This Weeks Original Mastercuts On Starpoint With Ian Dewhirst

Ian Dewhirst

Well, I've been laid up for a week or so with the annual really bad chest infection which I get every year from the end of November to the beginning of December. Par for the course really. I think it's nature's way of telling me that I'm not 21 anymore and I really must start to take it easy.

Well, no chance of that LOL. With 10 brand new Backbeats albums coming out on 26/12/11 (Boxing Day in the UK) and the Philadelphia International 40th Anniversary campaign launching in January with 'Philadelphia International: The Re-Edits' there's just no time to be ill.

Plus I had to break-in a new laptop and somehow hope that everything transferred OK. For me such things are a major headache. So far, so good. It looks like I've managed to crank out this show via the new machine.

Which is just as well as it's a killer! Took me 48 hours to work this one out Folks. Naturally it's un-missable........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 4th December 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Nicci * Mathew Bandy feat Josh Milan * Leon Ware * Frankie Knuckles feat Jamie Principle * Sandy Barber * Lee Garrett * The Jacksons * Gloria Scott * Etta James * Stevie Wonder * The Temprees * Freddie Hughes * The Casanova Two * Ila Vann * Bobby Patterson * The Four Tops * Edwin Starr * Judy Clay & William Bell * Sly & The Family Stone * Paulette Reaves * Barry White * Al Green * The Chi-Lites

See you in the Starpoint chatroom on the Starpoint homepage @ 2.00pm sharp!

Thanks for listening!

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• Replies 337
  • Views 40.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This week we have the usual blend of some snappy Soulful House, some fabulous remixes, some killer re-edits, several great versions of the same songs and a whole heap of superior Soul music as per usual!

Many thanks for the usual GREAT Sunday afternoon ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS crowd in the Starpoint chatroom and hats off to all our international listeners who were out in force this Sunday! Compliments of the season to all! Hope you all enjoyed it this week!

Download link after playlist.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 4th December 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Download link below!

Featuring......

1st Hour

Nicci - When You're Free - Blaze Vocal Mix

Mathew Bandy feat Josh Milan - Wish - Original Mix

Leon Ware - On The Beach - Atjazz Remix

Frankie Knuckles feat Jamie Principle - I'll Take You There - Dimitri From Paris Remix

Sandy Barber - Don't You Worry Baby (The Best Is Yet To Come) - John Morales Remix

Lee Garrett - You're My Everything - Jimmy The Twin Re-Edit

The Jacksons - Strength Of One Man - Womack Re-Edit

Gloria Scott - What Am I Gonna Do - Walter Mengon Re-Edit

2nd Hour

Etta James - At Last

Stevie Wonder - At Last

The Temprees - At Last

Freddie Hughes - We Gotta Keep On

The Casanova Two - We've Got To Keep On

Ila Vann - Can't Help Loving That Man

Bobby Patterson - My Baby's Coming Back To Me

The Four Tops - Do What You Gotta Do

Judy Clay & William Bell - Private Number

Sly & The Family Stone - If You Want Me To Stay

Paulette Reaves - Let Me Wrap You In My Arms

Edwin Starr - There You Go

Barry White - It's Only Love Doing It's Thing - Leon Deejay Re-Edit

Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You

The Chi-Lites - Stoned Out Of My Mind - Scratchnsniff Re-Rub

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-12-04-Starpoint.mp3

We'll be having a bit of a party on the 18/12/11 with the Chertsey collective of Spit & Spot joining the show for some pre Xmas/New Years Eve executive therapy plus Al will be down as well so it'll be a packed studio!

Thanks for listening and catch you on the 18th!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Coming up LIVE @ 2.00-4.00pm today we have a sneak preview of some of those Philadelphia International Re-Edits, some fabulous remixes, some killer re-edits, some 70's corkers, some great raw funky stormers and the usual blend of superior Soul music throughout the show!

Plus this week we'll be having a 'lil pre Xmas party where I'll be joined by Spit & Spot (Steve Warner & Mark Fenton) and Steve Johns from Swansong Four for some Xmas jollies. Meanwhile Champy and Carl Mason will be in the other studio knocking out a special Xmas show, so it'll be a full house this afternoon!

Hope you can join us in the Starpoint chatroom on the Starpoint homepage where it's always lively on a Sunday afternoon!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst with the Swansong 4 boys between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 18th December 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes * Jean Carn * Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes * Oddysey * Invisible Man's Band * Cee-Lo Green feat Wiz Khalifa * Sade * Rena Scott * Jocelyn Brown & Soulpersona * Skip Mahoney * The Spinners * Mandrill * Lee Dorsey * Don Covay * Lee Mitchell * J.C. Brooks & The Uptown Sounds * Master Plan * The Dramatics * The Staple Singers * McFadden & Whitehead * Collins & Collins * Cee-Lo Green

See you in the chatroom LIVE @ 2.00pm!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Phew, sorry for the late posting. Xmas parties and daughter's 18th birthdays always get in the way LOL....

Well a party it certainly was with Champy, Carl Mason (or should that be Carlito LOL), Spit, Spot (Steve Warner & Mark Fenton) and the newly christened Stick (aka Steve) joining me for a killer 2 hour LIVE session - seat of your pants radio and all that. It was a very merry show folks!

Plus a full-house in the chatroom too, so major shouts to all the Sunday afternoon regulars and the good peeps from around the world. This year's been a gas.

Plus we kicked off with 3 killers from the Upcoming "Philadelphia International: The Re-Edits" project, found some awesome fresh re-edits, some downright brilliant tunes from the last 12 months and some tasty show faves.

Playlist and 2 Download links below (we've zapped another one up in case the other is 'streamed-up'). Enjoy!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst and the Swansong 4 boys, Spit, Spot and Stick between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 18th December 2011 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back) - Morning Star Re-Edit

Jean Carn - If You Wanna Go Back - Morning Star Re-Edit

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Be For Real - Tim McAllister Re-Edit

Odyssey - Inside Out - DJ Friction Remix

Invisible Man's Band - All Night Thing - Disco Deviance Re-Edit

Cee-Lo Green feat Wiz Khalifa - Bright Lights, Bigger City

Sade - Hang On To Your Love - Mathew Kyle Re-Edit

Rena Scott - Come On Inside - Chris Baron Re-Edit

Jocelyn Brown & Soulpersona - In The Middle

2nd Hour

Gregory Porter - 1960 What

Lee Dorsey - Who's Gonna Help A Brother

Skip Mahoney - Janice (Don't Be So Blind To Love)

The Spinners - Split Decision

Glam Sam & His Combo - The Last Days Of Disco

Mandrill - My Kind Of Girl

Master Plan - Clinton Park

The Staple Singers - Let's Do It Again

Collins & Collins - You Know How To Make Me Feel Good

McFadden & Whitehead - I've Been Pushed Aside

Shirley Jones & Jean Carn - Whatever It Takes - Joey Negro Club Mix

Cee-Lo Green - I Want You - Jack Splash Remix

Luther Vandross - Merry Christmas

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-12-18-Starpoint.mp3

https://www.originalmastercuts.com/OriginalMastercuts-2011-12-18-Starpoint.mp3

Al and Carlito will be back on Christmas Day with an Original Mastercuts special! Should be perfect Xmas day listening!

See you on the 2/01/2012!

I hope you all have a killer break and listen to lots of music! Merry Xmas to everyone!

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Well what a blinding start to the year. A big hello to everyone who was at Emma B's New Year's Eve party at The Bell in the tiny village of Ticehurst in East Sussex. What a fantastic way to bring in a New Year and a truly memorable gig with my old mucker Paul Schofield. We'll be up in Leeds at Distrikt on the 10th Feb to launch a brand new night so please try and join us if you can!

And then up to the Luxury Soul Weekender in Blackpool which as usual was battered by 70mph winds but absolutely brilliant as usual. Big props to Richard and Ralph for making this such a key event to kick off the year with!

And talking of gigs, don't forget the upcoming Club Soul @ The Holiday Inn, Heathrow coming up on 28th January where I'll be playing with Barry Stone and we'll also be doing a 'Philadelphia International: The Re-Edits' party with some nice freebies!

And talking of Philly International, we're going to have an advance listen to a few of the BRILLIANT tracks from the upcoming 'Philadelphia International Classics: The Tom Moulton Remixes' due out at the end of February. To say I'm looking forward to this show would be an understatement. A great way to kick off my first show of 2012!

Hope ya can join me LIVE this Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 15th January 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Cee-Lo Green * Archie Bell & The Drells * Hardsoul feat Ron Carroll * M&S feat Sean Escoffrey * Billy Paul * Lou Rawls * The O'Jays * The Intruders * Love Committee * The Trammps * Jerry Butler * Brenda Lee Eager * Syreeta and Stevie Wonder * Jean Carn * Robert Upchurch * The Three Degrees

Hopefully I'll catch some of you in the Starpoint chatroom which is on the Starpoint home page.

See you LIVE @ 2.00pm!

Ian D X

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Well, that was a great way to kick off the first show of the New Year! The biggest crowd in the chat room EVER and a monster overall audience so thanks to all for tuning in!

Naturally much of the show was given over to highlighting just a few of the brilliant new Tom Moulton remixes from the upcoming "Philadelphia International Classics: The Tom Moulton Remixes" due at the end of next month. And what a brilliant reaction they got too!

Download link below...

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 15th January 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

Cee-Lo Green - Bright Lights, Bigger City

Archie Bell & The Drells - Let's Groove - New Tom Moulton Remix

Hardsoul feat Ron Carroll - Back Together - Francois K Remix

M&S feat Sean Escoffrey - So Sweetly - Kenny Carpenter Big Apple Mix

Billy Paul - The Whole Town's Talking - New Tom Moulton Remix

Lou Rawls - See You When I Git There - New Tom Moulton Remix

The O'Jays - This Time Baby - New Tom Moulton Remix

2nd Hour

The Intruders - (Win, Place Or Show) She's A Winner - New Tom Moulton Remix

Love Committee - I Made A Mistake - Rahaan Re-Edit

The Trammps - Where Do We Go From Here - New Tom Moulton Remix

Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager - Ever Since I Can Remember

Syreeta Wright feat Stevie Wonder - To Know You Is To Love You

Jean Carn - My Love Don't Come Easy - New Tom Moulton Remix

Robert Upchurch - The Devil Made Me Do It - New Tom Moulton Remix

The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again - New Tom Moulton Remix

Download Link

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2012-01-15-Starpoint.mp3

Hopefully I'll catch some of you at the forthcoming Club Soul at the Heathrow Holiday Inn, Sipson Road, Heathrow on Saturday 28th January where I'll be spinning with Barry Stone and giving away some 'Philadelphia International: The Re-Edits' packages to some lucky people.

Also I'll be up in Leeds for Heritage @ Distrikt on Friday 10th February for a brand new city centre night with Paul Schofield just mere yards from the old Central club where we started some 35 years ago!

Al will be back next week and I'll be back on the 29th Jan so see ya then!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'll probably be recovering from the Starpoint Club Soul gig @ the Holiday Inn Heathrow tonight hence I thought I'd better post the show early!

We'll be continuing pretty much where we left off last time with several more utterly brilliant new Tom Moulton remixes from the upcoming "Philadelphia International Classics: The Tom Moulton Remixes" due at the end of next month, some cute new mixes and new re-edits plus some stone Northern killers and a brace of beautiful Motown gems.

All in all it'll be another wonderful way to while away a couple of hours on a cold Winter Sunday afternoon so hope you can join me in the Starpoint chatroom for some warm banter.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 29th January 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

The O'Jays * The Three Degrees * Jose Burgos feat Kenny Bobien * Luther Vandross * Marvin Gaye * Archie Bell & The Drells * The Casualeers * The Idle Few * Bobby Hebb * Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose * The For Tops * Brenda Holloway * Junior Walker & The All-Stars * The Jones Girls * David Ruffin * Lou Rawls

Hopefully I'll catch some of you tonight at Club Soul at the Heathrow Holiday Inn, Sipson Road, Heathrow on Saturday 28th January where I'll be spinning with Barry Stone and giving away some 'Philadelphia International: The Re-Edits' packages to some lucky people.

Also I'll be up in Leeds for 'Heritage' @ Distrikt on Friday 10th February for a brand new city centre night with Paul Schofield & Liam Frisco just mere yards from the old Central club where we started some 35 years ago!

Catch you Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm sharp!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Many apologies for the late posting folks! Up to my neck in work at the moment so better late than never!

We continued pretty much from where we left off last time with several more utterly brilliant new Tom Moulton remixes from the upcoming "Philadelphia International Classics: The Tom Moulton Remixes" now due in early March touch wood. Plus some cute new mixes and new re-edits and some stone Northern killers and a brace of beautiful Motown gems.

As per usual the Starpoint chatroom was packed so many thanks to all for joining in with lovely Sunday afternoon banter.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 29th January 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Download link below.

Featuring......

1st Hour

The O'Jays - Backstabbers - Tom Moulton Remix

The Three Degrees - Year Of Decision - Tom Moulton Remix

Jose Burgos feat Kenny Bobien - For Your Love - Tom Moulton 2011 Remix

Luther Vandross - Never Too Much - Fingerman Re-Edit

Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up - Elijah Collins Re-Edit

Archie Bell & The Drells - Where Will You Go When The Party's Over - Tom Moulton Remix

2nd Hour

The Casualeers - Dance Dance Dance

The Idle Few - People That's Why

Bobby Hebb - Love Love Love

Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - It's Too Late To Turn Back Now

The Four Tops - If I Were A Carpenter - Apple Scruffs Re-Edit

Brenda Holloway - All I Do Is Think About You

Junior Walker & The All-Stars - Way Back Home Inst & Voc

The Jones Girls - Nights Over Egypt - Tom Moulton Remix

David Ruffin - Walk About From Love - Soho 808 Re-Edit

Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine - Tom Moulton Remix

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2012-01-29-Starpoint.mp3

Also I'll be up in Leeds for 'Heritage' @ Distrikt this coming Friday 10th February for a brand new city centre night with Paul Schofield & Liam Frisco just mere yards from the old Central club where we started some 35 years ago!

Catch you next Sunday afternoon 12/02/12 between 2.00-4.00pm sharp!

Social source share

Apologies to all for my no-show last week and many thanks to Al for filling in at short notice! I had a king hell zinger of a night up in Leeds a week last Friday with Paul Schofield @ Heritage @ Distrikt (next one on the 9th March) and woke up the next day with a king hell cold! So I was wiped out last week!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the show this week. Naturally we have a mini tribute to Ms Houston (RIP) but otherwise it's back to the usual Sunday afternoon mix of old favourites, newies, killer re-edits, classic Northern and just great music, so hope you can join me and if you're up for some banter then join me in the Starpoint chatroom on the Starpoint homepage with the regular crew.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 19th February 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Whitney Houston * Diana Ross * The Defloristics feat Gary Poole * Slick * Alexander O'Neal * Sister Sledge * Ashford & Simpson * R. Kelly * The Temptations * Jackie Lee * Bobby Freeman * The Olympics * Vicki Nelson * George Blackwell * Dave Love * Curtis Mayfield * Al Hudson & the Soul Partners * The Jones Girls * Anthony Hamilton * Arnie's Love * Barry White

See you @ 2.00-4.00pm!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I've just about recovered from 6 weeks of licensing hell in trying to get the Tom Moulton project out and suddenly it's my birthday again. Somehow I've made it to another year and the big day happens to coincide with this week's show, so I guess I'll be celebrating in the studio with the usual Original Mastercuts Sunday afternoon crowd!

It's a bit thin on the new release front for me at the moment but there's plenty of decent re-edits around plus plenty of old favourites, some classic and lesser played Northern, some beautiful 70's goodies and a mesmerizing last half-hour, so hope you tune in and if you're up for some banter then join me in the Starpoint chatroom on the Starpoint homepage with the regular crew.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 4th March 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

The Nick Straker Band * War * The Trammps * Crown Heights Affair * Yasuko Agawa * Two Tons Of Fun * The Undisputed Truth * The Ideals * The Detroit Executives * The Dynamics * Turn Of The Century * Jodi Mathis * Otis Williams * Bill Brandon * The Johnny Otis Show feat Barbara Morrison * Bessie Banks * George Benson * Jermaine Jackson * Collins & Collins * Bobby Caldwell * Spank * Dionne Warwick & The Detroit Spinners

Also, for anyone who's around Leeds this coming Friday myself and Paul Schofield will be looking at another ROCKIN' night @ Distrikt in Leeds, so please come down and join us if you're in town!

See you @ 2.00-4.00pm!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alan Champ

Hi all (I hope Ian doesn't mind me jumping in on this thread).

The latest edition of Original Mastercuts is now available for you to download or stream.

Here's the link:

https://www.sixmillio...rupal/node/1591

Tracks played on the show were...

Major Lance - How My Love Goes

Blue Notes - We Can Make It

Tortured Soul - In My Fantasy

The Trammps - The Night The Lights Went Out

The Supremes & The Four Tops - You Ain't Livin' Till You're Lovin'

Coldfeet - So Glad You're Here

Blood Hollins feat. Jean Lang - How Have You Been

Gloria Gaynor - Prettiest Face I've Ever Seen

Brandye - I Love The Way You Love

Sharon Redd - Love Is Gonna Get Ya

Vitamin E - Newsroom

Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is

Rhythm Makers - Street Dreamin'

City Limits - Words Without Love

The Temptations - Save My Love For A Rainy Day

The Five Stairsteps - Playgirl's Love

Spyder Turner - I Don't Want To Cry

Paramount Four - Sorry Ain't The Word

Four Sonics Plus One - Tell Me You're Mine

Chuck Jackson - What Am I Gonna Do Without You

Barbara Mason & The Futures - I Aint Got Nobody

The Esquires - My Sweet Baby

Free Movement - Could You Believe In A Dream

Freddie Hughes - I Gotta Keep My Bluff In

Quiet Fire - Lost Without Your Love

The Brockingtons - I Just Got To Know

Walter Johnson - Not Now But Later

Barbara Mason - Who'd Ever Think

Ronnie McNeir - It Won't Be Long (When We're All Gone)

The Three Pieces - If Only I Could Prove To You

The Dells - Darling Dear

Bruce Cloud - Walk In My Shoes

Impact - I Thought You Might Like To Know

Leroy Hutson - Getting It On

Brenda Holloway - You've Made Me So Very Happy (instr)

Join us every week for two hours of quality soulful grooves from the 1960's to the present day, broadcast live each Sunday afternoon on Starpoint Radio - 2pm to 4pm UK time.

ps. Don't forget to check out our web site for archived shows, etc:

https://www.originalmastercuts.com

Ian's back this coming Sunday - Mother's Day Special no doubt!

Alan

Social source share

First of all many apologies for not being as efficient as usual with the downloads and playlists of the previous couple of shows. My fault entirely and will rectify immediately. What can I say, other than it's been busy just lately LOL....

This week we're featuring an Original Mastercuts tribute to the late great Jimmy Ellis - one of my favourite vocalists of all time from one of my favourite groups of all time. So expect a few Trammps tracks OK? And naturally, we'll be featuring the usual selection of tasty new releases and hot re-edits plus the usual diet of incredible soul records across all the eras!

Plus finished copies of the Tom Moulton/PIR remix box set are in my hands so we'll probably do a competition at some point!

So try and join us in the Starpoint chatroom on the Starpoint homepage for some easy Sunday afternoon banter with the regulars!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 18th March 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

The Trammps * Tortured Soul * Mascara feat Luther Vandross * The Blackbyrds * Raydio * George Benson * Eon * Anthony White feat Millie Jackson * The Trammps * Ronnie Walker * Barbara Acklin * Leon Haywood * Cecil Parker * Jimmy James * Al Johnson & Jean Carn * Kool & The Gang * Stephanie Mills * The Trammps

It's a busy time on the road, so if you're out and about I have 2 upcoming gigs in Leeds - Leeds Warehouse on Saturday 31st March and Distrikt with my old mucker Paul Schofield on Thursday 5th April and then back to the Holiday Inn in Bexley on Friday 13th April for another Club Soul extravaganza where we'll doing a promotion on the Philadelphia International Classics: The Tom Moulton Remixes album! Hopefully I'll catch some of you if you're around and about!

See you @ 2.00-4.00pm!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Alan Champ

Check out the latest edition of Original Mastercuts - another two hour bonanza of top-notch lesser-known soulful grooves!

Download or stream the show in high quality 192k MP3 format via this link:

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/drupal/node/1604

Tracks played:

Diana Ross & Marvin Gaye - Love Twins

Rawl Soul Express - The Way We Live

The Producers - Love is Amazing

Jean Carn - You Got A Problem

21st Century - Tricks Are Made For Kids

The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save

Martha & The Vandellas - Baby (Don't You Leave Me)

Root Soul - Spirit of Love (short version)

Blinky - Rescue Me

Joe Bourne - Baby You're The One

100% Pure Poison - Puppet on a Chain

Johnny Bristol - Do It To My Mind

Edee - Make It Last

Michael Henderson - You're My Choice

Cado Belle - Got To Love

The Emotions - Love's What's Happenin'

LTD - Never Get Enough Of Your Love

The Impressions - Find The Way

The Continental IV - The Love You Gave To Me

Continental Showstoppers - Not Too Young

The Flirtations - How Can You Tell Me

Spanky Wilson - Easy Lover

The Duprees - Check Yourself

Bobbie Smith - Walk On Into My Heart

Bobby Hill - Tell Me You Love Me

The Jackson 5 - I Wanna Be Where You Are

Nathan Williams - Reaching Higher

The Voices of East Harlem - Wanted Dead or Alive

Raj - Something Inside

Black Sugar - Too Late

Esther Phillips - Home Is Where The Hatred Is (Onur Engin edit)

The Temptations - Take A Look Around

New York City Band feat Luther Vandross - Together

Incognito - Good Love

Enjoy!

Alan

Social source share

Once again many apologies for not being as efficient as usual with the downloads and playlists of the previous couple of shows. I've actually written 'em all out but on my work computer so I can't post the catch-ups till tomorrow so I'll post up the two March shows with playlists and links tomorrow which should bring us up to date again. Apologies to Alan, who's been bugging me to do this for the last few weeks!

This week's show has a load of newish stuff that has built up over the last few weeks so naturally I'll be featuring plenty of those 'cos they're all really tasty! Plus some interesting new re-edits and informal remixes and the usual diet of incredible soul records across all the eras!

So try and join us in the Starpoint chatroom on the Starpoint homepage for some easy Sunday afternoon banter with the regulars!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 15th April 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Pagany feat Myles Sanko * Richard Earnshaw Vs Marc Evans * Waltereino feat Kereem * Junior White & Noelle * Jill Scott * Donald Sheffey * Slave * George Benson * J.J. Barnes * The Philly Devotions * Velvet * The Invitations * The Supremes * Bettye Swan * Johnnie Taylor * Valerie Simpson * Lamont Starr * Thelma Jones * Bo Kirkland & Ruth Davis

Big shout outs to all the peeps who were at the Warehouse in Leeds a couple of weeks back. Great to see my old boss Mike Wiand again after some 30 years and so many other old faces from the early 80's! We all seem to be wearing well - must've been something in the water ay? Respect to all. Great to see Frankie Knuckles play a belting set too! A rockin' night all round.

Also looking forward to catching up with loads of you at the forthcoming Baltic Soul Weekender in Germany in 2 weeks' time (which means I'll miss the next show too dammit).

Anyway, if you can join me today from 2.00-4.00pm this afternoon that'd be great! See you in the Starpoint chatroom!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

I've been really lax in posting the show over the last 6 weeks due to work pressures and a few gigs, so many apologies for everyone who's been chasing playlists and links. Here are the last 3 shows so I can catch up!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 4th March 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

The Nick Straker Band - A Little Bit Of Jazz - Jimmy The Twin Re-Edit

War - The World Is A Ghetto - U.S. Disco Mix

The Trammps - Hooked For Life - Martin 'Monster' Aurelio Remix

Crown Heights Affair - Say A Payer For Two - Ghosts Of Venice Re-Edit

Yasuko Agawa - L.A. Nights - Kharrington Club Mix

Two Tons Of Fun - Just Us - Womack Re-Edit

The Undisputed Truth - Law Of The Land - Jazzy Jen Re-Edit

2nd Hour

The Ideals - The Mighty Lover

The Detroit Executives - Cool Off

The Dynamics - Yes I Love You Baby

Turn Of The Century - Money Can't

Jodi Mathis - Don't You Care Anymore

Otis Williams - Take Me Back

Bill Brandon - Whatever I Am, I'm Yours

The Johnny Otis Show feat Barbara Morrison - Hey Boy! I Want Ya

Bessie Banks - (Don't You Worry Baby) The Best Is Yet To Come

George Benson - This Masquerade - Nightmares On Wax Remix

Jermaine Jackson - You Like Me Don't You

Collins & Collins - You Know How To Make Me Feel Good

Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love -

Dionne Warwick & The Detroit Spinners - Then Came You - Larry Sanders Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...4-Starpoint.mp3

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 18th March 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

The Trammps - That's Where The Happy People Go - J*Ski Remix

The Trammps - I Feel Like I've Been Living (On The Dark Side Of The Moon)

Tortured Soul - Don't Hold Me Down

Mascara feat Luther Vandross - See You In L.A. - Jazzy Jen Re-Edit

The Blackbyrds - Happy Music - Original Remix

Raydio - Jack & Jill - Womack Re-Work

George Benson - Inside Love (So Personal)

Eon - We'll Go On

Anthony White feat Millie Jackson - Hey Baby - Sensuous Soul Re-Edit

2nd Hour

The Trammps - Hold Back The Night - Scratchnsniff Re-Rub

The Trammps - Trusting Heart - Tom Moulton Remix

Ronnie Walker - You're The One

Barbara Acklin - I Did It - Scratchnsniff Re-Rub

Leon Haywood - Consider The Source

Cecil Parker - I Think I'll Tell Her

Jimmy James - Never Had This Dream Before

Al Johnson & Jean Carn - I'm Back For More - Sensuous Soul Re-Edit

Kool & The Gang - Too Hot

Stephanie Mills - Whatcha Gonna Do With My Loving - Sensuous Soul Re-Edit

The Trammps - Where Do We Go From Here - Tom Moulton Remix

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...8-Starpoint.mp3

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 15th April 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

Pagany feat Myles Sanko - Another Star - Roby Arduini & Pagany Soulful Mix

Richard Earnshaw Vs Marc Evans - The Way You Love Me

Waltereino feat Kereem - I Love Muzik - Alfred Azzetto Classic Mix

Junior White & Noelle - Stay - John Morales M&M Main Mix

Jill Scott - So In Love With You - Booker T Re-Edit

Donald Sheffey - Sweetheart - Kwazi Ngema & KeithBlack Roots Mix

Slave - Just A Touch Of Love - Fingerman Re-Edit

George Benson - The World Is A Ghetto - Suonho Re-Edit

2nd Hour

J.J. Barnes - How Long

The Philly Devotions - I Just Can't Say Goodbye - Jimmy DuPre Re-Edit

Velvet - Bet You If You Ask Around

The Invitations - Look On The Good Side - J*Ski Re-Edit

The Supremes - You Can't Stop A Girl In Love

Bettye Swan - When The Game Is Played On You - The Apple Scruffs Re-Edit

Johnnie Taylor - Shoot For The Stars

Valerie Simpson - Silly Wasn't I - Extended Mix

Lamont Starr - Float Away - Steppers Mix

Thelma Jones - Now That We Found Love

Bo Kirkland & Ruth Davis - You're Gonna Get Next To Me - DJ Sensus Remix

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...5-Starpoint.mp3

Al will be on for the next 2 weeks and then we'll be rotating every other week touch wood.

I look forward to seeing loads of people at the Baltic Soul Weekender in 10 days!

Toodle Pip!

Social source share

Guest Alan Champ

Original Mastercuts on Starpoint Radio - Sunday 22nd April 2012

Alan with guest Tony Matthews

I'm joined this week by my very good friend and ex co-presenter Tony Matthews.

An engaging and entertaining character, Tony is probably best known for his headline DJ appearances at the Caister Soul Weekend. He's also a keen football fan (we support the same team - they wear blue) and is a long-serving officer in the Royal Naval Reserve.

We'll be playing the usual Sunday afternoon mixture of interesting and lesser-known soulful music, including some of Tony's all-time favourites. I'm sure we'll also be chatting about the upcoming Caister event in May, and maybe even covering one or two footy-related issues.

Be sure to listen in - www.starpointradio.com - Sunday from 2pm to 4pm. It should be fun!

Alan

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

A massive big shout for everyone who made it to the Baltic Soul Weekender last weekend! Truly one of the biggest events in International Soul circles with 5000 of the friendliest people you could ever hope to meet, the best music, a brilliant vibe throughout and live acts to kill for! So special thanks to Dan, Nussim, Barbara, Andrew and the rest of the crew who make this event a reality. And shout outs to all the deejays who were on throughout the weekend. What a gig ay? Roll on Love Soul Ibiza and Grand Can coming later this year! Well done folks!

A massively busy time on the release front with the Philly Box Set out in 2 weeks yikes....note to self: I'd better get that Kenny Gamble interview edited-up this week. Also coming up - a double CD set of killer Gospel funk from Jewel records compiled by Dave Hill and Greg Belson, so watch out for "Holy Spirit" in 5 weeks.

And coming up on the show today? Some interesting new slants on some old records, some cracking new re-edits, some obscure killers from the 70's and the usual all-round trip around the last 40+ years of glorious Soul music. Hope you can join me!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 6th May 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Christian Hornbostel & Alfred Azzetto * Frank Boissy feat Michael Watford * Lou Rawls * Sharon Redd * Rhyze * West Phillips * Dooley Silverspoon & Jeanne Burton * Tony Clarke * Archie Bell & The Drells * The Five Stairsteps * Ruby Andrews * S.O.U.L. feat Larry Hancock * Wizdom * Darrow Fletcher * Ronnie Dyson * Marvin Gaye * O.C. Smith * Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr * Audio * Howard Johnson

I won't be here in 2 weeks as Copenhagen beckons myself and Paul Schofield for another cracking Uluvka Vodka party which means I'll be in no state to host a radio show because that would be highly unprofessional. So I'll try and figure it out with Al. We shall let you know.

Catch you @ 2.00pm today! Try and join the rest of the crowd in the Starpoint chatroom on the home page of the Starpoint website. Laters all......

Ian D X :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, 2 weeks in a row is a real rarity for me these days. However the patchy nature of my shows over the last couple of months means I'm making up for it now!

Besides it's Jubilee day on a long bank holiday weekend and this is a perfect way to gear up for the next 36 hours of partying!

We have the usual musical odyssey that carries us through the eras - everything from a couple of new releases, the best of the latest re-edits, some unbelievable slabs of incredible soul and the usual Sunday afternoon killers.

Come join the Sunday afternoon regulars us in the Starpoint chatroom on the home page of the Starpoint website!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 3rd June 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Barry White * Roy Ayers * The Sunburst Band * George Benson * Gregory Porter * Cameo * The Pasadenas * Armed Gang * Zalmac * The Four Tops * Jimmy Helms * Jr Walker & The All-Stars * Bobby Womack * Sister Sledge * Audio * Dorothy Norwood * Stanley Winston * The Delfonics * William DeVaughn * Dionne Warwick * Eugene Record

Also, for anyone in London this weekend, don't forget the Six Million Steps gig down @ East Village today with special guest Red Greg and the Six Million steps posse.

Catch you @ 2.00pm today!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

I'm drastically late with the playlists and links for my two shows, but finally I've had enough time this weekend to get 'em done. So here they are - many apologies for the delay!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 27th May 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

MFSB - Summertime And I'm Feeling Mellow

Oscar P & Marcus Pearson - Lovely Day - Opaque & Frankie C Big Soul Mix

JD73 - Think Twice Sean McCabe Remix

Dom Navarra feat Kat Kyrris - If You Knew - Reelsoul Vocal Mix

The Isley Brothers - Spill The Wine

Baiser - Summer Breeze

The Temptations - Warm Summer Nights - Sounds Of Soul Re-Touch

Breakwater - Say You Love Me Girl - The Jackal Re-Edit

Timmy Thomas - You're The Song I've Always Wanted To Sing - J*Ski's Extended Re-Edit

2nd Hour

James Brown - Sunny

Bobby Hebb - Sunny '76

Marvin Gaye - Sunny

Stevie Wonder - A Place In The Sun

Bill Withers - Harlem

East Coast Connection - Summer In The Parks

Audio - Won't Somebody

BPM Generation - Brotherly Love

Stevie Wonder - Summer Soft

War - Summer

Jesse Gomez - Lace

O.C. Smith - Together - Soulpersona Re-Edit

Donna Summer - State Of Independence

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/drupal/node/1635

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 3rd June 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

Barry White - You're Sweetness Is My Weakness - Womack Re-Work

Roy Ayers - Running Away - Ken@Work Remix

The Sunburst Band - In The Thick Of It

George Benson - Song For My Brother - J*Ski's KenLou 12" Re-Edit

Gregory Porter - On My Way To Harlem

Cameo - Candy J*Ski Extended Re-Edit

The Pasadenas - Tribute (Right On) - DeepandDisco Rework

Armed Gang - You

2nd Hour

The Four Tops - Walk Away Renee

Jimmy Helms - Romeo & Juliet

Jr Walker & The All-Stars - Walk In The Night

Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street

Sister Sledge - Love Don't You Go Through No Changes On Me

Audio - Won't Somebody

Stanley Winston - No More Ghettos In America

The Delfonics - Ready Of Not (Here I Come) - Apple Scruffs Re-Edit

William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got - Apple Scruffs Re-Edit

Dionne Warwick - Move Me No Mountain - Soulpersona Re-Edit

Eugene Record - Overdose Of Love - DJ Colourzone Extended Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/drupal/node/1641

Happy listening and see ya next week touch wood!

Social source share

Hey, I'm back for 3rd time in 4 weeks and looking forward to this one! Try and join me in the Starpoint chatroom along with the Sunday afternoon regulars for the usual odyssey through the eras. Some cracking stuff this week!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 17th June 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Stevie Wonder * Black Sun * Wipe The Needle feat C.T. Martin * Jennifer Hudson, Beyonce & Jaimie Foxx * Heaven & Earth * Rene & Angela * Glenn Jones * Bettye Swan * The Steve Karmen Big Band feat Jimmy Radcliffe * N.F. Porter * The Rance Allen Group * Jackie Beavers * The Ghetto Children * Al Mason * Sandra Wright * BPM Generation * The Controllers * Judy Clay & William Bell * The Real Thing * O.C. Smith * Des'Ree

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Show and download link from 2 weeks ago. I'm just so crap these days at posting! Apologies but playlist and download link right here folks!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 17th June 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

1st Hour

Stevie Wonder - For Your Love Nassau Re-Loved Remix

Black Sun - Spread Love

Wipe The Needle feat C.T. Martin - Count On Me

Jennifer Hudson, Beyonce & Jaimie Foxx - Family - Blaze Alternative Vox Mix

Heaven & Earth - I Really Love You - J*Ski Voc & Inst Re-Edit

Rene & Angela - I Love You More - Scratchnsniff Re-Rub

Glenn Jones - Meet Me Halfway There

Bettye Swan - When The Game Is Played On You - Apple Scruffs Re-Edit

2nd Hour

The Steve Karmen Big Band feat Jimmy Radcliffe - Breakaway

N.F. Porter - Keep On Keeping On

The Rance Allen Group - There's Gonna Be A Showdown

Jackie Beavers - Trying To Get Back To You - Sonny DJ Re-Edit

The Ghetto Children - Don't Take Your Sweet Loving Away - J*Ski Re-Edit

Al Mason - I Can't Go On Without You

Sandra Wright - I Keep Running Back

BPM Generation - Brotherly Love

The Controllers - Somebody's Gotta Win, Somebody's Gotta Lose

Judy Clay & William Bell - Private Number

The Real Thing - The Story Of My Life

O.C. Smith - Together - Soulpersona Re-Edit

Des'Ree - You Gotta Be

https://sixmillionsteps.com/drupal/node/1650

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

I'll be joined on the show today with my old sparring partner Alan Champ, so it'll be like old days with the usual inane banter and wonderful tunes to while away another summer Sunday afternoon in typical Original Mastercuts style. Hope you can join us LIVE from 2.00pm today.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 1st July 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Kenny Bobien * The Dizz & Azza feat Mmelashon * Gary's Gang * Fat Larry's Band * Willie Hutch * Norman Connors * Rhyze * Mousse T feat Borris Jennings * Maurice Williams * Carl Douglas * Dean Parrish * The Silhouettes * Clyde McPhatter * Millie Jackson * Joe Simon * Betty Moorer * The Chi-Lites * The Dramatics * Jean Shy * Sylvia * The Spinners * R. Kelly

See you @ 2.00pm hopefully.

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay folks!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 1st July 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Playlist and Download Link below.....

Featuring......

1st Hour

Kenny Bobien _ The Light - Jihad's Vox Mix

The Dizz & Azza feat Mmelashon - I Want You For Myself

Gary's Gang - Let's Lovedance Tonight Jacques Renault Remix

Fat Larry's Band - Looking For Love - Womack Rework

Willie Hutch - Brother's Gonna Work It Out - Victor Rosado Remix

Norman Connors - Stay With Me - Koko Re-Edit

Rhyze - Just How Sweet Is Your Love - Walker & Royce Touch

Mousse T feat Boris Jennings - Brother On The Run

2nd Hour

Maurice Williams - Being Without You

Carl Douglas - Serving A Sentence Of Life

Dean Parrish - Determination

The Silhouettes - Not Me Baby

Clyde McPhatter - Please Give Me One More Chance

Millie Jackson - A House For Sale

Joe Simon - Step By Step

Betty Moorer - Speed Up

The Dramatics - Dramatics Theme/Treat Me Like A Man

Jean Shy - We Got A Good Thing Going

Sylvia - Pillow Talk

The Spinners - Games People Play

R. Kelly - Lazy Sunday - Vespaman Re-Edit

https://www.originalmastercuts.com/node/188

Ian D X

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Rain, rain, rain, rain.......can anyone guess what the theme of the show is this week LOL? I've been out 3 times this week and got drenched every time. The worst was on Thursday for a cruise and barbeque down the Thames when I not only got drenched but also got Garlic poisoning! That was some journey home that night......

Still at least I haven't been at any rain-drenched festivals so far this year thank God! The good news is that my Olympics album is finished and ready to go just in time for when the games start in 10 days whilst I'll be in Turkey recovering. So check out "Inspired! Blood, Soul, Sweat & Cheers" packed full of goodies and out on the 23/7/12!

Meanwhile we have a radio show to do........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 15th July 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Eddie Kendricks * Intense feat Jazmina * Jo Boyer * Crown Heights Affair * Eddie Drennon & BBS Unlimited * GQ * Faith Evans * Madagascar * Marvin Gaye * The Chi-Lites * The Van Dykes * Lee Andrews & The Hearts * Jeanette Williams * Prophecy * Smoke * The Fantastic Johnny C * LTG Exchange * The Ohio Players * Barry White * Sylvia * Ray Parker Jr * The Real Thing * Billy Griffin

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm back after a short break in Turkey and predictably it's raining LOL. Not to worry though as the Olympics got under way with a bang and we seem to be doing OK in the medals tally and my "Inspired! Blood, Soul, Sweat & Cheers" album is selling well, so all is good.

Great new albums are out from the Sunburst Band and Ferry Ultra & the Homeless Funkers both of which are featured today as well as some tasty new re-edits and remixes and the usual trawl through the eras, so hope you can join me LIVE from 2.00pm today.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 15th July 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Thelma Houston * Ferry Ultra & The Homeless Funkers * The Sunburst Band * Wipe The Needle feat C.T. Martin * Alex Latimore * The Sunburst Band * The Valentine Brothers * Sly & The Family Stone * Wales Wallace * The Dramatics * Bits & Pieces * Kenny Smith * The Internationals * The Detroit Emeralds * Larry Saunders * Gene Redding * The Topics * Freddie Hughes * Love Unlimited * Ferry Ultra feat Sandra Phillips * Stevie Wonder * Latimore * James Hazlehurst * Leela James

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, many apologies for not posting up the playlist and downloads for the previous shows. It's been a hellishly busy time just lately and I'm usually knackered when I finish work so more typing is like doing homework on an evening. I will remedy this in the next couple of days which should bring us nicely up-to-date again.

As always in August, it's a busy time what with Vintage @ Wilderness last week, Soul At The Pavilion (with Snowboy) in Southend next week and the Preston Vintage Guild Weekend on the 1st September with Richard Searling, Colin Curtis, Mark Grice and the rest of the North West gang. And then Love Soul Ibiza at the end of the month. Phew!

As per usual, this week we have some cool new release, some incredible new re-edits, some Vintage Northern Soul, some fantastic retro releases, some mellow sleazers and the usual trawl through the eras with nothing but the best Soul Music I can find.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 19th August 2012 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

Michele McCain presents Marivent Soul * Cool Million feat Gary B. Poole * The Sunburst Band * Linda Clifford * Cerrone feat Jocelyn Brown * Garfield Fleming * Zalmac * Main Ingredient * Bobby Paris * The Velvet Satins * Al Wilson * The Casualeers * Lou Ragland * Kings Go Forth * The Fabulous Kays * Jesse James * Darrow Fletcher * Leon Ware * Larry Saunders * Audio * R. Kelly * David Ruffin

Ian D X

Social source share

• 6 months later...

OK, my first show back after an absence of 5 months due to moving home, crazy workload and other things. My heartfelt thanks go to Alan Champ who has maintained the show every week for the last 5 months and kept the brand going. Cheers Al. You’re a rock mate!

From this point forward I’ll be doing the last Sunday of every month. I wish it could be more but work demands are keeping me busy, so I now need 3 weeks to get a show together. It’s hard work!

But great work! On the show this week we’re highlighting some beautiful new remixes by John Morales, Ashley Beedle and 3 exclusives from the magnificent Mike Maurro. Add to that the usual Original Mastercuts selection of pure Soul killers and timeless classics and we have 2 hours of bliss. Hope you can join me! Plus rumour has it Alan and Carl and a couple of others will be down too, so it should be a full house!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 24th February 2013 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Frankie Knuckles & The Shapeshifters * James Lewis & Marc Evans * Teddy Pendergrass * Hamilton Affair * Roberta Flack * New Birth * Leon Ware * Avery Sunshine * Mandrill * Marvin Holmes & Justice * Terry Callier * S.O.U.L. ft Larry Hancock * Bettye Swann * Jim Gilstrap * Donny Hathaway * Willie Hutch * Tower Of Power * Barry White * Heaven N’ Hell * Marvin Gaye

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE hopefully!

Ian D X :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Wow, these once a month shows are coming round fast - doesn’t seem a minute since 4 weeks ago! But then again, things have been busy. A big shout out to all the peeps I saw @ Prestatyn 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I’ll be seeing a load more people again @ the Ritz reunion in Manchester next Bank Holiday Sunday. Can’t wait! Shout outs to my old muckers Paul Schofield and Ralph Tee who luckily managed to miss the end result of my garlic poisoning on Thursday. For anyone who at Lancaster Gate tube who witnessed my amazing 15 foot projectile vomit, I heartily apologise. Also big apologies to the woman I crashed into when I fell down the stairs @ the Alexander O’Neal gig on Friday. I have no idea how I managed to hit every step on the way down but I have the bruises to prove it was nasty. So I’m kinda beat up this week. Fingers crossed I avoid any more calamities on the way to the studio!

Busy week next week too, with the 6 brand new Backbeats albums AND the Philadelphia International Tom Moulton Remixes Vinyl Edition out this Monday. It suddenly feels like Spring again!

On the show this week, we have a whole heap of exclusives including some previews of several brand new Tom Moulton remixes from the forthcoming Philly Re-Grooved Vol 3 which is the best one yet and some brand new remixes from Opolopo, DJ Colourzone and Ashley Beedle to name a few. Plus of course the usual odyssey through the last 5 decades of glorious Soul music with some killer songs for a lazy Sunday afternoon. And it’s all LIVE! So tune in, join the chatroom and we’ll have our own ‘lil party over 2 wonderful hours.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 24th March 2013 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Mario Biondi & The High Five Quintet * Elements Of Life feat Josh Milan * Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway * Teddy Pendergrass * New York City * Sons Of Robin Stone * Bettye Swann * Gladys Knight & The Pips * Marie Knight * Porgy & The Monarchs * Freddy Chavez * Johnnie Taylor * Barbara St Clair * The Electrifying Cashmeres * Ila Vann * S.O.U.L. feat Larry Hancock * Randy Jackson * Aretha Franklin * The Isley Brothers * George Benson * The Spinners * Tavares feat Freda Payne

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE!  

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Very sad news. I just heard that Vincent Montana Jr passed away today, right as I was putting my show together. By co-incidence I was programming a whole heap of the new Tom Moulton Philly Re-Grooved Vol 3 remixes, virtually all of which featured Vincent, so he was running all through the show anyway. This news adds a lot of poignancy to today’s show, so we’ll be running a Vincent Montana Jr tribute throughout the whole show as a mark of respect to one of the greatest arrangers in dance music history. He could play mean vibes too! RIP Vincent. We love you.

On the show this week, we have a whole heap of exclusives including some previews of several brand new Tom Moulton remixes from the forthcoming Philly Re-Grooved Vol 3 which is the best one yet and, of course, the usual odyssey through the last 5 decades of glorious Soul music with some killer songs for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Obviously today’s show is gonna feature a lot of Philly OK!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 14th April 2013 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Ron Hall & The Motherfunkaz feat Marc Evans * Vincent Montana Jr & the Philly Sound Orchestra feat William Howard * Blue Magic * Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes * Gene Chandler * The Modulations * Universal Mind * Bettye Swann * The Philly Devotions * Fluorescent Smog * Cooking On 3 Burners * Gwen McRae * Ronnie Dyson * William DeVaughn * The Spinners * Fat Larry’s Band * The Salsoul Orchestra feat Loleatta Holloway

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE!  

Ian D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!