Who Can Help Me Recognize This Song?

Hello everybody,

I am new to the board and maybe this fits elsewhere. Anyhow - I have a clip of a song which sounds very nice, but I don't know the name of it or the band playing it. It is probably from the 60's, mainly brass and organ-driven. To me, it's somewhere between Jazz, Soul and R&B. Maybe you can help me identify it. I uploaded the MP3 file here:

https://depositfiles.com/files/7696472

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello everybody,

I am new to the board and maybe this fits elsewhere. Anyhow - I have a clip of a song which sounds very nice, but I don't know the name of it or the band playing it. It is probably from the 60's, mainly brass and organ-driven. To me, it's somewhere between Jazz, Soul and R&B. Maybe you can help me identify it. I uploaded the MP3 file here:

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! :lol:

With the greatest respect, and this being your first post - I would introduce yourself on new members - expecially as you are asking us to download somthing that could be potentially a harmful virus or somthing !

Mossy :lol:

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Okay guys, thanks so far. I have not found it yet, but Stax was a good hint. After some web research I think the song might be a cover of Mel Torm's "Comin' Home Baby", however, I did not yet find a version that is equal to the sound clip.

Social source share

Okay guys, thanks so far. I have not found it yet, but Stax was a good hint. After some web research I think the song might be a cover of Mel Torm's "Comin' Home Baby", however, I did not yet find a version that is equal to the sound clip.

:D Couldn't download it anyway 'cos "the link is now obsolete".

Social source share

Hello everybody,

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! :thumbup:

ok so your not a virus then ! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Has all the hallmarks of the Mar-Keys.

i.e. "Booker T" organ sound, Memphis Horns brass sound.

But unfortunately can't put a name to the track.

Had a quick listen to a few Mar-Keys tracks on itunes and no joy there . . . so maybe not them after all . . . . !!

MB

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert