Jackie Wilson Original?

Guest mickdale

what were the labels on the ORIGINAL jackie wilson singles

seen some singles on ebay and US brunswick 55149 is red but US brunswick 55321 is black with multi coloured arrow

cheers

mick

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

55166 ("Night") is the last maroon (red) that i have. i also have it on solid orange. the orange runs from 55166 to 55243 ("say i do" w/linda hopkins). The multi color starts at 55246 ("shake shake shake"). though some of the more popular early ones were issued later on the multi colored label.

Social source share

Excuse my ignorance but where do the Gold Label ones come in , I saw the Artistics on e-bay - Hope we Have - on Gold Brunswick but I only have it on Black

also used to have Herb Johnson on Gold , are the Gold ones 1st release on 2nd or am i talking B*ll*cks , Help !! :)

Cheers

Swifty

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

i believe coral could be original wasn't they ones done before he went to Brunswick and what about ones on MCA or is that British.

i am very big on Jackie Wilson and have a few singles and albums

Social source share

I think all the US releases were on brunswick.....other than a few on the collectibles reissue label. I'm not sure about the canadian issues they could have been issued on coral?

Wasn't he the only artist on Brunswick for a few years? Since Decca signed him with Nat but didn't want him on the Major imprint so they re-activated the subsidiary? If I'm right, I'd love to know who the next artist to have a pressing on the label was. If I'm wrong then I apologise.

The demos are yellow.

Matt

x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert