Soulvation @ The Connaught, W'ton Sep 26 - Price Reduction

SOULVATION @ THE CONNAUGHT HOTEL, WOLVERHAMPTON

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 26 - 8PM TILL 1.30AM

AT THE AUGUST SOULVATION EVENT AT THE CONNAUGHT WE GOT CAUGHT UP IN TWO MIX UPS FROM THE HOTEL - THE DANCEFLOOR IN THE UPSTAIRS BALLROOM WAS GIVEN ONE OF ITS' TWICE A YEAR SPECIAL POLISHES ON THE AFTERNOON OF THE GIG AND WAS AS SLIPPY AS AN ICE RINK ON THE NIGHT AND THEN TO TOP THAT THE STAFF AT THE HOTEL INSISTED ON STOPPING THE MUSIC AT IAM NOT 1.30AM.

THE CONNAUGHT MANAGER IS WELL ON THE BALL BUT WAS NOT ON DUTY ON THE NIGHT AND HAS ASKED FOR US TO PASS ON HIS PROFUSE APOLOGIES.

TO TRY AND MAKE AMENDS WE ARE REDUCING ADMISSION FROM £6 TO £3 FOR EVERYONE WHO GETS THERE BY 10PM.AFTER THAT IT IS THE REGULAR £6.

UPSTAIRS BALLROOM - THE BEST IN NORTHERN/MOTWN AND RARE SOUL WITH GUESTS DAVE THORLEY AND PHIL RICHARDS PLUS NEIL RUSHTON AND HITSVILLE CHALKY.

DOWNSTAIRS CELLAR BAR - THE ALTERNATE ROOM ENCOMPASSING X-OVER/MODERN/JAZZ FUNK/SOULFUL HOUSE WITH DAVE THORLEY - MALAYKA - JOHN FISHER - DAVID HULMES - NEIL RUSHTON

INFO - WWW.SOULVATION.BIZ

Connaught_flyer2.pdf

• Replies 29
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

AT THE AUGUST SOULVATION EVENT AT THE CONNAUGHT WE GOT CAUGHT UP IN TWO MIX UPS FROM THE HOTEL - THE DANCEFLOOR IN THE UPSTAIRS BALLROOM WAS GIVEN ONE OF ITS' TWICE A YEAR SPECIAL POLISHES ON THE AFTERNOON OF THE GIG AND WAS AS SLIPPY AS AN ICE RINK ON THE NIGHT AND THEN TO TOP THAT THE STAFF AT THE HOTEL INSISTED ON STOPPING THE MUSIC AT IAM NOT 1.30AM.

THE CONNAUGHT MANAGER IS WELL ON THE BALL BUT WAS NOT ON DUTY ON THE NIGHT AND HAS ASKED FOR US TO PASS ON HIS PROFUSE APOLOGIES.

TO TRY AND MAKE AMENDS WE ARE REDUCING ADMISSION FROM £6 TO £3 FOR EVERYONE WHO GETS THERE BY 10PM.AFTER THAT IT IS THE REGULAR £6.

UPSTAIRS BALLROOM - THE BEST IN NORTHERN/MOTWN AND RARE SOUL WITH GUESTS DAVE THORLEY AND PHIL RICHARDS PLUS NEIL RUSHTON AND HITSVILLE CHALKY.

DOWNSTAIRS CELLAR BAR - THE ALTERNATE ROOM ENCOMPASSING X-OVER/MODERN/JAZZ FUNK/SOULFUL HOUSE WITH DAVE THORLEY - MALAYKA - JOHN FISHER - DAVID HULMES - NEIL RUSHTON

what a very nice man that mr rushton is!! £3 admission before 10pm"bargain"

I tried out the ballroom dance floor and it was fine to me, but as a dancer l know how frustrating it can be if the floor is'nt right for you, l know there were some distainful comments about the floor, but that is'nt the fault of the promoters who in my opinion always try and put on a great night for our enjoyment,l've never had any cause to complain about the Soulvation Venues, The floor might of been crap but the music was'nt , top class in both rooms.

Looking forward to next friday, good line up of D.J.'s yet again Dave Thorley what a star guy, Dave if you have Love Child Afro Cuban Blues Band/ Life & Death In G & A, would be great to hear it played out so that l can dance my ass off to it,

Downstairs in the modern room my old mate and adopted son David Hulmes, will l have no doubt be playing a fantastic spot,

as will Neil and John.

Please dont let last months setback put you off, these promoters work hard to put a decent night on, give them your support.................you know it makes sense rolleyes.gif

Sandi

Looking forward to Mr Thorley this Friday, for me Dave has always been a great DJ, with the ability to pull out things from what may have been thought left-field, that is until he plays them, leaving us all wishing we had seen them ourselves.......i'll bet you'll all have ones that did it for you , so im not gonna list stuff

With Malayka and David in support the modern rooms musical quality will again be of the highest standard, as of course is the case upstairs...as for the reported dance floor probs last time...i only did a few forays upstairs but i had no probs....leather soles were once a requisite....infact ive only ever once been to a soul venue in no leather soled shoes, and D Shaw pot that photo of my daft red Pods in his book, ouch!...oh! and to put the record straight the photo was Clifton Hall not Wigan

See y'all Fri

PH

Looking forward to Mr Thorley this Friday, for me Dave has always been a great DJ, with the ability to pull out things from what may have been thought left-field, that is until he plays them, leaving us all wishing we had seen them ourselves.......i'll bet you'll all have ones that did it for you , so im not gonna list stuff

With Malayka and David in support the modern rooms musical quality will again be of the highest standard, as of course is the case upstairs...as for the reported dance floor probs last time...i only did a few forays upstairs but i had no probs....leather soles were once a requisite....infact ive only ever once been to a soul venue in no leather soled shoes, and D Shaw pot that photo of my daft red Pods in his book, ouch!...oh! and to put the record straight the photo was Clifton Hall not Wigan

See y'all Fri

PH

nice one harpo!!

some top guests again for "soulvation" @ the connaught

will be good to catch mr thorley in action "top dog" & great to see "phil richards" back at one of his old stompin' grounds!! two rooms full of magical music!!

max..

Guest Angela Lawrence

The dance floor is being re polished right now and I hope to be the first one on it! Looking foreward to another great night at the Connaught. www.soulvation.biz

Guest Angela Lawrence

go Mrs Scrubbit !!

How very dare you Pete! I must confess to running back and from Lea Hall to Connaught with the polish they use but still...........

Well , I'm thinking , Los Canarios

get on your knees !

hi pete!! nice addition to the collection mate!!

max..

well it looks like the dance floor will be in pristine condition for the dancers!! so c'mon get yourselves down to "soulvation" @ the "connaught" for another great two room event!!

"soulvation" @ the "connaught" on friday 8pm til 1-30am bar til 1am

I tried out the ballroom dance floor and it was fine to me, but as a dancer l know how frustrating it can be if the floor is'nt right for you, l know there were some distainful comments about the floor, but that is'nt the fault of the promoters who in my opinion always try and put on a great night for our enjoyment,l've never had any cause to complain about the Soulvation Venues, The floor might of been crap but the music was'nt , top class in both rooms.

Looking forward to next friday, good line up of D.J.'s yet again Dave Thorley what a star guy, Dave if you have Love Child Afro Cuban Blues Band/ Life & Death In G & A, would be great to hear it played out so that l can dance my ass off to it,

Downstairs in the modern room my old mate and adopted son David Hulmes, will l have no doubt be playing a fantastic spot,

as will Neil and John.

Please dont let last months setback put you off, these promoters work hard to put a decent night on, give them your support.................you know it makes sense :thumbsup:

Sandi

Hi Sandi

Really looking forward this friday and the chance to do both rooms. Don't have Afro Cuban, but intend bringing along some nice Mecca/Ritz toones as they went do so well the other week at Lea Hall.

See you tomorrow.

Dave

Looks like being a busy night.

Don't forget admission is £3 up till 10pm, after that it's the regular £6.

DJ Times are

Upstairs - Northern

-------------------

8pm till 9pm - Neil Rushton

9pm till 11pm - Hitsville Chalky

11pm till Midnight - Phil Richards

12pm till 1am - Dave Thorley

1am till 1.30am - Neil Rushton

Downstairs - Alternate

----------------------

9pm till 9.45pm - John Fisher

9.45pm till 10.30pm - David Hulmes

10.3pm till Midnight - Dave Thorley & Malayka

Midnight till 12.45am - John Fisher

12.45am till 1.30am - David Hulmes

www.soulvation.biz

Web site now updated and well worth a look, especially for the Brian "45" Phillips Twsited Wheel bits.

Looks like being a busy night.

Don't forget admission is £3 up till 10pm, after that it's the regular £6.

DJ Times are

Upstairs - Northern

-------------------

8pm till 9pm - Neil Rushton

9pm till 11pm - Hitsville Chalky

11pm till Midnight - Phil Richards

12pm till 1am - Dave Thorley

1am till 1.30am - Neil Rushton

Downstairs - Alternate

----------------------

9pm till 9.45pm - John Fisher

9.45pm till 10.30pm - David Hulmes

10.3pm till Midnight - Dave Thorley & Malayka

Midnight till 12.45am - John Fisher

12.45am till 1.30am - David Hulmes

www.soulvation.biz

Web site now updated and well worth a look, especially for the Brian "45" Phillips Twsited Wheel bits.

great line-up!! another top "soulvation" event!! two rooms of magic music!!

max..

Source Advert