Soulshakers Weekender 2009

sorry, don't like disco and boogie, but punk. stick yourself with your boring elevator and love boat music.

Please note that this kind of music is no longer called elevator music as this would be an insult to any serious elevator music composer. From now on please use "escalator music" you filthy punk ... :thumbsup:

• Replies 164
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hi malayka, slight problem me think, booked my flight 2 weeks ago and accomendation, had a phone call at 8 o'clock this morning saying that the weekend passes has sold out how do i stand cheers billy

what??? sold out 3 months before the event, this must be a joke. are you sure nobody is having a laugh with you? Who did call you?

Most of the germans don't book in advance normally, they just come. There can't be that many people coming from elsewhere. I mean there is a capacity of around 600-700 for the allnighters.

I'm getting nervous now.

cheers

martin

Edited by soulie78

what??? sold out 3 months before the event, this must be a joke. are you sure nobody is having a laugh with you? Who did call you?

Most of the germans don't book in advance normally, they just come. There can't be that many people coming from elsewhere. I mean there is a capacity of around 600-700 for the allnighters.

I'm getting nervous now.

cheers

martin

martin, you don't need to panic about a ticket...you're djing!!! and you're wrong, the capacity is less than 700 if you wnat to have it comfortable...and it is true, we have sold/reserved a LOT of tickets already, mainly to people coming from other european countries!

Now, go on worrying about your records :unsure:

M.

martin, you don't need to panic about a ticket...you're djing!!! and you're wrong, the capacity is less than 700 if you wnat to have it comfortable...and it is true, we have sold/reserved a LOT of tickets already, mainly to people coming from other european countries!

Now, go on worrying about your records :unsure:

M.

Who wants it comfortable?

It should be hot and wet!

I didn't care about tickets for me, but for billy, or any other soulie travelling from abroad.

So tell us, can they still get tickets?

I'm always worrying about my records. Will practise how to use them after this two year break in nuremberg in april.

Hope you are, too? Little boogie disco queen!

I'm getting nervous now.

cheers

martin

hi martin, i take soulie 78 when u were born, i mention no names that is what i have been told,i heard it was so good last year, it got me thinking, spoke to the main lady malayka everything is sweet.Billy :unsure:

hi martin, i take soulie 78 when u were born, i mention no names that is what i have been told,i heard it was so good last year, it got me thinking, spoke to the main lady malayka everything is sweet.Billy :lol:

yes, of course 'm not 78 years old, that's when i was born. But that's got nothing to do with anything, concerning that you get your tickets. So I'm glad you got'em. Nice to have you over here.

Hope you'll enjoy Bamberg. But this year I'll be dj-ing, so probably won't be as good as last year. But there's always the other room and the bar area :g:

best

martin

• 3 weeks later...

...also - Susanne & I decided to go for a 4 points soundsystem to give better quality sound in the big room - just need to make sure that not everybody "fiddles around on it".... :lol::lol:

YOU WOULD NOT :) BE REFFERING TO A CERTAIN SHAVEN HEADED DJ, FROM WREXHAM, WHOS BEEN FIDDLING WITH SOUND SYSTEMS FOR THE LAST 40 YEARS,WHO I COULD NOT POSSIBLY NAME :lol: ,MR BARNFARTHER :wave::lol: WOULD YOU ?????????????

Barbara - please make sure Ollo is in top form for Bamberg.... :lol:

I will do my very best... And if I come on cruches... :-)

Or maybe Ba can carry me... laugh.gif

Cheers Malayka.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Best pots and dishes

Ollo

• 2 weeks later...

Susanne & Malayka proudly present:

The SoulShakers Weekender

1-2-3 May 2009

with

Butch, UK

SoulSam, UK

Brad Hales, USA

Lars Bulnheim, GER

Edu Domingo, ES

Marc Forrest, GER

Ady Pountain, UK

Malayka, CH

Martin Walgenbach, GER

Dave Thorley, UK

afternoon Djs:

Stefan Kubernus & Tolbert, GER

Niels Fischer, GER

Markus Sichter, GER

Raphi Gruenig, CH

many more tbc/tba.

Programme:

30.04.2009 " Music for your eyes" Warm up with films and Djs @ Lichtspiel Cinema & Bar

01.05.2009 Allnighter @ Haas Saele

02.05.2009 Afternoon Session @ Caffebar am Kranen

02.05.2009 Allnighter @ Haas Saele

03.05.2009 Soul'n'Sausage Session @ Stilbruch

PLEASE BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION WELL IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!

Contact me for further information & updates or check out www.soul-shakers.de or www.myspace.com/soulshakersbamberg

See you in Bamberg!

Malayka & Susanne

SOUL & SAUSAGES !!!!!!!! JEUX SANS FRONTIERES ??? IT'S GONNA BE A KNOCKOUT ..OR IS THAT A LOCK-OUT ??? CAN'T WAIT !!! I'VE PACKED THE BISTO AND THE DADDIES SAUCE !!!!!!! CPTN M !!! WHO'S THE DADDY ??? :D

Only a few weeks to go now so who else is going over from the UK?

Mark C :ohmy:

Me me (and me!!) Cant wait Mark can you? Was so great last year,music,venues,weather,company all superb! :lol:

Yes, Susanne & i are seriously excited ...and serviously busy getting the last bits and pieces sorted....

Quick update on thursday's warm up session, we will show Cadillac records in the main cinema, alternative documentaries around soulmusic in the smaller room and of course musical pleasures from our guests!

M.

The sun is shining, the sky is blue and we'll get over 20 Degree Celsius this week here in Bamberg. That's good after this strong and cold winter.

Just reminded me of the last three weekenders. But I'll have to wait another 5 weeks for all the good music and people. :(:(:wub::)

cheers,

Martin

PS: The beer gardens are still not open, which is good for my liver, but they'll be right in time for the weekender.

The sun is shining, the sky is blue and we'll get over 20 Degree Celsius this week here in Bamberg. That's good after this strong and cold winter.

Just reminded me of the last three weekenders. But I'll have to wait another 5 weeks for all the good music and people. :(:(:wub::)

cheers,

Martin

PS: The beer gardens are still not open, which is good for my liver, but they'll be right in time for the weekender.

Can't wait for the weekend to come. First proper weekender since 2005 for Karin and me, unfortunately it probably will be the last weekender for Karin for the next one or two years :(

Can't wait for the weekend to come. First proper weekender since 2005 for Karin and me, unfortunately it probably will be the last weekender for Karin for the next one or two years :rolleyes:

I see, the next baby is on its way.

Was the last one the first bamberg weekender?

I'm very excited, haven't djed for two years. But will do a little bit of training on april 11th in Nuremberg.

I'm very excited, haven't djed for two years. But will do a little bit of training on april 11th in Nuremberg.

so will you do liver training in nuremberg as well :thumbsup:

yeah, it's fair to say...the next few weeks will fly past...

Yes, our last weekender was the very first Bamberg one. But wasn't that 2006? I think 2005 was our last Rimini weekender..

Yes, our last weekender was the very first Bamberg one. But wasn't that 2006? I think 2005 was our last Rimini weekender..

Ah,yes of course 2006, because it's the 4th to come...

PS: I thought it's the third this year, seems that I don't have to much memories of the 2nd weekender. Probably because of the liver training...

so will you do liver training in nuremberg as well :lol:

yeah, it's fair to say...the next few weeks will fly past...

As you might know, for sure this will be the biggest part of the training. Hopefully Krapfo will be there :lol::lol: or Dominik will have to be my coach.

I just noticed that i never mentioned the Djs who will entertain us on thursday night at the Lichtspiel bar/Alternative cinema.

Steve Lloyd, The Jan & Brother Mahood will delight us with their treasures...

Don't forget, this bar serves one of the best drinks in town - vodka rhubarb!

malayka

Edited by malayka
Guest Rhonda

starting to look forward to this now........the party will start Thur night at the Radisson Stansted :D

Hi Val

There's 6 of us going from Select Soul but we're not as affluent as you so our party starts at the Travelodge in Dunmow on Thursday night. :wicked:

I take it we're all on the same flight, early Friday 7.30 ish with Air Berlin.

Not heard from Dave yet if he is running the mini bus the same as last year!! Hope so.

See you soon

Liz

starting to look forward to this now........the party will start Thur night at the Radisson Stansted :D

We will be in Bamberg on our 3rd real beer (i.e. German) by then, shall keep you and the lovely Elaine a seat!

I just noticed that i never mentioned the Djs who will entertain us on thursday night at the Lichtspiel bar/Alternative cinema.

Steve Lloyd, The Jan & Brother Mahoon will delightuswith their treasures...

Don't forget, this bar serves one of the best drinks in town - vodka rhubarb!

malayka

And this is where we will be having our beers, looking forward to returning to my second home, pity there wasn't an England Germany footie game on that weekend to cheer my German friends on at..... :wicked:

We will be in Bamberg on our 3rd real beer (i.e. German) by then, shall keep you and the lovely Elaine a seat!

And this is where we will be having our beers, looking forward to returning to my second home, pity there wasn't an England Germany footie game on that weekend to cheer my German friends on at..... :wicked:

Hey don't forget me and julia....

Hey don't forget me and julia....

Of course was meaning to to say that Diane is saving a seat for you 2, says he covering his tracks and trying desperately not to end up in Julia's bad books! :D

Looking forward to a Wiessbeir or 2 with you matey, and all night drinking how will we cope. Mr Byrne and Mr Anderson mumbled about fancying it but haven't heard anything, assume they may be off getting waxed etc for their next NY drag show...... :wicked:

Of course was meaning to to say that Diane is saving a seat for you 2, says he covering his tracks and trying desperately not to end up in Julia's bad books! :D

Looking forward to a Wiessbeir or 2 with you matey, and all night drinking how will we cope. Mr Byrne and Mr Anderson mumbled about fancying it but haven't heard anything, assume they may be off getting waxed etc for their next NY drag show...... :wicked:

what a surprise, didn`t know you were going as well ! Great.

Hi Val

There's 6 of us going from Select Soul but we're not as affluent as you so our party starts at the Travelodge in Dunmow on Thursday night. :P

I take it we're all on the same flight, early Friday 7.30 ish with Air Berlin.

Not heard from Dave yet if he is running the mini bus the same as last year!! Hope so.

See you soon

Liz

You need to ask Malayka about that. I was suposed to drive it last year, then went out drinking with Roddy the night before :thumbsup: . By the time i woke up everyone was already in Bamberg :D

You need to ask Malayka about that. I was suposed to drive it last year, then went out drinking with Roddy the night before :thumbup: . By the time i woke up everyone was already in Bamberg :lol:

Why do you think we're starting a day early this year :P

......Thursday is the new Friday :yes:

m

I'm getting excited about this again now....t'was lush last year, and this year its bound to be even better with Billy on board! :-)

Malayka, just to check, you did reserve 2 tickets for me (ages ago!) didnt you?

Gail x :thumbsup:

I'm getting excited about this again now....t'was lush last year, and this year its bound to be even better with Billy on board! :-)

Malayka, just to check, you did reserve 2 tickets for me (ages ago!) didnt you?

Gail x :thumbup:

Gail, i luv u more than roses, i luv u more than candy, i luv u more than a double sided 45 record, hang on marks funnier then me.

Billy :thumbsup: