I.t.s. Very Important Please Read This

sjay

I.T.S.SPALDING on the 31st October is going to be a very special event as we are running it as a special cancer charity fundraiser but with a difference...............................................................

As it falls near to my 50th birthday I would like to have a bit of a party to celebrate and all that so everyone that wishes to attend is welcome to do so (first come first served!!) absolutely free of charge , during the evening we will hold a collection and raffle (we have allready had some generous donations of prizes but the more the merrier ( so come on anyone that wants to help!!) along with lots of guests contributing their DJ services on the night.

All you need to do is email me to reserve you place on the guest list easy as that oldbarnants@aol.com

50thbirthdayfinal.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Lets give this night the support it deserves .

Small world we live in Steve .had few days down Yarmouth , whilst down there bumped into Janette .seeing her smiling and happy makes this night even more worth while .

Come along to this and putt your hand in your pocket regardless what your music preference is and in doing so making the lives of Janette's and many others who suffer from cancer a better one . :thumbsup:

Andy

Lets give this night the support it deserves .

Small world we live in Steve .had few days down Yarmouth , whilst down there bumped into Janette .seeing her smiling and happy makes this night even more worth while .

Come along to this and putt your hand in your pocket regardless what your music preference is and in doing so making the lives of Janette's and many others who suffer from cancer a better one . thumbsup.gif

Andy

Andy I couldnt have said it better myself , thanks for the post and a HUGE thank you for your donation of a raffle prize !!!!

This isnt a night for anything else than to invite everyone down whether you are an ITS regular attendee or not , I been active on this scene since 1976 and would love to see some of the old faces come along and enjoy it for what it is , a bit of a party with some nice music and a chance to raise some money for a very good cause :thumbsup: .

Come on everyone please get involved,

steve

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

We sadly missed the last couple of I.T.S. do's due to a prior a engagement and our holiday, however, we won't be missing this one. Me and Maz are realy looking forward to helping you celebrate your 50th properly especially after you helped me to celebrate my 52nd.

The I.T.S. do's are always a special event, what with the excellent facilities, cheap drinks, lovely people, and most importantly the very best in SOUL MUSIC this time you are going one better by making it FREE ENTRY. Lastly we mustn't forget the CHARITY RAFFLE! Please put me down for a large bottle of Jack Daniels as a raffle prize.

Looks like this one could get a bit messy (especially if I win the Jack Daniels) so would be grateful if you PM me a list of hotels then we can enjoy it to the full without worrying about falling foul of the law.

See you all soon Mel and Maz

Hi Steve,

We sadly missed the last couple of I.T.S. do's due to a prior a engagement and our holiday, however, we won't be missing this one. Me and Maz are realy looking forward to helping you celebrate your 50th properly especially after you helped me to celebrate my 52nd.

The I.T.S. do's are always a special event, what with the excellent facilities, cheap drinks, lovely people, and most importantly the very best in SOUL MUSIC this time you are going one better by making it FREE ENTRY. Lastly we mustn't forget the CHARITY RAFFLE! Please put me down for a large bottle of Jack Daniels as a raffle prize.

Looks like this one could get a bit messy (especially if I win the Jack Daniels) so would be grateful if you PM me a list of hotels then we can enjoy it to the full without worrying about falling foul of the law.

See you all soon Mel and Maz

Thanks for the generous offer of the raffle prize Mel , and for the kind words of support for this special event :thumbsup: !!

Had a great time in your company (as always ) at Prestatyn over the weekend , now we have to make sure everyone is aware of what this night is about, Getting some interst for this one now , please dont hesitate or be shy just email oldbarnants@aol.com and get your name down,you dont have to be a regular or anything like that this is an open invitation to everyone to have a free night out and raise some money for a very worthwhile cause.......DJs include myself ,kev laws , andy riley , barry cooper , max rees , dave hayden , and rupe ,so come on lets be having you!!!!!!!!.....................................

As this event is basically just our attempt at raising money for the Macmillan nurses , as this year we have personally come to realise what a fantastic job they do , myself and Rob wanted to do something to help.

So we decided on just putting on a free night (will be nice to celebrate my 50th with everyone) ,but PLEASE dont get me any cards or presents whatsover ,just PLEASE come along and support it as my guests and give something to the collection on the night and but some raffle tickets and help us raise some money.

The night is not for politics , arguments over musical preferences etc . etc . just come along and join the party , enjoy it for what is is and help us raise as much money as possible ,any donations of prizes for the raffle will also be most welcome smiley.gif.

PLEASE REMEMBER EVERYONE IS WELCOME SO GET YOUR NAME ON THE GUEST LIST!!

email me oldbarnants@aol.com

steve

Hey Steve,

I had a very special time at Prestatyn and I have to say a great big thanks to you and Theresa, also Janette and Kev for making it so.

Looking forward very much to seeing you all again on the 31st of October at your Birthday bash when we can carry on where we left off.

It looks like its bound to be a kick arse night with the DJ's you have booked especially Mr. AI Soul Club Barry Cooper, always love his set's.

Be good to meet up with you again Andy, I think the last time we met was at an I.T.S. do early in the summer.

Don't forget Peeps these lovely people are putting this night on for free to raise money for a brilliant cause, the Macmillan nurses, so the least we can do is go along and support them and I'm thinking it's free to get in, cheep beer, good company, great SOUL music and its for charity, bring it on.

We hope to see you there, Mel and Maz.

Sorry to keep on about it but does anybody Know any hotels close to the venue cos would like to get booked in?

Cheers, Melvyn

Sorry to take so long Mel,If anyone is looking for accomodation here are a few...........................

TRAVEL STOP....01775767290 HIGH BRIDGE G/H....01775725810 BELVOIR G/H....01775723901 OLD GATE HOUSE....01775710445 QUEENS GATE HOTEL....01775711929 ALL WITHIN AROUND A MILE FROM VENUE, SAM STAYED AT TRAVEL STOP AND SAID HE WAS WELL LOOKED AFTER.

PS the queens is just about within staggering distance of the venue :)

Steve

Edited by sjay

Sorry to take so long Mel,If anyone is looking for accomodation here are a few...........................

TRAVEL STOP....01775767290 HIGH BRIDGE G/H....01775725810 BELVOIR G/H....01775723901 OLD GATE HOUSE....01775710445 QUEENS GATE HOTEL....01775711929 ALL WITHIN AROUND A MILE FROM VENUE, SAM STAYED AT TRAVEL STOP AND SAID HE WAS WELL LOOKED AFTER.

PS the queens is just about within staggering distance of the venue :)

Steve

My raffle prize and donation to your charity should be with you Wed next week, sorry Kay and I can't make it wink.gif

PS the queens is just about within staggering distance of the venue whistling.gif

Steve

Thanks for that mate. Was getting a bit worried for a bit thought I might have to miss out on all that cheap beer and as its your birthday celebrations staying sober is out of the question.

Laters Mel and Maz

I.T.S.SPALDING on the 31st October is going to be a very special event as we are running it as a special cancer charity fundraiser but with a difference...............................................................

As it falls near to my 50th birthday I would like to have a bit of a party to celebrate and all that so everyone that wishes to attend is welcome to do so (first come first served!!) absolutely free of charge , during the evening we will hold a collection and raffle (we have allready had some generous donations of prizes but the more the merrier ( so come on anyone that wants to help!!) along with lots of guests contributing their DJ services on the night.

All you need to do is email me to reserve you place on the guest list easy as that oldbarnants@aol.com

50thbirthdayfinal.jpg

This is a not to be missed charity night for raising money for cancer, free entry for all (just have to let Steve know your name(s)) but with a chance to donate towards the charity with the raffle.

Great venue this is with some really friendly people who will make you feel most welcome, its all for a great cause, you also have a cheap bar, great sounds to listen &/or dance to, so all in all it well worth the trip so lets make it a night to remember.

See you there

Barry

This is a not to be missed charity night for raising money for cancer, free entry for all (just have to let Steve know your name(s)) but with a chance to donate towards the charity with the raffle.

Great venue this is with some really friendly people who will make you feel most welcome, its all for a great cause, you also have a cheap bar, great sounds to listen &/or dance to, so all in all it well worth the trip so lets make it a night to remember.

See you there

Barry

Hi Barry hope you're ok.

I'll be there and I'm looking forward to dancing to your tunes as usual. If you play Family by the Dream girls I'll donate a fiver on the night.

Cheers, all the best, Melvyn

Hi Barry hope you're ok.

I'll be there and I'm looking forward to dancing to your tunes as usual. If you play Family by the Dream girls I'll donate a fiver on the night.

Cheers, all the best, Melvyn

How you doing Mel, done deal & I'll add a fiver too, be good to see you again miss saying goodbye at A1 soul.

See you on the 31st mate.

Barry

How you doing Mel, done deal & I'll add a fiver too, be good to see you again miss saying goodbye at A1 soul.

See you on the 31st mate.

Barry

Hi Barry

Doing ok mate. Sorry I missed you at the end of yet another brilliant A1 Soul Club night but her who must be obeyed said its time to go so we went. Never mind will catch up with you at the I.T.S. Charity night.

Anybody else out there coming apart from me, Maz and the DJ's.

Don't forget its FREE to get in.

The Bar is VERY CHEEP.

Its all in aid of a wonderful charity THE MACMILLAN NURSES.

Last but by no means least, we mustn't forget of course that its STEVE JAY'S 50th BIRTHDAY!!! Yippee.........Party on Dude!!!

See ya soon, Melvyn

Thanks Paul ( and Trish) looks like there could be a bit of a Herts invasion for this :( ,youre all such very nice folks down there it would be a pleasure to have you along to enjoy our Lincolnshire hospitality :g: .

Melvyn thanks as always for your unwavering support for all our events , especially for this as it is for a cause so close to our hearts that we really hope to pack the place out and raise a sizeable sum for the Macmillan Nurses.

Barry thanks as always to you , especially so for so quickly offering to DJ for us as soon as I asked for any help with this special night , thanks so much mate thumbsup.gif .

Well Im pleasesd to report that interest is building very very nicely for this , with requests for tickets and a special BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has kindly donated such wonderful raffle prizes!!!!

PLEASE REMEMBER EVERYONE IS WELCOME SO GET YOUR NAME ON THE GUEST LIST!!

email me oldbarnants@aol.com

Steve

Edited by sjay
Guest whippet

Lets see a good turn out for this as Steve is one of the best blokes on the scene.

He has asked me to say NO PRESENTS or CARDS please just dig deep in you pockets for a collection to go to a cancer related charity.

This is a cause very close to Steve and Theresa's heart and they want everyone to come enjoy themselves and raise loads for charity.

Mr Darcy I hope you and the Northhampton crew will be in attendance you were missed the other month.

Thanks as always for the post Whippet(and for your kind donation of the raffle prizes!!) getting some nice feedback for this now adding names to the guestlist as we speak :D !!

Onething that I do want to stress is that although were putting it on as my 50th (ish really as its already happened Im now officially a grumpy old man :thumbsup::lol: ) I would like to stress that this night is really nothing about me , although its great to be able to have a birthday bash and invite everyone to the party , ITS ALL ABOUT THE MACMILLAN NURSES .

PLEASE NO CARDS OR PRESENTS FOR ME , all I desire is your good company , and instead PLEASE GIVE SOMETHING TO THE COLLECTION ON THE NIGHT ,AND BUY SOME RAFFLE TICKETS and help us raise as much as possible , that Is what the night is all about.

So looking forward to it now!!

Steve

Max & I looking forward to a good one...... not sure about getting Max into the car after all the black stuff he will have ! ........also was not sure what charity to give to from St Ive's reunion profits, but will give 50p from every ticket sold and everyone that pays on the door to MACMILLAN NURSES.... so should be £250 plus biggrin.gif ..... maybe more as almost sold out !

all the best

David

Max & I looking forward to a good one...... not sure about getting Max into the car after all the black stuff he will have ! ........also was not sure what charity to give to from St Ive's reunion profits, but will give 50p from every ticket sold and everyone that pays on the door to MACMILLAN NURSES.... so should be £250 plus biggrin.gif ..... maybe more as almost sold out !

all the best

David

Hi David ,I was going to put you and Max un late in the night , but I might have to change that as I had forgotten how much Max enjoys the CHEAP BAR :thumbsup: ...................

Looks like being a fantastic weekend for us ,this one on friday then on Saturday so looking forward to Djing in the small room at St Ives , as I said it must be 30 years since I was a resident there with Ken Cox(playing Oldies !!!! :lol::D ), once again thanks to you and Max for generously offering to DJ at Spalding to help us raise some money , and a HUGE THANK YOU for the St Ives reunion donation :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Steve

Steve any chance of Shaun Robbins joining us and spinning a few tunes.

Whippet Shaun is always very welcome at ITS as far as this time , well hes had his invute , the same as everyone else , well wait and see!!

Come on everyone , get your name down !!

Steve

Steve I know Shaun mentioned it on his Sunday show so lets hope fingers crossed.

Yes a huge thank you to Shaun who has ,as always been very very kind enough to give ITS a mention on the Sunday Soul Selection :(:thumbsup: looking all set for a great night on friday the night is starting early at 7.30 pm with an early doors spot from none other than (my old school mate , yes Ive known him that long!!) Spaldings very own Soul Stalwart Jez Porter who kindly volunteered to join us behind the decks. To anyone thats not been to this particular venue before here are the details..........................

The Spalding Services and Social Club High Street .Spalding Postcode PE 11 1TX directions as follows..................

The address is 24 high street. Directions from the Springfields roundabout on the A16 bypass (A151 junction):

head into spalding to the 2 bridges roundabout, do not go over the river carry straight on on the same side of the river along Commercial Road this then becomes a 1 way streeet at the start of High Street just round a slight bend in the road the club is on the left with a large car park beside it.

Hope that helps Any equiries pm me or tel 0795 6677228

Really nice room capacity 150 plenty of comfortable seating and tables, large dancefloor and best of all the cheapest bar in all of East Anglia!!!!

Se ya there

Steve

Edited by sjay

This Friday Steve Jackosn fine ole boy he is has his 50th party at his soul night in Spalding Lincs, he's funding the night to give everybody FREE ENTRY however the night is all about raising money for McMillan who looked after one of the worlds finest from Norwich during her recent illness. Mr and Mrs Laws Ive given Steve a few bits and hope the night is real winner for all the right reasons.

Ive donated a 720mm x 500mm framed print of the Peterborough Phoenix Badge plus two photos of the Wirrina all-nighter. Kev was a regular at the Wirrina in the good ole day. so cant think of a better charity night to give it to.

Photos will follow from Steve J later as I went over to his place this morning with bits and pieces, hope Steve can upload later tonight 1 of the Wirrina Print and one of the McMillan Chq.

I can't amke it do to 'mitigating circumstances' however for those that do support the evening........

"enjoy the fooker"

Cya PD

So looking forward to this, I'll be bringing our donations on the night Steve, let's hope for a great turnout for such a worthy cause, free entry with raffle to raise money for the Macmillan fund, so as they say in Norwich "C'ome Let's Be Havin' Yer"

Oh and by the way always great sounds at this venue.

Barry

Paul thanks so much for taking the time to personally deliver your most geneous raffle prizes to me , along with the chq for £100 :thumbup: for our charity bash on friday!!

The live at the torch cd (from which youve done a fantastic fundraising job!!) along with the granite chopping block will be added to the long list of raffle prizes. Your framed phoenix memorabilia is something so very unique that I think we will do as you suggested and raffle it on the night .

Once again Paul thanks for your generosity and if your circumstances change it would be lovely to see you there in person :yes: .

Barry ITS fast approaching now thanks more than ever for your stalwart support of all our events but especially for your generosity with this special one :thumbup::thumbup: , hoping this will be a night to remember!!

PD001-1.jpg

PD007.jpg

PD006.jpg

PD005.jpg

Just an update to anyone interested , my co promoter has just been on the phone and as a suprise he has made 100 cds to be given away free to the first 100 though the door (they even come complete with a nice little verse on the sleeve that hes written in his own very unique style :huh::lol::thumbup: especially for the occasion) up till 3a.m. last night so he tells me , bless him!!

So thanks for that Rob an unexpected and most welcome gesture for the night :lol: .

Still getting calls about it , capacity (legal )is 150 thinking we might get close , but there are always those that dont make it for one or another reason on the night so still happy for a few more (we dont count too well in the fens unless we need to) so im absolutely positive we will not be turning anyone away,sorting a few special tunes out to play (inc RAPHAEL SAADIQ) :shades:

See ya there

Steve

Edited by sjay

Will save a table near a radiator for you then mate , or you can just sweat it out on the dancefloor!!!!

Fantastic response and some very very generous donations of cash and raffle prizes and spke to David Hayden last night regarding St Ives tmorrow and he has pledged a sizeable donation from the excellent ticket sales for that event , so thanks for that very generous gesture David

last post from me ive got a busy day ahead see ya tonight

steve

Edited by sjay