Harrogatesoul

• Replies 295
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

.....................and i'm damn glad it's not me administering the list!

Rich you have all my sympathies mate BUT you're doing an excellent job!

Just a few more thoughts?..............i believe the list is of previously unreleased tracks that have since been legally issued on 45? This would mean Garland Green's 'Come thru me' would qualify even tho' it did get an initial release on a Kent LP BUT at the time it was unreleased from years before? (The LP is of course the 'original' release BUT that's not the point of this thread!)

G C Cameron on Flamingo shouldn't qualify cos it was a new release at the time wasn't it? (simply being a UK only 45 doesn't qualify it does it?).

Same should go for Bobby McClure on Island, Bobby Byrd on Contempo etc?

Percy Stone shouldn't count as it was released.

Barons should as it was acetate only.

Marvelettes LP track shouldn't count?

Duane Williams on Soul Junction is a new release isn't it and shouldn't qualify?

Side Effect came out on an LP at the time and therefore shouldn't count?

...........and finally (to pi** Sean off wicked.gif )..............Aleshure..........(relatively) new release at the time that had already been out on CD? (going for my hard hat!)

What's the jury think?

What a list though!

Steve

I had a feeling this was going to get complicated :lol:

But under the 'rules' laid down (as Steve mentions above), then I do have to agree with him on all the above... although I'm not quite sure about the reasoning behind the Garland Green track, as strictly speaking it was still out on an LP prior to gaining a release on a 45 - for quite a few years at that.! :lol:

As far as I can find out, the Contours "Baby hit and run" was released on TMG 886 in February 1974

But the LP on Music For Pleasure - I have conflicting dates, some say January 1974 and others say May 1974 whistling.gif

But I still seem to think it was played originally from the LP and later issued on a 45, so we could still do with a bit more info to confirm one way or another which is actually correct.

Social source share

I had a feeling this was going to get complicated :lol:

But under the 'rules' laid down (as Steve mentions above), then I do have to agree with him on all the above... although I'm not quite sure about the reasoning behind the Garland Green track, as strictly speaking it was still out on an LP prior to gaining a release on a 45 - for quite a few years at that.! unsure.gif

As far as I can find out, the Contours "Baby hit and run" was released on TMG 886 in February 1974

But the LP on Music For Pleasure - I have conflicting dates, some say January 1974 and others say May 1974 whistling.gif

But I still seem to think it was played originally from the LP and later issued on a 45, so we could still do with a bit more info to confirm one way or another which is actually correct.

Hi John,

All dates from the original UK Motown listing in Sharon Davies' Motown book which is accurate.

7" Single

TMG 886 The Contours "Baby Hit & Run"/"Can You Jerk Like Me" February 1974

MFP LP

MFP 50054 The Contours "Baby Hit & Run" May 1974

Best,

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

Also, does this qualify?

Johnny Moore - "Can't Live Without Your Love"/"Hello Baby" - Dottie Pearson Bee Cool White-Label Promo

This was a promo-only tie-in between Manifesto and Grapevine, but I don't know if it had been issued before........

Co-incidentally I have a few for sale on the sales thread @ a fiver a pop........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Also, does this qualify?

Johnny Moore - "Can't Live Without Your Love"/"Hello Baby" - Dottie Pearson Bee Cool White-Label Promo

This was a promo-only tie-in between Manifesto and Grapevine, but I don't know if it had been issued before........

Co-incidentally I have a few for sale on the sales thread @ a fiver a pop........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Hello Ian,

The Johnny Moore track had previously been issued in the US but Dottie Pearson's "Hello Baby" was unreleased until it came out on the Grapevine album.

I don't recall if we made the Grapevine / Bee Cool 45s before the album was released. The other interesting point, I suppose, is that the Grapevine / Bee Cool 45s were essentially promo copies, issued free as a covermount project.

But MCPS, for example, still charge mechanical royalties (at special rates) for covermount projects, so it could be argued that it was a commercial issue.

I'll have to think about this one.

huh.gif

Paul

Social source share

Hi John,

All dates from the original UK Motown listing in Sharon Davies' Motown book which is accurate.

7" Single

TMG 886 The Contours "Baby Hit & Run"/"Can You Jerk Like Me" February 1974

MFP LP

MFP 50054 The Contours "Baby Hit & Run" May 1974

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

The following is taken from the MFP album cover..

This album includes two tracks never previously issued on an album - Baby Hit And Run a stomping dance item featuring an outstanding arrangement and excellent lyrics, which sounds as though it were recorded in 1965, and their version of the Temptations' 1965 hit It's Growing, which is presumably of similar vintage. These cuts were issued in Britain early in 1974 and met with considerable success.

So I believe the above is correct and the single came first.

Social source share

The following is taken from the MFP album cover..

This album includes two tracks never previously issued on an album - Baby Hit And Run a stomping dance item featuring an outstanding arrangement and excellent lyrics, which sounds as though it were recorded in 1965, and their version of the Temptations' 1965 hit It's Growing, which is presumably of similar vintage. These cuts were issued in Britain early in 1974 and met with considerable success.

So I believe the above is correct and the single came first.

Thanks,

Looks like I was right in the first place.

Let's disband the soul police and sack all of their highly-paid regulators and consultants.

No wonder the country is in such a mess!

wink.gif

Social source share

Hello Ian,

The Johnny Moore track had previously been issued in the US but Dottie Pearson's "Hello Baby" was unreleased until it came out on the Grapevine album.

I don't recall if we made the Grapevine / Bee Cool 45s before the album was released. The other interesting point, I suppose, is that the Grapevine / Bee Cool 45s were essentially promo copies, issued free as a covermount project.

But MCPS, for example, still charge mechanical royalties (at special rates) for covermount projects, so it could be argued that it was a commercial issue.

I'll have to think about this one.

:wave:

Paul

So, Johnny Moore NO (released on Jadan), Dottie Pearson YES (Released on a CD first BUT was unreleased from many years before). It may not have been for sale (as such) BUT was legal, so should count imho :lol:

..................and shame on you Mr Dewhirst, using this thread as a sales opportunity wicked.gifwicked.gif:(

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I had a feeling this was going to get complicated :D

But under the 'rules' laid down (as Steve mentions above), then I do have to agree with him on all the above... although I'm not quite sure about the reasoning behind the Garland Green track, as strictly speaking it was still out on an LP prior to gaining a release on a 45 - for quite a few years at that.! :lol:

Aye John but it was an unreleased track at the time of the Kent LP - must have been 15 years old when it appeared on the Green Kent LP? It must qualify for our little list, surely?

The only issue, which I don't think is the main reason of the thread (although the list 'could' be useful for Jocks to pick out unreleased tracks without reprisal from the cops :lol: ).......is that the true 'original' issue of GG is the Kent LP and that anyone found playing the Kent Anniversary 45 in it's place should be shot at dawn :lol::lol::lol: Sure Brett will concur on this :lol::lol::lol:

Same goes for a few other things on the list, like Syl Johnson (unrel track released 15 years later on a Jap LP then 20 years later on a Grapevine 45)

So, are these still allowed on the list chaps or not?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

So, Johnny Moore NO (released on Jadan), Dottie Pearson YES (Released on a CD first BUT was unreleased from many years before). It may not have been for sale (as such) BUT was legal, so should count imho :lol:

..................and shame on you Mr Dewhirst, using this thread as a sales opportunity :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers

Steve

LOL, couldn't resist. Apologies for my opportunistic ways but I'm just a born bull-shitter LOL! :lol:

But I am always sniffing out stuff like this and I'm now falling over stuff in the hallway so I've got to get some of this stuff out quick! Wanna do some wholesale mate? :lol:

Also, I'm damn sure I've some stuff to add to the list but it means trawling through my UK 7"'s to find those oddball releases. But I'm sure there's a few more to add.

Plus I'll have a hallway full of Limited-Edition U.S. 7" copies of "Cafe Regio's" - Gary The Masterblaster on Soul Intention Records this time next week and..........

....................look at that! :lol:

It's disgusting. I just can't stop plugging can I? :lol:

Ian D :D

Social source share

Thanks,

Looks like I was right in the first place.

Let's disband the soul police and sack all of their highly-paid regulators and consultants.

No wonder the country is in such a mess!

:lol:

Oi you! Stop taking credit.

It was ME who was being accused of being a brain-dead zombie I seem to recall!

It's about time the Soul Police had an investigation into their regulators and consultants anyway. I'm sick of these bloody beaurocrats questioning our every statement! :lol:

Social source share

Plus I'll have a hallway full of Limited-Edition U.S. 7" copies of "Cafe Regio's" - Gary The Masterblaster on Soul Intention Records this time next week and..........

.....two weeks later .........................Pete Smith will fill in the blanks :lol:

Social source share

Does The Chesterfields on Grapevine count? I understand that was previously unissued. :lol:

Also, the Jeffree "Love Loan" shouldn't count because it appeared on his CD a few years before. :lol:

Chesterfields should be on the list as it was an acetate only thing via Butch wasn't it?

Jeffree is summat i was pondering on too! The CD came out in 1996 BUT was 'Love loan' a track made at the time? If so, it doesn't qualify imho? For some reason i thought it was an old record made years before and stuck on the CD...............it certainly sounds like it? If that were the case, it'd be the same as Garland Green! Will need to dig it out and read the sleeve notes i reckon................................the jury's out on Jeffree :lol:

I went thru a load of stuff last night and wrote a few more 45s down - will try and add to the list later

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Does The Chesterfields on Grapevine count? I understand that was previously unissued. :lol:

Also, the Jeffree "Love Loan" shouldn't count because it appeared on his CD a few years before. :lol:

Yes Dave, The Chesterfields counts. How did I forget that one?

I'm surprised Rich didn't mention it because I'm told he has a few Chesterfields in stock.

Social source share

Chesterfields should be on the list as it was an acetate only thing via Butch wasn't it?

Jeffree is summat i was pondering on too! The CD came out in 1996 BUT was 'Love loan' a track made at the time? If so, it doesn't qualify imho? For some reason i thought it was an old record made years before and stuck on the CD...............it certainly sounds like it? If that were the case, it'd be the same as Garland Green! Will need to dig it out and read the sleeve notes i reckon................................the jury's out on Jeffree :lol:

I went thru a load of stuff last night and wrote a few more 45s down - will try and add to the list later

Cheers

Steve

Thought the CD came first, and the single was only issued due to demand (and wasn't it to co-incide with his UK tour?) - might have got that last bit wrong. Like the Contours :lol: Which begs the question why would Tamla Motown issue the Contours on a mainstream UK 45 release if it hadn't had any exposure? OK fair enough they did just that it seems, but it strikes me as odd - good work on their part though.

Social source share

...Same goes for a few other things on the list, like Syl Johnson (unrel track released 15 years later on a Jap LP then 20 years later on a Grapevine 45...

Hello Steve,

I hadn't mentioned the Syl Johnson 45 because I expected the regulatory authorities to raise objections due to the earlier Japanese LP.

But if we've abolished all the rules and regulations I suppose we can do what the hell we want.

So let's add it to the list ...and to hell with the consequences!

Social source share

Like the Contours :lol: Which begs the question why would Tamla Motown issue the Contours on a mainstream UK 45 release if it hadn't had any exposure? OK fair enough they did just that it seems, but it strikes me as odd - good work on their part though.

I think that was the whole point on the other OVO, Crap Venues thread Steve. I think it was a discussion as to what consituted OV and I wrote:-

"In that case can anyone explain the deal with The Contours "Baby Hit And Run" then? :lol:

An old recording which had never been heard by anyone and which was a pure 100% Northern monster which was issued in the UK on Motown without ANY OVO or Northern Soul related activity whatsoever!

Or is this the exception which proves the rule?"

It was weird and it came totally out of the blue.

The word spread on the grapevine that there was UK Motown new single release of an unknown Contours track which was pure Northern and brilliant. Rod from Heckmondwike told me about it about a day after he'd heard it in a local record shop, so I rushed down to Jumbos in Leeds and as soon as I got in the shop they played it! Hunter and Trevor @ Jumbos couldn't believe it either.

Very odd.

Social source share

...Which begs the question why would Tamla Motown issue the Contours on a mainstream UK 45 release if it hadn't had any exposure? OK fair enough they did just that it seems, but it strikes me as odd - good work on their part though.

Yes it's odd that we can't remember any advance promotion before it was issued. Was it really just a case of someone at EMI stumbling on the master and deciding to give it a try?

If so, I'm very glad they did.

Social source share

Hello Steve,

I hadn't mentioned the Syl Johnson 45 because I expected the regulatory authorities to raise objections due to the earlier Japanese LP.

But if we've abolished all the rules and regulations I suppose we can do what the hell we want.

So let's add it to the list ...and to hell with the consequences!

I have gone off to find some soul police to see if order can be restored. :lol:

I might be some time :lol:

Social source share

Thought the CD came first, and the single was only issued due to demand (and wasn't it to co-incide with his UK tour?) - might have got that last bit wrong. Like the Contours :lol: Which begs the question why would Tamla Motown issue the Contours on a mainstream UK 45 release if it hadn't had any exposure? OK fair enough they did just that it seems, but it strikes me as odd - good work on their part though.

The CD was first Steve , the single on Expansion was way later .Best,Eddie

Social source share

The CD was first Steve , the single on Expansion was way later .Best,Eddie

I'm not making meself clear here am i :D

I know the CD came first in 1996 way before the 45 BUT was 'Love loan' a track made at the time of the release of the CD i.e. 1996? If so, it doesn't qualify for the list? For some reason i thought it was an old record made years before and stuck on the '96 CD i.e. made in say 1977?...............it certainly sounds like it (although haven't listened to it for ages, there's probably drum machines and computers all thru it and it's my cloth ears thinking it's an old record!)? If it was an old record stuck on a '96 CD, it'd be the same situation as Garland Green! Will need to dig it out and read the sleeve notes i reckon................................the jury's still out on Jeffree :yes:

My head hurts..................

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Brett F

The only issue, which I don't think is the main reason of the thread (although the list 'could' be useful for Jocks to pick out unreleased tracks without reprisal from the cops :D ).......is that the true 'original' issue of GG is the Kent LP and that anyone found playing the Kent Anniversary 45 in it's place should be shot at dawn :yes::D:lol: Sure Brett will concur on this :lol::lol::lol:

Agreed Steve, i'd probably prefer a Bingham Model 14 bolt action clip magazine rifle with 4x32 Simmons Scope. Its a

Good Working Rifle for Pest Control Etc, but then again i'm not fussy. :lol:

Has anyone mentioned Bob & Gene on Modo 1032 " I Can Be Cool"/"You Don't Need Me", previousally unissued ?, but i know it was taken from an unreleased LP that also came out via Daptone.......Which was first ? If it's the album, then i'm changing the rules, you can't have album first tracks. wink.gif

Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Agreed Steve, i'd probably prefer a Bingham Model 14 bolt action clip magazine rifle with 4x32 Simmons Scope. Its a

Good Working Rifle for Pest Control Etc, but then again i'm not fussy. :D

Has anyone mentioned Bob & Gene on Modo 1032 " I Can Be Cool"/"You Don't Need Me", previousally unissued ?, but i know it was taken from an unreleased LP that also came out via Daptone.......Which was first ? If it's the album, then i'm changing the rules, you can't have album first tracks. :yes:

Brett

Aarrgghhh Bob & Gene same situation as GG isnt it? OK then in my book?

Social source share

A few more nominations............

Little Ann - When he's not around - Kent

Mayberry Movement - Two wrongs don't make a right - Kent

Magnetics - The look on your face - Grapevine

Maxine Brown - Torture - Kent

Phyllis Hyman - Can't do without you - Expansion

Sam Moore - Plenty good lovin' - Expansion

Pick the bones outta that lot...........

Looking forward to Rich's latest updated list :D

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I'm not making meself clear here am i :D

I know the CD came first in 1996 way before the 45 BUT was 'Love loan' a track made at the time of the release of the CD i.e. 1996? If so, it doesn't qualify for the list? For some reason i thought it was an old record made years before and stuck on the '96 CD i.e. made in say 1977?...............it certainly sounds like it (although haven't listened to it for ages, there's probably drum machines and computers all thru it and it's my cloth ears thinking it's an old record!)? If it was an old record stuck on a '96 CD, it'd be the same situation as Garland Green! Will need to dig it out and read the sleeve notes i reckon................................the jury's still out on Jeffree :yes:

My head hurts..................

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

It may have been recorded in 1980 (and even been released at the time but I'm not sure). Expansion put it out on a 45 later because of it's popularity and to co-incide with their Best Of Jeffree CD.

I don't think it qulaifies for this list

Dave

Edited by daved
Social source share

A few more nominations............

Little Ann - When he's not around - Kent

Mayberry Movement - Two wrongs don't make a right - Kent

Magnetics - The look on your face - Grapevine

Maxine Brown - Torture - Kent

Phyllis Hyman - Can't do without you - Expansion

Sam Moore - Plenty good lovin' - Expansion

Pick the bones outta that lot...........

Looking forward to Rich's latest updated list :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Think " Torture " came out on Kent LP first Steve .The others could qualify though .Think Sam Moore might have slipped out in small quantities on Atlantic - can anyone confirm ? Some good suggestions though mate :D Best,Eddie

Social source share

Would that not make 'I belong to you' eligible too then?

yes sure, my mistake. just checked it on Manship's site, it was "like a rolling stone" that was released back in the 60s on Carla (flipside to "the gallop") so it's "i belong to you" that came out first on Satiron.

Or is "like a rolling stone" on Carla an instrumental take?

Social source share

Maybe another nomination?

Milton Wright - Like a rolling stone - Satiron

previously unreleased recording that came out on the flipside of "i belong to you" on Satiron, a John Anderson 70s private press prior to the Grapevine release.

I reckon both sides are valid .Also how about Johnny Watson - It's better to cry , that slipped out a few years back ? Best,Eddie

Social source share

Previously Unreleased tracks on 45

Al Williams - Try Them (Grapevine)

Aleshure Shower The World (Phoenix)

Anita robbins / Chuck Brooks - I Can't Stand It / Last Minute Plans (Grapevine)

Barbara & the Browns - I'm Gonna Start A War (Kent)

Bobby Byrd - Thank you for your love (Contempo)

Bobby Cutchins - Leaving (Soul Junction)

Bobby Reed - Caledonia Brown / Baby Dont You Leave (UK Shrine/Goldmine)

Carla Thomas - I'll Never Stop Loving You (Kent)

Carla Thomas - I'll Never Stop Loving You / Prophets Band - Peaches Baby (6T's Anniversary)

Carla Thomas - I'll Never Stop Loving You (Horaces)

Charles Brimmer - Show & Tell (Hayley)

Chubby Checker / Teardrops - You Can't Lose Something / Here Comes Loneliness (6T's Anniversary)

Chuck Jackson / Superb Strings - What's With This Loneliness / Surf n Soul (6T's Anniversary)

Danny Cobus / Chico & Buddy - The Two Of Us / You Won't Miss The Water (Kent)

David Sea - Believe In Me - (Shotgun)

Dean Courtney / Sharon Scott - Today Is My Day / Putting My Heart Under Lock & key (6T's Anniversary)

Debra Johnson / Diplomats - To Get Love You've Got To Give Love / I Really Love You (6T's Anniversary)

Detroit Magnificents - Is This A Woman's Way? (Grapevine)

Diane Lewis JJ Barnes - Keep a hold on me / Sweet honey baby (Goldmine)

Devonnes / Mayberry Movement - Doin' The Gittin' Up / I See Him Making Love to You (6T's Anniversary)

Doni Burdick - Candle / Watcha gonna Do (Soul King)

Dottie Pearson - A House Made Of Love / Bring It Over Baby (Grapevine)

Eddie Holman - Hold Me In Your Arms (Grapevine)Eddie Holman - Where I'm not wanted c/w Larks - You Need Love (Goldmine)

Eddie Ray - Wait A Minute (Prix/Numero Group)

Edwin Starr - You got to be foolin (Connioseurs)

Edwin Starr - Has it happened to you yet (Connioseurs)

Emanual Laskey - (Put your Name) In the Hall of Fame (Hayley)

Eric & The Vikings - Hurting - (Kool Kat)

Family Underground - All We Have Is A Song / There Must Be An Answer (Hollygrove)

Family Underground - Nowhere To Love / Our loves Gone By (Hollygrove)

Gigi & The Charmaines / The Mysteries - I Don't Want To Lose Him / Too Late Now (6T's Anniversary)

Gloria Shannon - Tears Are Gifts From Heaven (Realside)

Gwen Owen - Lies / Rain (Mel-ady)

Hoagy Lands - True Love At Last (UK American USA 13)

Hy-Tones / George Jackson - Good News / All In My Mind (6T's Anniversary)

Inspirations - Gotta Find A New Love (Benn-x / Goldmine?)

J J Barnes - Love At First Sight (Hayley)

Jeffree - Love Loan (Expansion)

Jerry Williams - When You Move, You Lose (Grapevine)

Jimmy Ruffin - Leading Lady - Take My Hand (Soul Junction)

Steve Mancha - One in a million (Hayley)

Jimmy Ruffin - We Finally Found Out / Long Version (Soul Junction)

Joey Kingfish - I won't hurt you anymore (Connioseurs)

John Edwards - Tin Man (Kent)

John Edwards / Loleatta Holloway - Ain't That Good Enough / This Man's Arms (6T's Anniversary)

Johnnie Taylor / Judy Clay - Please Let Me In / Since You Came Along (6T's Anniversary)

Johnny Moore - Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow (Grapevine)

Johnny Moore - You Fixed It / Your Way Is My Way (Soul Junction)

Just Brothers - Honey (Hayley)

Lorraine Chandler / Metros - You Only Live Twice / Mr Imagination (6T's Anniversary)

Luther Ingram / Chet Ivey - Baby Don't You Weep / Mata Hari (Kent)

L.V Johnson - Recipe For Love (Goldmine)

Little Ann - Who Are You Trying to Fool (Kent)

Little Bobby Parker - I Won't Believe It (Till I See It) - (UK Shrine/Goldmine)

Loretta Kendrick - My Feelings Keep getting In The Way (Hayley)

Melba Moore - The Magic Touch / Chuck Jackson Ensemble - Little By Little - (6T's Anniversary)

Melba Moore - Magic Touch (Kent)

Melba Moore / Tommy Hunt - Magic Touch (Horaces)

Melvin Davis / Steve Mancha - I need my baby c/w Pat Lewis - Hit and run (Goldmine)

Mill Evans / Millionaires - Ain't You Glad / I'm The One Who Loves You (6T's Anniversary)

Milton Bennett / The Hesitations - What's One More Lie / Go Away (6T's Anniversary)

Mixed Emotions - Am I Imposing - ROCK-WAY

MM & The Peanuts / The Charmaines - Can't Say No / I Idolize You (6T's Anniversary)

Nelson Saunders - It's Real / I Hold The Key (Soul King)

Other Brothers / Bettye Swann - Nobody But Me / The Dance Is Over - (Kent)

Pat Lewis - Genie (Connoiseurs)

Peggy Woods / ZZ Band - Love Is Gonna Get You / You Just Cheat & Lie (6T's Anniversary)

Platters - Not My Girl - 6T's Anniversary 3

Ron Henderson & Choice Of Colour - Nobody Will Ever Take Your Love From Me / Hooked On Your Love (Soul Junction)

Ronnie Walker - Trouble (Impact)

Royal Five - Nobody Else / Don't Stop (P&L)

Rozetta Johnson - You Better Keep What You Got (Shotgun)

Sam Dees - Fool Of The Year (Shotgun)

Sammy Campbell - Hold On Till Tomorrow / For The Love Of You (Hollygrove)

Sammy Campbell - Suga Would Ya / Crazy Bout You (Hollygrove)

San Franciscan TKO's / Peggy Gaines - Make Up Your Mind / When The Boy That You Love (6T's Anniversary)

September Jones - Give Me All Of Your Love (Body & Soul)

Sharon Soul / Barbara Mercer - Girl Crazy / Happiness is here (Connioseurs)

Sons Of Robin Stone - I'm Ready To Give Up My Love / It Only Happens In The Movies

Springers - Who You Gonna Turn To (Wale)

Stella & Gazelles - I'm Not In Love With You Anymore / Topics - Nicer Girl

Sy Hightower - I Wonder Why (Hayley)

Syl Johnson - All I need is someone like you - Grapevine

The Delfonics - You'll Get Enough (Philly Groove)

The Hamptons - No No No Not My Girl - (6T's Anniversary)

The Magicians / Wee Willie Walker - Faith & Understanding / I Don't Want To Take A Chance (6T's Anniversary)

The Marvelettes - Finders keepers / Kim Weston - Do like I do (UK TMG)

The Marvelettes - Reaching for something I can't have (UK TMG)

The Metros - What's Wrong With Your Love / She's Just Not Everybody's Girl (Soul King)

The Servicemen - I'll Stop Loving You (Grapevine)

Thunderbird Sound - In heaven and on earth (Hayley)

Timmy Willis - Such Misery (Joe Boy)

Tony Drake - Hey World / Living In The Footsteps Of Another Man (It's Soul Time)

Wally Cox / Six Teasers - This Man Wants You / Doing The 100 (6T's Anniversary)

List updated - Soul King 45s / Gwen Owen / Tony Drake 45s added + Bobby Reed & Little Bobby Parker UK Shrine 45s / Delfonics added also. think we're there with the 6T's Anniversary / Kent / 45s. Additions / flaws / rants welcome :lol:

Rich

Added: Hollygrove 45s / Unissued material from Goldmine/Connoiseurs / Anita Robins / Bobby Byrd / Marvellettes /

Missing / Contentious 45s???

List Updated.

Rich

A couple of Hayley previously unreleased not included on this list;

Dathan Jones 'Contract on love' and 'Mysterious desire'

Loretta Kendrick 'Neither one of us'

Thunderbird Sound 'Our finest hour'

Sy Hightower 'Go back baby'

Emanuel Laskey 'A different kind of different'

Best

Rob

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question:

Bobby Cutchins - Leaving (Soul Junction)

I know this also was issued in the States on Lasso - but was it before or after the Soul Junction release?

Just curious...

post-5094-1222904272_thumb.jpg

Echo what John sayes:Anybody know what came first?I`ve got both copies and wanna lose one.The lasso has a better/differant flip but is it legit??

Social source share

Guest lotusland

some add-ons

John Edwards - How Can I Go On Without You (KENT) * wasn't this whole KENT series unreleased stuff? Chico + Buddy, etc..

the Symbolics - I'm Gonna Get You Back / Conflict (PLUT) awesome

Henry Turner's Crystal Band - Giving My Love Up To You (unreleased) / Music (LOTUS LAND)

Renaldo Domino - I'll Get You Back / Two Years - Four Days (SINCERE/NUMERO)

also my label (Lotus Land) is right about to put out an unreleased and amazing version of Larom Baker 'You're the Best' recorded at Curtom a year or so after the first version. that should be out mid-winter. in fact we are planning a compilation of 100% unreleased modern soul (late 70s/early 80s) for next summer with some knockout stuff on it.

Social source share

We releaed on Inferno:

Gotta Get Closer To my Love - The Showstoppers

Good record.

Rick Cooper found a white label on US Party Time so it was planned USA release for the 60's, but we were the first to put it out.

Being flip side to "Ain't Nothing But A Houseparty" on the Inferno release it sold well too, around 6,000.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert