This Weeks Original Mastercuts On Starpoint With Ian Dewhirst

Ian Dewhirst

Yep, the sun will be out again today and I'll be stuck in the bloody studio having to listen to 2 hours of bloody music whilst slurping incessant cans of lager.........

Can't wait LOL!

Coming up today between 2.00-4.00pm LIVE on the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Show will be the following array of pure Soul talent.......

The Sigma Sound Orchestra * Tongue N' Cheek * DJ Kulbir feat Daniel Thomas * DJ Fudge presents the Cheli Project * Baiser * Sheila E * The Mary Jane Girls * Rick James * Val Young* Joyce Sims * The Fantastic Johnny C * The Philly Devotions * Eddie Kendricks * Vivian Reed * Smoke * Chairmen Of The Board * Gene Redding * The Lovelites * Heaven & Earth * Minnie Ripperton * The Isley Brothers * Sean Miranda * Zion Train * The Love Unlimited Orchestra/Mario

See you @ 2.00 for some HAPPY radio!

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 337
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Many thanks to all for listening and being such a lively audience! I ended up partying on in the studio for another couple of hours, got back, ate a roast and collapsed until I just woke up and hey presto the download link was ready!

Perfect timing.....

Well it was another beautiful Sunday afternoon @ Starpoint Towers so I did what any self respecting Soul fan does on hot lazy sunny afternoon - namely loaded up with beers and tunes and had a ball! Tried a few tricky mixes out in the 80's section too but I won't be trying that every week - too much co-ordination required when I should be slaking beers and relaxing LOL.....

So welcome to another rollicking two hours of musical highlights from the last 4 decades so heeeeeere's this week's soundtrack..........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 26th April 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

To download the show simply hit the link below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks plus loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles!

So let's go with this week's show:-

1st Hour

The Sigma Sound Orchestra - That's Where The Happy People Go - Piano Intro

Tongue N' Cheek - Tomorrow

DJ Kulbir feat Daniel Thomas - Once I've Been There

DJ Fudge presents the Cheli Project - Close To My People

Baiser - Summer Love

Sheila E - The Glamorous Life

The Mary Jane Girls - In My House

Rick James - Glow

Val Young - If You Should Ever Be Lonely

Joyce Sims - Come Into My Life

2nd Hour

The Fantastic Johnny C - Don't Depend On Me

The Philly Devotions - I Just Can't Say Goodbye

Eddie Kendricks - He's A Friend

Vivian Reed - Save Your Love For Me

Smoke - Sunshine, Roses & Rainbows

Gene Redding - Once A Fool

The Lovelites - I Love You (Yes I Do)

Heaven & Earth - Whole Lot Of Love

Minnie Ripperton - Here I Go

The Isley Brothers - Here I Go Again

Sean Miranda - Dig It

Zion Train - Rise

The Love Unlimited Orchestra/Mario - Let The Music Play/Let Me Love You - Atomix Mix

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...6-Starpoint.mp3

See y'all next week!

Best,

Ian D :thumbup:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Now tomorrow should be interesting LOL.....

There'll be a large contingent of regulars who will be badly hung-over from the excesses of a sunny bank holiday weekend and another contingent who will sleepwalk through the day in a kind of zombie-like state 'cos it's Sunday - the day of rest.....

So whether you're still hung-over, lazing around the house/garden doing bugger all or feeling exceptionally fragile laying on the sofa you may as well listen because I specialize in music for people who are in a fragile state........

Music to soothe weary Souls LOL!

Coming up tomorrow LIVE @ 2.00pm sharp.......

Kenny Bobien * Arnold Jarvis * Be Be Winans * Yolanda Adams * The Sylvers * Wynd Chymes * Skipworth & Turner * The Trammps * Change * Fat Larry's Band " The Moments * Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes feat Sharon Paige * Chairmen Of The Board * Spyder Turner * Vernon Burch * The Lovelites * The Dramatics * Debarge * Ray Parker Jr * Karyn White * The Rock Melons

My bank holiday starts with the show and then I'm bombing over to Caister for some Sunday/Monday action!

See you @ 2.00!

Ian D :D

Social source share

Phew, just got back from Caister and was just about to relax and slump on the sofa when I realised that I haven't posted the show yet! No rest for the wicked and boy, am I wicked LOL...

As per usual we kick off with 30 minutes of uptempo House delights, followed by 30 minutes of absolute gems from the 80's, 30 minutes of Modern/Crossover/General Soul from the 70's this week and finishing off with 30 minutes of pure Soul killers from various eras.

Sounds pretty good to these ears, so here's the evidence.........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 3rd May 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

To download the show simply hit the link below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks plus loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles!

1st Hour

Kenny Bobien - Let Me Show You - DJ Spen Mix

Arnold Jarvis - What Goes Around - Vincent Kwok Mix

Be Be Winans - That's A Friend - Quentin Harris Mix

Yolanda Adams - Open My Heart - Steve 'Silk' Hurley Mix

The Sylvers - Come Back Lover

Wynd Chymes - Festival

Skipworth & Turner - Street Parade

The Trammps - Shine A Light

Change - Let's Go Together

2nd Hour

The Moments - Nine Times

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes feat Sharon Paige - If You're Looking For Someone To Love

Chairmen Of The Board - The Bottom Line

Spyder Turner - I've Been Waiting

Vernon Burch - Give Love A Try

The Lovelites - You've Lost That Loving Feeling

The Dramatics - Dramatics Theme/Treat Me Like A Man

Debarge - I Like It

Ray Parker Jr - I Don't Think That Men Should Sleep Alone

Karyn White - Hungah

The Rock Melons - Love's Gonna Bring You Home

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-05-03-Starpoint.mp3

Special thanks to Gee Bello, Tosca, Reg Stickings, Pete Collins and the Caister Gang for making last night a fitting highlight to the day!

See y'all next week!

Best,

Ian D :lol:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Phew! Whatta week. I'm looking forward to slamming some tunes tomorrow so join me for the usual Sunday afternoon LIVE Original Mastercuts session with the usual romp through the various eras featuring........

Gabriel Rene feat J. Soul * Marc Evans * Norma Jean Bell * Shuffle Inc * Quincy Jones feat Patti Austin * Julia & Co * Koko Pop * Frankie Kelly * Fat Larry's Band * The Dramatics * Dynamic Five * Larry Saunders * Rosey Jones * The Modulations * Bobby Taylor * Solid Solution * Randy Jackson * Alicia Keys * Glenn Jones * 52nd Street * Dante * Oleta Adams

LIVE @ 2.00pm!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Back in the Summer groove this week with another 2 hours of intoxicating Soul delights from across the eras! A perfect soundtrack for a Sunny Sunday afternoon or anytime in fact!

As per usual we kick off with 30 minutes of uptempo House delights, followed by 30 minutes of absolute gems from the 80's, 30 minutes of Modern/Crossover/General Soul from the 70's this week and finishing off with 30 minutes of pure Soul killers from various eras.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 10th May 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Gabriel Rene feat J. Soul - Spirit

Marc Evans - The Way You Love Me - DJ Spen Remix

Norma Jean Bell - The Way You Love Me

Shuffle Inc - All I Do

Quincy Jones feat Patti Austin - Razzamatazz

Julia & Co - Breaking Down (Sugar Samba)

Koko Pop - I'm In Love With You

Frankie Kelly - Ain't That The Truth

Fat Larry's Band - Don't Let It Go To Your Head

2nd Hour

The Dramatics - I Can't Stand It

Dynamic Five - One Way Or The Other

Larry Saunders - On The Real Side

Rosey Jones - Have Love Will Travel

The Modulations - It's Rough Out Here

Bobby Taylor - Don't Be Afraid

Solid Solution - Don't Ask Me

Randy Jackson - How Can I Be Sure

Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You

Glenn Jones - Everlasting Love

52nd Street - Tell Me How It Feels

Dante - 7 Days

Oleta Adams - Never Knew Love

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-05-10-Starpoint.mp3

As per usual thanks to everyone for listening! You're what makes it all, worthwhile!

Also many thanks to Jeremy who was on technical duties this week! You're a star!

See y'all next week!

Best,

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Coming up tomorrow another regular Sunday afternoon dose of incredible Soul Music from across the eras on the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show LIVE @ 2.00pm.......

Should be a great warm-up for the Luxury Soul Weekender in Birmingham next weekend and the North Lancs Soul Festival in Morcambe the weekend after so get yourselves in the mood and tune in on www.starpointradio.com!

Coming up on this week's show.......

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr * Barbara St Clair * Phil Perry * Visions * Manhattan Transfer * Collage * Change * Armed Gang * The Trammps * The Miracles * The Temprees * Ronnie Walker * Millie Jackson * Maurice Jackson * Lee McDonald * Jeffree * Nina Simone * Dennis Lee & The Notables * Bobby Womack * Malik Pendleton * G.L.O. * Karl Frierson * Art N' Soul * April Hill

See you @ 2.00!

Social source share

Coming up tomorrow another regular Sunday afternoon dose of incredible Soul Music from across the eras on the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show LIVE @ 2.00pm.......

Should be a great warm-up for the Luxury Soul Weekender in Birmingham next weekend and the North Lancs Soul Festival in Morcambe the weekend after so get yourselves in the mood and tune in on www.starpointradio.com!

Coming up on this week's show.......

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr * Barbara St Clair * Phil Perry * Visions * Manhattan Transfer * Collage * Change * Armed Gang * The Trammps * The Miracles * The Temprees * Ronnie Walker * Millie Jackson * Maurice Jackson * Lee McDonald * Jeffree * Nina Simone * Dennis Lee & The Notables * Bobby Womack * Malik Pendleton * G.L.O. * Karl Frierson * Art N' Soul * April Hill

See you @ 2.00!

Coming up LIVE @ 2.00pm! www.starpointradio.com.

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

A nice retro feel to kick off the show this week and then we're into the usual trawl through the various eras touching on some vintage Disco, pumping House, smooth 80's, Oddballs and Oddities, Modern Soul, Crossover, Vintage Soul and some pure Soulful delights from the last few years. Something for everyone hopefully!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 17th May 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr - Shine On Silver Moon - Glen Rivera Mix

Barbara St Clair - Teacher Man - Atomix Re-Edit

DJ Genesis - Tonight

Phil Perry - Amazing Love

Visions - Coming Home - DT Mix

Manhattan Transfer - Spice Of Life

Collage - Romeo & Juliet

Change - Warm

Armed Gang - You

The Trammps - Shine A Light

2nd Hour

The Miracles - Overture

The Temprees - At Last

Ronnie Walker - Magic's In The Air

Millie Jackson - A House For Sale

Maurice Jackson - Lucky Fellow

Lee McDonald - We've Only Just Begun

Jeffree - Call On Me

Nina Simone - To Love Somebody

Bobby Womack - I Wish He Didn't Trust Me So Much

Malik Pendleton - You Remind Me

G.L.O. - Don't Take Me For Granted

Karl Frierson - Ten Minutes

Art N' Soul - Dog N' Me

April Hill - The Search

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...7-Starpoint.mp3

As per usual thanks to everyone for listening - Sunday afternoon's are always a gas!

Hopefully I'll catch some of you on the road over the next couple of weekends @ Birmingham and Morecambe!

Laters All........

Best,

Ian D :rolleyes:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

This week a very, very hung-over and knackered Ian D broadcasted LIVE for a beautiful Sunday afternoon session from the Luxury Soul Weekender @ Birmingham. Not pretty LOL....

There's a bit of a streaming issue on a couple of tracks but otherwise OK for an outside broadcast and definitely gets better the further you get in if you 'scuse the expression.........

Anyway, the sun was shining and everyone had the chance to sit on the terrace, soak up some Soulful Sunday afternoon killers and wonder if life could be any better as we do the usual Original Mastercuts trawl through the various eras touching on some pumping House, smooth 80's, Oddballs and Oddities, Modern Soul, Crossover, Vintage Soul and some pure Soulful delights from the last few years. Something for everyone hopefully!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst live from the Birmingham Hilton on Sunday 24th May 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Randy Crawford - All I Do

Satoshi Tomiie feat Arnold Jarvis - And I Loved You

Alex Latimore - Rush Hour

Ron Hall & The Muthafunkaz - The Way You Love Me - Tom Moulton Mix

Willie Hutch - Talk To Me

Gene Chandler - All About The Paper

Dolette McDonald - (Xtra) Special

The Manhattans - C'est La Vie

The Latest - Just Starting Over

Kaiya - What You Trying To Do

2nd Hour

Bobby Womack - Daylight

The Anvil Band - I'll Be True

Denise LaSalle - Here I Am Again

The Fabulous Kays - Is It Too Late

Terry Callier - Look At Me Now

Dave Love - Baby Hard Times

Bill Brandon - Whatever I Am (I'm Yours)

Five Special - The More I Get To Know You - Remix

Dennis Edwards & Janine Campisi - Don't Look Any Further

Tameka Starr - Going In Circles - L.T.J Soul Invention Remix

Tiffany Villareal - You, Yourself & You

Anne Nesby - I Can't Explain It

Love Unlimited Orchestra/Brownstone - Love's Theme/If You Love Me - Atomix Mix

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...4-Starpoint.mp3

Catch some of you in Morecambe this coming weekend!

Laters All........

Best,

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Well it wasn't exactly 2 weeks off. It was more like a none-stop marathon around the U.K, with me attempting to catch a bit of sleep in-between events and being booted out of hotels for 'unruly behaviour' LOL! So following 2 lectures in Bristol and Brighton, the Luxury Soul Weekender in Birmingham and the North Lancs Soul Festival in Morcambe I'm only just recovering! Note to self: must pace myself better in future!

But hey - what a 2 weeks for music! I'm fired up for the next year's worth of Original Mastercuts shows now. So much stuff to listen to as well......

So back in the saddle behind the wheels of steel again for the first time in 3 weeks folks and boy do we have a show for you coming up LIVE @ 2.00 pm this Sunday afternoon - Soulful KILLERS all the way folks.......

Ron Hall & The Motherfunkaz * Patti Austin & James Ingram * Tyrone Dixon feat John Davis* Dawn Tallman * Glenn Jones * Krystol * Raydio * Barbara Mason* Barry & Glodean White * Perry & Sanlin * LTG Exchange * Debbie Taylor * The Pioneers * Alice Clark * Ike Perkins * Jean Shy * Lee Garrett * Lowrell * Martine Girault * Barry White * Tiffany Villareal * Peace Of Mind

See you @ 2.00!

Ian D :thumbup:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Well it wasn't exactly 2 weeks off. It was more like a none-stop marathon around the U.K, with me attempting to catch a bit of sleep in-between events and being booted out of hotels for 'unruly behaviour' LOL! So following 2 lectures in Bristol and Brighton, the Luxury Soul Weekender in Birmingham and the North Lancs Soul Festival in Morcambe I'm only just recovering! Note to self: must pace myself better in future!

But hey - what a 2 weeks for music! I'm fired up for the next year's worth of Original Mastercuts shows now. So much stuff to listen to as well......

So back in the saddle behind the wheels of steel again for the first time in 3 weeks folks and boy do we have a show for you coming up LIVE @ 2.00 pm this Sunday afternoon - Soulful KILLERS all the way folks.......

Ron Hall & The Motherfunkaz * Patti Austin & James Ingram * Tyrone Dixon feat John Davis* Dawn Tallman * Glenn Jones * Krystol * Raydio * Barbara Mason* Barry & Glodean White * Perry & Sanlin * LTG Exchange * Debbie Taylor * The Pioneers * Alice Clark * Ike Perkins * Jean Shy * Lee Garrett * Lowrell * Martine Girault * Barry White * Tiffany Villareal * Peace Of Mind

See you @ 2.00!

Pace yourself come on Ian give yourself credit you jumped in our taxi on Sunday night / Monday morning at Morecambe back to digs after the end of a long and great weekender and you actually tipped up £3 smiling

keep doin it fella lookin forward to Sundays show

Dranny

Mirfield

Social source share

Pace yourself come on Ian give yourself credit you jumped in our taxi on Sunday night / Monday morning at Morecambe back to digs after the end of a long and great weekender and you actually tipped up £3 smiling

keep doin it fella lookin forward to Sundays show

Dranny

Mirfield

LOL, at least I had a place to kip LOL. Will play a tune for you and Ollie and thanks for the lift mate!

Social source share

LOL, at least I had a place to kip LOL. Will play a tune for you and Ollie and thanks for the lift mate!

cheers Ian

sorry mate missed most of the show had a stroll to the shops and ended up in the Navigation Tavern like you do , will listen to the rest on download though and well be back next week.

mellow mellow right on

Martyn

Social source share

cheers Ian

sorry mate missed most of the show had a stroll to the shops and ended up in the Navigation Tavern like you do , will listen to the rest on download though and well be back next week.

mellow mellow right on

Martyn

LOL, the Navi ay? Had many a decent night in there in the 70's LOL. I even had a fling with the landlady back in the day........

I gave you a shout around 3.15pm but we lost the stream so the download will be delayed slightly but should be up by Tuesday hopefully.....

Ian D :rolleyes:

Social source share

No download this week as we had a problem with the streaming this week dammit! Anyway here's what was played...........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 7th June 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Ron Hall & The Motherfunkaz - The Way You Love Me - Tom Moulton Mix

Patti Austin & James Ingram - Baby Come To Me - Jay J Remix

Tyrone Dixon feat John Davis - Bring It Back

Dawn Tallman - Who Can I Run To - Bam's Vocal Mix

Glenn Jones - Finesse

Krystol - After The Dance Is Through

Raydio - More Than One Way To Love A Woman

Barbara Mason - Don't It Ever Cross Your Mind Sometime

Barry & Glodean White - I Want You

Perry & Sanlin - Off & On Your Love

2nd Hour

LTG Exchange - Keep On Trying

Debbie Taylor - Just Don't Pay

The Pioneers - My Good Friend James

Alice Clark - Don't You Care

Ike Perkins - When The Bottom Falls Out

Jean Shy - What Can I Do, I'm So In Love

Lee Garrett - See The Love In Your Eyes

Lowrell - Mellow Mellow Right On

Martine Girault - Revival

Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You A Little Bit More Baby

Tiffany Villareal - You, Yourself & You

Peace Of Mind - Heaven In Your Eyes

As per usual thanks to everyone for listening - Sunday afternoon's are always a gas!

Laters All........

Best,

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Coming up between 2.00 - 4.00 pm on Sunday 14th June another sterling edition of the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show with Ian D playing across the eras and chit-chatting away ten to the dozen on everyone's favourite station www.starpointradio.com!

Featuring.....

DJ Meme Orchestra feat Rachel Claudio * The Collective Vs Peyton * Marquito * Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes * Rose Royce * Bobby Lovett * Delight * Stephanie Mills * Lenny White * Marvin Gaye * Barbara St Clair * The Jackson 5 * Main Ingredient * Evie Sands * Richard Popcorn Wylie * Friday, Saturday, Sunday * Sideshow * David Porter * Gary Glenn * Teena Marie * Koffee Brown feat B-12 * Jody Watley * The Max feat Xavier * Blacknuss * Lisa Shaw

See you @ 2.00pm sharp LOL.....

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

OK, no streaming problems this week thank God, so we have a full download on what we hope is a cracking show!

Some real killers on this week " check out the PHENOMENAL brand new version of Joe Smooth¢Å¾¢s ..."Promised Land plus a FANTASTIC remix of Harold Melvin¢Å¾¢s 1972 classic ..."Be For Real which kicks ass!

Also a big hello to Dara Lovett, who contacted the show because we played her brother¢Å¾¢s record a few months back, so here it is again Dara and R.I.P. Bobby.

Also featured a few tracks from the various CD swaps of the moment so thanks to Andy Bellwood, Heather Duff and Tony Ray for their input. More to come in the following weeks!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 14th June 2009 on everyone¢Å¾¢s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

DJ Meme Orchestra feat Rachel Claudio " Any Love " Dimitri From Paris Mix

The Collective Vs Peyton " Promised Land " DJ Meme Purple Club Mix

Marquito " Around Love " Original 12Â Mix

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes " Be For Real - Remix

Rose Royce " Still In Love

Bobby Lovett " All My Love

Delight " Is It Too Late

Stephanie Mills " You¢Å¾¢re Puttin¢Å¾¢ A Rush On Me

Lenny White " Didn¢Å¾¢t Know About Love ("¹í…"Til I Found You)

Marvin Gaye - Praise

2nd Hour

Barbara St Clair " Teacher Man

The Jackson 5 " I Wanna Be Where You Are

Bobby Walls & Company " Just You And Me

Main Ingredient " Work To Do

Evie Sands " One Thing On My Mind

Richard Popcorn Wylie " I Can Take The World On

Friday, Saturday, Sunday " It Must Be Something

David Porter " I Don¢Å¾¢t Know Why I Love You

Gary Glenn " Torch For You

Teena Marie " Ooh La La La

Koffee Brown feat B-12 " Weekend Thing

Jody Watley - Candlelight

Blacknuss " Roll With Me

Lisa Shaw - Honey

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...4-Starpoint.mp3

As per usual thanks to everyone for listening " Sunday afternoon¢Å¾¢s continue to be a gas and the best natured crowd in radioland so thanks a bunch to everyone!

Laters All¦¦..

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Only just got around to listening to last weekend's show, a few highlights for me

Marquito " Around Love " Original 12Â Mix.......nice to hear quality soul music is still being made

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes " Be For Real - Remix.......superb!!!

Rose Royce " Still In Love......still one of my faves smile.gif

David Porter " I Don¢Å¾¢t Know Why I Love You......haven't heard it in years, made me go & dig my David Porter albums out

Gary Glenn " Torch For You.....great, great, great

Thanks for the consistent quality music Mr D :thumbup:

Social source share

Only just got around to listening to last weekend's show, a few highlights for me

Marquito " Around Love " Original 12Â Mix.......nice to hear quality soul music is still being made

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes " Be For Real - Remix.......superb!!!

Rose Royce " Still In Love......still one of my faves smile.gif

David Porter " I Don¢Å¾¢t Know Why I Love You......haven't heard it in years, made me go & dig my David Porter albums out

Gary Glenn " Torch For You.....great, great, great

Thanks for the consistent quality music Mr D thumbup.gif

Always a pleasure mate! I know people like you are listening so have to keep on my toes LOL....

By the way, what's hits did you get @ you know where? I'm curious as to whether his stock's changed much since I was last there........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Hey, it's the middle of Summer and I'm in a suitably Summery mood, so this week there's a hint of good time Latino rhythms throughout the show to reflect the season! Ay Caramba!

Join me on the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show LIVE tomorrow afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm on www.starpointradio.com and get yourself in the mood for 2 hours of scintillating rhythms, magical mixes, monster 80's grooves, uplifting Soul and Modern Soul and a last half-hour to die for and go to paradise! Yep it's another Sunday afternoon trawl through the music we love like......

Victor Davies * Crystal Waters * DJ Fudge Presents Cheli Project * Norma Jean Bell * Alexander O'Neal * Rene & Angela * Kashif * Thelma Houston * Twilight 22 * Silk * Bobby Hebb * Stevie Wonder * Jobell & The Orchestra De Salsa * Ronnie McNeir * Marva Hicks * Bobby Patterson * Aaron Neville * Omar * TLC * Incognito * Earth, Wind & Fire & Kenny G * Vanessa Williams * Randy Crawford

So get those wine glasses out - it's time to kick back and lose yourselves in a musical fiesta throughout the eras amigos.....

See you @ 2.00pm!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

As promised a real Summery feel to show this week - lotsa Latino rhythms from beginning to end and straddling all the genres. Certainly sounds Summery to me LOL....

And for those who were out and about this week, don't forget the repeats are Monday afternoon 5.00-7.00pm, Wednesday early morning 5.00-7.00am and Friday 1.00-3.00am plus the download link is below and will obviously sit well on your I-Pods if it's Sunny this week!

A nice optimistic show this week folks, so enjoy!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 21st June 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Hour 1

Victor Davies - The Sound Of The Samba - MAW Mix

Crystal Waters - The Boy From Ipanema - MAW Mix

DJ Fudge Presents Cheli Project - Close To My People

Norma Jean Bell - I'm The Baddest Bitch

Alexander O'Neal - Fake

Rene & Angela - Save Your Love (For # 1)

Kashif - Stone Love

Thelma Houston - You Used To Hold Me So Tight

Twilight 22 - Mysterious

Silk - I Can't Stop (Turning You On)

Hour 2

Bobby Hebb - Sunny

Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing

Jobell & The Orchestra De Salsa - Never Gonna Let You Go

Ronnie McNeir - The Good Side Of Your Love

Marva Hicks - Looking Over My Shoulder

Bobby Patterson - I'm In Love With You

Aaron Neville - My Brother, My Brother

Omar - There's Nothing Like This

TLC - Waterfalls

Incognito - Still A Friend Of Mine

Earth, Wind & Fire & Kenny G - I Like The Way You Move

Vanessa Williams - The Real Thing

Randy Crawford - All I Do

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...1-Starpoint.mp3

Social source share

Another fine show Mr D, I'm glad its nice & sunny in the UK because its been raining for 40 days & 40 nights here, there's a bloke called Noah chopping trees down :)

Still the music has me in a summery mood, even if the weather doesn't. Too many highlights this week, but I've got to say I got Jobell on 7" when it came out and it still gets played, and of course Randy Crawford thumbup.gif

Speaking of you know where, he seems reluctant to let me into his 12" stash, don't know why, maybe he's sold a lot of them off.....but I have relieved him of a lot of 7's, including a nice copy of Jean Wells on Calla and Philly Devotions on Don De....actually flipping through the pile I picked up a lot of nice stuff....I'll be back there again soon :D Thanks again for the heads up

Social source share

Well there's gonna have to be some M.J. isn't there LOL? Wouldn't be right if I didn't include a few tunes would it?

So we'll dip in and out throughout the show I guess and try and get some of the real beauties instead of "Thriller" every two minutes!

It's been a bit of a struggle deciding what's in and what isn't and I can tell you I've brushed away a tear or two in the process. An amazing track record that's spans 4 decades deserves some respect doesn't it? So some beauties lined up throughout. Many thanks to all who have helped put this show together like, super quick! You know who you are!

Social source share

Well, it's certainly been one of those weird weeks and one that will be remembered for the rest of our lives for sure. I know it's virtually blanket coverage around the world and the full story is still emerging but we're going to concentrate on the positive aspects of Michael Jackson - his music.

Many thanks to JJ, Dave and the Six Million Steps crew for the fantastic work they've already put in on preserving some precious archive material and also Neil Thomson for services beyond the call of duty.

Chris Box will also be joining me in the studio for what will undoubtedly be a very poignant show this week which will dip in and out of Michael Jackson's incredible contribution to our lives for over 4 decades.........we're sure you'll get the gist.........

Michael Jackson * The Jackson 5 * Michael Jackson * Tortured Soul * Duke feat Roland Clark * The Jacksons * The Sylvers * Jermaine Jackson feat Michael Jackson * The Jacksons * The Trammps * Light Of The World * The Jackson 5 * The Jackson 5 * Luther Vandross * Aquarian Dream * George Kirby * Jean Shy * Corey Glover * Marvin Gaye * Michael Jackson * Michael Jackson * The Jacksons * Michael Jackson

See you @ 2.00pm.

Social source share

Well what a strange surreal weekend it's been. The events of the last 72 hours have really been the age of round-the-clock coverage of one of the biggest stars of the last 40 years, the brilliant Michael Jackson following his passing away on Thursday evening.

At the time of writing MJ is No.1 on the UK album chart again, but we thought we'd rather concentrate on the GREAT records he made, rather than the Pop successes which everyone else will play. So here it is folks our 'lil tribute to the best of MJ from the last 40 years. Hope you enjoy it......

Many thanks to JJ, Dave and the Six Million Steps crew for the fantastic work they've already put in on preserving some precious archive material and also Neil Thomson for services beyond the call of duty in helping put together this tribute show.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 28th June 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Hour 1

Michael Jackson Never Can Say Goodbye 6MS Acappella/Original Version

The Jackson 5 I Wanna Be Where You Are Original Version

Michael Jackson You Are Not Alone Frankie Knuckles Mix

Tortured Soul Home To You

Duke feat Roland Clark So In Love With You Atomix Re-Mix

The Jacksons Heartbreak Hotel Album Version

The Sylvers Come Back Lover

Jermaine Jackson feat Michael Jackson Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming

The Jacksons Baby Be Mine 6MS Version

The Trammps Shine A Light

Hour 2

The Jackson 5 Skywriter

The Jackson 5 Looking Through The Windows

Luther Vandross Follow My Love

Aquarian Dream Treat Me Like The One You Live

Corey Glover Little Girl

Marvin Gaye Abraham, Martin & John

Michael Jackson I Just Can't Stop Loving You

Michael Jackson I Can't Help It

SWV/Michael Jackson Right Here/Human Nature Demolition Mix

The Jacksons Show You The Way To Go 6MS Album Version

Michael Jackson We're Almost There 6MS DJ Spinna Remix

https://www.sixmillio...8-Starpoint.mp3

Normal service will be resumed next week. Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you @ The Independence Day Boogie All-Dayer on Saturday. Otherwise I'll be back @ 2.00pm next Sunday.

And happy birthday Paul Schofield! "Skywriter" was for you mate!

R.I.P. Michael.

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Well after last week's Michael Jackson tribute I guess we're finally getting back to some sense of normality (until the funeral on Tuesday that is), so the show is back on more familiar ground for this week's show.....

However, I will be fragile following the Independence Day Boogie All-Dayer (4th July), so to keep me on my toes I'm featuring a couple of shouts between 3.00-3.30pm for Carl Dixon and his recent excursion to Detroit featuring some of the first fruits of the tracks he recorded plus a look at the Soul Junction label with some of the excellent tracks they've recently put out.....

Plus there'll be the usual couple of exclusives here and there and the full 2 hours of Soulful gems across the different eras, so please feel free to join me this Sunday afternoon.....

Featuring the usual array of superlative talent.........

Bob Sinclar feat Michael Robinson & Ron Carroll * The Dreamgirls Cast * The Collective Vs Peyton * Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes * Gee Bello * Melba Moore * Armed Gang * Heatwave * Chaka Khan * Gigolo * Dennis Lee & The Notables * Spyder Turner * Bandtraxx * Pree * George Kirby * Natural Impulse * Audio * Duane Williams * Norman Connors * Blue Mink * Tomi Jenkins * Teddy Pendergrass * T.L.C. & Michael Jackson * Aaron Neville

Fun-packed and LIVE from 2.00pm Sunday afternoon - see ya later!

Social source share

Well, I boogied 'til the early hours, had a few hours sleep, woke up feeling like death, wolfed down a breakfast, scoured some of the Buckinghamshire countryside, hauled ass back into town, picked up Champy and then headed over to Starpoint Towers for another Sunday afternoon session.....

So one of the old type ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS shows this week folks with the usual cock-ups and stupefying conversations with the good Alan Champ who, if anything, has taken an even wider deviation from normality LOL.....

But above all, plenty of quality music this week with the results of Carl Dixon's Detroit sessions, a quick look at the excellent Soul Junction label and another very timely exclusive Neil Thompson mash up of Michael Jackson with TLC along with the usual trawl through 40 years of brilliant music.........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 5th July 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Hour 1

Bob Sinclar feat Michael Robinson & Ron Carroll - Tribute

The Dreamgirls Cast Family Blaze Remix

The Collective Vs Peyton Promised Land

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes Be For Real Remix

Gee Bello Summer Girl

Melba Moore with Lillo Thomas When You Love Me Like This

Armed Gang - You

Heatwave Find It In Your Heart

Chaka Khan Eye To Eye

Hour 2

Dennis Lee & The Notables Sunday Afternoon

Spyder Turner Tell Me (Crying Over You)

Bandtraxx Detroit (City By The River)

Pree Suddenly There's You

George Kirby What Can I Do

Natural Impulse She Went Away

Duane Williams Yes My Love Is Real

Blue Mink Stay With Me

Tomi Jenkins - Time

Teddy Pendergrass My People

T.L.C. & Michael Jackson We're Almost There/No Scrubs

Aaron Neville My Brother, My Brother

https://www.sixmillio...5-Starpoint.mp3

Next Saturday I'll be @ The Soul Purpose All-Dayer in Hinckley and then back to London on Sunday for another LIVE session from 2.00pm so catch ya same time next week.

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Well yet another busy weekend, this time up to Hinckley for the Chris Hill gig @ Soul Purpose which Starpoint are broadcasting LIVE from 10.00pm tonight incidentally so tune in!

So you can take it that it'll be yet another LIVE HANGOVER show from Starpoint Towers this Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm.

Whilst the presenter may be difficult to put up with, you can be guaranteed that the music will salve even the most persistent of hangovers LOL, so coming up this week will be another wonderful trawl through the eras featuring.......

The Temptations * The Mothafunkaz feat Sheila Ford & Biblical Jones * Soulfeenix feat Monday Michuri * Dance Culture feat Kenny Bobien * Dan Hartman * Gwen Guthrie * Unlimited Touch * Shot * Gigolo * Eddie Holman * Billy Paul * The Mighty Pope * Denise LaSalle * Marvin Gaye * Jean Shy * Al James & The New Rhythm Band * Michelle Wiley * The Rascals * Sheree Brown * John Simeone * Main Ingredient * Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes

Hope ya can join me @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

OK, better late than never as they say. The super-efficient Alan Champ was away last Sunday so naturally we had a technical glitch with the recording of the show.

Anyway we've finally played catch up, so here it is folks a mere few hours before the next one's due out LOL.....

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 12th July 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Hour 1

The Temptations I'm Here Remix

The Mothafunkaz feat Sheila Ford & Biblical Jones - Galaxy

Soulfeenix feat Monday Michuri Brazilian Love Affair

Dance Culture feat Kenny Bobien - Better

Dan Hartman The Love In Your Eyes

Gwen Guthrie Seventh Heaven

Unlimited Touch Searching To Find The One

Shot Main Thing

Gigolo Precious

Hour 2

Eddie Holman This Will Be A Night To Remember

Billy Paul The Whole Town's Talking

The Mighty Pope Can't Get By Without You

Marvin Gaye Where Are We Going

Jean Shy What Can I Say, I'm So In Love

Al James & The New Rhythm Band Give Me Up Turn Me Loose

Michelle Wiley I Feel So At Home Here

The Rascals Groovin'

Sheree Brown It's A Pleasure

John Simeone Who Do You Love

Main Ingredient Won't Let You Do That To Me

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes Is There A Place For Me

https://www.sixmillio...2-Starpoint.mp3

Hope ya can join myself and special guest Alan Champ for another Sunday afternoon session this Sunday from 2.00pm-4.00pm LIVE!

Laters......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Following the travails of the last 2 weeks on the road it was great to stay local and settle down to a regular ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS session this week far less exhausting even though the good Alan Champ joined me at the studio this week fresh from his hols.

Please note how early the download has gone up this week! Last week's show is also available further back in the thread for anyone who wondered where last week's show had gone! So we're fully up to date again!

I'll be up North next week and Alan will be steering the show, so please give him a lovely welcome back!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst & Alan Champ on Sunday 19th July 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Hardsoul feat Ron Carroll Back Together

The Temptations Papa Was A Rolling Stone DJ Jazzy Jeff & Pete Kuzma Remix

Michael Jackson I Can't Help It Todd Terje Rekutt

Titus Don't Worry About Me

Jimmy & Vella Cameron Be Fair To Me

Switch Keeping Secrets

The Affair feat Alyson Williams Please Don't Break My Heart

Bernard Wright Who Do You Love

2nd Hour

Kenny Smith Lord What's Happening To Your People

Johnny Baker Shy Guy

Eddie Horan The Up & Downs Of a Love Affair

The Charisma Band Ain't Nothing Like Your Love

David Morris Getting Together

Charles Mann It's All Over

Cookin' On 3 Burners This Girl

Songi Clay I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face

Seal - Free

Zion Train - Rise

Bryan Powell - Natural

Tiffany Villareal You, Yourself & You

Love Unlimited Orchestra feat Mario Let The Music Play Mario Atomix Remix

https://www.sixmillio...9-Starpoint.mp3

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Laters all..

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Well I ventured up North again last week and sampled the delights of Todmorden, Hebden Bridge, Leeds and Scarborough and generally had a great time....but it's good to be back behind the saddle again for this week's show....

....and we're back with our usual trawl through the different eras from some buzzing Soulful House and interesting uptempo stuff into some love rare beauties from the 80's (plus an another chance to hear the brilliant Love Unlimited Orchestra/Kanye West mash-up which is finally taking off), some wonderful vintage Older Soul and some Modern beauties and a handful of new Smooth Grooves and all round killers to close-up another 2 hour marathon!

So what do we have coming up this week?

The Groove Junkies feat Diane Carter * Panevino feat Charles Dockins * Gabriel Rene feat J. Soul * Lee McDonald * Love Unlimited Orchestra feat Kanye West * Sunfire * Raven * Leonard Lidell * Gift Of Dreams * The Isley Brothers * Willie Tee * Jr Walker & The All-Stars * Chairmen Of The Board * Masterpiece * Spanky Wilson * Popcorn Wylie * Makeda * Will Downing * Lenora Jaye * Ralph Tresvant * SWV

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE this Sunday Afternoon on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Laters all....

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Back behind the wheels of steel again after a short sojourn up North and enjoyed the show immensely this week despite the fact that I can't walk, sit or lay without intense discomfort! I managed to badly injure myself last week whilst in a shower (don't ask) so consequently this week's show was delivered through a veneer of pain which only the music could soothe LOL.........

But, hey! I left on a high so all good! I think it was the sheer beauty of the WONDERFUL Leonard Liddell track that gave me a boost mid show and the rest was just pure gravy as they say.......

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 2nd August 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com

Hour 1

The Groove Junkies feat Diane Carter - Dr Feelgood - DJ Meme Philly Mix

Panevino feat Charles Dockins - The Best Of Me - DJ Meme Philly Mix

Gabriel Rene feat J. Soul - Spirit - Guy Robin Classic Vocal Mix

Lee McDonald - I'll Do Anything For You - Red Astaire Philly Mix

Love Unlimited Orchestra feat Kanye West - Welcome Aboard The Love Lockdown - Atomix Mix

Sunfire - Step Into The Light

Raven - So In Love

Leonard Lidell - Keep It Secret

Gift Of Dreams - Feel It

Hour 2

The Isley Brothers - Who's That Lady (1964 Version)

Willie Tee - Thank You John

Jr Walker & The All-Stars - Way Back Home Inst & Vocal

Chairmen Of The Board - Bless You

Masterpiece - Thank You For The Love

Spanky Wilson - Easy Lover

Popcorn Wylie - I Can Take The World On

Makeda - Free

Will Downing - Something Special

Jermaine Jackson - You Like Me Don't You

Lenora Jaye - Living For Today

Ralph Tresvant - Sensitivity

El DeBarge - Heart, Mind & Soul

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-08-02-Starpoint.mp3

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE next Sunday Afternoon on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Laters all........

Social source share

Hey, the sun's out again, so get it the garden, soak up some rays, kick back and relax this afternoon! Chill that wine and put the beers on ice and treat yourselves to 2 hours of a show which straddles the eras and filters the dross. Yep, it's another glorious Sunday afternoon and that means the grooves will be flowing in style.........

Featuring this week.....

280 West feat Diamond Temple with Ray, Goodman & Brown * Vanessa Williams * Hardsoul feat Ron Carroll * Will Downing * Tafuri * Kariya * Touch * The Joubert Singers * Jackie Wilson & Erma Franklin * Ila Vann * Anthony White * Universal Mind * Step By Step * Wee * Brenda Holloway * Heaven & Earth * Millie Jackson * The Isley Brothers * The Real Thing * Janette Renee * The Max feat Xavier * Main Ingredient

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 9th August 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

See you @ 2.00pm!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Well, better late than never. Sorry for the delay folks but here's the download at last!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst Sunday 9th August 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Hour 1

280 West feat Diamond Temple with Ray, Goodman & Brown I Never Knew

Vanessa Williams The Real Thing Maurice Joshua Nu Soul Mix

Hardsoul feat Ron Carroll Back Together

Will Downing A Love Supreme

Tafuri What Am I Gonna Do About Your Love

Kariya Let Me Love You Tonight

Touch Without You

The Joubert Singers Stand On The Word

Hour 2

Jackie Wilson & Erma Franklin I Get The Sweetest Feeling

Ila Vann You Made Me This Way

Anthony White Hey Baby

Universal Mind Reach Out For Me

Step By Step So Very Near You

Wee Try Me

Brenda Holloway Home Is Where The Hatred Is

Heaven & Earth Whole Lot Of Love

Millie Jackson Summer (The First Time)

The Isley Brothers Summer Breeze

The Real Thing Raining Through My Sunshine

Janette Renee What's On Your Mind

The Max feat Xavier - Incredible

Main Ingredient Won't Let You Do That To Me

https://www.sixmillio...9-Starpoint.mp3

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE next Sunday Afternoon!

Will be announcing some changes to the show coming up from September!

Ian D smile.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Note to everyone:

I'm pleased to announce that Alan Champ is coming back aboard the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show from the beginning of September onwards.

We'll be pretty much doing alternative weeks when we can't do the show together due to increased weekly obligations for the daytime jobs (or job to be in my case). I've just landed a new job which will reduce my ability to put the show together on a weekly basis, so I've opted for 2 shows per month which should be do-able and will hopefully keep the standards up.

So just 2 more consecutive Ian Dewhirst ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS shows from me (the 16th and the 23rd) and then Al and I will be broadcasting live from the Chertsey All-Dayer on the 30th which will a lovely way to start the new season!

Many thanks for everyone for such a wonderful 12 months and 50 shows of unbridled passion every Sunday afternoon! I LOVE this show and I LOVE this station!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Well, only another couple of weeks left of me doing a weekly show before Alan and I co-host from the 30th August at the Chertsey All-Dayer. From September onwards we'll be splitting the Sunday duties between us due to our respective workloads outside of radio.

Next week's show is highly likely to feature all my favourite Original Mastercuts tracks over the last 12 months of being solo, so I've pulled out the stops on this week's show which is an absolute belter!

So coming up LIVE at 2.00-4.00pm today on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com is a GREAT ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Sunday afternoon session featuring a veritable feast of Soulful gems from all eras.

The Collective Vs Peyton * DJ Kulbir feat Daniel Thomas * A.G. Thomas * DJ Asparagus Vs Wipe The Needle * Paprika Soul * Major Harris * Yasuko Agawa * J.W. McGhee * Magic Lady * Eleanor Goodman * Mosely & Johnson * Johnny Johnson & The Bandwagon * Friends Of Distinction * Tony Stone * The Brothers * Gail Eason * Double Exposure * The O'Jays * Sharon MacMahan * Bobby Reed * Sandra Wright * Frank McComb * The Brand New Heavies * Jamariah * George Benson * Thelma Houston

Try and join me this week as it'll be a PERFECT Sunday afternoon and you're gonna need a soundtrack!

Ian D :smile:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Well, the 2nd to last solo show for me before Alan and I split the show from September onwards. Next week's ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show will be me playing all my faves from the last 12 months and then Al & I will be presenting the show LIVE from the Swansong All-Dayer in Chertsey on the 30th August.

This week's show is a belter and we've managed to get the download thing back on track again, so for those of you who missed it by wanting to watch Man U trounce the opposition, then here it is! Something for everyone with the usual odyssey through the different eras........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst Sunday 16th August 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station https://www.sixmillio...6-Starpoint.mp3

Try and join me for next week's best of the last 12 months. Pure self indulgence but it should round things off nicely!

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE next Sunday Afternoon!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Whew. One year's worth of solo weekly ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS shows hits the final straight today folks. Next week Al and I will co-present the show LIVE from the Chertsey All-Dayer and from then on we'll be sharing the honours.

So no excuses for this week's show. I'm playing some of my faves from the last 12 months of shows so should be fun!

Featuring.......

The Sigma Sound Orchestra * The Originals * Randy Crawford * DJ Fudge feat the Cheli Project * Barbara St Clair * Passage * Leonard Lidell * Armed Gang * Stan The Man * Spank * The Trammps * Clyde McPhatter * Edward Hamilton & The Arabians * The Isley Brothers * Frank Beverly & The Butlers * The Casanova Two * Rock Candy * The Montclairs * Spyder Turner * Gene Redding * Lee Garrett * Collins & Collins * Tiffany Villareal * Ivan Neville * Mark Cappani * Johnny Taylor

Join me LIVE @ 2.00pm on www.starpointradio.com and let the party begin!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Well folks, this nicely ends a years worth of weekly solo ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show for yours truly. From next week Alan Champ and myself will be broadcasting the show LIVE from Swansong 4 in Chertsey and from September onwards we'll both be sharing the honours every Sunday afternoon.

So lots of my faves from the last 12 months in the various categories on the last of the weekly solo shows, so for those who missed the live show, then please enjoy the download!

Many thanks to all for listening! The Sunday afternoon crowd is the best audience out there! Love to all!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst Sunday 23rd August 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Hour 1

The Sigma Sound Orchestra That's Where The Happy People Go Piano Interlude

The Originals Down To Love Town Dimitri From Paris Remix

Randy Crawford All I Do

DJ Fudge feat the Cheli Project Close To My People

Barbara St Clair Teacher Man Atomix Re-Edit

Passage I See The Light

Leonard Lidell Keep It Secret

Armed Gang - You

Stan The Man Breath Of Fresh Air

Spank Oh Baby

The Trammps Shine A Light

Hour 2

Clyde McPhatter Please Give Me One More Chance

Edward Hamilton & The Arabians Baby Don't You Weep

The Isley Brothers My Love Is Your Love (Forever)

Frank Beverly & The Butlers If That's What You Wanted

The Casanova Two We Got To Keep On

Rock Candy Alone With No Love

The Montclairs Hung Up On Your Love

Spyder Turner I've Been Waiting

Gene Redding Once A Fool

Lee Garrett See The Love In Your Eyes

Collins & Collins You Know How To Make Me Feel Good

Tiffany Villareal You, Yourself & You

Ivan Neville My Brother, My Brother

Mark Cappani I Believe In Miracles

Johnny Taylor What About Me Love

https://www.sixmillio...3-Starpoint.mp3

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE from Swansong 4 in Chertsey next Sunday Afternoon and then see the Essex crowd over @ Ashwell's Country Club next Sunday evening! Gonna be a monster weekend!

Ian D smile.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Hiya Folks,

Tomorrow the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show will be coming LIVE from the Swansong 4 All-Dayer in Chertsey with the original team of myself and Alan Champ.

It'll be live and spontaneous so who knows what we'll play but look forward to you joining us for a rip-roaring end to the month!

Don't forget from September onwards, Al and myself will be sharing the honours every alternative Sunday!

See you @ 2.00pm!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Phew, almost 3 weeks since I last compiled a show what with the Chertsey All-Dayer live and then Al's GREAT show last week.

But I haven't been idle. New job and new inspiration so I'm knackered but happy if you see what I mean. And to reflect my current well-being we have a great line-up tomorrow......

The Nightwriters * M.A.W. feat Patti Austin * Nathan Haines feat Shelley * Dance Culture feat Kenny Bobien * The Crue-L Grand Orchestra * Sound Troupe * Barbara Fowler * Desi * Ron Banks * Mike & Brenda Sutton * Double Exposure * The Trammps * Executive Suite * The Philly Devotions * The Fabulous Keys * G.C. Cameron * Garland Green * J.W. McGee * Steely Dan * Prominent * Magic Lady * Jamariah * Keisha Cole

Hope you can join me LIVE from 2.00pm on everyone's favorite Soul Station - www.starpointradio.com!

Laters all!

Ian D :P

Social source share

Well the first time back in the studio for a few weeks and it felt great! As always it's always a gas when there's such a great crowd tuned in! Thanks to all.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst Sunday 13th September 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Hour 1

The Nightwriters Let The Music (Use You)

M.A.W. feat Patti Austin Like A Butterfly (You Send Me)

Nathan Haines feat Shelley - Believe

Dance Culture feat Kenny Bobien - Better

The Crue-L Grand Orchestra Time & Days

Sound Troupe Can You Really See Me

Barbara Fowler Come And Get My Loving

Desi I Want To Be With You

Ron Banks This Love Is Real

Mike & Brenda Sutton All Worth Loving For

Hour 2

Double Exposure Soul Recession

The Trammps Where Do We Go From Here

Executive Suite When The Fuel Runs Out

The Philly Devotions I Just Can't Say Goodbye

The Fabulous Keys It's Too Late

G.C. Cameron Live For Love

Garland Green Girl I Love You

J.W. McGee You Bring Out The Best In Me

Steely Dan - Aja

Prominent Step Into My World

Magic Lady Yes I'm Ready

Jamariah Let's Turn The Lights Down

Keisha Cole - Never

https://www.sixmillio...3-Starpoint.mp3

Al's back next week so I'll be back in a couple of weeks! See ya then!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Blimey, it's been a while folks.

I've been mega busy with a new job and I seem to be blasting up North every weekend so haven't had a chance to get in the studio for a while. In fact, this week's show was touch and go 'cos I was in Hull last night and nearly went to Prestatyn but duty demanded that I get back to London and get a show together - hiya Carl and co broadcasting from Prestatyn NOW!

Look at that. All ends covered!

So naturally I have a FANTASTIC show lined-up this week folks. There's my pick of some cracking tunes over the last few weeks including 5 brand new Original Mastercuts plays in the first half-hour alone plus, for the first time ever on radio and an Original Mastercuts show exclusive - we have 4 cuts from the unreleased Change album from 1990 which has been in the vaults for the last 19 years - 3 tracks between 2.30 and 3.00pm and the show closer @ 3.55pm! Naturally the tracks are brilliant so don't say I didn't warn ya..........

So coming up this week........

Black Disco * George Alexander & Big John Whitfield * Mario Biondi & The S.O.S. Band * Al Green * Ferry Ultra feat Gwen McCrae * Sister Sledge * Change * Meli'sa Morgan * Change * Mike & Brenda Sutton * Change * Chairmen Of The Board * Barbara Acklin * Tyrone Davis * Rozetta Johnson * Billy Paul * The O'Jays * Neo Experience * Johnathan Jeremiah * The Sons Of Champlin * Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes featuring Sharon Paige * Dee Dee Sharp Gamble * Ronnie Laws feat Randy Crawford * Alton McClain & Johnny Bristol * Change

So tune in folks - gonna be a good one methinks! And those Change tunes are ROCKIN'!

2.00pm-4.00pm LIVE from Starpoint Towers!

Look forward to making your acquaintance again!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!