• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soulmanuk

no mate still very rare and unlikely to turn up in quantity

as its not a major label release or is it from the USA

say no more

gasher

John Manship had one for set sale on his site a couple of weeks ago. Uncovered. It went within a day I believe.

Social source share

remember they did actulLly released 2 on the label and the other is rare too

he has nothing on his site and he normall lists when it arrives in stock and still shows as NA WHEN NOT THERE..AND IT AINT THERE

so I have my doubts he had it...unless he tells me otherwise.. or someone tells me they bought it.

gasher

Edited by GASHER
Social source share

Guest biggray1

After listening to the soundfile me thinks it has to be Motown related,the female singer sounds a lot like Kim Weston dont you think,the production is in the Motown vein and ofcourse the words and lyrics are very much like H D H. Probably an unissued track took from the vaults....as anyone asked soulfuldetroit forum...some old school boys on there..Nice Tune...suprised no one hasnt booted this yet.

Social source share

Is it still totally unknown or maybe quite a lot of people know it?

I don't.. :thumbsup:

Well known record in the UK

Not a lot of copies around

Butch-Andy Dyson-Sam -?Mick H --and Myself

I suspect the chance of another turning up is slim in the extreme..but you never know

One of the best records I've ever had

Social source share

Guest biggray1

UNISSUED TUNE????????

PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW IT IS PROBABLY AN UISSUED FROM THE VAULTS OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING

hdh????? IS THAT A DRUG OR SUMMAT ???HAHA

NOT MOTOWN RELATED EITHER....

AND WEVE ALREADY SAID IS WAS RLEASED??

SO IM CONFUSED

GASHER

Sorry all.i hadnt read all the post :thumbsup: and just posted what i thought...am up too speed now Gasher and promise not to post disconcernig dross ever again...I'll get me coat Graham Out. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

John Manship had one for set sale on his site a couple of weeks ago. Uncovered. It went within a day I believe.

can't believe that, theres no way that john would do any other than auction this beauty

Social source share

So thats 8 copies and possibly 1 on john manships , anymore for anymore .

8 known copies of a 45 that most people don't yet know the identity of...

...normally translates into scores of copies... once the word is out!

Unless this one's a genuine rarity. :thumbsup:

Who is it then?

Then we'll know for sure!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

The one listed on JM's was a strange one...my mate Cliff saw it, and rang him up and said that he would have it please.....John knew nothing about it, or what it was doing on the list......maybe it was something to do with the impending price guide? maybe it's going to be in there???? :thumbsup: anyway, he didn't have a copy...where did your copy come from John? Mr. Dyson perchance?

Phil.

Edited by quinvy
Social source share

plus the one Butch is playing of course....and I am with you on this one, once it will have been un-covered I am sure more copies will surface out of collections, sellers stocks and via ebay etc etc.

Estimated price tag then 2000 UKP :)

Once could have bought one, but was too stint at that time. Still regret it.

Great record with a "very interesting" b-side :lol:

Marc

Social source share

plus the one Butch is playing of course....and I am with you on this one, once it will have been un-covered I am sure more copies will surface out of collections, sellers stocks and via ebay etc etc.

Estimated price tag then 2000 UKP :)

Marc

i think you are right Marc; others will maybe surface, but it will be like the Parliaments and the ilk - still a very rare record imo that won't surface in any great numbers :P

Social source share

EIGHT COPIES [at least] covered up, so just how many are there? how long has it been covered? i find it very suprising, that theres eight at least covered, never used to happen eight dj`s with the same cover :)

I have no idea at all what this is and will no doubt find out later than most but the true test of rarity will be once it has been uncovered.

no doubt a few will turn up but just how many ?

Social source share

Unless this one's a genuine rarity. :)

Who is it then?

Then we'll know for sure!

:lol:

Sean

Maybe but not necessarily

If you remember the Joey De Lorenzo a few yeras ago ..6-7 copies all at one go...largely to DJ'S

None really turned up since as they all came from the same source as a single low quantity find.

Time will tell

Social source share

well put young sir :lol: theres two ways of thinking, ive allways been of the opinion from one perspective that was the idea of cover ups to find out who it was :P

I've always loved the challenge of finding out what a cover up is Harry as well BUT I always kept the info to myself in the hope I'd find one and out of respect to the DJ who is playing the cover up, not blab the info or make remarks that hint to what it is (title or artist etc) on a public forum. I read this topic and similiar topics and seen cetain remarks from DJs but if it was their record they wouldn't be too happy. You have to wonder sometimes why the top DJ's and collectors bother to find new stuff when there always someone trying to be clever on a forum :)

Social source share

You have to wonder sometimes why the top DJ's and collectors bother to find new stuff when there always someone trying to be clever on a forum :)

Chalky,

I assume you mean me :P:no: . Although I have no idea who it really is, mostly because of my shocking memory. I was once told who it was by somebody, and by the morning had forgotten :lol: I've done that with several other records as well, I must start to write these things down laugh.gif

However, if a record really is rare, why not uncover it ? It's not as though copies are going to suddenly turn up in quantity. Look at the Mello Souls, Parliaments and Tommy Tate singles. A few have surfaced, but not enough to call any of them common, or any less in demand than they were. Just because people know who an artist really is doesn't mean they are going to find a copy. So the DJ / collector who originally found and played the record will still receive all the credit and kudos for doing that.

As a DJ I also understand why DJs want to have exclusives, but again, if it's really rare, they would still have that exclusive. Put it this way, if great record hounds like Butch and Andy Dyson have only turned 8 copies of Belita Woods up in a couple of years, how many more would other people have found if we all knew who it was. Approximately zilch I suspect !

Same with the Mello Souls, Butch had it covered for ten years, and despite knowing what he was looking for never found another one as far as I know in that ten years. Shifty found it by chance, he didn't know who the original artist was at all when he found his copy. How many have turned up since ? Two ?

And it's not as though you can claim that records are covered up to stop the bootleggers either, because if it is really rare they won't find a copy to bootleg anyway.

So really the only way to stop people uncovering cover ups, because it is a game in itself, is to not cover them up in the first place.

Social source share

Chalky,

I assume you mean me :):lol: .

I don't mean anyone in particular Dave, and besides you've given no hints in this topic or other topics of a similiar ilk from what I recall. LIke I said if I have or had any info in the past I've kept it to myself firstly out of respect of the DJ and secondly it could give me the edge in finding one.

I agree if a record is rare it will stay rare but the record hounds like Andy and Butch although their conmtacts are far greater than most of what us mere mortals know they don't know everyone.

It's hard enough finding new records and when someone does find one keep it exclusive. LIke I said there will come a point soon when the top DJ's won't bother anymore cause of what goes off on public forums and just keep the records for themselves which would be a shame. If you know what a record is great, but keep the info to yourself and get hunting like others did in the first place.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Estimated price tag then 2000 UKP :(

Marc

I've got to say, I prefer the b-side.

Probably another reason why certain DJs don't want it to be uncovered :)

Martin

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!