soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 9
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Funny how you can play a tune for ten years or more and no one bats an eye lid...

Suddenly Butch plays it and.... WOAHHH laugh.gif

Quote of the night... "Its gonna go big.." shades.gif

Its a bugger aint it Joan wink.gif got mine of quinvy a couple of months ago

will intro it tonight as a JOAN and Butch spin

Edited by Tedsoul
Social source share

I didn't know the record until last year....when I heard it [soul club] I couldn't understand why nobody was playing it....I'm always looking for new or forgotten tunes to play out, so I set about trying to find one.....the first person I ask is always Butch....he didn't have a spare, but told me what a rare piece it was.....next person I asked was our Joan, who I knew had a copy because of a post on these pages....offered her a few quid, but she didn't want to sell it. [understandable] Anyhow, to cut a long story short, I got a copy from a top collector, played it a few times at Burnley, but didn't do anything for the dancers, and to be honest, it started to irritate me, and it's a tricky beat to dance to....Then at the first Lifeline at Wolvo, Butch gave it an airing, and the rest is history.....Like I've said before on here, Butch listens, when people ask him for records, he digs them out, and suddenly everyone wants them again....same when I asked him about Celebrities and Appreciations on Aware....he's been spinning Fab Apollos- Determination since he first came to Burnley....I know they are oldies, but many people don't know them....and they are quality.

I offered my copy to John Manship to auction, but he didn't think it would make much. So Ted has it now....think you'll struggle to get an original Spot, at least until the U.S. dealers realise there's a demand, and then you may see a few appear.

Original is styrene by the way....

post-1903-1220636532_thumb.png

Edited by quinvy
Social source share

Source Advert