Micky Moonshine - Going Rate?

Guest bradcam

Guest bradcam

Micky Moonshine - Going Rate?

I've put this in as a want and realise my head valuation could be different from the actual. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks in advance.

Brad

Social source share

• Replies 205
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Thanks for that Pete - I didn't know that. I know of various rumours - one of them being that it was Alvin Stardust!

I'm always interested in your views on stuff - do you like this or is it one for the fookin hammer? I reckon you might like this. :lol:

Sounds like it, have you heard the B side?

P :D

Social source share

Dear Car Mechanic Of The Year

It's this bloke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Rainbow

bloody hell, didnt know this. he recorded one of my all time favourite pop singles....give me what i cry for... which he recorded for polydor in 74, one of mine and our daves early record memories. got a bit of play on radio one late that year but never charted. ive never heard in on the radio since but still play the 45 regular.

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

Thanks for that Pete - I didn't know that. I know of various rumours - one of them being that it was Alvin Stardust!

I'm always interested in your views on stuff - do you like this or is it one for the fookin hammer? I reckon you might like this. :ohmy:

Well I think that as a record played at home it's not an all time great but if you've experienced it at an allnighter blasted out, it sounds fantastic - I quite like it.

Social source share

bloody hell, didnt know this. he recorded one of my all time favourite pop singles....give me what i cry for... which he recorded for polydor in 74, one of mine and our daves early record memories. got a bit of play on radio one late that year but never charted. ive never heard in on the radio since but still play the 45 regular.

BRI PINCH.

I remember that, did it go something like 'give me what I cry for, what my heart would surely die for, take me to the ? that I love' - something like that? I haven't heard that for over 30 years!

Social source share

I always thought it Vince out that comedy Just good friends, cant remember his real name.

He had some other releases around that time as well so all seems to fit, but I cant remember where I got this info.

His name has just come to me Paul Nicholas who remembers Captain of my ship wot a tune. Of course I have nothing to back any of this up so pick the bones out of it at your leisure.

Social source share

So - just who is Mickey Moonshine

got told yrs ago that it was the actor Paul Nicholas....no joke

It's not Paul Nicholas - Paul Nicholas recorded under the name "Oscar" and did 3 singles for Reaction, one of them "Club of lights" is a good pop stomper, another, "Over the wall we go" is a collectable due to it being written by david Bowie in 1967 (that one was reissued on RSO in 77 as being by Ivor Bird!)

Social source share

It's not Paul Nicholas - Paul Nicholas recorded under the name "Oscar" and did 3 singles for Reaction, one of them "Club of lights" is a good pop stomper, another, "Over the wall we go" is a collectable due to it being written by david Bowie in 1967 (that one was reissued on RSO in 77 as being by Ivor Bird!)

just one of those old northern soul fables then :unsure:

Social source share

So, any ideas on the difference between the 1st issue and the 2nd then, I mean lable differences?

P :wicked:

It's all in bthe matrix numbers.....my friend

I actually like this - one of the best pop records played on the northern scene - actually tried to re-create a soulful sound with all those strings etc.

Social source share

Ivor Bird :wub:

I have asked Ian Levine if he can shed any light on this. Russ might know too. :wicked:

Social source share

:DSo I was justified in asking Smiffie the question

And his vicious verbal attack towards me was not warrented :thumbup:

So Mr Smith shove yer 77 issue of echoes up yer dirt box tongue.gif:D:)

the mystery continues

Cannot see it being Paul Nicolas ha had a shite girlie sounding voice

Where Mr Manship, can he shed any light :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!