Mel Wynn & The Rhythm Aces - Stop Sign

Guest loempiavreter

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Seriously, I have never heard the record played anywhere at a soul event.

I'm not saying I dont like it but apart from hearing it on the Pye LP in the 70s and seeing the odd copy on Wand in a few sales boxes, its fame must only be on the recent reworked version in the charts.

Was it a big Torch/Wheel spin?

Social source share

I'm not saying I dont like it but apart from hearing it on the Pye LP in the 70s and seeing the odd copy on Wand in a few sales boxes, its fame must only be on the recent reworked version in the charts.

I've been giving it the odd spin over the last year or so.

Social source share

It was played everwhere cira 1973, a Wand copy costing £1.50/£2.00 at the time.

Social source share

yes,

never heard it played anywhere, nor seen on playlists but i also assumed this was a mega classic since it was featured on an 8t's kent compilation (it's torture?)

g

Social source share

yes early very wigan era ,that was a great album when it came out, every track brill, ez

Funny that cos I bought that LP at the time and thought it was shit, Curtis Blandon, Darryl Stewart, crap like that, obviously went over my head because I couldn't appreciate the finess of the Mecca records. I preferred Pye's "Great Disco demands" with Al Wilson (help me), Casualeers, Jerry Williams, The Vel vets, none of this Patti Jo nonsense :thumbsup:

Social source share

I played it out a couple of months ago to a surprisingly good dancefloor reaction.

yes,

never heard it played anywhere, nor seen on playlists but i also assumed this was a mega classic since it was featured on an 8t's kent compilation (it's torture?)

g

Social source share

Funny that cos I bought that LP at the time and thought it was shit, Curtis Blandon, Darryl Stewart, crap like that, obviously went over my head because I couldn't appreciate the finess of the Mecca records. I preferred Pye's "Great Disco demands" with Al Wilson (help me), Casualeers, Jerry Williams, The Vel vets, none of this Patti Jo nonsense :yes:

Wash your mouth out Patti Jo is Fan bloody tastic.

Ed

Social source share

I first heard Mel Wynn-Stop Sign at the Catacombs. It was the only record i knew when that LP came out, and i bought the LP too in what, 1975/6 and not being a Mecca fan/follower/whatever i was amazed at the stuff on it. It was NS greatness and i soon learnt that Mecca played stuff that Wigan wasnt even close to. That was Ian Levine for you. Someone who at that time i wasnt even familiar or even aware of. To me Stop Sign was a Cats classic and a rare record too. It took me 20 odd years to find an original, so, yes i'd say its a rare thing then and now.

Social source share

BLUE MAX , GAVE IT REGULAR SPINS AT THE CATACOMB'S.

WAS ALLSO A INDEMANDER SOUND AT THE OCTOPUS SOUL CLUB( SATURDAY DINNERTIME) PRIOR TO THE MATCH AND PRE WARM UP FOR THE CATS ON THE NIGHT.

SWO sleep3.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!