Previously Unissued Material

Harrogatesoul

Could you explain in simple terms how this (NCPS) works please? Say, you have a record / acetate / studio tape of a song, but can't locate the owners of the track (through BMI ASCAP???), do you just pay something into a central kitty? Then, if the owners come forward they can draw on it?
Hello Simon,

It's important to note that mechanical licenses (as issued by MCPS on behalf of publisher members in our country) only grant permission to reproduce the actual songs, not masters. It's a statutory legal requirement and the usage rates are standard in most cases.

Obtaining a license to reproduce a specific master is a totally different issue. Each user has to find the legal owner(s) of the master and negotiate fees and rates - which can vary enormously. Licenses can be exclusive or non-exclusive, short-term or long-term, restricted by territories etc etc. Some licenses cover whole catalogues rather than one or two individual masters. It's also important to remember that master owners can of course simply refuse to issue licenses.

Legitimate companies obtain both master licenses and mechanical licenses. Bootleggers obtain no licenses. And in between, there are some questionable companies who sometimes obtain one kind of license but not the other.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

• Replies 295
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I forgot to add, Simon, there is no "kitty". You just can't issue a record if you don't own the master of have a formal license to reproduce the master in a specific territory.

Anyone who does so faces risk of prosecution for copyright infringement or other similar charges which ultimately come under the theft act. In some cases there may be additional charges for trade mark infringement, fraud, deception, etc. It can get quite serious.

Getting away with non-payment of mechanical royalties may seem easier but MCPS (on behalf of the publishing industry) is fully supported by the copyright act and, in effect, has great power. They can also seize assets and even have the right to wind-up a company for evading statutory royalties.

In the USA, by the way, many publishers are represented by the Harry Fox Agency for mechanical licensing. ASCAP and BMI are performing rights organisations, similar to PRS in this country, who collect fees and royalties from broadcasters etc.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Social source share

Something else I should have added, Simon...

Technically, it is also an offence to obtain a license from someone who isn't the lawful owner of the master, even if you mistakingly thought they were.

It's similar to buying a car from someone who doesn't really own it. You lose the car, and your money, and you may also face charges if the police think you knew or suspected that the seller wasn't the lawful owner.

I mention this point because it's common for bootleggers to use "licensing scams" in an attempt to appear to be legitimate operators.

Paul

Social source share

Hello Simon,

It's important to note that mechanical licenses (as issued by MCPS on behalf of publisher members in our country) only grant permission to reproduce the actual songs, not masters. It's a statutory legal requirement and the usage rates are standard in most cases.

Obtaining a license to reproduce a specific master is a totally different issue. Each user has to find the legal owner(s) of the master and negotiate fees and rates - which can vary enormously. Licenses can be exclusive or non-exclusive, short-term or long-term, restricted by territories etc etc. Some licenses cover whole catalogues rather than one or two individual masters. It's also important to remember that master owners can of course simply refuse to issue licenses.

Legitimate companies obtain both master licenses and mechanical licenses. Bootleggers obtain no licenses. And in between, there are some questionable companies who sometimes obtain one kind of license but not the other.

Paul Mooney

I forgot to add, Simon, there is no "kitty". You just can't issue a record if you don't own the master of have a formal license to reproduce the master in a specific territory.

Anyone who does so faces risk of prosecution for copyright infringement or other similar charges which ultimately come under the theft act. In some cases there may be additional charges for trade mark infringement, fraud, deception, etc. It can get quite serious.

Getting away with non-payment of mechanical royalties may seem easier but MCPS (on behalf of the publishing industry) is fully supported by the copyright act and, in effect, has great power. They can also seize assets and even have the right to wind-up a company for evading statutory royalties.

In the USA, by the way, many publishers are represented by the Harry Fox Agency for mechanical licensing. ASCAP and BMI are performing rights organisations, similar to PRS in this country, who collect fees and royalties from broadcasters etc.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Something else I should have added, Simon...

Technically, it is also an offence to obtain a license from someone who isn't the lawful owner of the master, even if you mistakingly thought they were.

It's similar to buying a car from someone who doesn't really own it. You lose the car, and your money, and you may also face charges if the police think you knew or suspected that the seller wasn't the lawful owner.

I mention this point because it's common for bootleggers to use "licensing scams" in an attempt to appear to be legitimate operators.

Paul

Thanks for the info Paul, I promise not to bootleg anything. However, how have so many for so long got away with it? Do you have have some examples of anyone getting done? Prison sentences for example?

Social source share

Thanks for the info Paul, I promise not to bootleg anything. However, how have so many for so long got away with it? Do you have have some examples of anyone getting done? Prison sentences for example?

Hello Simon,

I personally haven't ever been directly involved in a case which ended up in court or in which the police interviened. Most cases are private and are settled out of court which is easier for all concerned.

But I'm sure there are many cases where people have been fined, imprisoned and had goods seized and assets recovered etc. In some countries the laws are much stronger than others.

For some reason, many people seem to think these acts are just civil offences, not criminal offences, in this country. If injured parties made reports to the police they would quickly find this is not the case.

In the USA these are Federal offences so the FBI can become involved immediately.

I hope this info is helpful and I apologise to Rich if we have wandered too far off topic.

Paul Mooney

Edited by Paul
Social source share

Stardust are dubious as hell, meant to be canadian reissues but I'd be surprised if the majors would license such small run singles.

Spencer Wiggins are boots, even its first appearance on the Jap CD is technically a boot, it was a Fame recorded tape that should never have come out through Goldwax.

Hello Rich,

I know for certain that some specific stardust 45s are unauthorised and I also haven't yet found any trace of mechanical licenses being obtained in any country.

They all look questionable to me.

But, even more interesting, who the hell buys them???

Paul

Thanks Ady / Paul - Have heard the licenses issue mentioned before thus my question re. the legality of them. As to who buys them I would buy the unissued ones if they were legit but if there not then yes I'm cutting my nose off etc etc. No need to apologise re. the MCPS issue (I keep saying I'm not some megolamniac :( .. However it is interesting to know how the system works if some stupid fool from a northern town would enter into a financial drain in attempting to issue un-released deep soul material on 45....

Regards

Rich

Social source share

Thanks Ady / Paul - Have heard the licenses issue mentioned before thus my question re. the legality of them. As to who buys them I would buy the unissued ones if they were legit but if there not then yes I'm cutting my nose off etc etc. No need to apologise re. the MCPS issue (I keep saying I'm not some megolamniac :( .. However it is interesting to know how the system works if some stupid fool from a northern town would enter into a financial drain in attempting to issue un-released deep soul material on 45....

Regards

Rich

Hello Rich,

Yorkshire is the capital of fools, so I'm told. God bless them.

:lol:

Paul

Edited by Paul
Social source share

For the crime of raving about Gary Masterblaster I'd put Ian Dewhirst in prison, on Deaf Row. :(

LOL, and that would include the other 530 people who've downloaded the tune in the last 2 weeks and the people who will buy the 400 copies that we've already pre-sold since Monday presumably? :lol:

Well, we're up to the end of September already, how are your Top 500 tunes for 2008 looking so far? :lol:

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

For the crime of raving about Gary Masterblaster I'd put Ian Dewhirst in prison, on Deaf Row. :(

Hello Roger,

Do you actually know who Gary Masterblaster is? ...and what he does for a living???

Paul

Social source share

LOL, and that would include the other 530 people who've downloaded the tune in the last 2 weeks and the people who will buy the 400 copies that we've already pre-sold since Monday presumably? :(

Well, we're up to the end of September already, how are your Top 500 tunes for 2008 looking so far? :lol:

Ian, what you might want to realise that people clicking on a zshare link cross-posted on various forums doesn't necessarily equate to 530 people actually downloading the track to their computer because they think it's great and thereby creating a 'monster' sound - every single click on a link on that site registers as a 'download' - people more often than not will click on a link simply out of curiosity to hear it, as I did. I'm sure any member of this forum could upload any track along with massively excited hype along the lines of 'best undiscovered 60s northern soul dancer in history' attached to it in a lot of their forum posts and the 'downloads' would be in the hundreds in a short space of time, regardless of who posted it.

But that said, ribbing aside and despite my own personal opinion on it, I wish you the very best of success with it mate, seriously.

And regarding my top 500 for 2008, I'm not actually going to bother this year, because I've seen the light and now understand that the only worthwhile new releases are those that sound like they were made in the 1960s, I've been wrong all along and now bow down to those far superior to me. :lol:

Roger

Social source share

But that said, ribbing aside and despite my own personal opinion on it, I wish you the very best of success with it mate, seriously.

And regarding my top 500 for 2008, I'm not actually going to bother this year, because I've seen the light and now understand that the only worthwhile new releases are those that sound like they were made in the 1960s, I've been wrong all along and now bow down to those far superior to me. :lol:

Roger

LOL. I have to say that "Cafe Reggio's" was probably not designed with you in mind but it is refreshing to see that you've now acknowledged the error of your ways and will henceforth be known "60's Roger - purveyor of fine 60's dance music". Well done mate. I was beginning to worry about you. :(

Social source share

Don't talk down to me Paul, there's a good lad.

Roger

I wasn't talking down to you, Roger, I just thought you might appreciate a joke...

He's a demolition contractor.

I thought it was pretty obvious.

Social source share

LOL. I have to say that "Cafe Reggio's" was probably not designed with you in mind but it is refreshing to see that you've now acknowledged the error of your ways and will henceforth be known "60's Roger - purveyor of fine 60's dance music". Well done mate. I was beginning to worry about you. :lol:

It's all good mate, most of us know that. :lol:

Have you heard the new Jazzanova record?

https://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/328496-01.htm

I reckon you'll like it, and it's on a seven. :(

Roger

Social source share

Just found this thread.................i didn't read it to start with as i thought it was just an extension of OVO thread....................but in compiling a list of unreleased tracks on 45, what a great idea! Paul Mooney looks like he's nominated as keeper of the master list..................and i think it needs updating Paul - come on pull your finger out lad!

I'll add a few as memory serves but what about 'Syl Johnson - All I need is someone like you - G2K' that must count as it had only previously been issued (as an unreleased track!) on an 80's Jap LP!

.....................and a question for Ady (relating to our Mirwood conversation on OVO thread)............would you know the story as to why or how Bob & Earl 'My little girl' instrumental came out only on Jay Boy?..........I'm presuming someone other than that dodgy soulfox bloke had access to Mirwood masters back in the day as this predates him by a few years?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Sorry Paul, it's just the usual scenario of words on a screen and a too quick response and all that. :)

Roger

You have the dubious honour of my post of the week Roger wink.gif - hope you're well mate?

I bet you could write a book (particualrly in the early days of forums etc) on the times you've done that laugh.gif

kept me amused for hours some of it laugh.gif:(:lol:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Just found this thread.................i didn't read it to start with as i thought it was just an extension of OVO thread....................but in compiling a list of unreleased tracks on 45, what a great idea! Paul Mooney looks like he's nominated as keeper of the master list..................and i think it needs updating Paul - come on pull your finger out lad!

I'll add a few as memory serves but what about 'Syl Johnson - All I need is someone like you - G2K' that must count as it had only previously been issued (as an unreleased track!) on an 80's Jap LP!

.....................and a question for Ady (relating to our Mirwood conversation on OVO thread)............would you know the story as to why or how Bob & Earl 'My little girl' instrumental came out only on Jay Boy?..........I'm presuming someone other than that dodgy soulfox bloke had access to Mirwood masters back in the day as this predates him by a few years?

Cheers

Steve

Hello Steve,

I don't mind updating the list. At least I'll be able to exercise some sneaky editorial control by conveniently forgetting to add a few titles.

I mentioned the Bob & Earl band 45 earlier. I think I have it on a US album on Crestview and a UK album on B&C but I don't remember if they came before or after the Jay Boy single. And it may have been an error, using the instrumental tape instead of the vocal. That's another possibility to add a little mystery ...or a complete myth.

wink.gif

Paul

Social source share

You have the dubious honour of my post of the week Roger wink.gif - hope you're well mate?

I bet you could write a book (particualrly in the early days of forums etc) on the times you've done that laugh.gif

kept me amused for hours some of it laugh.gif:(:lol:

Cheers

Steve

Steve, you were quite some mentor in the early days over things like that mate, and for that I thank you!! :)

I tell you what though, I looked through the old Topica archives fairly recently, going back to 2001 and I subsequently had to hire a tractor and tow rope to uncurl my toes after reading some of the stuff I used to post, some of it was funny, but a lot of it . . . . f*ck me I wouldn't even THINK some of that stuff now, let alone post it on a public forum!!!!! laugh.gif:lol::yes:

We live and learn mate. Eventually. :)

Roger

Social source share

Just looking at the Soul Junction label courtesy of Crazy Beat:

Ron Henderson & Choice Of Colour - Nobody Will Ever Take Your Love From Me / Hooked On Your Love

Johnny Moore - You Fixed It / Your Way Is My Way

Jimmy Ruffin - Leading Lady - Take My Hand

Jimmy Ruffin - We Finally Found Out / Long Version

Not sure any made it to CD before. Where did the Jimmy Ruffin material come from?

Rich

Social source share

Just looking at the Soul Junction label courtesy of Crazy Beat:

Ron Henderson & Choice Of Colour - Nobody Will Ever Take Your Love From Me / Hooked On Your Love

Johnny Moore - You Fixed It / Your Way Is My Way

Jimmy Ruffin - Leading Lady - Take My Hand

Jimmy Ruffin - We Finally Found Out / Long Version

Not sure any made it to CD before. Where did the Jimmy Ruffin material come from?

Rich

Hello Rich,

The Jimmy Ruffin track "We Finally Found Out" came via Bobby Eli. He had recorded the tracks at Sigma Sound in the late 1970s but Epic turned them down.

We had vocal and instrumental masters so I remixed and edited them to create two new versions - a radio edit and long version.

The 45s were pressed in the US and it was a great seller, it sold out very quickly.

Paul

Social source share

Cheers

Steve

President/Jay Boy were the legal licensees for the late 60s early 70s and the LP was released belatedly to cash in on the Harlem Shuffle reissue hit. I think it was picked up on from that, it's in the Mirwood 2 sleevenotes if you wanna shell out for some quality plastic; the Jackie Lee unreleased version of Bobby Womack's Trust Me would be right up your street!

Edited by ady croasdell
Social source share

Steve, you were quite some mentor in the early days over things like that mate, and for that I thank you!! laugh.gif

I tell you what though, I looked through the old Topica archives fairly recently, going back to 2001 and I subsequently had to hire a tractor and tow rope to uncurl my toes after reading some of the stuff I used to post, some of it was funny, but a lot of it . . . . f*ck me I wouldn't even THINK some of that stuff now, let alone post it on a public forum!!!!! laugh.gif:(:lol:

We live and learn mate. Eventually. smile.gif

Roger

Can you imagine how embarrassed you'll be in 2016 when you look back at this years postings? :)

Social source share

President/Jay Boy were the legal licensees for the late 60s early 70s and the LP was released belatedly to cash in on the Harlem Shuffle reissue hit. I think it was picked up on from that, it's in the Mirwood 2 sleevenotes if you wanna shell out for some quality plastic; the Jackie Lee unreleased version of Bobby Womack's Trust Me would be right up your street!

Thanks for info Ady

yes, Mirwood 2 on the shopping list need to bag it ASAP - embarrassed that I haven't got it yet cos our own Mr Connor played the Jackie Lee directly from the CD at The Orwell a while ago (are you watching from the OVO thread wicked.gif ) and I vowed to buy it then, then forgot....until now!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I don't post anything contentious now Ian. People are always watching, ready to pounce . . . ph34r.gif

That was yer problem mate!

When we had Topica back in the day, there was only a little gang of us BUT you didn't realise that the whole world could (and eventually did) read what you said!

You posted some fookin funny stuff that's for sure BUT some of the toe curling stuff did come back and bite you in the ass!

I have selective amnesia on that mate as you were young and daft (well early 40's anyway!) and now just try and remember the funny stuff (along with your recommended new tuneage!)

Don't water yourself down completely though, as Pete says, you need summat to look back on and be embarrassed about in 2016! Soul-Source still needs you as the anti-Christ imho wink.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Updated the list (I think) - Any omissions / mistakes feel free to amend.

Eddie Holman - Hold Me In Your Arms (Grapevine)

Carla Thomas - I'll Never Stop Loving You (Kent)

Al Williams - Try Them (Grapevine)

Rozetta Johnson - You Better Keep What You Got (Shotgun)

Jimmy Ruffin - We Finally Found Out (Soul Junction)

Dottie Pearson - A House Made Of Love / Bring It Over Baby (Grapevine)

Sam Dees - Fool Of The Year (Shotgun)

Gloria Shannon - Tears Are Gifts From Heaven (Realside)

Detroit Magnificents - Is This A Woman's Way? (Grapevine)

Bobby Cutchins - Leaving (Soul Junction)

The Servicemen - I'll Stop Loving You (Grapevine)

Johnnie Taylor - Please Let Me In (Kent) ?

Jerry Williams - When You Move, You Lose (Grapevine)

Timmy Willis - Such Misery (Joe Boy)

Johnny Moore - Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow (Grapevine)

Contours - Baby Hit And Run (Tamla Motown)

Betty Boo - Say It Isn't So (Grapevine)

Aleshure "Shower The World" Phoenix

Chuck Jackson "What's With This Loneliness" Kent

David Sea - Believe In Me - SHOTGUN

Other Brothers - Nobody But Me - KENT

Mixed Emotions - Am I Imposing - ROCK-WAY

JJ Barnes - Love At First Sight (Hayley)

Jimmy Ruffin - The Entertainer/Steve Mancha - One in a million (Hayley)

Emanual Laskey - (Put your Name) In the Hall of Fame (Hayley)

Thunderbird Sound - In heaven and on earth (Hayley)

Jeffree - Love Loan (Expansion)

Sy Hightower - I Wonder Why

Just Brothers - Honey (Hayley)

Loretta Kendrick - My Feelings Keep getting In The Way (Hayley)

Charles Brimmer - Show & Tell (Hayley)

L.V Johnson - Recipe For Love (Godlmine) ?

Eddie Ray - Wait A Minute (Prix/Numero Group)

Bob & Earl Band - My Little Girl (Jay Boy)

Little Ann - Who Are You Trying to Fool (Kent)

Eric & The Vikings - Hurting - Kool Kat Linda Jones - Last Minute Miracle - Warner Bros

Garland Green - Come Through Me (Kent)

September Jones - Give Me All Of Your Love (Body & Soul)

Inspirations - Gotta Find A New Love (Benn-x / Goldmine?)

Sone Of Robin Stone - I'm Ready To Give Up My Love / It Only Happens In The Movies

Royal Five - Nobody Else / Don't Stop

Stella & Gazelles - I'm Not In Love With You Anymore / Topics - Nicer Girl

John Edwards - Tin Man (Kent)

The Marvelettes - Finders keepers / Kim Weston - Do like I do (UK TMG)

Hoagy Lands - True Love At Last (UK American USA 13)

Ron Henderson & Choice Of Colour - Nobody Will Ever Take Your Love From Me / Hooked On Your Love (Soul Junction)

Johnny Moore - You Fixed It / Your Way Is My Way (Soul Junction)

Jimmy Ruffin - Leading Lady - Take My Hand (Soul Junction)

Jimmy Ruffin - We Finally Found Out / Long Version (Soul Junction)

Syl Johnson - All I need is someone like you - Grapevine

Rich

Edited.

Edited by harrogatesoul
Social source share

Art Gentry on Kent 12"

Sam Dees "Run to me" (as above)

Eric & The Vikings - Hurting - Kool Kat Linda Jones - Last Minute Miracle - Warner Bros

Spetember Jones - Give Me All Of Your Love (Body & Soul)

Sone Of Robin Stone - I'm Ready To Give Up My Love / It Only Happens In The Movies

Ron Henderson & Choice Of Colour - Nobody Will Ever Take Your Love From Me / Hooked On Your Love (Soul Junction)

Rich

N.B Not sure why the gaps are there..

Hi Rich

Oops sorry, it's your thread, so you should be the man to do the list, not that Mooney bloke!

Can i respectfully ask for Art Gentry & Sam Dees 'Run' to be taken from our 45 list??????????? It's a 12"................plus i've spent that long looking for the fookin thing, everytime i see it on our list, it's gonna make me blue :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Hi Rich

Oops sorry, it's your thread, so you should be the man to do the list, not that Mooney bloke!

Can i respectfully ask for Art Gentry & Sam Dees 'Run' to be taken from our 45 list??????????? It's a 12"................plus i've spent that long looking for the fookin thing, everytime i see it on our list, it's gonna make me blue :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

...........can we put it to the vote?

Social source share

Art Gentry on Kent 12"

Sam Dees "Run to me" (as above)

Spetember Jones - Give Me All Of Your Love (Body & Soul)

Rich

N.B Not sure why the gaps are there..

Wot happended to 'Syl Johnson - All I need is someone like you - Grapevine' from a few posts back?

Social source share

Hi Rich

Can i respectfully ask for Art Gentry & Sam Dees 'Run' to be taken from our 45 list??????????? It's a 12"................plus i've spent that long looking for the fookin thing, everytime i see it on our list, it's gonna make me blue sad.gif

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Paul's probably far busier than I am at moment being an impoverished furniture store owner (10% discount for Soul Sourcers...) :thumbsup:

Will amend and I'll add the Syl Johnson too - Sure there are more. As for the 100 Club Anniversary 45s - Can someone weedle out the unissued ones?

Rich

Social source share

Deon Jackson - I Can't Go On - Contempo Raries

Rich

Amended - Steve & Pikeys' added. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Rich

Edited.

Like the soul junction stuff got a few from crazy beat whos behind the logo?Great list also richie and thread very informative indeed particulary the stuff on licencing etc,got the Alice Clarke track dont you care on Acid Jazz dont know if that belongs to your list wasnt it off a cd?

BAZ A

Social source share

Think its Crazy Beat themselves behind the Soul Junction logo. I think the Alice Clark is an issued LP track???? Could be wrong tho'.

Rich

I think the Soul Junction label is now run by Dave Welding & John Anderson? I could be wrong but i don't believe CB are behind it?

Alice Clark IS from an original LP on Mainstream so doesn't qualify!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I think the Soul Junction label is now run by Dave Welding & John Anderson? I could be wrong but i don't believe CB are behind it?

Alice Clark IS from an original LP on Mainstream so doesn't qualify!

Cheers

Steve

Soul Junction was part of Grapevine.

The first five 45s were pressed in the USA. There were also two albums pressed in the UK and a Sons Of Robin Stone album was cancelled at the last moment.

Since Grapevine ended Soul Junction has been revived as a label by John Anderson and dave Welding.

Paul

Edited by Paul
Social source share

Dear oh dear with the Kent singles catalogue you could double this list if not more in one swoop and then anniversary 45s would boost this by 56

That's very true so start adding some to the list! I think I added a couple aleady.

The Magicians' "Faith And Understanding" is another good example.

I should be on commission.

:P

Paul

Edited by Paul
Social source share

Soul Junction was part of Grapevine.

The first five 45s were pressed in the USA. There were also two albums pressed in the UK and a Sons Of Robin Stone album was cancelled at the last moment.

Since Grapevine ended Soul Junction has been revived as a label by John Anderson and dave Welding.

Paul

Cheers Paul / Steve

Didn't know where I got that info from. Crackin stuff on there too. Joy of joys I have a truck to unload right now but I'll get a list of Kent 45s and add 'em on.

Rich

Social source share

As this list is gonna be a fookin big un i've stuck 'em in alphabetical order.

Here it is - Do you wanna use this as the master from now on Rich?

Cheers

Steve

Previously Unreleased tracks on 45

Bob & Earl Band - My Little Girl (Inst) (Jay Boy)

Eric & The Vikings - Hurting - Kool Kat

J J Barnes - Love At First Sight (Hayley)

Johnnie Taylor - Please Let Me In (Kent)

L.V Johnson - Recipe For Love (Goldmine)

Linda Jones - Last Minute Miracle - Warner Bros

Sy Hightower - I Wonder Why (Hayley)

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

As this list is gonna be a fookin big un i've stuck 'em in alphabetical order.

Here it is - Do you wanna use this as the master from now on Rich?

Cheers

Steve

Eric & The Vikings - Hurting - Kool Kat

Johnnie Taylor - Please Let Me In (Kent)

Will do Steve :unsure:

Rich

Social source share

Aleshure Shower The World (Phoenix)

Bobby Reed - Caledonia Brown / Baby Dont You Leave (UK Shrine/Goldmine)

Carla Thomas - I'll Never Stop Loving You / Prophets Band - Peaches Baby (6T's Anniversary)

Carla Thomas - I'll Never Stop Loving You (Horaces)

Chubby Checker / Teardrops - You Can't Lose Something / Here Comes Loneliness (6T's Anniversary)

Chuck Jackson / Superb Strings - What's With This Loneliness / Surf n Soul (6T's Anniversary)

Danny Cobus / Chico & Buddy - The Two Of Us / You Won't Miss The Water (Kent)

David Sea - Believe In Me - (Shotgun)

Dean Courtney / Sharon Scott - Today Is My Day / Putting My Heart Under Lock & key (6T's Anniversary)

Debra Johnson / Diplomats - To Get Love You've Got To Give Love / I Really Love You (6T's Anniversary)

Devonnes / Mayberry Movement - Doin' The Gittin' Up / I See Him Making Love to You (6T's Anniversary)

Doni Burdick - Candle / Watcha gonna Do (Soul King)

Eric & The Vikings - Hurting - (Kool Kat)

Garland Green - Come Through Me (Kent) (Also 6T's Anniversary)

Gigi & The Charmaines / The Mysteries - I Don't Want To Lose Him / Too Late Now (6T's Anniversary)

Gwen Owen - Lies / Rain (Mel-ady)

Hy-Tones / George Jackson - Good News / All In My Mind (6T's Anniversary)

John Edwards / Loleatta Holloway - Ain't That Good Enough / This Man's Arms (6T's Anniversary)

Johnnie Taylor / Judy Clay - Please Let Me In / Since You Came Along (6T's Anniversary)

Lorraine Chandler / Metros - You Only Live Twice / Mr Imagination (6T's Anniversary)

Luther Ingram / Chet Ivey - Baby Don't You Weep / Mata Hari (Kent)

Little Bobby Parker - I Won't Believe It (Till I See It) - (UK Shrine/Goldmine)

Melba Moore - The Magic Touch / Chuck Jackson Ensemble - Little By Little - (6T's Anniversary)

Melba Moore - Magic Touch (Kent)

Melba Moore / Tommy Hunt - Magic Touch (Horaces)

Mill Evans / Millionaires - Ain't You Glad / I'm The One Who Loves You (6T's Anniversary)

Milton Bennett / The Hesitations - What's One More Lie / Go Away (6T's Anniversary)

MM & The Peanuts / The Charmaines - Can't Say No / I Idolize You (6T's Anniversary)

Nelson Saunders - It's Real / I Hold The Key (Soul King)

Other Brothers / Bettye Swann - Nobody But Me / The Dance Is Over - (Kent)

Otis Redding / Barbara & The Browns - Loving By The Pound / I'm Gonna Start A War (Kent)

Peggy Woods / ZZ Band - Love Is Gonna Get You / You Just Cheat & Lie (6T's Anniversary)

Platters - Not My Girl - 6T's Anniversary 3

Ronnie Walker - Trouble (Impact)

San Franciscan TKO's / Peggy Gaines - Make Up Your Mind / When The Boy That You Love (6T's Anniversary)

Sons Of Robin Stone - I'm Ready To Give Up My Love / It Only Happens In The Movies

Springers - Who You Gonna Turn To (Wale)

The Hamptons - No No No Not My Girl - (6T's Anniversary)

The Magicians / Wee Willie Walker - Faith & Understanding / I Don't Want To Take A Chance (6T's Anniversary)

The Metros - What's Wrong With Your Love / She's Just Not Everybody's Girl (Soul King)

Tony Drake - Hey World / Living In The Footsteps Of Another Man (It's Soul Time)

Wally Cox / Six Teasers - This Man Wants You / Doing The 100 (6T's Anniversary)

Edited by harrogatesoul
Social source share

w/out wanting to sound anal, jimmy ruffin is listed twice and wasn't linda jones on an original loma or WB album?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!