Impressions Discography Anywhere

Guest Dan

is there a full impressions discog anywhere on the web does anyone know?

can't see one on soul talk

probably in dave rimmer's book but i can't lay my hands on it

ta

dan

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great credit to Dave Rimmer, very useful discog Dave, dunno why i didn't think of it before.

NEXT QUESTION THOUGH: did 'Stay Close To Me' ever come out on 45? Not mentioned in the discog but sure i've heard it and seen it????

Plus anyone got a copy if it is on 45???

Desperate for one!

Social source share

Great credit to Dave Rimmer, very useful discog Dave, dunno why i didn't think of it before.

NEXT QUESTION THOUGH: did 'Stay Close To Me' ever come out on 45? Not mentioned in the discog but sure i've heard it and seen it????

Plus anyone got a copy if it is on 45???

Desperate for one!

link

Now this might be obvious but are you thinking of the other version I know such as the one by The Five Stairsteps and Cubie? Its only a tenner or so. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Don't rightly know Dan.  It's on the LP This Is My Country.

link

Thanks Chalky, i'll dig it out. What a sound 'This Is My Country' is itse;f, by the way.

Thanks Taffy, also. Don't suppose anyone has a spanish 45 to sell me??

Social source share

I believe the Impressions 45 "stay close to me" is Portuguese (Buddah i think).....its one of the Impressions holy grails..(like the Coca Cola 45).......i believe Mick Smith had one (but that was 20 years ago).......the nice Spanish 45 is their version of "nothing can stop me" on ABC-Hispavox.......

Social source share

I believe the Impressions 45 "stay close to me" is Portuguese (Buddah i think).....its one of the Impressions holy grails..(like the Coca Cola 45).......i believe Mick Smith had one (but that was 20 years ago).......the nice Spanish 45 is their version of "nothing can stop me"  on ABC-Hispavox.......

link

ah. unlikely i'll find one in nuneaton oxfam then.

what possessed them to bring it out in portugal i wonder?

if anyone does have one...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!