This Weeks Original Mastercuts On Starpoint With Ian Dewhirst

Ian Dewhirst

Wow, what a blast this week. A whole bundle of great new tunes plus 4 worldwide exclusives on that unreleased Change album from 1990 as well as some totally sublime tunes throughout.

Those of you who were at Prestatyn or were otherwise engaged then you're in for a treat - here's the download link.........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 11th October 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

To download the show simply hit the link below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks plus loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles!

So let's go with this week's show:-

1st Hour

Black Disco Real Good Time

George Alexander & Big John Whitfield The Promised Land

Mario Biondi & The S.O.S. Band This Is The Finest Neil Thompson Remix

Ferry Ultra feat Gwen McCrae Let Me Do My Thing

Al Green Everything Is OK Ashley Beedle Love Boogie Re-Edit

Sister Sledge You Fooled Me

Change Happy Ending Original Mastercuts Exclusive

Change Things We Do For Love Original Mastercuts Exclusive

Mike & Brenda Sutton All Worth Loving For

Change Say What You Wanna Say Original Mastercuts Exclusive

2nd Hour

Chairmen Of The Board Everything's Tuesday

Barbara Acklin Love Makes A Woman

Tyrone Davis I'll Be Right Here

Rozetta Johnson Mine Was Real

Billy Paul The Whole Town's Talking

The O'Jays This Time Baby

Neo Experience - Human

Johnathan Jeremiah What's A Guy To Do

The Sons Of Champlin Here Is Where Your Love Belongs

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes featuring Sharon Paige You Know How To Make Me Feel So Good

Dee Dee Sharp Gamble Just As Long As I Know You're Mine

Ronnie Laws feat Randy Crawford Show Me

Alton McClain & Johnny Bristol Hang On In There Baby

Change Friends Original Mastercuts Exclusive

https://www.sixmillio...drupal/node/997

And if you happen to be up North over the next two weekends then you can catch me at:

Sat 17th October - Seductive Soul with Jim Hargreaves and Chris Priestley @ The Cheshire Lounge, Manchester www.seductivesoul.com

Saturday 24th October Original Funkstas with Paul Schofield and Funkmaster Hutchy @ The Loft, Leeds www.loftleeds.com

Catch yer soon folks!

Ian D smile.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 337
  • Views 40.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi All,

Unfortunately due to my father being in hospital up in Leeds plus a gig tonight @ The Loft in Leeds I won't be around LIVE tomorrow. Many apologies to all - things will settle down from now on hopefully.

But another chance for everyone to hear those unreleased Change tracks plus some absolute killers from beginning to end so tune in anyway as this show's a good un!

1st Hour

Black Disco - Real Good Time

George Alexander & Big John Whitfield - The Promised Land

Mario Biondi & The S.O.S. Band - This Is The Finest - Neil Thompson Remix

Ferry Ultra feat Gwen McCrae - Let Me Do My Thing

Al Green - Everything Is OK - Ashley Beedle Love Boogie Re-Edit

Sister Sledge - You Fooled Me

Change - Happy Ending - Original Mastercuts Exclusive

Change - Things We Do For Love - Original Mastercuts Exclusive

Mike & Brenda Sutton - All Worth Loving For

Change - Say What You Wanna Say - Original Mastercuts Exclusive

2nd Hour

Chairmen Of The Board - Everything's Tuesday

Barbara Acklin - Love Makes A Woman

Tyrone Davis - I'll Be Right Here

Rozetta Johnson - Mine Was Real

Billy Paul - The Whole Town's Talking

The O'Jays - This Time Baby

Neo Experience - Human

Johnathan Jeremiah - What's A Guy To Do

The Sons Of Champlin - Here Is Where Your Love Belongs

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes featuring Sharon Paige - You Know How To Make Me Feel So Good

Dee Dee Sharp Gamble - Just As Long As I Know You're Mine

Ronnie Laws feat Randy Crawford - Show Me

Alton McClain & Johnny Bristol - Hang On In There Baby

Change - Friends - Original Mastercuts Exclusive

I'll catch you LIVE in 2 weeks!

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey, it's been WEEKS since I last did a live show so many apologies for my absence. I've just gone through a heavy few weeks with family illnesses, lotsa new responsibilities and a shedload of gigs so I've had a bit on my plate........

Anyway, I'm back behind the decks LIVE this Sunday afternoon with the usual eclectic feast of great music from across the eras - we have some wonderful slices of uplifting Soul this week 'cos I need to get my energy levels zapped back up again!

There's a rumour that Mr Champ may well be dropping by as well (following our Friday night stint performing our civic duty with fellow Starpoint jock Paul Lydon) so should be the usual high jinks and scuttlebutt........

Anyway, it'll be good to catch up with everyone again so if you get a chance then please tune in @ 2.00pm for 2 hours of killers from........

Whitney Houston * Nicci * The Rhythm Slaves feat Joseph * Eddie Kendricks * Slave * Switch featuring the S.O.S. Band * Jermaine Jackson * Sister Sledge * Change * Walters & Sisters * Africano * Spanky Wilson * N.F. Porter * Stanley Mitchell * The Casanova Two * The Dynamics * Oscar Perry * Neo Experience * Teddy Pendergrass * The Jones Girls feat Ashanti * Jestofunk * Janice James * Al Green

See ya tomorrow @ 2.00pm sharp on www.starpointradio.com!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Wow, what a lovely show and so great to be back behind the console after a stressful few weeks.

Massive and heartfelt thanks to everyone who tuned in live on Sunday afternoon – the Original Mastercuts community really made my day this week and thanks so much to everyone for their support and kind words. It really felt like a regular Sunday afternoon party this week and lifted my spirits considerably. Thanks to all!

And for those who couldn't tune in live then here is the download folks – choc full of goodies from all eras so welcome to the warm, cosy bosom of this weeks Original Mastercuts show.....

Mmmm....I appear to have a breast fixation again.....I must be getting back to normal.....

1st Hour

Whitney Houston – Million Dollar Bill – Frankie Knuckles Remix

Nicci – When You're Free – Blaze Vocal Mix

The Rhythm Slaves feat Joseph – Someday (Badibaba)

Eddie Kendricks – Keep On Truckin' – Play Boys Fully Loaded Remix

Slave – Just A Touch Of Love – MAW Remix

Switch featuring the S.O.S. Band – Borrowed Secrets – Neil Thompson Remix

Jermaine Jackson – I'm Just Too Shy

Sister Sledge – Easy Street

Change – Friends – Original Mastercuts Exclusive

2nd Hour

Walters & Sisters – How Long

Africano – Satisfactorize Your Mind

Spanky Wilson – Easy Lover

N.F. Porter – Keep On Keeping On

Stanley Mitchell – Get It Baby

The Casanova Two – We Got To Keep On

The Dynamics – Yes I Love You Baby

Oscar Perry – I Got What You Need

Neo Experience – Human – Original Mastercuts Exclusive Remix

Teddy Pendergrass – The Whole Town's Laughing At Me

The Jones Girls feat Ashanti – This Unfoolish Feeling – Neil Thompson Remix

Jestofunk – For Your Precious Love

Janice James – Set Your Sights

Al Green – Everything Is OK – Ashley Beedle Love Boogie Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillio...8-Starpoint.mp3

Al is up again next week and then I'm back a week on Sunday so catch ya then!

Love to all.....

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

My bi-monthly Sunday afternoon fix is coming up again tomorrow. As per usual I'll be zinging through the eras with a very Philly-centric first half-hour of zippy anthems including a first-play killer remix of a classic, then a cruise through some sophisticated and under-rated 80's gems, then a touch of Northern, Modern and just great Soul music before the last half-hour of gut-wrenchingly brilliant slowies and feel-good anthems. This week's show is packed with familiar names (but not always the obvious tunes) so hopefully a good one coming up!

All in all, another Sunday afternoon party looms and it'll be a gas if we have a roomful of regulars again!

Hope you can join me Sunday afternoon 2.00-4.00 pm on the Original Mastercuts show on www.starpointradio.com

Coming up on this week's show............

Janet Jackson * Black Disco * Panevino feat Charles Dockins * Jazztronik * World Premier * Wanda Walden * Fonzi Thornton * Sister Sledge * The System * Freddy Jackson & Ednah Holt * Teddy Pendergrass * Diana Ross & Marvin Gaye * Barbara Acklin * Garnett Mimms * Dusty Springfield * Otis Leavill * Strutt * The Promises * Bunny Sigler * Gloria Scott * Marvin Gaye * Isaac Hayes & Dionne Warwick * Aretha Franklin * Al Green * Zion Train * Sharon Ridley

Catch you @ 2.00!

Best,

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

A lovely crowd once again this week and such a friendly vibe with everyone – it's a real pleasure to play for such an appreciative audience so thanks to everyone for tuning in!

Having said that, it was gremlin city this week where everything which could go wrong, did in fact go wrong LOL. The good Alan Champ has fixed the beginning of the show but you won't hear my dulcet tones until about 20 minutes in (some people may see that as an advantage) but we managed to keep the music intact so thank heaven for small mercies!

Anyway, here we go – the download link is after the playlist.......

1st Hour

The Sigma Sound Orchestra – That's Where The Happy People Go – Piano Intro

Janet Jackson – Together Again – Tony Humphries Mix

Black Disco – Real Good Time

Panevino feat Charles Dockins – The Best Of Me – DJ Meme Mix

Jazztronik – Real Clothes

World Premier – Share The Night - Remix

Wanda Walden – Don't You Want My Loving

Fonzi Thornton – I Work For A Living

Sister Sledge – You Fooled Me

The System – This Is For You

Freddy Jackson & Ednah Holt – Ain't Got Time

Teddy Pendergrass – You And Me Right Now

2nd Hour

Marvin Gaye & Diana Ross – My Mistake (Was To Love You)

Barbara Acklin – To Sir With Love

Garnett Mimms – Looking For You

Dusty Springfield – What's It Gonna Be

Otis Leavill – I Love You

The Promises – (I Can Feel Those Vibrations) This Love Is Real

Bunny Sigler – Can't Believe You Love Me

Gloria Scott – Just As Long As We're Together – Unlimited Remix

Strutt – Say You Didn't Love Him

Marvin Gaye – Distant Lover (Live)

Isaac Hayes & Dionne Warwick – Can't Hide Love (Live)

Aretha Franklin feat Marvin Gaye – One Step Ahead – Featurecast Re-Edit

Al Green – I'm Still In Love With You

Zion Train - Rise

Sharon Ridley – Changin' – Larry Sanders Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillio...2-Starpoint.mp3

Al is on next week and I'll catch you again on Sunday 6th December!

Love to all.

Best,

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Guest Alan Champ

Sunday 29th November's edition of the Original Mastercuts show is now available for download at https://sixmillionste...rupal/node/1032

Don't forget that you can also subscribe to our podcast at https://feeds.feedbur...ginalMastercuts and automatically receive new shows as soon as they become available !

Tracks played were:

James Mason - Sweet Power Your Embrace

Stephanie Mills - I Don't Want To Go Back

Alton McLain & Destiny - My Destiny

Bloodstone - If You Wanna Be My Baby

Leon Debouse - Gettin' With My Baby

The Soul Train Gang - How Much Longer

Chicago - Hollywood

Crystal Grass - Dream On

Betty Wright - I Like Your Lovin'

Wille Bobo - Set You Free

Crystal Winds - Love Ain't Easy

Linda Evans - The Last Goodbye

The Pockets - Heaven Only Knows

Randy Brown - Love Formula 69

Jerry Butler - The Right Track

Tobi Legend - Time Will Pass You By

Johnny Johnson - Are You Ready For This

Moses Smith - Try My Love

Shep - Fool To Fool

James Bounty - Prove Yourself a Lady

Flower Shoppe - You've Come a Long Way Baby

The Royal Esquires - Ain't Gonna Run

The Jackson Sisters - Shake Her Loose

Tony Drake - Suddenly

Shirley Alston - Our Day Will Come

Jeff Lorber - I Ain't Thinking About You

Shawne Jackson - Why Did You Spoil My Dream

Walter Jackson - Touching In The Dark

The Four Tops - When Tonight Meets Tomorrow

Gene Dunlap - It's Just The Way I Feel

Tower of Power - Love's Been Gone So Long

Vaneese & Carolyn - Goodbye Song

Enjoy !

Alan

Edited by Alan Champ
Social source share

Coming up LIVE @ 2.00-4.00pm this Sunday afternoon, come along and join the friendliest crowd on t'internet for another episode of the Original Mastercuts Show on www.starpointradio.com this week with Ian D.

As per usual we sweep through the last 5 decades of glorious Soul Music for a 2 hour session packed to the seams with some of the greatest music ever released whilst being presented by a jocular host talking crap to a buzzing 'lil crowd of regulars! Yep, I can't think of a nicer way to spend a Winter Sunday afternoon!

Coming up tomorrow...............

Frankie Knuckles feat Jazmina * Sensory Productions * First Choice * Jean Carn * L.T.D. * Rufus & Chaka Khan * Charles Veal * Alfie Silas * Luther Vandross * Janette Renee * Spank * N'Cole * The Spinners * Don Downing * Lee Garrett * Thelma Houston * The Three Pieces * Prophecy * Wendell Watts * Sharon Ridley * Marvin Gaye & Soulpersona * Aretha Franklin * Jermaine Jackson * Brief Encounter * Robert Upchurch * Dee Dee Sharp Gamble * Lou Rawls

See you @ 2.00pm!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Coming up LIVE @ 2.00-4.00pm this Sunday afternoon, come along and join the friendliest crowd on t'internet for another episode of the Original Mastercuts Show on www.starpointradio.com - this week with Ian D.

As per usual we sweep through the last 5 decades of glorious Soul Music for a 2 hour session packed to the seams with some of the greatest music ever released whilst being presented by a jocular host talking crap to a buzzing 'lil crowd of regulars! Yep, I can't think of a nicer way to spend a Winter Sunday afternoon!

Coming up tomorrow...............

Frankie Knuckles feat Jazmina * Sensory Productions * First Choice * Jean Carn * L.T.D. * Rufus & Chaka Khan * Charles Veal * Alfie Silas * Luther Vandross * Janette Renee * Spank * N'Cole * The Spinners * Don Downing * Lee Garrett * Thelma Houston * The Three Pieces * Prophecy * Wendell Watts * Sharon Ridley * Marvin Gaye & Soulpersona * Aretha Franklin * Jermaine Jackson * Brief Encounter * Robert Upchurch * Dee Dee Sharp Gamble * Lou Rawls

See you @ 2.00pm!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Coming up LIVE @ 2.00pm folks. You're first chance to hear the long lost Tom Moulton mix of "This Is The House (Where Love Died)" plus that INCREDIBLE version of Marvin Gaye's "Ain't That Peculiar" like you've never heard it before! All 100% soulful goodness!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Coming up LIVE @ 2.00pm folks. You're first chance to hear the long lost Tom Moulton mix of "This Is The House (Where Love Died)" plus that INCREDIBLE version of Marvin Gaye's "Ain't That Peculiar" like you've never heard it before! All 100% soulful goodness!

Ian D biggrin.gif

We'll be tuned in and looking forward to the banter again Ianthumbsup.gif

av ya got a wrist slasher for me today? wicked.gif

steve n tina

Social source share

Hi All,

Apologies for posting up so late but we had a 'lil bit of surgery to do on the first 15 minutes.

Anyway all good now - another 2 hours of superior Soul Music from the last 4 decades. Have fun........download link after playlist.....

1st Hour

Frankie Knuckles feat Intense & Jazmina - Let The Rain Come Down - Bootleg 12" Mix

Sensory Productions Amsterdam - House Luck

First Choice - This Is The House (Where Love Died) - Tom Moulton Remix

Jean Carn - If You Wanna Go Back - Larry Sanders Re-Edit

L.T.D. - You Must Have Known I Needed Love

Rufus & Chaka Khan - Secret Friends

Charles Veal - New Found Love

Alfie Silas - You Put The 'L' In Love"

Luther Vandross - Give Me The Reason

Janette Renee - What's On Your Mind

N'Cole - I'm Gonna Need This Love

2nd Hour

The Spinners - It's A Shame

Don Downing - Lonely Days, Lonely Nights

Lee Garrett - You're My Everything

Thelma Houston - No One's Gonna Be A Fool Forever

The Three Pieces - I Need You Girl

Prophecy - Rain In My Life

Wendell Watts - The Grooviest Thing This Side Of Heaven

Sharon Ridley - When Did You Learn To Make Love

Soulpersona feat Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar

Aretha Franklin - One Step Ahead - Featurecast Re-Edit

Jermaine Jackson - You Like Me Don't You

Brief Encounter - Human

Robert Upchurch - The Devil Made Me Do It

Dee Dee Sharp Gamble - Just As Long As I Know You're Mine

Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine

https://www.sixmillio...6-Starpoint.m3u

Al will be hosting this Sunday, I'll be back on the 20th and then the two of us on a blow-out special on the 27th!

Happy Christmas All!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Coming up LIVE @ 2.00-4.00pm this Sunday afternoon, come along and join the friendliest crowd on t'internet for another episode of the Original Mastercuts Show on www.starpointradio.com – presenting a seasonal special this week with the original duo of Ian D and Alan Champ doin' it LIVE!

As per usual we'll be sweeping through the last 4 decades of glorious Soul Music for a 2 hour session packed to the seams with some of the greatest music ever released whilst being presented by two jocular hosts talking crap to a buzzing 'lil crowd of regulars on a COLD Sunday afternoon! Yep, I can't think of a nicer way to freeze our balls off....

It'll be a gas and a lovely session so please try and join us!

So coming up tomorrow.........

The Isley Brothers * The Originals * The Isley Brothers * Aaron Neville * Ferry Ultra feat Gwen McRae * Al Green * The Sylvers * Dee Dee Sharp Gamble * The Trammps * Leonard Lidell * Three Ounces Of Love * Marcus Love * Universal Mind * Dionne Warwick * Neo Experience * Marva Hicks * Jack Ashford * Joshie Jo Armstead * Turn Of The Century * The Lovelites * Holland & Dozier * The Chi-Lites * Mica Paris * Main Ingredient * Soulpersona feat Marvin Gaye

See you @ 2.00pm!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Many thanks to all who joined Al and myself this week. As per usual the best audience for a freezing cold Sunday afternoon and it warmed our cockles considerably!

Plenty of Original Mastercuts Show faves this week covering the last 4-5 decades of brilliant Soul Music - something for everyone hopefully!

Also don't forget that Al and myself are also doing an Original Mastercuts Christmas Special next Sunday 27th December so make sure you tune in to catch us LIVE!

1st Hour

The Isley Brothers - Harvest For The World - Intro Reprise

The Originals - Down To Love Town - Dimitri From Paris Disco Citaay Remix

The Isley Brothers - Harvest For The World - Remix

Aaron Neville - My Brother My Brother

Ferry Ultra feat Gwen McRae - Let Me Do My Thing

Al Green - Everything Is OK - Ashley Beedle Re-Edit

The Sylvers - Come Back Lover

Dee Dee Sharp Gamble - Easy Money - Greymatter Re-Edit

The Trammps - Shine A Light

Leonard Lidell - Keep It Secret

Three Ounces Of Love - In The Middle Of A Feeling

Marcus Love - Love They Don't Know You

2nd Hour

Universal Mind - Reach Out For Me

Dionne Warwick - Once You Hit The Road

Neo Experience - Human - Special Extended Mix

Marva Hicks - Looking Over My Shoulder

Jack Ashford - Fly Into My Open Arms

Joshie Jo Armstead - I Got The Vibes

Turn Of The Century - Money Can't

The Lovelites - Yo've Lost That Loving Feeling

Holland & Dozier - Why Can't We Be Lovers

The Chi-Lites - Stoned Out Of My Mind

Mica Paris - Walk Away From Love

Main Ingredient - Won't Let You Do That To Me

Soulpersona feat Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar - Neil Thompson Mix

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...0-Starpoint.mp3

Merry Christmas All and hopefully we'll catch you next Sunday 27th December LIVE!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Whoops, almost forgot to post last weeks playlist!

Ist Hour

Maryann Farra & Satin Soul - Stoned Out of My Mind

Love Machine - Very Special Moment

The Temptations - I'm Here - Remix

The Sounds of Blackness - God Is Love

Hard Soul featuring Ron Carroll - Back Together

Carolyn Crawford - If You Move You Lose

Teddy Pendergrass & Stephanie Mills - Take Me In Your Arms Tonight

Vernon Burch - Never Can Find a Way

Eloise Laws - Love Ain't Easy

R & J Stone - A Little Late For Love

Crystal Winds Love Ain't Easy

Cissy Houston - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

2nd Hour

Hall & Oates - Storm Warning

Al Kent - The Way You've Been Acting Lately

Edwin Starr - I Have Faith In You

The 5th Dimension - Don't You Hear Me Calling

Ronnie McNeir - I'm So Thankful

The Chi-Lites - You'll Never Be Sorry

Executive Jam - I Want You Back In My Arms Again

Al Hudson & The Soul Partners - Trying To Prove My Love To You

Brainstorm - Waiting For Something

Fat Larry's Band - Like To Get To Know You Better

Candy Bowman - Since I Found You

George Benson - This Masquerade Remix

Harvey Mason - Til You Take My Love

Aretha Franklin - One Step Ahead Featurecast Remix

https://www.sixmillio...7-Starpoint.mp3

See ya next week!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Coming up LIVE @ 2.00-4.00pm this Sunday afternoon, come along and join the friendliest crowd on t'internet for another episode of the Original Mastercuts Show on www.starpointradio.com - presenting a seasonal special this week with the original duo of Ian D and Alan Champ doin' it LIVE again! Yep, that's 3 weeks in a row folks because we love you..........

As per usual we'll be sweeping through the last 4 decades of glorious Soul Music for a 2 hour session packed to the seams with some of the greatest music ever released whilst being presented by two jocular hosts talking crap to a buzzing 'lil crowd of regulars on a BEAUTIFUL Sunday afternoon! Yep, I can't think of anywhere else we'd rather be......apart from actually being out there and mingling.......

So coming up tomorrow.........

Thelma Houston * Thelma Houston & Diana Ross * The Fatback Band * The Trammps * Touch * The Nobles * Chic * M.C.B. * Rick James * Skip Mahoney & The Casuals * Lee Garrett * The Modulations * Jack Ashford * Jean Wells * Solid Solution * Sundray Tucker * Cissy Houston * Willie Tee * Esther Williams * Charles Sherrell * General Johnson & The Chairmen * Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr * The Spinners

See you @ 2.00pm!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

As per usual another swop through 5 decades of glorious Soul Music spanning all eras which the usual doses of irrelevant chatter in between myself and Alan Champ......

.......enjoy!

Ist Hour

Thelma Houston – I'm Here Again

Thelma Houston & Diana Ross – Don't Leave Me This Way/Love Hangover - Mix

The Fatback Band – (Do The) Spanish Hustle – America Latina Remix

The Trammps – Where Were You When The Lights Went Out – Jski Remix

Touch – Me & You

The Nobles - Jealousy

Chic – What About Me

M.C.B. – I'm The One, You're The One

Tata Vega & G.C. Cameron – (I've Got My) Second Wind

2nd Hour

Skip Mahoney & The Casuals – Running Away From Love

Lee Garrett – Heart Be Still

The Modulations – I Can't Fight Your Love

Jack Ashford – I'll Fly To Your Open Arms

Jean Wells – What Have I Got To Lose

Solid Solution – Don't Ask Me

Sundray Tucker – If It Was Me

Cissy Houston – The Long And Winding Road

Willie Tee – Reach Out For Me

Esther Williams – Ready For Love

'Sweet' Charles Sherrell – Why Can't I Be Treated Like A Man

General Johnson & The Chairmen – Don't Walk Away

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr – You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)

The Spinners – Could It Be I'm Falling In Love – Henry Street Remix

https://www.sixmillio...3-Starpoint.mp3

I'll be up in Blackpool next weekend but will be phoning Al from the site for a Weekender Report so make sure you catch us LIVE every Sunday between 2.00 – 4.00 pm on www.starpointradio.com.

Laters All!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Well, another one of those weeks folks.

Marvin, Barry, James, Luther, Levi, Michael, Woody and now Teddy.

Soul vocalists don't have great life spans do they?

Teddy Pendergrass has always been a staple of this show 'cos Al and I grew up with him and he's been the soundtrack to our lives throughout the whole of the 70's and beyond.

So naturally we'll be doing a Teddy tribute throughout the show covering as many great tracks as we can squeeze in. Plus the rest - the usual trawl through the last 5 decades of glorious Soul music so hope you can join us!

A sad time for sure but boy did he leave us with an incredible legacy. RIP Teddy. This show's for you...........

Coming up tomorrow LIVE from 2.00-4.00pm on www.starpointradio.com featuring.......

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes * Teddy Pendergrass * Tortured Soul * Cool Million feat Meli'sa Morgan * Switch * The Spinners * Stephanie Mills feat Teddy Pendergrass * Al Green * Teddy Pendergrass * Martha Reeves * Jerry Butler * Quiet Elegance * Bill Brandon * James Brown * The Supremes * S.O.U.L. feat Larry Hancock * Lou Wilson & Today's People * Teddy Pendergrass * The Staple Singers * Average White Band feat Ben E. King * Friends Of Distinction * Gene & Bobby * Teddy Pendergrass

Hope ya can join me.....I can feel another Levi Stubbs moment coming on......

Roll on 2.00pm......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Well, following the terrible news last Wednesday we naturally played a few Teddy P tunes this week to pay tribute to one of Soul Music's most treasured vocalists. RIP Teddy. We love you.......

Other, than that it's the usual trawl through the eras covering as many bases as we can over 120 minutes and we sure packed 'em in this week.....

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst Sunday 17th January 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Ist Hour

Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes Is There A Place For Me

Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes Bad Luck Pts 1 & 2

Teddy Pendergrass You're My Latest, My Greatest Inspiration Quentin Harris Mix

Tortured Soul In My Fantasy Tom Moulton Mix

Cool Million feat Meli'sa Morgan Sweet Baby

Switch You Pulled A Switch

The Spinners Got To Be Love

Stephanie Mills feat Teddy Pendergrass Two Hearts

Al Green Where Love Rules

2nd Hour

Teddy Pendergrass We Got Love

Martha Reeves No One There

Jerry Butler One Night Affair

Quiet Elegance You Brought The Sun Back Into My Life

Bill Brandon Baby Love Is A Two Way Street

James Brown People Wake Up And Live

The Supremes Up The Ladder To The Roof

S.O.U.L. feat Larry Hancock This Time Around

Lou Wilson & Today's People Settle Down

Teddy Pendergrass Only To You

The Staple Singers Tripping On Your Love

Average White Band feat Ben E. King Get It Up For Love Ashley Beedle Re-Edit

Friends Of Distinction Ain't No Woman (Like The One I Got)

Gene & Bobby Hang On In There Baby

Teddy Pendergrass Heaven Only Knows

https://www.sixmillio...7-Starpoint.mp3

Al is behind the decks next week and I'll be back on the 31st January so catch you all then!

Many thanks for listening everyone.

See ya next Sunday......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Well my last show was the week that Teddy P passed away so there was a touch of the blues last time....

.....so this weeks show is packed to the brim with happy, optimistic and deadly soulful tunes from right across the eras. I can't believe how many tunes we've managed to pack in this week - so many tunes, so little time to play 'em LOL....

Tune in @ 2.00pm this Sunday afternoon for another marathon LIVE Sunday afternoon session with the friendliest crowd on t'internet. Come join the party.......

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst Sunday 31st January 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

45 feat Stephanie McKay * Light Of The World feat Cylena Cymone * Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr * Deep Sensation * The Tyrell Corporation * Curtis Mayfield * Jimmy & Vella Cameron * Marcia Hines * Syreeta & G.C. Cameron * Marvin Gaye * The Isley Brothers * Maurice Williams * The Sunlovers * Bobby Treetop * The Idle Few * The Ohio Players feat Towanda Barnes * The Modulations * The Individuals * Sydney Joe Qualls * Anita Baker * Cuba Gooding * The Real Thing * Average White Band * Koffee Brown feat B-12 * Cool Million * Shirley Slaughter * Mark Capanni

See you @ 2.00pm!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

And heeeeeere's the playlist.

The emphasis today was on happiness, energy and spreading the gospel so it sure went fast! Many thanks for everyone who could join us live and here's the link for everyone else.......

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst Sunday 31st January 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

45 feat Stephanie McKay I Believe

Light Of The World feat Cylena Cymone Sunshine Exclusive

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr - Shine On Silver Moon

Deep Sensation Somehow, Somewhere (There's A Soul Heaven)

The Tyrell Corporation Going Home

Curtis Mayfield What Is My Woman For

Jimmy & Vella Cameron Be Fair To Me

Marcia Hines You Gotta Let Go

Syreeta & G.C. Cameron Love To The Rescue

Marvin Gaye - Praise

2nd Hour

The Isley Brothers Tell Me It's Just A Rumour

Maurice Williams Being Without You

The Sunlovers You'll Never Make The Grade

Bobby Treetop Wait Till I Get To Know You

The Idle Few People That's Why

The Ohio Players feat Towanda Barnes Love Slipped Through My Fingers

The Modulations Never Too Late

The Individuals Why Can't We Be Together

Sydney Joe Qualls Run To Me

Anita Baker Sweet Love

Cuba Gooding All I Can Give You Is Love

The Real Thing Raining Through My Sunshine

Average White Band Atlantic Avenue

Koffee Brown feat B-12 Weekend Thing

Cool Million Leave Me

Shirley Slaughter I Love Him Old School Remix

Mark Capanni I Believe In Miracles

https://www.sixmillio...1-Starpoint.mp3

Al will be back behind the decks next week and I'll be back on the 14th February - Valentine's Day!

See ya next time!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

great show ian :thumbsup:

light of the world -sunshine wow!!!!!! when will this be released?

great to hear the tyrell corporation i bought all their stuff its all good, but really good to hear 'going' home im sure theres an even better mix of this ill have to dig it out :thumbup:

Edited by ric-tic
Social source share

great show ian thumbup.gif

light of the world -sunshine wow!!!!!! when will this be released?

great to hear the tyrell corporation i bought all their stuff its all good, but really good to hear 'going' home im sure theres an even better mix of this ill have to dig it out yes.gif

Cheers mate. The Light Of The World feat Cylena Cymone was hot from the mixing desk so isn't even @ final mix stage yet. Sounds like it could be a Summer anthem to me.

And there's a lot of stuff from around the Tyrell Corp era which still sounds great today. Wouldn't mind hearing another mix of "Going Home" though....

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

A Valentine's Day Soulfest is what we have coming up! A half hour of only the most Soulful House Rhythms followed by 30 minutes of Soulful late 70's and 80's Soulful Grooves followed by 30 minutes of Northern, Modern, Crossover and Pure Soul gems and finishing off with 30 minutes of killer Soul ballads and some glorious mid-tempo Soul infused rhythms. Yes folks, it's another Soulful Sunday afternoon with the Original Mastercuts crew - this week with Ian D.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 14th February 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring.....

James Ingram * Dennis Ferrer feat K.T. Brooks * Donna Allen * DJ Kulbir feat Daniel Thomas * Kinsman Dazz * Roberta Flack * Sister Sledge * Manhattan Transfer * Gene Chandler * The Dells * Street People * The Dramatics * The Temprees * Betty Wright * Walter Heath * Clay Hammond * The Pacesetters * Lenny Williams * Rose Royce * Rick James * Ann Nesby * Dooley Silverspoon & Jeanne Burton

See ya @ 2.00pm sharp!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

And a Valentine's Day Soulfest is what we had! Thanks to all for another wonderful afternoon of jam-packed Soul with the friendliest crowd on t'internet!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 14th February 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

James Ingram - Lean On Me - Masters @ Work Mix

Dennis Ferrer feat K.T. Brooks - How Do I Let Go

Donna Allen - He Is The Joy

DJ Kulbir feat Daniel Thomas - Once I've Been There

Kinsman Dazz - Love Design

Roberta Flack - Lovin' You (Is Such An Easy Thing To Do)

Sister Sledge - You Fooled Me

Manhattan Transfer - Spice Of Life

Gene Chandler - All About The Paper

2nd Hour

The Dells - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher

Street People - Never Get Enough Of Your Love

The Dramatics - I Can't Stand It

The Temprees - At Last

Betty Wright - Brick Grits

Walter Heath - You Know You're Wrong Don't You Brother

Clay Hammond - They Don't Makeum No More

Lenny Williams - Cause I Love You

Rose Royce - I Wanna Get Next To You

Rick James - Make Love To Me

Ann Nesby - I Can't Explain It

Dooley Silverspoon & Jeanne Burton - Am I Losing You

https://www.sixmillio...4-Starpoint.mp3

Al back behind the decks next week, so see you on the 28th!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

OK posting early this week 'cos I'm out boogying this weekend in downtown Chichester at the final Chi-Soul which we just know will be a gas.

So, bearing in mind that I'll be in the 'totally out there weekend zone' pretty much from early Saturday evening 'til just before the show I thought I'd better get my shit together early......

A KILLER show this week folks! I'll be tender for sure but the line-up this week will keep me trucking nicely until my whole world collapses around 4.05pm Sunday afternoon!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 28th February 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring.....

DJ Jose Burgos feat Sigma 2 * Al Green & Ann Nesby * Light Of The World feat Cylena Cymone * Randy Crawford * S.O.S. Band & Switch * Steve Arrington * The Jones Girls * First Circle * Wornell Jones * Otis Clay * The Steve Karmen Big Band * Barbara McNair * Edward Hamilton & The Arabians * Chico Lamarr * Carol Anderson * Clifton Dyson * Don Covay * Marvin Holmes & Justice * Tommy Tate * Ronnie Laws feat Randy Crawford * Gerry Deveaux * The Pacesetters * Gentlemen's Agreement * Shirley Slaughter * Cool Million feat Eugene Wilde

See ya @ 2.00pm sharp!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Coming up LIVE @ 2.00pm today on www.starpointradio.com - another Soulful strut through all the eras featuring.....

DJ Jose Burgos feat Sigma 2 * Al Green & Ann Nesby * Light Of The World feat Cylena Cymone * Randy Crawford * S.O.S. Band & Switch * Steve Arrington * The Jones Girls * First Circle * Wornell Jones * Otis Clay * The Steve Karmen Big Band * Barbara McNair * Edward Hamilton & The Arabians * Chico Lamarr * Carol Anderson * Clifton Dyson * Don Covay * Marvin Holmes & Justice * Tommy Tate * Ronnie Laws feat Randy Crawford * Gerry Deveaux * Carlton J. Smith * Gentlemen's Agreement * Shirley Slaughter * Cool Million feat Eugene Wilde

See you @ 2.00!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Well the last Original Mastercuts show of Winter 2010 and we'll all be glad to see the back of that! Welcome to Spring!

We had the usual trawl through the eras with a couple of recent exclusives and an odyssey through the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's covering as many bases as we can in a mere 2 hours.

Now that the weather's warming up hopefully we'll see some of you on the road this year, so keep tuned!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 28th February 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring.....

1st Hour

DJ Jose Burgos feat Sigma 2 – Free Man – Main Mix

Al Green & Ann Nesby – Put It On Paper – Spen & Karizma Mix

Light Of The World feat Cylena Cymone - Sunshine– Original Mastercuts Exclusive

Randy Crawford – Don't Wanna Be Normal – Desa Basshead Rework Exclusive

S.O.S. Band & Switch – Borrowed Secrets

Steve Arrington – She Just Don't Know

The Jones Girls – You Can't Have My Love

First Circle – Can't Find A Love

Wornell Jones – It Must Have Been Love

Otis Clay – All I Wanna Do

2nd Hour

The Steve Karmen Big Band – Breakaway Pt 1

Barbara McNair – Lone Lonely Town

Edward Hamilton & The Arabians – Baby Don't You Weep

Chico Lamarr – What Do You Think I Am

Carol Anderson – I Found Love

Clifton Dyson – I'm Giving Up

Don Covay – The Overtime Man

Marvin Holmes & Justice – Take The Time Out

Tommy Tate – I Just Don't Know

Ronnie Laws feat Randy Crawford – Show Me

Gerry Deveaux – There Goes My Heart

Carlton J. Smith - Love

Gentlemen's Agreement - Breakaway

Shirley Slaughter – I Love Him – Old School Remix

Cool Million feat Eugene Wilde – Back For More – Album Version

https://www.sixmillio...8-Starpoint.mp3

Al will be behind the decks next week 7/03/10 and I'll be back on the 14/03/10 and then see you all up @ Prestatyn!

Enjoy!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

And coming up this week another journey through a musical oddysey which takes in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. Just one thing in common: Soul and tons of it!

Yes folks, it's another installment of the Original Mastercuts show with Ian D this Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm on everyone's favourite Soul station, www.starpointradio.com.

I'll be doing my thang and featuring......

Earth, Wind & Fire * Fred Everywhere feat Lisa Shaw * Marvin Gaye * Gloria Scott * Mascara feat Luther Vandross * Archie Bell & The Drells * Terri Wells * Cashmere * Billy Griffin * Lou Johnson * Cissy Houston * Barbara McNair * Darrell Banks * Sting * Darrow Fletcher * Moses Smith * Bobby Wilson * Five Special * James Nelson * Patti Labelle * Lyfe Jennings * Heaven 'N Hell Orchestra

Hope you can join me for another Sunday afternoon Soulfest with the friendliest audience on t'internet.

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

You can almost feel the Spring signalling the end of a particularly vicious Winter and boy does it feel great!

So this week's show hopefully reflects that with an overall happy vibe throughout as we do our usual dance through the eras. This week there's an interesting track from Lisa Shaw that slipped beneath the radar from 2008, a few incredibly tasty re-edits and remixes from the likes of Earth, Wind & Fire, Marvin Gaye and Gloria Scott, some under-appreciated 80's cuts, some underplayed 60's 70's Soul cuts and some glorious classics throughout the show culminating with the GLORIOUS Heaven N' Hell Orchestra track from '79 to close proceedings. Something for everyone hopefully!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 14th March 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring.....

1st Hour

Earth, Wind & Fire - Happy Feeling - Torchsoul Rework

Fred Everything feat Lisa Shaw - Here I Am

Marvin Gaye - I Want You - Remix

Gloria Scott - (A Case Of) Too Much Lovemaking - Larry Sanders Re-Edit

Mascara feat Luther Vandross - It's Cool

Archie Bell & The Drells - Strategy

Terri Wells - You Make It Heaven

Cashmere - Inner Feeling

Billy Griffin - Understand

2nd Hour

Lou Johnson - Always Something There To Remind Me

Cissy Houston - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

Barbara McNair - More Today Than Yesterday

Darrell Banks - I've Got The Feeling

Sting - Winning Number

Darrow Fletcher - It's No Mistake

Moses Smith - Keep On Striving

Bobby Wilson - Don't Shut Me Out

Five Special - Heaven (You Are To Me)

James Nelson - Mellow Mellow Me

Patti Labelle - It's A New Day - Neil T's Chill Yer Boots Mix

Lyfe Jennings - Smile

Heaven 'N Hell Orchestra - Whatcha Gonna Do

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...4-Starpoint.mp3

Will no doubt see some of you in Prestatyn at the weekend - actually Al's behind the decks next week so I may well ring in with a Prestatyn report (assuming that I can still speak that is)!

Toodle pip!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that was what I call a KING HELL BASTARD of a weekend last week @ Prestatyn! But of course you'll already know that due to the DOUBLE STREAMING we did LIVE from both the Northern and Modern rooms last Friday and Saturday. Starpoint Radio was well and truly in the house and it's a gas to know that we could broadcast such a fantastic event around the world on t'internet. Many thanks to everyone involved for making it such a memorable weekend. Big up to Carl for dedication and apparently unlimited stamina in keeping things running so smoothly whilst everyone around him turned to mush LOL....

Great to meet so many old and new friends up and so many people who catch the show - it makes it all worthwhile when you bump into listeners we never knew were there! So this show's for all of ya and everyone else I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time.

So this week we have the usual smorgasbord of Soul from across the eras. Kicking off this week with some scintillating up-tempo rhythms to get the blood flowing, then into half and hour of delicious 80's grooves before we gracefully slide into some glorious gems from the 60's and 70's before we ease into some mind-blowing mellow grooves and some Soulful killers to the close.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 28th March 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring.....

The Jacksons * Dionne Warwick & The Spinners * B.A.D. Connection * Fred Everything feat Lisa Shaw * 52nd Street * The System * Stephanie Mills * Dolette McDonald * The New York City Band feat Luther Vandross * Chairmen Of The Board * Barbara Acklin * Mel & Tim * Lyn Roman * Mark Capanni * Bob Relf * Diana Ross * Phillip & Lloyd (The Bluesbusters) * Tower Of Power * Loleatta Holloway * Mark Johnson * Patti Labelle * Mavis feat Candi Staton * Al Green

Hope ya can join me!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Wow, a lovely show this week made extra special by having such a great bunch of listeners for which I'm eternally grateful! Download link directly below playlist......

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 28th March 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

The Jacksons - Real Good Time (Living Together) - Julian Love Re-Edit

Dionne Warwick & The Spinners - I Don't Need Another Love - Joey Musaphia Mix

B.A.D. Connection - Be Thankful

Fred Everything feat Lisa Shaw - Here I Am

52nd Street - Tell Me (How It Feels)

The System - This Is For You

Stephanie Mills - My Love's Been Good To You

Dolette McDonald - (X-tra) Special

New York City Band feat Luther Vandross - Got To Have Your Body

2nd Hour

Chairmen Of The Board - Everything's Tuesday

Barbara Acklin - Love Makes A Woman

Mel & Tim - Backfield In Motion

Lyn Roman - Stop, I Don't Need No Sympathy

Mark Capanni - I Believe In Miracles

Bob Relf - Girl, You're My Kind Of Wonderful

Diana Ross - One Love In My Lifetime

Phillip & Lloyd (The Bluesbusters) - Baby I'm Sorry

Tower Of Power - So Very Hard To Go

Loleatta Holloway -Cry To Me

Mark Johnson - Daydream

Patti Labelle - New Day - Neil Thompson Mix

Mavis feat Candi Staton - Revolution - Darkstarr Single Mix

Al Green - Everything Is OK - Ashley Beedle Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2010-03-28-Starpoint.mp3

Enjoy!

Al is back behind the decks next week, so I'll catch you all on the 11th April! God bless.

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

OK, posting early today 'cos I'm Northern Souling it tonight down at the St Aloysius Social Club over in London, NW1 so thought I'd get the show together early otherwise it could all Northern LOL......

Perish the thought! The usual trawl through all the good things which Soul Music has thrown up for the last 45 years so a nice lively LIVE show coming up tomorrow afternoon folks! Get rigged up in the garden and soak up that Sun! Yippee!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 11th April 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring.......

Alicia Keys * Michael Jackson * New York Rappers * Papik * Donny Hathaway * Ashford & Simpson & The John Davis Monster Orchestra * Alton McClain & Destiny * Norman Connors * L.A. Voyage * Aaron Broomfield * Camouflage * Ruby Andrews * The George Clinton Band * Barbara St Clair * The Four Tops * The Temptations * Marva Whitney * The Pacesettters * The Ohio Players * Blair * Cool Million feat Karen Groth * Luther Vandross * Marvin Gaye

Hope ya can join me!

Enjoy!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Well it's been a pretty busy coupla weeks what with Morag's 45th birthday up in Preston a week last Friday and then the delights of the St Alosysius Social Club in London on Saturday night. Both gigs were major fun and it was a gas meeting so many friendly Souls at both events so a big shout out to all my new and old friends. I love getting on the road and getting around the country. It shows how we've all been blessed with the Soul bug.........

Anyway another musical odyssey this week covering some up-tempo goodies in the first half-hour, some late 70's/80's gems up to halfway through, then a powerhouse 60's/70's session in the third half-hour and we finish off with some sleazy slowies into a dreamy ending for a perfect Sunday afternoon!

Hope ya like it!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 11th April 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring.......

1st Hour

Alicia Keys - You Don't Know My Name - DJ Spen Remix

Michael Jackson - Butterflies - MCM Remix

New York Rappers - I Wish

Papik - Stayin' For Good

Donny Hathaway - Little Ghetto Boy - Freddy L Remix

Ashford & Simpson & The John Davis Monster Orchestra - Bourgie Bourgie -Jetsetter Remix

Alton McClain & Destiny - My Destiny

Norman Connors - Stay With Me

L.A. Voyage - Never Lookin' Back (Again)

Aaron Broomfield - I'm Gonna Miss You

2nd Hour

Ruby Andrews - I Got A Bone To Pick With You

The George Clinton Band - Please Don't Run From Me

Barbara St Clair - Teacher Man

The Four Tops - Love Enough To Care

The Temptations - Think For Yourself

Marva Whitney - This Girl's In Love With You

The Pacesettters - Lovin'

The Ohio Players - Sweet Sticky Thing

Blair - Nightlife

Cool Million feat Karen Groth - It's Too Late

Earth, Wind & Fire - Fantasy - Blaze Shelter Remix

Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me - Rapson Re-Edit

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2010-04-11-Starpoint.mp3

Al is back next week and you'll catch me again on the 25th before I jet off to Ibiza for the Nightmares On Wax Beach Party with me old mucker Paul Schofield! A 4 hour marathon session on the beach is EXACTLY what I need right now LOL!

Enjoy!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Well another 2 hours of the usual Original Mastercuts musical odyssey is lined-up for this Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm taking us through 30 minutes of percolating Soulful House rhythms, into some wonderful 70's and 80's work-of-art remixes and re-edits, into some choice 70's, Northern and Crossover cuts and a final 30 minutes of Soulful perfection. Yes folks it's another sunny (touch wood) Sunday afternoon session on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

As per the usual the sun comes out and I immediately catch a rather nasty chest infection so I may be coughing and spluttering a bit tomorrow but the show will go on LOL......

Featuring:-

Angela Johnson * Nicc Johnson ft Lt Brown * Alex Finkin & Reverend P ft Jocelyn Mathieu * Davidson Aspina * Marvin Gaye * Heaven N' Hell * The Emotions * Stevie Wonder * First Choice * The Trammps * Genie Brown * Ronnie Walker * Freddie Paris * Jo Armstead * Sonny Turner * Faith Evans * Tina Turner ft Barry White * Eddie Sea ft Aaron Sledge * Edwin Starr * Finishing Touch * Amerie * Amar Khalil

Hopefully we'll see you @ 2.00pm!

Ciao.

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

OK a very nasally presentation this week folks so many apologies - the show must go on LOL.

Al will be playing LIVE next week from the Swansong All-Dayer in Chertsey so make sure you tune in! Unfortunately I'll either be on a beach or up at the Hell's Angels compound in Ibiza but hopefully I'll make it back for the 9th May!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 25th April 2010 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Angela Johnson - Better - Mickey More Classic Mix

Nicc Johnson ft Lt Brown - Love For Now - Johnny Montana & Craig Stewart Remix

Alex Finkin & Reverend P ft Jocelyn Mathieu - Jazzy Mix

Davidson Ospina - People

Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues - Drilla Re-Edit

Heaven N' Hell - Whatcha Gonna Do - Tom Moulton Remix

The Emotions - Love Vibes - Todd Terje Re-Edit

Stevie Wonder - Love Light In Flight - Harri Re-Edit

2nd Hour

First Choice - Armed And Extremely Dangerous

The Trammps - Trusting Heart

Genie Brown - Can't Stop Talking

Ronnie Walker - You're The One

Freddie Paris - One More Hill To Climb

Jo Armstead - Got My Taste (Of The Honey)

Sonny Turner - Now That You're Gone

Faith Evans - Sunny Days

Tina Turner ft Barry White - In Your Wildest Dreams

Eddie Sea ft Aaron Sledge - India

Edwin Starr - There You Go

Finishing Touch - Don't Put Me Down - Tom Moulton Remix

Amerie ft Fabolous - More Than Love

Amar Khalil - Born Again

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...5-Starpoint.mp3

Enjoy!

Ciao.

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Whap! Straight back to the reality of an English Summer this week following what was the gig of the century for me and Paul Schofield last week @ the Nightmares On Wax Beach Party in Ibiza which was absolutely magical and won't be forgotten in a hurry - a big shout out to friends old and new who were out there. And yes, we're gonna be back a few times over the Summer don't worry! Also a big shout out to all down @ Swansong in Chertsey last week - I trust Al kept you all entertained! He's buggered off to Paris to recover but will be back next week.......

Anyway, this week we have another musical odyssey through the last few decades with a brace of exclusives as per usual but with the common denominator of SOUL!

The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst LIVE between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 9th May 2010 UK time on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

The Sigma Sound Orchestra * Bebu Silvetti * Light Of The World feat Cylena Cymone * DJ Spen & Robert Owens * Ron Hall & The Motherfunkaz * Lalo Schifrin * Chaka Khan * Armed Gang * Sister Sledge * The Afro Cuban Band * Etta James * The Temprees * Little Beaver * The Futures * Lilian Hale * Heywood Cash * Tata Vega * Donald Wilson * Randy Crawford * Pete Belasco * Barry White * Anthony Hamilton * Earth, Wind & Fire

See you @ 2.00pm!

Ciao.

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Blimey. It's almost been a month since I've done a show due to:-

1) Locking myself out of the studio 3 weeks ago

2) The North Lancs Soul Festival @ Morecambe last week

So today I'm popping into the studio to join Alan Champ for some of that old LIVE Original Mastercuts banter like we used to do. So please try and join us @ 2.00pm today on www.starpointradio.com for 2 hours of Souful heaven and irreverent banter! Y'know, Radio like it used to be!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Blimey, I feel like a bus. No show for ages and then 3 in the space of 8 days! Anyway this week with the sun finally out in the UK we seem to have a very Disco-centric show today with the usual blend of a couple of exclusives, some killer re-edits and remixes and a general Soulful trawl through the last 40 years of Soul music.

The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst LIVE on Sunday 6th June 2010 UK time on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring this week:-

The Philly Devotions * Light Of The World ft Cylena Cymone * AC Soul Symphony ft Ricci Benson * Fred Everything ft Lisa Shaw * Eddie Drennon & BBS Unlimited * Esther Williams * El Coco * D.C. Larue * Goody Goody * Alexander Patton * Morris Chestnut * Lee Andrews * Al Kent * Ila Vann * Rock Candy * Bill Brandon * Wah Wah Watson * Tower Of Power * Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes * Jermaine Jackson * Heaven & Hell * Flowers

Hope you can join me LIVE at 2.00pm. Get that ice ready.......

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Wow, a very Disco-centric show this week but that's not such a bad thing when you're in the mood.......and boy was I the mood this week!

The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst LIVE on Sunday 6th June 2010 UK time on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Download link below. Enjoy!

1st Hour

The Philly Devotions - Hurt So Bad - Dimitri From Paris Super Disco Blend

Light Of The World ft Cylena Cymone - Sunshine - Unreleased Exclusive

AC Soul Symphony ft Ricci Benson - Still In Love - Joey Negro Disco Blend Mix

Fred Everything ft Lisa Shaw - Here I Am

Eddie Drennon & BBS Unlimited - Let's Do The Latin Hustle

Esther Williams - You Gotta Let Me Show You

El Coco - Let's Get It Together

D.C. Larue - Cathedrals - Greg Wilson Re-Edit

Goody Goody - Dimitri From Paris Remix

2nd Hour

Alexander Patton - A L'il Lovin' Sometimes

Morris Chestnut - Too Darn Soulful

Lee Andrews - I've Had It

Al Kent - The Way You've Been Acting Lately

Ila Vann - You Made Me This Way

Rock Candy - Alone With No Love

Bill Brandon - Whatever I Am, I'm Yours

Wah Wah Watson - Love Ain't Something (That You Get For Free)

Tower Of Power - So Very Hard To Go

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Wake Up Everybody - DJ Apt One Remix

Jermaine Jackson - You Like Me Don't Know

Heaven N' Hell - Whatcha Gonna Do - Tom Moulton Remix

Flowers - For Real

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2010-06-06-Starpoint.mp3

Al is back behind the new Starpoint space-age console next Sunday and I'll be back the week after on June 20th.

Toodle pip!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Ian D

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, life is just moving so fast this last couple of weeks that it doesn't seem a minute since the last show. Mind you I have fitted in trips to Ibiza and Portsmouth since then plus there's been a ton of football, a coupla parties plus some sunny days and then, boom, hey presto, its showtime again....time flies when you're having fun......

But what am I talking about????? I'm also crazy busy at work with bundles of albums on the way! No wonder I'm perpetually knackered......

Anyway, knackered or not the show must go on and this week we have a lively show with some old favourites, a stack of new spins and the usual blend of zippy House, creative Re-Edits/Remixes, some wonderful 80's, a coupla Northern, some killer Crossover, some serious Soul and just lovely stuff perfect for a Sunday afternoon. So get that wine chilled now and turn that bloody football off!

The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst LIVE from the new space-age Starpoint studio on Sunday 20th June 2010 UK time on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring......

James Ingram * Patti Austin & James Ingram * Dennis Ferrer feat K.T. Brooks * Five Special * Baiser * The Chocolate Jam Co * Otis Clay * Quincy Jones * Rose Royce * Luther Vandross * Joe Hicks * Otis Smith * True Movement * Garry Glenn * The Impressions * Sampson & Delilah * Spencer Wiggins * David Sheffield * Paulette Reaves * Debarge * Sly & The Family Stone * Lenny Williams * The Jacksons

Catch yer tomorrow @ 2.00pm sharp!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!