• Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

tough uk only 45

took me ages to get mine

old Wilton spin

i remember playing this at the wilton in the mid 90s. then selling it to wendy, saus`s

girlfriend at the time.she pestered me to death for it £30 was the price. id love a copy back as well

always regreted selling but thought her need was greater than mine :(

dave

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...Been outbid on it twice in recent times, both times I offered well in excess of a ton for it!

She's from Wolverhampton, incidentally. Not that we should hold that against her, after all most of us don't hold that against Pete...

Social source share

...Been outbid on it twice in recent times, both times I offered well in excess of a ton for it!

She's from Wolverhampton, incidentally. Not that we should hold that against her, after all most of us don't hold that against Pete...

think she's actually from Dudley...

Jenny Allen (Wren)

The name of Jenny Allen first came to local notice in 1964 when she was a mere 15 year-old. She was originally backed by a group called Les Jondors.

She signed a recording contract in 1965 and took the name Jenny Wren. She was still a pupil at the then Sir Gilbert Claughton School in Dudley. She apparently got her break as a result of Fontana's A&R man, Jack Baverstock, (so influential with Ambrose Slade) hearing her.

She released two records on Fontana, Chasing My Dreams All Over Town and The Merry-Go-Round Is Slowing You Down.

She appeared at the Civic with Manfred Mann and Wayne Fontana. Her later backing groups were called the Jackdaws, Outlook and Fashion.

JennyWren.jpg

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Jenny Allen (Wren)

The name of Jenny Allen first came to local notice in 1964 when she was a mere 15 year-old. She was originally backed by a group called Les Jondors.

She signed a recording contract in 1965 and took the name Jenny Wren. She was still a pupil at the then Sir Gilbert Claughton School in Dudley. She apparently got her break as a result of Fontana's A&R man, Jack Baverstock, (so influential with Ambrose Slade) hearing her.

She released two records on Fontana, Chasing My Dreams All Over Town and The Merry-Go-Round Is Slowing You Down.

She appeared at the Civic with Manfred Mann and Wayne Fontana. Her later backing groups were called the Jackdaws, Outlook and Fashion.

JennyWren.jpg

Dudley. Wolverhampton, 's all the same to us southerners once you get past Watford :lol:

Social source share

Tony hatfield had one in his sales box last night at holmes chapel cool.gif

dave

cheers - will give Tony a call as unfortunally not able to catch up with him at next york soul club (www.yorksoulclub.com) Sat 4th Oct -Mick H guest DJ :D Edited by andybellwood
Social source share

Jenny Allen (Wren)

JennyWren.jpg

is it true she was from the wrens nest estate and named herself after it??

Social source share

Source Advert