Jp Robinson+choice Of Colour+jr Bailey+the Exportations+continental Showstoppers

Begsbie

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 29
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Modern Skip Tone

I'm looking for:

Continental Showstoppers - Not Too Young - Seventy 7

The Exportations - I want You -Vir-ro

JR Bailey - Love won't wear off (as the years wear on) Calla

Choice of Colour- Your love APT

Jp Robinson - Our day is here - Blue Candle

Thanks in advance :lol: .

Begsbie - got a mint plus copy of Choice Of Colour - Your Love/Youre Twenty One Today (APT - 26011).

Still in the abc/dunhill sleeve @ £400.00. Intrested then give us a shout or PM.

Social source share

I'm looking for:

Thanks in advance wink.gif .

Have a listen to the Jimmy Beaumount & the Skyliners version of the JP Robinson tune.....easier to get hold of, and a lot cheaper too, top tune, get's an airing down at the Greatstone....PS soundbite on John Manships......Tony thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Have a listen to the Jimmy Beaumount & the Skyliners version of the JP Robinson tune.....easier to get hold of, and a lot cheaper too, top tune, get's an airing down at the Greatstone....PS soundbite on John Manships......Tony :lol:

Hate to disagree with you Tony, but I think Jimmy Beaumont is a very poor substitute for J.P. Robinson. Like drinking coffee made from acorns.

Social source share

'He did indeed which is why I bought it.......got a very nice surprise when I flipped it '

So did I!! Heard Mr. Dobson play it on the odd occasion too. Can't ask for more out of two sides imho. Only gripe if i'm pushed is that 'Our Day' could do with another go on the chorus after that brilliant flute break.....

Social source share

'He did indeed which is why I bought it.......got a very nice surprise when I flipped it '

So did I!! Heard Mr. Dobson play it on the odd occasion too. Can't ask for more out of two sides imho. Only gripe if i'm pushed is that 'Our Day' could do with another go on the chorus after that brilliant flute break.....

A brilliant double sider from a great, great singer. I wonder if there is an extended tape version of Our Day somewhere with more of J.P.'s goosebump-inducing vocals. If so I would love to hear it.

Social source share

Hate to disagree with you Tony, but I think Jimmy Beaumont is a very poor substitute for J.P. Robinson. Like drinking coffee made from acorns.

Hi Gareth,

How things? long overdue a visit up north mate?? my pedantic hat on at the moment...I don't think I actually said it is as good as JP, just a cheaper alternative :thumbsup:

Social source share

A brilliant double sider from a great, great singer. I wonder if there is an extended tape version of Our Day somewhere with more of J.P.'s goosebump-inducing vocals. If so I would love to hear it.

Luppers played it in Asturias and it sounded awesome, anthemic i might go as far as to say. Lighters in the air and all that. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for:

Thanks in advance :( .

A couple of those on my site

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

I sold one for £350 recently

I have sold 3 excellent plus copies of Choice Of Colour for £400.00 each over the last 4 years.....and I do recall some of these copies were entitled "Our Love" instead of Your Love. But I suppose this record is outplayed now.....Had my copies since 1984 and it was even reintroduced at the Queens Hall modern room in 1987, thanks to Pete Shirley.

But compare this record to Nightchill - Hop Skip And Jump demanding £400. :huh::D:no: . I could not give these records away in the mid eighties and was a early 80's modern soul pack inclusion. I chucked one in a deal/trade "free" last year with a big named Orwell jock. :unsure:

Thanks.

Social source share