Village Choir Sweet Hot Lips - What's This Worth?

Guest Leonardo

• Replies 17
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've been trying to hear it for years! i believe it's a 60's version. Steve G says it's better, but he would as he's got a copy. :ohmy:

Jordi

I have the purple label version of this. I dont think it's 60s, but I've never heard any other version to compare it to. Unfortunately, mine doesnt look minty like the one pictured in this thread.

Social source share

Guest Leonardo

More to the point, is it better....any chance of a clip. I had the red one once but sold it..won't mind hearing how different this issue is.

There you go...

Social source share

Actually hearing them side by side not sure they are different - my clip's off the copy I had some time ago - not listened to it since it went so the other one did sound fresher...the bass on the recording of the purple one seems more prominent but that could be the recording :ohmy:

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Guest Leonardo

Hello Jules,

Is this attachment taken from the purple label? If yes, sounds exactly the same as the red label one.

Is the purple styrene (as in the case of the red) or vinyl ?

My copy is vinyl (not seen any others)

Social source share

I am not sure what is going on here, but always felt the mauve version was punchier. It's not 60's just more of an earethier 60s feel to it.

they both sound the same to me steve as for which is rarer or more expensive i coudnt say, are they both vynil or styrene this can sometimes affect the sound reproduction.

mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!