You Birds Don't Know You're Born

Guest Dan

Just taken delivery of some great 70s stuff (courtesy of Adey Pierce). Some hilariously non-PC lyrics. Best of the lot is probably Calvin Arnold, 'Satisfy My Woman' on IX Chains, which contains the lines:

I take her out on the town least three nights a week

I don't want her sweating over a hot stove so I take her out to eat

I bought her a brand new dishwasher cos I want to protect her hands

Automatic can opener to open up the cans.

Honestly, these birds don't know they're born.

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just taken delivery of some great 70s stuff (courtesy of Adey Pierce). Some hilariously non-PC lyrics. Best of the lot is probably Calvin Arnold, 'Satisfy My Woman' on IX Chains, which contains the lines:

link

Now that sound like my kind a guy!!!! Intro please

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Now that sound like my kind a guy!!!!  Intro please

link

Even better.........Detroit Emeralds 'Do Me Right' .....I'll buy you a washing machine AND an ironing board :D Wow, wish my men would pamper me with expensive gifts like that :D Jo

Social source share

Even better.........Detroit Emeralds 'Do Me Right' .....I'll buy you a washing machine AND an ironing board  :D Wow, wish my men would pamper me with expensive gifts like that  :D Jo

link

Prefer the other guy - rather someone who would pay to get the washing and ironing done

Social source share

link

Good thread mate. Jackie Wilson also gets in on the action in "You Got Me Walking"

..But your cookin' is good, your kissin' is fine

And your lovin', baby, is right on time

And later...

Oh, breakfast in the morning, right on time (Feels so good)

While you teach the little baby (La-la-la-la-la-la-la) a nursery rhyme..

"Women - know your place!!!!" (and before anyone thinks that's me, it's an old 50s information broadcast, where they actually tell the woman how to be a good wife - have tea ready when he comes home from work etc - hilarious!! :D )

Rich

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I got Milton Parker through the post about 10 minutes ago. Sweet lyrics.

Woman like to be treated harder, have you not noticed everytime you fight, tyhe loving get's a little sweeter and she treats you right, if you treat her nice you'll be sorry. so if your woman you want to keep, you got to keep on socking it to her, awake or sleep, don't stop now, your getting smarter your love is never gunna leave you because your gunna make it harder for her.

:D:D:D

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest rachel

I got Milton Parker through the post about 10 minutes ago. Sweet lyrics.

Woman like to be treated harder, have you not noticed everytime you fight, tyhe loving get's a little sweeter and she treats you right, if you treat her nice you'll be sorry. so if your woman you want to keep, you got to keep on socking it to her, awake or sleep, don't stop now, your getting smarter your love is never gunna leave you because your gunna make it harder for her.

:D   :D   :D

link

Hmm, yeah, I like the first guy :D

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

filth, michael

link

Sorry dan.

I thought you were treading on eggshells, but you seem to have come thru pretty unscated, and made a few female friends at the same time. blush.gif

Looking at your avitar, it looks like you have succumed to the beast that is Rugby again. I take it Richie has stopped taking the proverbial then.

Social source share

you'll be volunteering Billy Kent 'Take It All This Time' next, you scoundrel.

re the avatar yes i've given marvin a couple of months off so he can spend some quality time with the family

getting a bit excited about the lions now, buckley trying to convince me to go out there but i'm resisting on the basis that:

a) it will cost several thousand pounds

cool.gif new zealand is like a dog's nose in june ie cold and wet

c) the all blacks are going to win 3-0 cos our team will be rammed full of gay welshmen

all this and the ashes this summer you can keep your shitey soccer

mind you this week i have been mostly watching chelsea and enjoying it enormously

Social source share

well actually was thinking of coming up to ponds forge tonight, never been but heard good things, if you will be there (sherlock holmes at work, i assume you're from sheffield) i could bring it along?

link

Have PM'd you

Social source share

Collins - you're a dead man  blush.gif   blush.gif

link

It would take you, that midget shane williams, the leg-waxer in the centres and the entire front row and it still wouldn't be a certainty!

Social source share

Dan - you stole my post!

Was gonna stick this one up at the week-end.

Track came courtesy of Rich above - Thanks

Col.

link

soz!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!