Paul-s

• Replies 269
  • Views 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

"I heard it through the grapevine" rolleyes.gif That this production has run into difficulties and that one of the actors has walked? Can anyone from the film enlighten us?

The majority of film productions hit snags before completion , and I would be surprised if " SO " was an exception ......

If one of the leads has done a Bobby Paris , it will be interesting to find out the reason why ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

The majority of film productions hit snags before completion , and I would be surprised if " SO " was an exception ......

If one of the leads has done a Bobby Paris , it will be interesting to find out the reason why ........

Malc Burton

COME ON 'Souled Out' reps? Where are you? I thought you were going to keep us informed.. When you want extras for nowt, youre on here ALL the time? Whats the score?

Social source share

Guest redditch dancer
:lol: perhaps he,s walked out cos he knows the film is gonna be crap. only going on from what iv,e heard from friends who have been left sitting around for days waiting for something to happen while filming. they tell me also that the film is not truly representing northern soul as we know it. :)
Social source share

:lol: perhaps he,s walked out cos he knows the film is gonna be crap. only going on from what iv,e heard from friends who have been left sitting around for days waiting for something to happen while filming. they tell me also that the film is not truly representing northern soul as we know it. :lol:

Well! There a suprise :lol: ...wrong clothes for the period, No smoking in scenes, wrong badges for period, wrong shaped people for period, wrong style of dancing for period...not giving a flying f--k about the extras, a deep lack of knowledge on the subject matter....mmmmmm and now actors are walking... :) I hope Levine doesn't have a go at me for being negative :yes: But..................

Social source share

That's always been one of my problems. Well, that and being the wrong shape as well :)

But still, I hope the problems are resolved. I can't wait to get down Cineworld to see this when it comes out.

Maybe one of the 'stunt' dancers can tell us whats going on? Liam, Paul ? ? ?

Social source share

Malc Burton

COME ON 'Souled Out' reps? Where are you? I thought you were going to keep us informed.. When you want extras for nowt, youre on here ALL the time? Whats the score?

Do you know....isnt it strange..that those who were oh soo quick to come on here..and tell the rest of us ...who voiced reservations...are oooh sooo quiet now :lol: ..... :) ....Delxxxx

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Did the filming of the exterior shots actually happen in Birmingham as planned?

I know they changed the date/s once - but when I went past down the Hagley Road didn't see any activity as I would have expected.

Maybe I still got the date or timing wrong??!!

MB

Social source share

Well if it isn't Soul Source's version of Les Tricouteurs...

:thumbup::hypo::g:

Took me 2 pages of Google though :( .........french is not my strong point....... :lol: come to think of it...what is ? :lol:

:yes:

Social source share

"I heard it through the grapevine" rolleyes.gif That this production has run into difficulties and that one of the actors has walked? Can anyone from the film enlighten us?

I took my youngest son to this just last Monday, he'd had a call about being an extra, so being a winner of N/S dancing contests of we went. Phew, sat, walked, and frouned my way through the day up until 3.20am when filming stopped and then back Tuesday for a session from 1pm through till midnight.

Being able to walk round the set was great, seeing all that activity and folks doing specific jobs but as time went by it became more and more obvious that the homework hadn't been done to any great extent.

Talking on the set with a member of the crew on the Monday night I was told by this person that they "only knew two things about N/S, one that there was loads of fights and two there wasn't any drugs". It was obvious from the scenes I saw being filmed that that was exactly what everybody else thought.

Most of the extras were teenagers either from agencys or from Stoke and surronding areas who quite clearly had not been given any real idea as to how you dance to northern and this again was reflected in the scenes, some of which made me cringe.

Ok I know you have to have a story, and there was a lot of energy in the dance scenes mainly, and thankfully because they chose not to use (on this occasion anyway)balding fat blokes who still think they can dance the way they did back then.

We finally left, his choice, half way through the Tuesday session because he had become cheesed of with the whole experiance, thankfully it hasn't put him of and he'll be at Prestatyn with us.

Ill still go and see the film because these things can seem a little strange while in the process of filming, but it will not be with any real expectation about how it represents something I was involved in as a teenager.

Chris

Social source share

I took my youngest son to this just last Monday, he'd had a call about being an extra, so being a winner of N/S dancing contests of we went. Phew, sat, walked, and frouned my way through the day up until 3.20am when filming stopped and then back Tuesday for a session from 1pm through till midnight.

Being able to walk round the set was great, seeing all that activity and folks doing specific jobs but as time went by it became more and more obvious that the homework hadn't been done to any great extent.

Talking on the set with a member of the crew on the Monday night I was told by this person that they "only knew two things about N/S, one that there was loads of fights and two there wasn't any drugs". It was obvious from the scenes I saw being filmed that that was exactly what everybody else thought.

Most of the extras were teenagers either from agencys or from Stoke and surronding areas who quite clearly had not been given any real idea as to how you dance to northern and this again was reflected in the scenes, some of which made me cringe.

Ok I know you have to have a story, and there was a lot of energy in the dance scenes mainly, and thankfully because they chose not to use (on this occasion anyway)balding fat blokes who still think they can dance the way they did back then.

We finally left, his choice, half way through the Tuesday session because he had become cheesed of with the whole experiance, thankfully it hasn't put him of and he'll be at Prestatyn with us.

Ill still go and see the film because these things can seem a little strange while in the process of filming, but it will not be with any real expectation about how it represents something I was involved in as a teenager.

Chris

The film guys have probably given up with SS then and are using agency extra's instead. I'll be surprised if the extra's were told anymore than how to get to Stoke.

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Probably a little naughty but.........

If the film has used an agency instead of relying on the goodwill of people, they'd have HAD to pay up. Could therein lie the problem?

Social source share

i still hope its released and will wait to see it before i slag it off....as far as sitting around all day goes my brothers girlfriend is an extra for the bbc and has done work on major films too and shes says theres lots of sitting around in every production so im not surprised youngsters are getting bored.....period mistakes ? its bound to have lots almost every film made..even big budget hollywooders..have....

and i dont think you can tell what a film is gonna look like until the editors (no not the band !)have done there magic...certainly not by watching them film it....

saying all this ofcourse the music and dancing shots used have got to be right....buut after all the previous threads on here they must know that already...

Social source share

Maybe they've done all the close up dancing scenes already and just need the other extras for crowd scenes?

Richard's cousin went to Stoke, she's a trained dancer and I would have thought they would have tried a bit harder with her as ,although she didn't really know how to dance in the proper "Northern" style, she quite clearly could have picked it up as she is trained in ballet and jazz dance. When they called her to ask her to go they asked her about her dancing experience but she was largely ignored when she got there. And she's a skinny 17 year old who would have looked the part wink.gif

Social source share

Probably a little naughty but.........

If the film has used an agency instead of relying on the goodwill of people, they'd have HAD to pay up. Could therein lie the problem?

yes.gif

Social source share

laugh.giflaugh.gif:(

Stitch one, pearl one, drop, kick.......

Think it's Tricoteuses (I got my O-Level French, but it's been a long time!)

Thanks Bogue and Richard for getting my joke. It comes from being a David Bowie fan, in the song Sweet Thing off Diamond Dogs he uses that expression and I discovered eventually that Les Tricoteurs were the women who used to hang around the guillotine passing their time by knitting and whatever waiting for the executions to happen.

Social source share

Thanks Bogue and Richard for getting my joke. It comes from being a David Bowie fan, in the song Sweet Thing off Diamond Dogs he uses that expression and I discovered eventually that Les Tricoteurs were the women who used to hang around the guillotine passing their time by knitting and whatever waiting for the executions to happen.

Thanks for explaining your joke smile.gif

Social source share

as far as sitting around all day goes my brothers girlfriend is an extra for the bbc and has done work on major films too and shes says theres lots of sitting around in every production so im not surprised youngsters are getting bored.....period mistakes ? its bound to have lots almost every film made..even big budget

They get paid....

Social source share

Chris

AS I said on an earlier thread when 'Souled Out' were actually replying :lol: I read the script 3 years ago and it was appalling, full of fights and only had ONE reference to soul in the form of a Kim Weston record! :lol: . Obviously with the 60's Whinehouse. Ronson, Duffy revival, people are trying to push crap scripts into a 'soul' setting....thats how they convince financiers that there is a market for them..The 'souled Out' script , when I read it, had NOTHING to do with the Northern Soul scene....It had two fights in the first few pages!! Square peg in a round hole syndrome im afraid. It seems ALL those who doubted the film were slagged of by the mercinary, 15 seconds of fame brigade as negative and small minded. BUT NOW, they are no where to be heard or seen??

Where is the update? 'Souled Out' producers? Levine?, Stunt Dancers Liam , Paul etc...Does ANYONE know whats going on or what they gave their time and memories to ? Or was the driving force just the desire to see themselves paid or on film? Maybe ego's rather than thought and care prevailed on this occasion? Just a question.... :lol:

Social source share

Guest SouledOutFilm

Hello,

Thought I'd pop on to see how everyone was doing on this forum, and to see where the latest debate was up to. A bit surprised to find this thread! So just to update everyone, we finished shooting on Sept 26th, and every scene is in the can. No cast members walked off. The Birmingham shoot went really well too. The production team is having a bit of down-time, as everyone seems to have developed Stoke flu.

A massive thank you to everyone who took part in either advising on, or participating in the film, the rushes look amazing!

Production stills about to go on the website.

In Soul x

Social source share

Hello,

Thought I'd pop on to see how everyone was doing on this forum, and to see where the latest debate was up to. A bit surprised to find this thread! So just to update everyone, we finished shooting on Sept 26th, and every scene is in the can. No cast members walked off. The Birmingham shoot went really well too. The production team is having a bit of down-time, as everyone seems to have developed Stoke flu.

A massive thank you to everyone who took part in either advising on, or participating in the film, the rushes look amazing!

In Soul x

wow, thats a coincidence that you popped on and were suprised by the thread. I thought someone would at least have told you the debate. Anyway, glad its ALL going well. Whens it due out?

Yours in shoes x

Social source share

Is the above member SouledOutFilm your production contact then Pete? Did you tip him off about this thread?

Nosey git.

No, don't know who he is, the only one I know is the costume chap, and I only heard from him yesterday cos he wanted to know how to get audio tracks off a dvd I did him onto an ipod, the film was never mentioned.

Social source share

Hello,

In Soul x

Well done mate.. That was as slick as that that bloke on live at the moment.... Mr Cameron... :yes: ..

You appeared as if by magic, just like Mr Benn :D

As the song says " i don't want no one sided deal" :D ..

Always good to hear from the punters to get a real feel of anything..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert