• Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest mel brat

post-9520-1223478913_thumb.jpg

I like this one but not as colourful as the Volt but same colour as the Tuba issue.-Sounds fantastic though!

Yup, has to be the UK Stax issue for me too! Hard to explain why though... :unsure: I hadn't played it for about 20 years as I figured it sounded a bit "shallow" in later years, until a friend raved over it when it came out on a compilation CD and I got to like it all over again!

(Also, I'd clean forgotten it was another Teddy Randazzo and Victoria Pike song!)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Yup, has to be the UK Stax issue for me too! Hard to explain why though... :unsure: I hadn't played it for about 20 years as I figured it sounded a bit "shallow" in later years, until a friend raved over it when it came out on a compilation CD and I got to like it all over again!

(Also, I'd clean forgotten it was another Teddy Randazzo and Victoria Pike song!)

For me, Teddy Randazzo's finest moment (Northern wise!) since I first heard this record, it's stayed in my all time top ten, where so many others have moved in and out! Did he not co-write it with Landy McNeil?

steve

Social source share

Brilliant record and just goes to show there are still some great sounds at £10-15 still out there. And yeah, on Volt rather harder to find than Tuba.

Social source share

Here's a scan from eBay of the Tuba release to compare with the scan above. This one doesn't have the Detroit Address and is missing the Teddy Randazzo production credit :rolleyes:

Cheers

Richard

premium_stuff@hotmail.com

This has to be pretty scarce with the omission of address and teddy credit. As for seeing a Demo. I once had one. It only said plug side on the soul power side, the disc being the common one with the address etc, but it was not white.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert