No Angels - Lots Of Northern

Don't know if this thread came up before but the comedy/drama series "No Angels" on channel 4 contains a serious amount of northern and it's seriously funny too. If you haven't seen it, it's about four nurses who spend their time drinking, cursing and shagging which is a pretty good reason to watch it. At the end of last night's show there was a female version of Joe Tex's "Show Me". Never heard it before and it was quite tasty. This is probably a well known tune but as I've always said, one man's oldie is another man's newie.

Anyone know what it is?

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Don't know if this thread came up before but the comedy/drama series "No Angels" on channel 4 contains a serious amount of northern and it's seriously funny too.

link

No angels, the program about nurses that was on the other night had loads of northern and motown the whole way through.

It did last series too.

link

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Don't know if this thread came up before but the comedy/drama series "No Angels" on channel 4 contains a serious amount of northern and it's seriously funny too. If you haven't seen it, it's about four nurses who spend their time drinking, cursing and shagging which is a pretty good reason to watch it. At the end of last night's show there was a female version of Joe Tex's "Show Me". Never heard it before and it was quite tasty. This is probably a well known tune but as I've always said, one man's oldie is another man's newie.

Anyone know what it is?

link

Think the "show me " version will be Ketty Lester a cheapie

Social source share

Think the "show me " version will be Ketty Lester a cheapie

link

One of the first records i ever bought,light blue thing on Tree i think this 27+years ago you know,think they might be boots though because i got this with the other version of investergate,whitch was deffo a boot,Show me is very good though better than J Tex if i might say so.Ken

Social source share

One of the first records i ever bought,light blue thing on Tree i think this 27+years ago you know,think they might be boots though because i got this with the other version of investergate,whitch was deffo a boot,Show me is very good though better than J Tex if i might say so.Ken

link

"Pete" is the label for this..... it's grey......

WOOF!

Social source share

"Pete" is the label for this..... it's grey......

WOOF!

link

Ye your right,but now thinking about it,it was grey,but the investergate was green,and not red like original,and when you held them to the light they where purple.Ken

Social source share

got a copy of the ketty lester show me on pete light blue label in sales box

has since i fell for you on the b side looks ex condition going cheap if anyones interested

link

Well i never,i was right first go!,still think this is a boot though,like the sound of the grey one though,this is the right one me thinks?.Ken

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!