Themed Evening " Upfront, Uptempo, Uptown "

Russoul1

Hi all, after the very successful "Girls,Girls,Girls" evening, we are pleased to bring you good soul folk

the next themed event;

"Upfront, Uptempo, Uptown"

playing an evening of uptempo soul, r&b,underplayed forgotten,classics,motown,60s n 70s

but as before "quality" being the main feature for the evening

The Venue;

"Atrium Room" The City, Priestgate, Peterborough, Cambs PE1 1JL

When;

Friday 3rd October 8.00pm til 12.30am(can run til 1am as the last event)

admission £3.00 otd

Djs;

Guests; Warren "boogaloo" Wint & Danny Price

Residents; Russ Holley & Ray(topbutton)Mahoney

for more info email russel.holley@btinternet.com or raymahoney@yahoo.com

also see the events calender

looking forward to seeing faces old and new, and another top top night!!

russ

Edited by russoul1
  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi all, after the very successful "Girls,Girls,Girls" evening, we are pleased to bring you good soul folk

the next themed event;

playing an evening of uptempo soul, r&b,underplayed forgotten,classics,motown,60s n 70s

The Venue;

When;

admission £3.00 otd

Djs;

russ

Had a great time at the last one . Superb night

Looking just as good .

Be good to see you again Russ . Danny had Burnley rocking mate .just hope the Atrium glass is shatter proof . :rolleyes:

Andy

Guest Andy Kempster

the next themed event;

The Venue;

When;

admission £3.00 otd

Djs;

russ

bugger bugger bugger, got the little fella that night, russ will you please check i can make it before booking anything else, this will be a corker and i shall be at home :thumbsup::lol:

the next themed event;

The Venue;

When;

admission £3.00 otd

Djs;

russ

always enjoy comin' back to peterboro and great to see the City Club is back -its a great venue .

unfortunally for us this one clashes with the Whitby weekender with the Middleton crew on board .

have you future dates ?

Andy

BEARSOUL & FRIENDS present 'The re birth of TASTE OF HONEY' - DON'T SURRENDER YOUR DREAMS

FRID 26TH SEPT @ the Wardolf Hotel, 12 Gore Street, Manchester. M1 3AQ. 8pm -2am

DJs : MARTIN GOGGIN ( Cork Leeside S.C) ANDY BELLWOOD (York), ADY POUNTAIN (Vinyl Viagara! You'll be up All-Night .. Dancing !! ) PAUL HAVEKIN ( GSC ) JORDI RIPOLLES (Groove Merchant) JOHNNY FINGERS (Demon Devil Of The Decks ) Liam Quinn (Belfast SC) . Further details www.bearsoul.moonfruit.com.

bugger bugger bugger, got the little fella that night, russ will you please check i can make it before booking anything else, this will be a corker and i shall be at home :thumbsup::D
bring him along andy!! we are setting up a creche and a uptempo soul night for the kids!!lol

see you at hitchin

russ

always enjoy comin' back to peterboro and great to see the City Club is back -its a great venue .

unfortunally for us this one clashes with the Whitby weekender with the Middleton crew on board .

have you future dates ?

Andy

BEARSOUL & FRIENDS present 'The re birth of TASTE OF HONEY' - DON'T SURRENDER YOUR DREAMS

FRID 26TH SEPT @ the Wardolf Hotel, 12 Gore Street, Manchester. M1 3AQ. 8pm -2am

DJs : MARTIN GOGGIN ( Cork Leeside S.C) ANDY BELLWOOD (York), ADY POUNTAIN (Vinyl Viagara! You'll be up All-Night .. Dancing !! ) PAUL HAVEKIN ( GSC ) JORDI RIPOLLES (Groove Merchant) JOHNNY FINGERS (Demon Devil Of The Decks ) Liam Quinn (Belfast SC) . Further details www.bearsoul.moonfruit.com.

Hi Andy, yes agreed 'The City' is a great venue. Sorry you can't make this one. Regarding fuure dates - pencil in your diary the next couple which are:

Friday 28th November 2008

Friday 2nd January 2009

Thanks for your encouraging words which, is great not just for me, but for all the promoters in Peterbrough. Have a cracking time at Whitby and see you on 28th November if not before. Cheers, Ray Mahoney

the next themed event;

The Venue;

When;

admission £3.00 otd

Djs;

russ

really looking forward to this night :unsure:

Hi Ray & Russ(sounds like a gay act sometimes seen on films of a naughty nature).

Thanks for the free tickets very mucho appreciated also the CD good tracks on it,Yes me and Mandy will be there,hoping to get PJ Paul Johnson & Lindy out again for this one,mind you i aint looking foward to them old dirt roads in the fens alongside them rivers.But for this event ill put up wih it.

see ya on Friday

Toby..

Guest gordon russell

Uptempo eh? hmmm :lol: .....yep, that sounds good to me.

shame danny ain't got a dewy black....mind you don't think they're ready for it mate lol :(:lol: .Uptempo though flavour of the month oh yes :lol:

Hi Ray & Russ(sounds like a gay act sometimes seen on films of a naughty nature).

Thanks for the free tickets very mucho appreciated also the CD good tracks on it,Yes me and Mandy will be there,hoping to get PJ Paul Johnson & Lindy out again for this one,mind you i aint looking foward to them old dirt roads in the fens alongside them rivers.But for this event ill put up wih it.

see ya on Friday

Toby..

Toby, what weird films have you been watching then? Anyway whats all those mags on the back seat of your car - definately not 'Manifesto' or 'Blues & Soul' !!

Edited by Raym

Uptempo eh? hmmm g.gif .....yep, that sounds good to me.

Hi ya Pottsy, good to hear from you - Sue confirmed last night at Hitchin that you are definately comming on Friday. Dont forget to bring that sales box as there was a fair bit of activity round the sales boxes out on the sofas last time round.

well thats the end of another weekend, now looking forward to friday so apart from whos

posted already anyone else making the journey? be good to see my old friends from st.neots,st.ives &

huntingdon heading to the boro

come on ladies, no posts!! after the last event is the thought of a evening of uptempo to manly

for ya..... :wicked:

russ

Edited by russoul1

Russ and Ray, is it OK if I play just one mid tempo tune. Just managed to secure an all time want - I guarantee it won't disappoint. Pleeeeeeeeze.

Warren

Play it at about 55rpm and you will be there Warren!! :D As Russ said slip a beer our way and we might let you play it :D - anyway, what is that good that makes you ask us to 'bend' the rules? :)

Basically anything that plays above Mid-Tempo will fall into our "uptempo" theme - so it's not gonna be a night of 100% frantic 100mph storming stompers. Just good quality, danceable sounds that sit just above Mid-Tempo in beat. The emphasis on all these nights is QUALITY Soul music. :lol:

Edited by Raym

shame danny ain't got a dewy black....mind you don't think they're ready for it mate lol :lol::lol: .Uptempo though flavour of the month oh yes :P

Yeh, it is :D ......"ok, one last record from me then I'll hand you over tooooooo......BIIIIIIG 'shame he ain't got a dewy black' DAAAAAANNY!!!" swoon.gif

Only pullin' ya pecker Danny, you'll knock 'em dead mate. Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Edited by pottsy

Hi ya Pottsy, good to hear from you - Sue confirmed last night at Hitchin that you are definately comming on Friday. Dont forget to bring that sales box as there was a fair bit of activity round the sales boxes out on the sofas last time round.

tell me about it . spent £130 at the last one.

cya friday

Afternoon all,

Well after the success of the last night this is shaping up to be a fantastic sequel. With a great line up of quality DJ's bringing you the best in uptempo sounds i'm sure all in attendance will be more than happy with their choice to go.

I have to say that I am absolutely gutted I cannot make it, i've tried absolutely everything to get out of other commitments here but there's not a thing I can do, all i know is that I will be missing a cracking night, I wish everyone a great time who goes and make sure you have a good listen to Russel's set as he has such an under-rated record collection.

Good luck guys.

Hope to see you all soon.

Matt

Afternoon all,

Well after the success of the last night this is shaping up to be a fantastic sequel. With a great line up of quality DJ's bringing you the best in uptempo sounds i'm sure all in attendance will be more than happy with their choice to go.

I have to say that I am absolutely gutted I cannot make it, i've tried absolutely everything to get out of other commitments here but there's not a thing I can do, all i know is that I will be missing a cracking night, I wish everyone a great time who goes and make sure you have a good listen to Russel's set as he has such an under-rated record collection.

Good luck guys.

Hope to see you all soon.

Matt

shame young man, but thanks for the compliment (will pay ya laters lol)

hope you get the job got to be easier juggling them bottles than juggling that edger :)

see ya soon

NOT VIABLE :lol:

Looking forward to this one as the last one was so good. Now, I've promised to play only one Latin track but it's a killer.

Cheers Warren

If I dont make it this Friday Warren I think you should play it for me at Boogaloo Sat (will definitely be there!)

Russ/Ray, cheers for the free tickets but my girlies are (both) working Friday night, and I might need my beauty sleep for a week-end in Landan....will see you soon though!

Gail

Edited by Delasoul

Ill see you there, Im really looking forward to this after the opening night, really enjoyed myself the theme worked superbly, this one promises to be even better and by the look of its gonna be another packer.

anyone know what time dannys spot is tnight please , nige
hi nige, tonight we will be splitting djs times to 2 x 30 mins dannys first spot will

be 9.30-10pm then later, just gives everyone a good spot time.

see you all later and get there early!!! for a uplifting uptempo evenin of quality soulllllllllllll!!!

russ

hi nige, tonight we will be splitting djs times to 2 x 30 mins dannys first spot will

be 9.30-10pm then later, just gives everyone a good spot time.

see you all later and get there early!!! for a uplifting uptempo evenin of quality soulllllllllllll!!!

russ

thanks for that russ , will try me best to make it over tnight . nige