Rock Candy - Alone With No Love

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

When you decide to sell it, let me know as I want to buy it my missus for her birthday (June).

WOOF!

link

You're welcome to but it now mate, save me listing it - it's only VG mind, some light noise right at the start but having said that, my VG's are pretty good and also I haven't cleaned it yet. Wouldn't want book price obviously

Social source share

You're welcome to but it now mate, save me listing it - it's only VG mind, some light noise right at the start but having said that, my VG's are pretty good and also I haven't cleaned it yet.  Wouldn't want book price obviously

link

I've had two yellow copies and they both sounded like they were recorded under water. Are the blue ones any different or is it just the recording itself that's a bit wobbly?

Godz

Social source share

It'll do until I can find a minter for her.

Let me know how much by PM.

WOOF!

link

Bit difficult as I don't know what it's worth in any condition, if only someone would bring out a soul price guide :wicked:

last time I had it it was a blue label and I sold it for £40, that was about 4 years ago..

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

When you decide to sell it, let me know as I want to buy it my missus for her birthday (June).

WOOF!

link

I thought your missus was called Becky not June :wicked:

Shane

Social source share

Bit difficult as I don't know what it's worth in any condition, if only someone would bring out a soul price guide  :wicked:

last time I had it it was a blue label and I sold it for £40, that was about 4 years ago..

link

Mint guide prices as follows..

Tim Brown £75

Manship £100 (robbing get lol)

WOOF!

Social source share

I've had two yellow copies and they both sounded like they were recorded under water. Are the blue ones any different or is it just the recording itself that's a bit wobbly?

Godz

link

Think it's something to do with the label. All copies of the Blendels "Did you mean" sound shite (now that is a BRILLIANT record :wicked: )

Yeah, but what does he put it on his list at ?

link

£450 :lol:

Social source share

THE CONTEMPLATIONS  THE OTHER BAND WHO RELEASED THE SAME TRACK ON THE SAME LABEL..

THEY BOTH SOUND IDENTICAL DONT THEY ??

OR IS IT JUST MY HIGHLAND EARS?

THE GASHER

link

Always thought, with never asking, that they were one of the same "a la" Ideals and Mighty Lovers.... on Dontee but loads more ££££'s....

Social source share

Think it's something to do with the label. All copies of the Blendels "Did you mean" sound shite (now that is a BRILLIANT record :wicked: )

£450 :lol:

link

Mark,

Do you have a Major IV ' I Dont Believe In Losing' on Venture ?

Social source share

THE CONTEMPLATIONS  THE OTHER BAND WHO RELEASED THE SAME TRACK ON THE SAME LABEL..

THE GASHER

link

Its the exact same recording, same band. Why it was put out again thinking it would sell some being called rock candy??!!

They used the same plates, matrix no's etc exactly the same on both.

Social source share

Always thought, with never asking, that they were one of the same "a la" Ideals and Mighty Lovers.... on Dontee but loads more ££££'s....

link

Its the exact same recording, same band. Why it was put out again thinking it would sell some being called rock candy??!!

They used the same plates, matrix no's etc exactly the same on both.

link

Cheers for clarifying that Dave :wicked: ....

Social source share

Had this myself on a white demo but swopped it with a mate for a the blue issue and a few records I liked. No idea how much the demo goes for, anyone know?

Social source share

THE GASHER

link

Originally issued in 68 as Contemplations with instrumental B side.

Renamed as Rock Candy came out as a B side in about 72 I think.

It is the same track.

Martyn

Social source share

rock candy,and contemplations are the same group,rock candy released later,the only difference is the price,contemplations has gone for around £350-500,where as rock candy is a lot cheaper..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!