This Weeks Original Mastercuts On Starpoint With Ian Dewhirst

Ian Dewhirst

Hi Ian!

Glad to see that you know a bit of Swedish too. Smorgosbord is a Swedish word that we´ve exported to England,

which is also the case with words such as orienteering and ombudsman that you got from us :unsure:

Ok, ´scuse my ramblings, let´s get back on track:

Great show again and these were some of my favs this time:

The Gap Band - Someday (FR Re-Work)

Prime Time - I Owe It To Myself

Bobby Warren - The Time Has Come For Us To Be Free

Jackie Beavers - Trying To Get Back To You Girl (SonnyDJ Reconstruction)

Brown Sugar - The Game Is Over (What's The Matter With You)

Carl Hall - What About You

The Pointer Sisters - Don't It Drive You Crazy

Cheers,

Melismo

I'm always pleased to include some Swedish verbage where appropriate, Mel. Hopefully it's lagom!

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 337
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good news. Manflu has now been conquered! I kicked that sucker right into touch and I'm ready to rock again, so come and join the Sunday afternoon gang for another 2 hours of beautifully sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems put together EVERY WEEK and played LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm and repeated throughout the week on www.starpointradio.com.

Coming up tomorrow @ 2.00pm............

Grant Nelson, Eminence featuring Kathy Brown, Deborah Cox Vs Bah Samba, Apple, Idris Muhammad, Jesse Henderson, Sheila Dionn, Curtis Hairston, Arthur Miles, Gary The Master Blaster, Horace Faith, Frankie Beverly, Tomorrow's Promise, Charles Drain, The Voices Of East Harlem, Greg Perry, J.R. Bailey, Jerry Jackson, The Ohio Players, Leon Haywood, Janette Renee, Leon Ware & Janice Siegel and Luther Vandross

See you @ 2.00pm!

Social source share

Good news. Manflu has now been conquered! I kicked that sucker right into touch and I'm ready to rock again, so come and join the Sunday afternoon gang for another 2 hours of beautifully sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems put together EVERY WEEK and played LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm and repeated throughout the week on www.starpointradio.com.

Please excuse the screw-up when I played the Gap Band - one channel on the left-hand deck was out so I had to scramble to sort it out LOL........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 11th January 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

To download the show simply hit the link below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks plus loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles!

So let's go with this week's show:-

1st Hour

Grant Nelson - Feel The Music (The Sound Of Music)

Eminence featuring Kathy Brown - Give It Up (Clepto's Classic Vocal Mix)

Deborah Cox Vs Bah Samba - It's Over Now/Let The Drums Speak (Atomix Re-Shape)

Apple - Believe (Opus 1)

Idris Muhammad - For Your Love

Jesse Henderson - I Did It Again

Sheila Dionn - Suddenly, Somewhere

Curtis Hairston - Chilling Out

Arthur Miles - Helping Hand (Incisive Remix)

The Gap Band - Someday

2nd Hour

Gary The Master Blaster - Caf Regio's

Horace Faith - I Can't Understand It

Frankie Beverly - I Want To Feel I'm Wanted

Tomorrow's Promise - You're Everything Good To Me (SonnyDJ Reconstruction 7")

Charles Drain - What You Don't Know (SonnyDJ Reconstruction 7")

The Voices Of East Harlem - Take A Stand

Greg Perry - Variety Is The Spice Of Life

Jerry Jackson - It's Rough Out There

The Ohio Players - Sweet Sticky Thing

Leon Haywood - I Want To Do Something Freaky To You

Janette Renee - What's On Your Mind

Leon Ware & Janice Siegel - Why I Came To California

Luther Vandross - She's So Good To Me

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-01-11-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Great show Ian. Only caught the second half live (9 am start Eastern Time) but listened to the archive. A few of my favourites were:

Apple - Believe (Opus 1)

The Gap Band - Someday

The vocalist on "For Your Love" is Claytoven Richardson. Have you heard the 2001 remix by Toshiyuki Goto on Flower Records?

Old Night at Studio 54 looks good, just difficult to get signed up.

I'll catch you next week, either live or archive.

Peace,

Mike H

Social source share

Great show Ian. Only caught the second half live (9 am start Eastern Time) but listened to the archive. A few of my favourites were:

Apple - Believe (Opus 1)

The Gap Band - Someday

The vocalist on "For Your Love" is Claytoven Richardson. Have you heard the 2001 remix by Toshiyuki Goto on Flower Records?

Old Night at Studio 54 looks good, just difficult to get signed up.

I'll catch you next week, either live or archive.

Peace,

Mike H

Lovely Mike! Thanks for listening mate - much appreciated. And stick with the Old Night @ Studio 54 people - they're a good bunch and you'll be welcomed! Now I'm gonna check that remix 'cos I haven't heard it!

Social source share

Wow, it's the 3rd show of 2009 already and we're back in the good groove as always and enjoying putting together the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS shows.........

So welcome to all the Sunday afternoon gang for another 2 hours of beautifully sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems put together EVERY WEEK and played LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm and repeated throughout the week on www.starpointradio.com.

Coming up tomorrow..........

Quincy Jones, Blaze Presents UDAUFL, Dan Hartman, Teddy Pendergrass, Stevie Wonder, Today, The System, Stan The Man, Peabo Bryson, Ruby Andrews, The Spinners, Brenda Holloway, Limme & Family Cooking, Marvin Holmes & Justice, Marva Hicks, Willie Hobbs, Dorothy Morrison, Peter Lamarr, Shai, The Sons Of Champlin, Fat Gaines Band, Sergio Mendes, Stevie Wonder and Womack & Womack

Look forward to seeing you @ 2.00pm!

Social source share

Wow, busy old day today what with Junior Giscombe dropping in out of the blue and the phones ringing off the hook with numerous well-wishers! Wonderful stuff and many thanks to all for being such a wonderful audience!

I managed to wreck the headphone socket AGAIN although it was the first time this year. Oh well....I can only keep trying LOL! Enjoy............

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 18th January 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

To download the show simply hit the link below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks plus loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles!

1st Hour

Quincy Jones - Stomp (Frankie Knuckles Mix)

Blaze Presents UDAUFL - Most Precious Love (Dennis Ferrer Mix)

Dan Hartman - The Love In Your Eyes (Frankie Knuckles Mix)

Teddy Pendergrass - You Can't Hide From Yourself

Today - Why You Get Funky On Me

The System - This Is For You

Stan The Man - Breath Of Fresh Air

Peabo Bryson - Paradise

Stevie Wonder - Love Light In Flight

2nd Hour

Ruby Andrews - I've Got A Bone To Pick With You

The Spinners - It's A Shame

Brenda Holloway - All I Do Is Think About You

Limme & Family Cooking - You Can Do Magic

Marvin Holmes & Justice - You'd Better Keep Her

Marva Hicks - Looking Over My Shoulder

Willie Hobbs - Till I Get It Right

Peter Lamarr - Taking You For Granted

Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love Again

The Sons Of Champlin - Here Is Where Your Love Belongs

Fat Gaines Band - For Your Love

Sergio Mendes - The Real Thing

Stevie Wonder - That Girl

Womack & Womack - Baby I'm Scared Of You

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-01-18-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

I just finished listening to the archived show, too many great tracks to separate any favourites this week.

Is the Brenda Holloway track released anywhere? I've had a good look around t'Internet but couldn't see anything.

Thanks,

Mike H

Yep, it's actually on that Universal Music 4 CD box set compiled by Russ. I also think it's on a Brenda Holloway Motown collection. My favorite Motown tune of the moment and a rare Stevie Wonder tune that I managed to miss completely first time around. Just gorgeous isn't it......?

Thanks for listening Mike and glad you appreciate the show!

Best,

Social source share

Can you believe that this is the 4th ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show of 2009 already! Time flies when you're having fun LOL.......

Another WONDERFUL 2 hours of stunningly beautiful music coming up tomorrow folks.......

......so come and join the Sunday afternoon gang for another 2 hours of sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems put together EVERY WEEK and played LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm UK time and repeated throughout the week on the home of soul on the net - www.starpointradio.com.

And the feast of delights tomorrow includes.......

Kathy Sledge, Patti Austin & James Ingram, Chicago Soul Underground feat Kenya Dower, Five Special, Lillo Thomas, The B.B & Q Band, Delight, The Nobles, M.C.B., Main Ingredient, Thelma Houston, The Supremes, Carl Carlton, Joshie Jo Armstead, Cecil Shaw, Almeta Lattimore, Darrell Banks, Yvonne Fair, Paris, Breakwater, Sharon Ridley & Fatback

See you @ 2.00!

Ian D :no:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Can you believe that this is the 4th ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show of 2009 already! Time flies when you're having fun LOL.......

Another WONDERFUL 2 hours of stunningly beautiful music coming up tomorrow folks.......

......so come and join the Sunday afternoon gang for another 2 hours of sublime Soul music spanning 4 decades and a smorgasbord of genres from uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems put together EVERY WEEK and played LIVE every Sunday afternoon between 2.00-4.00pm UK time and repeated throughout the week on the home of soul on the net - www.starpointradio.com.

And the feast of delights tomorrow includes.......

Kathy Sledge, Patti Austin & James Ingram, Chicago Soul Underground feat Kenya Dower, Five Special, Lillo Thomas, The B.B & Q Band, Delight, The Nobles, M.C.B., Main Ingredient, Thelma Houston, The Supremes, Carl Carlton, Joshie Jo Armstead, Cecil Shaw, Almeta Lattimore, Darrell Banks, Yvonne Fair, Paris, Breakwater, Sharon Ridley & Fatback

See you @ 2.00!

Ian D :no:

All being well I should be listening to you live today, having got my running out of the way yesterday, it's catch up time will all the jobs in the house.

Social source share

Can you believe that this is the 4th ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show of 2009 already! Time flies when you're having fun and this week's show really was a gas with lots of interesting subjects bouncing around this week including Youth Clubs, Chickens in ovens, pairs of Levis costing 67 shillings and sixpence back in the day and some nice new bits of terminology like "Wrist- Slashers' and 'Pant-Wetters' LOL......

But as per usual the music takes precedence so here it is..........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 25th January 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Kathy Sledge - Another Star (Classic Roger Sanchez 12" Mix)

Patti Austin & James Ingram - Come To Me (Remix)

Chicago Soul Underground feat Kenya Dower - Surrender

Five Special - The More I Get To Know (Extended Re-Edit)

Brooklyn Express - Girl, You Need A Change Of Mind

Lillo Thomas - I'm In Love

The B.B & Q Band - Time For Love

Delight - Is It Too Late

The Nobles - Jealousy

M.C.B. - I'm The One, You're The One

2nd Hour

Main Ingredient - Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing

Thelma Houston - No One's Gonna Be A Fool Forever

The Supremes - Up The Ladder To The Roof

Carl Graves - Heart Be Still

Carl Carlton - Fighting In The Name Of Love

Cecil Shaw - This I've Got To See

Joshie Jo Armstead - I Got The Vibes

Almeta Lattimore - These Memories

Darrell Banks - I'm The One Who Loves You

Yvonne Fair - It Should Have Been Me

Paris - I Choose You

Breakwater - Work It Out

Sharon Ridley - Changin'

Fatback - So Delicious

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-01-25-Starpoint.mp3

Thanks to all for listening!

Best,

Ian D :P

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Yep, it's actually on that Universal Music 4 CD box set compiled by Russ. I also think it's on a Brenda Holloway Motown collection. My favorite Motown tune of the moment and a rare Stevie Wonder tune that I managed to miss completely first time around. Just gorgeous isn't it......?

Thanks for listening Mike and glad you appreciate the show!

Best,

Ian D :rolleyes:

Thanks, got a copy of the Anthology off the goldsoul website. Stevie's version was a B side to "That Girl" in 1982, I just found it in the archives.

Just finished listening to last Sunday's show....more pants wetters and wrist slashers for this Sunday I hope.

Peace,

Mike H

Social source share

Thanks, got a copy of the Anthology off the goldsoul website. Stevie's version was a B side to "That Girl" in 1982, I just found it in the archives.

Just finished listening to last Sunday's show....more pants wetters and wrist slashers for this Sunday I hope.

Peace,

Mike H

Wow. I didn't realise Stevie even did a version! I'll go check it now - might even be able to slip it in tomorrow.....along with some serious pant-wetters and wrist-slashers!

Cheers Mike!

Ian D :wicked:

Social source share

Blimey, the Sunday Social club clocks up its 5th show of the year. Yep another ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show beckons tomorrow afternoon LIVE between 2.00-4.00pm so please join us for another wonderful 2 hours of uplifting House & Garage, Soulful Disco, Irresistible 80's, Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Crossover Soul, Killer Slowies and Uplifting Gems and make it another Sunday afternoon to savour with what will undoubtedly be a horribly hung-over host LOL......

On www.starpointradio.com - the home of Soul on the internet of course!

Also I'm threatening to be joined in the studio by fellow Starpoint DJ Chris Box who's in town this weekend, so join us and let's have a PAAAAARTY!

Coming up tomorrow........

The Nightwriters, Yolanda Adams, Titus, Jimmy Ruffin, Janice McClain, Halo, Cheryl Hunter, Kleeer, Rome Jeffries, The Supremes, Ed Summers, Tony & Tandy, Universal Mind, The O'Jays, Main Ingredient, Collins & Collins, Lenny Williams, Millie Jackson, Judy Clay & William Bell, Zion Train, Arnie's Love & The Real Thing

See you @ 2.00!

Social source share

Peace,

Mike H

Hey Mike, I went into my own archives, pulled out "That Girl" and hey presto "All I Do" (with abbreviated title) was there on the 'B' side. So I played it on today's show and gave you a shout mate! Good call!

Ian D :boxing:

Social source share

Hey Mike, I went into my own archives, pulled out "That Girl" and hey presto "All I Do" (with abbreviated title) was there on the 'B' side. So I played it on today's show and gave you a shout mate! Good call!

Ian D :boxing:

Hi Ian,

I caught some of the show live today.....enjoyed it and the banter....some real head nodders :boxing:

Thanks for the shout....I'll catch the whle show off the archive during the week.

Mike H

Social source share

Hi Ian,

I caught some of the show live today.....enjoyed it and the banter....some real head nodders mellow.gif

Thanks for the shout....I'll catch the whle show off the archive during the week.

Mike H

LOL, your welcome Mike. Thanks for the tip-off on the Stevie version. Funny that it's been on the shelf all that time and I never even heard it! The whole show is now posted so enjoy!

Best,

Ian D :thumbup:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Well, what an invigorating weekend it turned out to be!

Friday night was spent getting loaded and listening to music all night which was sheer bliss, then Saturday down to Monumental Soul with Nelly, Niki, Girth, Mole and the good Shaun Robbins and the rest of the crew where I bumped into fellow Starpoint stalwart, Chris Box who I then dragged down to the Phoenix Bar in the West End for a mates birthday. One thing led to another and Chris ended crashing at my place and then co-hosted this week's ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show which was FUN, FUN, FUN!

Check it out - link and playlist below! We'll do another double-set of shows the next time Chris is in town for sure!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst and guest Chris Box on Sunday 1st February 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

The Nightwriters - Let The Music (Move You)

Yolanda Adams - Open Your Heart (Steve 'Silk' Hurley Spiritual Workout Mix)

Titus - Don't Worry About Me

Jimmy Ruffin - Tell Me What You Want (Tom Moulton Mix)

Brenda Holloway/Steve Wonder - All I Do Is Think About You/All I Do

Janice McClain - Giving My Love

Halo - Let Me Do It

Cheryl Hunter - It's Your Attitude

Cameo - We're Going Out Tonight

2nd Hour

The Supremes - Stoned Love (Long Version)

Ed Summers - I Can Tell

Tony & Tandy - Bitter With The Sweet

Universal Mind - Reach Out For Me

Main Ingredient - Work To Do

Collins & Collins - You Know How To Make Me Feel Good

Lenny Williams - Cause I Love You

Millie Jackson - Loving Arms

Judy Clay & William Bell - Private Number

Zion Train - Rise

Arnie's Love - I'm Out Of Your Life

The Real Thing - Raining Through My Sunshine

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...1-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Unbelievable!

The curse of the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Show struck again today with our special guest Paul Thrower en route to the show when his 6 month old Saab suddenly died on him 20 miles North of Chichester. Luckily the AA arrived a couple of hours later, towed the car and got him home OK!

So, Paul will now be appearing on the show on Sunday 22nd February which will be one week before Chi-Soul which is on Saturday 28th February! Pending any further mishaps we should get this highly anticipated show then folks!

In the meantime, I got the show together the old way, namely, with lollipop sticks, rubber bands and plenty of great music.......

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 8th February 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Ashford & Simpson - Found A Cure (Tom Moulton Remix)

Flora Cruz - Overcome

Michael Watford - So Into You (Smack Mix)

Outburst Coalition feat Gary L - Help Me

Alexander O'Neal - All True Man (Frankie Knuckles Remix)

Mighty 7 - Call Me

Mink - You Were The One (Too Late)

Masterplan - Loving, Living, Laughing

Roberta Gilliam - All I Want Is My Baby

2nd Hour

Ila Vann - Can't Help Loving That Man

Lee Andrews - I've Had It

The Delfonics - You'll Get Enough

The Pretenders - I Wanna Be

Dave Love - Colalined Baby

Garland Green - Ain't That Good Enough

Voices Of East Harlem - Wanted Dead Or Alive

Lee Garrett - You're My Everything

Gloria Scott - What Am I Gonna Do

The Moments - Sweet, Sweet Lady

Jeanie Reynolds - The Fruit Song

Flowers - For Real

Robert Upchurch - The Devil Made Me Do It

Tommy McGhee - Now That I Have You

J.P. Rogers Jr - All My Lovin'

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-02-08-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Social source share

Just managed to listen to the archived show Ian, an excellent selection as usual.

Ashford & Simpson - Found A Cure....A&S at the top of their game, Tom Moulton as well

Mighty 7 - Call Me....is this a version of the Skyy song...I'll have to have another listen

Roberta Gilliam - All I Want Is My Baby....pure magic

Lee Garrett - You're My Everything....I bought this when it came out on Chrysalis, very soulful for a label best known then for Steeleye Span, Jethro Tull & Leo Sayer biggrin.gif

I'll try and catch the show live this Sunday....if I can get up in time!!!

Peace,

Mike H

Social source share

Just managed to listen to the archived show Ian, an excellent selection as usual.

Ashford & Simpson - Found A Cure....A&S at the top of their game, Tom Moulton as well

Mighty 7 - Call Me....is this a version of the Skyy song...I'll have to have another listen

Roberta Gilliam - All I Want Is My Baby....pure magic

Lee Garrett - You're My Everything....I bought this when it came out on Chrysalis, very soulful for a label best known then for Steeleye Span, Jethro Tull & Leo Sayer :thumbsup:

I'll try and catch the show live this Sunday....if I can get up in time!!!

Peace,

Mike H

LOL, thanks Mike. The Mighty 7 track was a side project from Gee Bello (Light Of The World) and has become something of a collectors item on the Boogie scene in France at the moment.

He's actually my old flatmate, so nice to see some action on this tune 'cos it disappeared without trace when it originally came out.

See ya Sunday, if you're up in time.

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

And coming up today LIVE between 2.00-4.00pm on the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show..........

Ann Nesby, Shadow Kings, Alex Latimore, Stevie Wonder, Syreeta, Fat Larry's Band, Steve Arrington, Val Young, Roberta Flack, Starpoint, Spank, Eddie Foster, The Mylestones, The Dynamics, The Ambers, Denise LaSalle, Tavares, Gene Chandler, The Four Wonders, Jean Wells, Donny Hathaway, The Chi-Lites, Ray, Goodman & Brown, Norman Connors. Michael Henderson, Gary Bartz feat Tawatha Agee and Odyssey/Brand New Heavies

See you @ 2.00pm!

Social source share

OK, the show actually pretty much went without a hitch today apart from me taking a call @ the studio and leaving the mike up all the way through the Gene Chandler track LOL.....at least I didn't swear!

Also got the exclusive play on Neil Thompson's latest work of art - a combination of Odyssey's "Native New Yorker" and The Brand New Heavies "I Don't Know Why I Love You" which I closed the show, so make sure you check it out!

Don't forget that Sir Paul Thrower will now be appearing on the show next week Sunday 22nd February which is one week before Chi-Soul which is on Saturday 28th February! Also Alan Champ, my partner in crime will be dropping in too so make sure you tune the dial nest week!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 15th February 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Ann Nesby - Can I Get A Witness (Mousse T Mix)

Shadow Kings - Soul Music

Alex Latimore - Rush Hour

Stevie Wonder - This World Was Made For All Men

Syreeta - One To One

Fat Larry's Band - Centre City

Steve Arrington - Dancin' In The Key Of Life

Val Young - If You Should Ever Be Lonely

Roberta Flack - Lovin' You (Is Such An Easy Thang To Do)

Starpoint - Bring Your Sweet Loving Back

Spank - Oh Baby

2nd Hour

Eddie Foster - I Never Knew

The Mylestones - Sexy Lady

The Dynamics - Yes I Love You Baby

The Ambers - Potion Of Love

Denise LaSalle - Here I Am Again

Tavares - Too Late

Gene Chandler - Without You Here

The Four Wonders - Just Looking For My Love

Jean Wells - What Have I Got To Lose

The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her

Ray, Goodman & Brown - Another Day

Norman Connors feat Michael Henderson & Phyllis Hyman - We Both Need Each Other

Michael Henderson - In The Night Time

Gary Bartz feat Tawatha Agee - Keep Goin' On

Odyssey/Brand New Heavies - I Don't Know Why I Love A Native New Yorker (Atomix Re-Construction)

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-02-15-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

OK, folks, following an aborted attempt to feature special guest Paul Thrower on the show a couple of weeks due to failings of a 6 month old Saab, we are in fact pleased to announce that Sir Percy will in act be guesting LIVE today on the Original Mastercuts show!

www.starpointradio.com 2.00-4.00pm with Ian Dewhirst, Paul Thrower and Alan Champ. Should be fun!

Best,

Social source share

Well, he finally made it and the wait was well worthwhile!

We're pleased to announce that the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS radio show Pre Chi-Soul Warm-Up with the good Sir Paul Thrower was exactly the feast of wonderful music we'd all been expecting.

Having just listened back to it, it's a nigh-on perfect show covering all the bases and seeped in Soul and now digitised for posterity! So kick back and enjoy 2 hours of intoxicating beautiful music!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show Pre Chi-Soul Warm-Up with Ian Dewhirst and Paul Thrower (plus Alan Champ chortling in the background) on Sunday 22nd February 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

The Motherfunkaz feat Marc Evans - I Don't Want You Anymore

Mama's Children feat Lee Truesdale - Let Us All Be Friends

Hunter Hayes - It's Not Over

WQBC - Love Me Anyway

Aurra - You & Me Tonight

Garland Green - System

Delia Renee - You're Gonna Want Me Back

Kumano - I'll Cry For You

The T.N.J.'s - Don't Forget About Me

Final Touch - I'm Ready To Give Up My Love

2nd Hour

The Dells - It's Not Unusual

Jack Montgomery - Do You Believe It

T.S.U. Toronadoes - I Still Love You

Joe Murphy - So Blue

Mary Wells - Let Yourself Go

L.J. Reynolds - All I Need

The Isley Brothers - Who's That Lady

David Ruffin - I Can't Be Hurt Anymore

Sister Sledge - Smile

Sai Whatt - She's My Woman

Bessie Banks - Ain't No Easy Way

Tyrone Curry - I'm So In Love

Tommy Tate - I Can't Do Enough For You Baby

Sam Dees - Walk On The Edge

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-02-22-Starpoint.mp3

Thanks to all for listening and many thanks to Mr Thrower for an inspired selection!

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

OK, following my little sojourn to Chichester last weekend the ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS show is back LIVE again tomorrow between 2.00-4.00pm.

Starpoint DJ and EMS member Chris Box will be joining me for the show and dropping an 80's set into the second half-hour so expect a rockin' show and then I'll be joining Chris on his show between 6.00-8.00pm so 4 hours of LIVE radio tomorrow only on www.starpointradio.com

Tunes coming up from.....

Ivan Matias, 208 West featuring Diamond Temple and Ray, Goodman & Brown, Jose Burgos feat Kenny Bobien, Linx, A Special 80's session from Chris Box, Don Thomas, Mandrill, Anthony White, The Fabulous Keys, Barbara Hall, Al Hudson & The Soul Partners, Windy City, Donny Hathaway, Kelly Patterson, Nicole feat Timmy Thomas, Al B. Sure, Toni Braxton, Oleta Adams and Jeffrey Osbourne

See you @ 2.00pm sharp!

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Oh to be young again LOL! We welcome the young Chris Box back for the 2nd time in the last couple of months, so following a DJ slot until the early hours he did a quick trip up from deepest Wales to drop in on the show again before doing his own show a couple of hours later. When you're that age you don't need sleep!

Anyway as per usual we had a ball and a musically rockin' time so heeeeere's the download folks!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst and special guest Chris Box on Sunday 8th March 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Ivan Matias - I've Had Enough

280 West feat Diamond Temple with Ray, Goodman & Brown - I Never Knew

Jose Burgos feat Kenny Bobien - For Your Love

Linx - You're Lying - Remix

Steve Myers - Shake Me

Bridge - Baby Don't Hold Your Love Back

Jay Player - Love Is The Answer

Colors - Am I Gonna Be The One

2nd Hour

Don Thomas - Come On Train

Mandrill - My Kind Of Girl

Anthony White - Where Would I Be Without You

The Fabulous Keys - It's Too Late

Barbara Hall - Drop My Heart Off At The Door

Al Hudson & The Soul Partners - I'm About Loving You

Windy City - Hey It's Over

Donny Hathaway - Love Love Love

Kellee Patterson - Turn On The Lights

Nicole feat Timmy Thomas - New York Eyes

Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song

Oleta Adams - Never Knew Love

Jeffrey Osborne - Don't You Get So Mad About It

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...8-Starpoint.mp3

Thanks to all for listening and many thanks to Chris Box for a 300 mile round-trip just to drop in and join the show! Such dedication is rare indeed!

Best,

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Sorry folks, I'm on duty @ Prestatyn this weekend, so it'll be a repeat of an earlier show - I'll try and choose a good one and ask Carl if he'll programme it.

Tune in next week for the Prestatyn report and the usual Sunday afternoon shenanigins!

Toodle Pip and see you next week LIVE!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Yeeeeaaaaayyyyy!

Back with a vengeance! I'm INSPIRED!!!!

That's what a few days in Prestatyn, hearing some great music and making some great contacts will do for you LOL....

A rockin' show coming up this week. It's Mothers Day for a start so I'll be nice to all females (but especially my mum), there'll be a Prestatyn report and there's a strong rumour that EMS stalwart Gary Lee will drop by to see how it's done with oldies LOL......

Like this Gary......

The Isley Brothers, Randy Crawford, Jose Burgos feat Kenny Bobien, The Realm feat Tony Momrelle, DJ Kawasaki, Armed Gang, Status 1V, Lady Peachena, Private Eye, John White, Ashford & Simpson, Gladys Knight & The Pips, The Supremes & The Four Tops, Mel & Tim, Loleatta Holloway, Charles Russell, Johnny Taylor, Sharon McMahon, Mariah Carey/Atomix, Perception, Deborah Cox, Ivan Matias and The Intruders

Will be fun folks! Gary's on tomorrow night for his new show so make sure you keep it www.starpointradio.com.

2.00pm sharp folks. This one's a goodie!

Ian D :ohmy:

PS Many thanks to Steve Handbury, Steve Jeffries and Ian Nichol for some brill sessions! Prestatyn was a gas!

Social source share

Back behind the wheels of steel again after last week's sojourn to the wilds of Prestatyn and we celebrated Mother's Day in style with a special guest appearance from EMS stalwart Gary Lee who will be starting his own show on Starpoint this Monday 23rd March 7.00-9.00pm - make sure you tune in!

Next week my old partner in crime, Alan Champ will be joining me on the show for more Sunday afternoon shenanigans so make sure you join us.

And this week's show? Rockin' all the way folks so heeeeere's the download........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst and special surprise guest Gary Lee on Sunday 22nd March 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

The Isley Brothers - Harvest For The World - Prelude

The Isley Brothers - Harvest For The World - Remix

Randy Crawford - All I Do

Jose Burgos feat Kenny Bobien - For Your Love

The Realm feat Tony Momrelle - Time

DJ Kawasaki - Because Of You

Armed Gang - You

Status 1V - Lovin' You

Lady Peachena - Save Me

Private Eye - No One Can Love You Like Me

Phillip Wynne - Put Your Own Puzzle Together

2nd Hour

Gladys Knight & The Pips - Just Walk In My Shoes - Remix

The Supremes & The Four Tops - Without The One You Love

Mel & Tim - Free For All (Winner Takes All)

Loleatta Holloway - We Did It

Charles Russell - It Ain't Easy

Johnny Taylor - What About My Love

Sharon McMahon - When Will Love Come To Me

Mariah Carey/Atomix Reconstruction - I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time

Perception - Guilty

Deborah Cox - Sentimental

Ivan Matias - Somebody Knows How You Feel

The Intruders - I'll Always Love My Mama - Remix

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-03-22-Starpoint.mp3

Many thanks to Gary Lee for popping in and don't forget Champy is with us next week so let's make it a date again! Many thanks to all for listening and making Sunday afternoon's such a gas!

Best,

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

I just managed to catch up with this on the archive, another great sounding session smile.gif

Another version of All I Do surfaces, I wonder if there are any more out there?

The Kenny Bobien track is one of the best he's done recently, unfortunately no vinyl release.

I bought the Stax Northern compilation when it came out, the tracks on there have fond memories for me in my youth.

Johnnie Taylor & Sharon McMahan are pure soul, I can't get enough of tracks like that.

Social source share

Guest ian nicol

"there is another couple of versions of the track that i have which have been done by

The Four Tops & Maysa "

Social source share

I just managed to catch up with this on the archive, another great sounding session :)

The Kenny Bobien track is one of the best he's done recently, unfortunately no vinyl release.

I bought the Stax Northern compilation when it came out, the tracks on there have fond memories for me in my youth.

Johnnie Taylor & Sharon McMahan are pure soul, I can't get enough of tracks like that.

Yer welcome Mike. Always a pleasure to know you've caught the show mate! This Sunday will be a blast too as my old sparring partner Alan Champ is joining me, plus next week Simon M will be guesting so busy, busy, busy!

Social source share

"there is another couple of versions of the track that i have which have been done by

The Four Tops & Maysa "

If we carry on at this rate we could do a full compilation of covers of "All I Do" LOL! All credit for putting me onto the Randy Crawford version mate! I must have had about 20 calls on that this week. Phenomenal version! :)

Social source share

Don't forget the clocks go forward this week, so don't sleep in LOL!

Posting early this week 'cos I'm anticipating a late one on Saturday night down at Monumental, so I'm prepped for this week's show nice and early for a change!

This week I'm joined by my ex partner in crime Alan Champ and boy do we have a HELLUVA SHOW this week with 2 first-play exclusives.......

Bah Samba/Deborah Cox, David Bendeth, 83 West feat Kenny Bobien, Rodeo Jones, The Love Unlimited Orchestra/Kanye West, Michael Wycoff, The Manhattans, Glen Goldsmith, Jermaine Jackson, Rick James, Jr Walker & The All-Stars, David Ruffin, Chairmen Of The Board, The Funky Sisters, Mel Britt, Betty Swanne, Tutu Jones, Jodi Mathis, Walter Jackson, Zulema, Ronnie Dyson, Rufus, Maxwell, R. Kelly, Faith Evans and Alicia Keys

So looking forward to another Soulful Sunday afternoon session! See you @ 2.00pm Sunday!

Ian D :)

Social source share

The Four Tops & Maysa "

My eyes lit up when I saw the Four Tops.....and after checking the collection....I've got the album with "All I Do" on it.....unbelievable :)

Thanks for bringing it up

Social source share

Well I was still in recovery mode from the previous evening's high jinks @ Monumental with Nicky, Nelly, Gareth, Mole and the rest of the gang so no surprise that the whole show went by in a complete blur LOL.......

......so it was another glorious Sunday afternoon party @ Starpoint Towers as ex Original Mastercuts show co-host Alan Champ joined me for another two hours of glorious music as we see the first glimpses of what will be a brilliant Summer this year........

........and this, of course, is reflected in the music! As per usual the time just zipped by so time to kick back and listen again at leisure so heeeeere's the download folks........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst and special guest Alan Champ on Sunday 29th March 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Deborah Cox/Bah Samba - It's Over Now/Let The Drums Speak - Slumdog Remix

David Bendeth - Feel The Real - Jazz N' Groove Remix

83 West feat Kenny Bobien - When

Rodeo Jones - Natural World

The Love Unlimited Orchestra/Kanye West - Welcome Aboard/Love Lockdown Atomix Mix

Michael Wycoff - Looking Up To You

Jermaine Jackson - You Like Me Don't You

Rick James - Make Love To Me

Teddy Pendergrass - Joy

2nd Hour

Jr Walker & The All-Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love For Me)

David Ruffin - What You Gave Me

Chairmen Of The Board - Bless Your Heart

Betty Swanne - When The Game Is Played On You

Tutu Jones - Just Can't Leave Your Love Alone

Walter Jackson - Let Me Come Back

Zulema - I Want To Be Where You Are

Ronnie Dyson - When You Get Right Down To It

Rufus - Stop On You

Maxwell - Ascension (Don't Ever Wonder)

R. Kelly - Happy People

Faith Evans - Love Like This

Alicia Keys - Karmastition

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-03-29-Starpoint.mp3

Many thanks to Alan for keeping me suitably lubricated throughout the show. Don't forget next week we have the illustrious Simon M guesting and selecting for the whole show. Not to be missed!

See y'all next week!

Best,

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the last few weeks have been like a blur with a plethora of guest appearances from Gary Lee, Alan Champ and Simon M and some fantastic music being aired......

........but this bank holiday's been a blessing 'cos it's given me the chance to find some blinders and boy we have 'em in spades this week. A couple of nice 'first-time on radio exclusives' on a couple of brilliant re-edits and the phenomenal Conrad Jackson track which if you haven't heard it yet is worth the price of the show alone LOL.....

.........also couple of mini-sections this week with the emphasis on just great songs, so we have a wee Burt Bacharach/Hal David burst in the Northern/Modern/Crossover section featuring Dionne Warwick, Lou Johnson and Marva Whitney and a special 'Sunday' themed section going on for the regulars featuring Betty Swann, Jerry Butler and Chaka Khan. Plus did I mention the Jr Walker slice of beauty with the full version Of "Way Back Home" featuring the vocal and instrumental for the first time on radio........?

..........so it'll be an Easter Sunday special this week folks. The idea is that I'll get nicely trashed LIVE on air spinning some great tunes and then wander down to the Northern do @ the I.S.H. later on.........

...........it'll be a messy bank holiday and it starts tomorrow @ 2.00pm featuring tunes from....

Jamie Liddell, Terry Hunter feat Terisa Griffin, Marc Evans, 4-Love, Luther Vandross, First Choice, Kleeer, Change, Hi Gloss, Jimmy & Vella Cameron, The 3rd Degree, Dionne Warwick with Celia Cruz & The Pete Escovedo Orchestra, Lou Johnson, Marva Whitney, L.T. Davies, Harold Melvin & The Blue-Notes, Bettye Swann, Jerry Butler, Chaka Khan, Jr Walker & The All-Stars, Cut Glass, Conrad Jackson, Lisa Shaw & Mark Cappani

Join the madness! See ya tomorrow......

Social source share

Yep, here's the Easter Sunday special which covered a whole realm of eras over the last 45 years and boy, did we cover some ground.......there's almost everything but the kitchen sink in this week's show! A Burt Bacharach and Hal David section featuring Dionne Warwick, Lou Johnson and Marva Whitney which are all Soulful gems plus a 'Sunday' themed section for you regulars featuring Bettye Swann, Jerry Butler and Chaka Khan. Add to that a few exclusives from First Choice, Jr Walker and Conrad Jackson plus the usual burst of great ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS type tunes from all era and styles and that should make for an Easter special!

Anyway, for those of you who missed the show live - enjoy the download and the rest of the bank holiday weekend and I'll see y'all next week!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 12th April 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Jamie Liddell - Another Day

Terry Hunter feat Terisa Griffin - Wonderful

Marc Evans - Reach Out For Love

4-Love - Hold Your Head Up High

Luther Vandross - Follow My Love

First Choice - Love Having You Around - Tony Coote Re-Edit

Kleeer - I've Had Enough (Can' Take Anymore)

Change - Heaven Of My Life

Hi Gloss - I'm Totally Yours

Jimmy & Vella Cameron - Be Fair To Me

2nd Hour

The 3rd Degree - Mercy

Dionne Warwick with Celia Cruz & The Pete Escovedo Orchestra - Do You Know The Way To San Jose

Lou Johnson - Always Something There To Remind Me

Marva Whitney - This Girl's In Love With You

L.T. Davies - Love Recipe

Harold Melvin & The Blue-Notes - Baby I'm Back

Bettye Swann - I Want Sunday Back Again

Jerry Butler - What Do You Do On A Sunday Afternoon?

Chaka Khan - Any Old Sunday

Jr Walker & The All-Stars - Way Back Home - Inst & Voc Full Length Mix

Cut Glass - Rising Cost Of Love

Conrad Jackson - Come Back With Me

Lisa Shaw - Honey

Mark Cappani - I Believe In Miracles

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2009-04-12-Starpoint.mp3

Right! That's enough work for the weekend. I'm off to Northern All-Nighter in the heart of London now to watch Ady Croasdel, Keb Darge, Ginger Taylor, Roger Stewart and Ian Levine work their nuts off!

See y'all next week!

Best,

Social source share

great show Ian, Lots of top tunes,lookin forward already to next weeks show

ian nicol

Lined up now mate! Playlist coming up. A nice exclusive on Brenda St Clair which sounds wicked plus the usual wander across the eras with a few surprises in there!

Well, hey, if you have the ammo........ :thumbsup:

Ian D :shades:

Social source share

Yay! It's gonna be a SUNNY weekend, so get the lappy's out in the garden, whack the speakers up, chill that wine and tune in for the perfect soundtrack to a Sunday afternoon......

......or any afternoon in fact.....

......or anytime come to think of it......

Coming up later today LIVE between 2.00-4.00pm from Starpoint Towers, Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 19th April 2009 on www.starpointradio.com.

So heeeeeere's this week's soundtrack..........

Al Green & Ann Nesby * Dunneasy feat Leslie Cooper* Idris Muhammad * Barbara St Clair * The Jacksons * Evelyn 'Champagne' King * The System * The Chi-Lites * Joy * Rose Royce * The Lovelites * Bobby Hutton * Rhonda Davis * Mel Britt * Tommy Young * The Moments * Kenya Collins * The Persuasions * Cecil Parker * Coffee * Isaac Hayes & Dionne Warwick * The Rippingtons feat Chante Moore * Syleena Johnson * Lorenzo Evans * Phil Perry * Chanel

Hope you can join me for some positively great Soul music from across the spectrum..... .

Laters all.......

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Doesn't life go so much better when the sun comes out? A night, bright breezy show today to reflect my increased exercise now that Summer's here. Also apologies to all the live listeners who caught a decent size chunk of a phone conversation throughout the Lovelites record LOL. It's since been cleaned up, so the download is gaff-free thanks to modern technology and the good Alan Champ who studiously gets the show up week in, week out.....

Anyway welcome once again to a rollicking two hours of musical highlights from the last 4 decades so heeeeeere's this week's soundtrack..........

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst on Sunday 19th April 2009 on everyone's favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

1st Hour

Al Green & Ann Nesby - Put It On Paper - Remix

Dunneasy feat Leslie Carter - Reach For The Sky

Idris Muhammad - For Your Love - Remix

Barbara St Clair - Teacher Man - Atomix Re-Edit

The Jacksons - Heartbreak Hotel

Evelyn 'Champagne' King - Give Me One Reason

The System - I Don't Know How To Say

The Chi-Lites - Changing For You

Joy - The Time Is Right

Rose Royce - Love Is In The Air

2nd Hour

The Lovelites - Get It Off My Conscience

Bobby Hutton - It's All Been Said Before

Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember

Mel Britt - She'll Come Running Back

Tommy Young - That's All A Part Of Loving Him

Kenya Collins - Barnabus Collins - Love Bandit

The Persuasions - One Thing On My Mind

Cecil Parker - I Think I'll Tell Her

Coffee - Love's Alive

Isaac Hayes & Dionne Warwick - Can't Hide Love - Live

The Rippingtons feat Chante Moore - Until You Come Back To Me

Syleena Johnson - Special Occasion

Lorenzo Evans - Wanna See You Smile

Phil Perry - The Way That I Want You

Chanel - My Life

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-...9-Starpoint.mp3

See y'all next week!

Best,

Ian D :unsure:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Hi Ian - I had a chance to listen yesterday for a while and enjoyed what I heard. Even the banter about the phone call from your chum and the public transport caper...

Carl

Social source share

Hi Ian - I had a chance to listen yesterday for a while and enjoyed what I heard. Even the banter about the phone call from your chum and the public transport caper...

Carl

LOL, I had to edit that out for the download mate! Good job I didn't say anything too contentious LOL. I sometimes get caught in between the politics between Advertising/Radio/Magazines/Gigs etc, etc. All good fun though and the show's a pleasure. Glad you enjoyed it. Catch the download 'cos I'm pretty happy with this week's show.........

How are you getting on with your tracks by the way? 'Bout time I heard a bit more........... :thumbsup:

Ian D :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!