Twisted Wheel Membership Cards

Guest moore572

Guest moore572

JUST FOUND MY OLD WHEEL MEMBERSHIP CARD FROM 1969, I WAS A MEMBER FROM 1967-1971 BUT AM HAVING TROUBLE REMEMBERING WHAT COLOUR CARDS WERE FOR 1967,1968,1970 I REMEMBER GETTING A BLACK WHEEL CARD FROM THE LAST NIGHT...... CAN ANYONE HELP?

contact me at moore572@yahoo.co.uk

MANY THANKS

post-8874-1222782893_thumb.jpg

post-8874-1222782906_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Images

JUST FOUND MY OLD WHEEL MEMBERSHIP CARD FROM 1969, I WAS A MEMBER FROM 1967-1971 BUT AM HAVING TROUBLE REMEMBERING WHAT COLOUR CARDS WERE FOR 1967,1968,1970 I REMEMBER GETTING A BLACK WHEEL CARD FROM THE LAST NIGHT...... CAN ANYONE HELP?

contact me at moore572@yahoo.co.uk

MANY THANKS

My TW MC is a red one , dating from mid 1965 , and has a validation date until January 1st , 1968 ........

I know that there were also yellow , green and blue ones from around that time .....

In respect of a ' black ' card , I seem to recall that these were done by Ivor Albadi for the last night , as a pastiche of berevement letters sent out when a family member had died .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest moore572

My TW MC is a red one , dating from mid 1965 , and has a validation date until January 1st , 1968 ........

I know that there were also yellow , green and blue ones from around that time .....

In respect of a ' black ' card , I seem to recall that these were done by Ivor Albadi for the last night , as a pastiche of berevement letters sent out when a family member had died .......

Malc Burton

i am pretty sure i had red, orange, green and yellow but need to know years, many thanks

Social source share

just been informed green is 1968

I will make a phone call this morning , to a certain authoritve party , who will / should be able to confirm years in respect of MC colours .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest moore572

I will make a phone call this morning , to a certain authoritve party , who will / should be able to confirm years in respect of MC colours .........

Malc Burton

many thanks, it is very kind of you...................wish my memory was better........................

Social source share

many thanks, it is very kind of you...................wish my memory was better........................

I have got the info for you , and have sent you a PM to get in contact .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest soulfulrosa

My Wheel card form 1966 was GREEN, and I also remember having a BLUE one because I lost my first one.

I went circa 1965-1970. Up to the close, but I was living in London when it actually closed in Jan 1971.

But Hubbie Joe remembers RED only??

Joe went circa 1965-1970, but also remembers more important colours. if you get the drift. Not in any way trying to be clever here, just stating the facts of the era!!!

KTF

Sylvia and Joe

xx

Malc Burton

Edited by soulfulrosa
Social source share

Guest moore572

many thanks for your help, i now have all the information i was looking for..........good to know that there are a few 'oldies' out there

post-8874-1223060443_thumb.jpg

post-8874-1223060472_thumb.jpg

Edited by moore572
Social source share

many thanks for your help, i now have all the information i was looking for..........good to know that there are a few 'oldies' out there

Further to our very enjoyable telephone conversation yesterday , I thought I would post the information we discussed ......

Up to 1967 . there were a variety of colours used ( yellow , red , blue , green , orange ) for MC , and it was a case of you were given " what was taken off the pile / picked up " .........

It was decided that from the start of 1967 , that a particular colour should be used , in order to signify / clarify the year , hence the following were issued .......

1967 - Red : 1968 - Green : 1969 - Blue : 1970 - Yellow , amd 1971 - Orange

The black ones given out for the last night , were not as I thought , done / authorised by Ivor Abadi , but by someone else ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!