Wanted: Jay Player : Love Is The Answer

Hi All,

Does anyone have a copy of this? Not sure of current value of this 12 but was hoping to pay around £30ish for an original but will take 2nd press.

PM me here or mail me at magsonjazz@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's one of my faves..

Would have though that 30 quid was a ball park price for the reissue. Originals have been going between £80-100.

IMO the 12" is better as the 7" cuts off the great dancy break halfway through.

Thanks for you're reply John...

Have seen on CDandLP site a couple of the red and white issues (that is the 2nd pressing of I believe) for about 80 Euro's - £60. Thought that was a bit too much. Would that be a fair estimation? Little out of touch with prices in all honesty.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

whats the difference in the reissue and the original?

As in the song or as in the look of the record and how you can tell the diff'?

Around 100 for the 1st issue and 30 for the 2nd in my book as well.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Thanks for you're reply John...

Have seen on CDandLP site a couple of the red and white issues (that is the 2nd pressing of I believe) for about 80 Euro's - £60. Thought that was a bit too much. Would that be a fair estimation? Little out of touch with prices in all honesty.

Far to much for the 2nd issue. What Album :lol: ??

Social source share

Mmm...ok. Sorry to be a further pain but can anyone tell me if the bootleg differs to the original greatly in sound quality / production or is it pretty much the same as the OG?

Very loathed to pay £60 for a bootie but could manage one for £30....

Social source share

Mmm...ok. Sorry to be a further pain but can anyone tell me if the bootleg differs to the original greatly in sound quality / production or is it pretty much the same as the OG?

Very loathed to pay £60 for a bootie but could manage one for £30....

it's not a bootleg. legally reissued and taken from the original master tapes I recall. Was advertisted in one of the very first issues of Voices from the Shadows I read (1991-ish??. I think it even was Rod Dearlove himself who had the reissue done in the states...

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

it's not a bootleg. legally reissued and taken from the original master tapes I recall. Was advertisted in one of the very first issues of Voices from the Shadows I read (1991-ish??. I think it even was Rod Dearlove himself who had the reissue done in the states...

Thats my understanding, Richard Carrrington had this re-issued and Rod was selling them at the time.

:huh:

Great record either way.

:P

Back to the Album that was mentioned, is there any one that can give me details please?

Social source share