Carol Anderson - Sad Girl

Peter99

Great record this. Definitely one of my favourite seventies tunes.

We had a bit of a discussion about this on here recently - which included some discussion about the flip, which I had never bothered to play before I sold the record!

Anyway - I knew it was a few bob, but just seen it on Pat Brady's auction currently at £320 with a few days to go.

Sold my minter for £50 not so many moons ago.

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'll Get Off At The Next Stop is one of my all time faves...

I loved it from the first time Bob Jones played it on the Radio. I bought it for "Next Stop" and had it for a couple of years and never flipped it over, silly me cos Sad Girl was on the other side. Since then I've always listened to both sides.

I posted "Next Stop" in Refosoul a while ago.

Social source share

Great record this. Definitely one of my favourite seventies tunes.

We had a bit of a discussion about this on here recently - which included some discussion about the flip, which I had never bothered to play before I sold the record!

Anyway - I knew it was a few bob, but just seen it on Pat Brady's auction currently at £320 with a few days to go.

Sold my minter for £50 not so many moons ago.

Yes, great tune, but not worth anything like £320. Well under the ton and close to £60 would be more like.

Got a feeling this was tailor made for the northern scene - check the Ian Leving thread or ask the question!

Cheers,

John.

Social source share

I'll Get Off At The Next Stop is one of my all time faves...

I loved it from the first time Bob Jones played it on the Radio. I bought it for "Next Stop" and had it for a couple of years and never flipped it over, silly me cos Sad Girl was on the other side. Since then I've always listened to both sides.

I posted "Next Stop" in Refosoul a while ago.

Yep - you posted Next Stop up for me I think John as I'd never played it. Like you I like both sides now.

:huh:

Social source share

Think Mr Manship is in danger of losing his number one spot for finding crazies Pat your on the up

Hello,

"I'll Get Off At The Next Stop" is an amazing track.

It's one of the best John Glover / James Dean songs and it's probably Carol's best performance.

It will be featured in the soundtrack of a new movie called Clubbed which is due for UK cinema release in January 2009.

Best regards,

Paul

Social source share

Funny is this LP 1981 and the single 1980 or the other way a 2 mixes as well 1 longer and the other shorter, violins, Echo, vocal missing harmonies and stereo reverbe.

Don't think the LP version is different prophonics but I could be wrong. Don't have the 45 now to compare I rather foolishly flogged it when I got the LP

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert