Boogaloosoul Sat 4th October - London

Boogaloo

Hi Folks

Yes, it's that time again. First Saturday of the month and it's Boogaloosoul time. This month's guests have been thoroughly vetted for their ability to play great music and keep the dancefloor busy (even if it is small laugh.gif ). From deepest, darkest Essex we bring you Ginger Dave - Capone's resident renegade. From the dark side of North London - the return of Jeff Valle (people are still taking about your last spot at Boogaloosoul Jeff - but I thought I'd book you again, anyway :D ). And lastly, the lovely (and I do mean lovely) Ginger Lou (one of our regulars who's got great taste and always plays with passion). By the way she's not related to Dave which thankfully is why she's so good looking.

Residents Warren Boogaloo, Little Ian and Steve Clegg fill in the gaps with their platters of the usual and unusual but always the finest cuts of Northern soul, RnB, 60's and Motown. It's going to be a party so if you're not doing anything..........

Usual details

8pm-1am £5 on the door

Cellar Bar, King William IV pub and hotel

155 Trafalgar Rd, Greenwich, London SE10 9TX

Boogaloosoul@yahoo.co.uk

07838 181 375 for details

Edited by boogaloo
  • Replies 35
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Pete Bennett

Hi Folks

Yes, it's that time again. First Saturday of the month and it's Boogaloosoul time. This month's guests have been thoroughly vetted for their ability to play great music and keep the dancefloor busy (even if it is small :yes: ). From deepest, darkest Essex we bring you Ginger Dave - Capone's resident renegade. From the dark side of North London - the return of Jeff Valle (people are still taking about your last spot at Boogaloosoul Jeff - but I thought I'd book you again, anyway :D ). And lastly, the lovely (and I do mean lovely) Ginger Lou (one of our regulars who's got great taste and always plays with passion). By the way she's not related to Dave which thankfully is why she's so good looking.

Residents Warren Boogaloo, Little Ian and Steve Clegg fill in the gaps with their platters of the usual and unusual but always the finest cuts of Northern soul, RnB, 60's and Motown. It's going to be a party so if you're not doing anything..........

Usual details

8pm-1am £5 on the door

Cellar Bar, King William IV pub and hotel

155 Trafalgar Rd, Greenwich, London SE10 9TX

Boogaloosoul@yahoo.co.uk

07838 181 375 for details

Hi Warren, looks like being a goody. Unless anything unforseen happens in the meantime we will be there. Roll on Saturday.

Peter

What a little gem of a place this is... :)

plus if you wanna go shopping, there's a tesco opposite... :lol:

:lol: Great....I may just have to raid the Zinfandel shelf (pre or post Boogaloo!) Looking forward to this Warren, am staying nearbye so I can visit the fan museum in Greenwich too! (seriously...how girlie am I? :lol: ) I may see you Friday night for Ray n Russ's do in Peterborough yet but if not hope you have a stormer and I'll see you Sat night. (p.s, if you could p.m me directions I'd appreciate it.....I'm ok til I get to the bottom of the M1 then it usually goes all pear shaped....I'm a Northern (northern) lass you see!

Gail

I'm a Northern (northern) lass you see!

Gail

Looking forward to this...should be a good night...not been that far daan saaf for a long time now...do you all still wear pearls on your clothes? :)

laugh.gif Great....I may just have to raid the Zinfandel shelf (pre or post Boogaloo!) Looking forward to this Warren, am staying nearbye so I can visit the fan museum in Greenwich too! (seriously...how girlie am I? laugh.gif ) I may see you Friday night for Ray n Russ's do in Peterborough yet but if not hope you have a stormer and I'll see you Sat night. (p.s, if you could p.m me directions I'd appreciate it.....I'm ok til I get to the bottom of the M1 then it usually goes all pear shaped....I'm a Northern (northern) lass you see!

Gail

Right Gail

These directions should get you there. Courtesy of Kylee from last month's do

M1

M25

M11

A406

A12

A102

follow directions for Blackwall Tunnel. Follow signs for Greenwich turn right at Woolwich Road (A206) and it's up there on the right when it becomes Trafalgar Road opposite Tescos Express. We are downstairs in the Cellar Bar.

A warm welcome awaits you and we'll also supply some fresh hay for the horses. :(

Edited by boogaloo

....I'm ok til I get to the bottom of the M1 then it usually goes all pear shaped....I'm a Northern (northern) lass you see!

Pear shaped...we had Ken as a sat nav and finished up in Woolwich... rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to this...should be a good night...not been that far daan saaf for a long time now...do you all still wear pearls on your clothes? :(

PMSL... laugh.gif

Looking forward to this...should be a good night...not been that far daan saaf for a long time now...do you all still wear pearls on your clothes? :thumbsup:

They're buttons actually rather than pearls, but yes, we do still wear them. It's compulsory for anyone attending soul nights south of Hertfordshire. I'll be sporting this little number at Bisley this weekend in fact. I won't be bringing my little boy though - he'll be sent out to work cleaning chimneys in the big smoke.

post-8338-1222901870_thumb.jpg

They're buttons actually rather than pearls, but yes, we do still wear them. It's compulsory for anyone attending soul nights south of Hertfordshire. I'll be sporting this little number at Bisley this weekend in fact. I won't be bringing my little boy though - he'll be sent out to work cleaning chimneys in the big smoke.

Brilliant... thumbup.gif

Getting a bit panicy about this Saturday as we haven't got the kids covered yet. Am working on all known associates so hopefully we see you on Saturday.

Looking forward to this...should be a good night...not been that far daan saaf for a long time now...do you all still wear pearls on your clothes? :lol:

Don't know what those others are on about, Beeks, but Greenwich is in fact all about smoking jackets and crevats - the rest of South London bullet proof vests and endless debates on shoulder holsters vs tucked in the back of your trousers!

Never had a bad night at Boogaloo, so you should be on for a good one.

Cheers,

Dave (lol)

Don't know what those others are on about, Beeks, but Greenwich is in fact all about smoking jackets and crevats - the rest of South London bullet proof vests and endless debates on shoulder holsters vs tucked in the back of your trousers!

Never had a bad night at Boogaloo, so you should be on for a good one.

Cheers,

Dave (lol)

Ha!

Cheers Dave...One wouldn't want one to mix with the rabble would one...I take as read I will be mixing with a better class of Southern Society and am therefore leaving the horses at home so I may enjoy a light beverage or two with the custodians of the aforementioned event

What-oh

Sir Beeks of The Principality of OopNorth

Haha is that really you T? laugh.gif:D

Ha!

Cheers Dave...One wouldn't want one to mix with the rabble would one...I take as read I will be mixing with a better class of Southern Society and am therefore leaving the horses at home so I may enjoy a light beverage or two with the custodians of the aforementioned event

What-oh

Sir Beeks of The Principality of OopNorth

Ey, lab I were born in Bolton and 'ave been living down here for years so I'll be able to give you an insight into the ways of Southern folk.

Ey, lab I were born in Bolton and 'ave been living down here for years so I'll be able to give you an insight into the ways of Southern folk.

Should I bring lemonade for my lager Warren? wink.gif:D

Right Gail

These directions should get you there. Courtesy of Kylee from last month's do

M1

M25

M11

A406

A12

A102

follow directions for Blackwall Tunnel. Follow signs for Greenwich turn right at Woolwich Road (A206) and it's up there on the right when it becomes Trafalgar Road opposite Tescos Express. We are downstairs in the Cellar Bar.

A warm welcome awaits you and we'll also supply some fresh hay for the horses. :D

Aww cheers Warren, I'll just blame my passenger/navigator if we get lost anyway! laugh.gif

I'll be making the trip down to the southside this saturday Warren so pack some rhythm and blues goodies for me please.....

M

Oooooh yes please,pour moi aussi! Will be good to see you Martin. :lol:

Gail

Haha is that really you T? :lol::lol:

Yep, it really is! Look, here's Justin in full regalia too. Although he's from Blackpool he actually scrubbed up exceptionally well as a pearly king and didn't want to give the suit back. He had to be persuaded not to wear it to Middleton that night! He wasn't too good at the cockney rhyming slang though. There don't seem to be any equivalent words for barmcakes and bethkas down here.

post-8338-1222970398_thumb.jpg

If you folk want some tuition on Doin' the Lambeth Walk, we'll be doing lessons at the next Rugby niter...

T x

p.s. Ciara, if all else fails, superb babysitting agency - www.sitters.co.uk

Oooooh yes please,pour moi aussi! Will be good to see you Martin. :lol:

Gail

Comment allez vous Gail...not seen you for ages...and I see that you had a birthday last week...I hope you had a great day...I'll buy you a belated birthday drink on Saturday.

Mx

Guest Pete Bennett

Comment allez vous Gail...not seen you for ages...and I see that you had a birthday last week...I hope you had a great day...I'll buy you a belated birthday drink on Saturday.

Mx

Tu es un smooth bugger!!!

M1

M25

M11

A406

A12

A102

Its a turning not to long out of the tunnel that takes you to two roundabouts I think its the third exit on the second roundabout that takes you parallel with a flyover then up the hill a bit and when you see the bingo hall you should be in the right hand lane to turn right.

I know this bit very well but always get confused. huh.gif

M1

M25

M11

A406

A12

A102

Its a turning not to long out of the tunnel that takes you to two roundabouts I think its the third exit on the second roundabout that takes you parallel with a flyover then up the hill a bit and when you see the bingo hall you should be in the right hand lane to turn right.

I know this bit very well but always get confused. :lol:

Thanks for that Proph....I'm actually going to stay down there no, so wondered which is the nearest tube?

Mx

Knew there was a reason I liked you Martin! :lol: (Hoping to have a few cheeky ones Sat night,yes,so that would be most welcome!)

Jusqu'a Samedi soir (you (apparently) smooth bu**er you! :lol: )

Gail

Thanks for that Proph....I'm actually going to stay down there no, so wondered which is the nearest tube?

From London Bridge Station get the train (not tube ) to Maze Hill and then a short walk on the station approach and turn right onto Maze Hill Road then turn right onto Trafalgar Road and the pub is about 500 yards down on the left hand side....see link for a map CLICK HERE

Mx

Edited by Rbman

From London Bridge Station get the train (not tube ) to Maze Hill and then a short walk on the station approach and turn right onto Maze Hill Road then turn right onto Trafalgar Road and the pub is about 500 yards down on the left hand side....see link for a map CLICK HERE

Mx

Cheers for that Martin! :lol: