Willie Toliver

Guest vandriver12

Guest vandriver12

Hey can anyone help with this tune? on thin dime, got told at birningham weekender that i could have this record for nothing as it was good, but since being an instumental, dealer (you no who you are) would not do anything so phoned a week later as instructed only to be told if you want it PAY £250 , hes having a laugh , but no its in his book at that, will pay £100, to me lot of money for this record hope you can help cheers.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 10
  • Views 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Modern Skiptone

Hey can anyone help with this tune? on thin dime, got told at birningham weekender that i could have this record for nothing as it was good, but since being an instumental, dealer (you no who you are) would not do anything so phoned a week later as instructed only to be told if you want it PAY £250 , hes having a laugh , but no its in his book at that, will pay £100, to me lot of money for this record hope you can help cheers.

Vandriver twelve,

Willie Toliver - Bit Off More Than I Could Chew/Blossom Of Love (Thin Dime 001) was a modern room spin during the days. JM has it down as Northern and book price £300.00. And yes it is a instrumental with great sax and very slight vocal chorus repeated throughout.

Very few are spotted nowadays and is rarely played. I own one but would not let go for £100.00.

J Manship had one recently for auction but what it fetched, without researching I would not like to comment. Please remind me and ease my troubled mind does a vocal version exist or was one ever produced and recorded. :rolleyes: .

Sorry this is not helpfull vandriver 12.

Social source share

Guest vandriver12

Vandriver twelve,

Willie Toliver - Bit Off More Than I Could Chew/Blossom Of Love (Thin Dime 001) was a modern room spin during the days. JM has it down as Northern and book price £300.00. And yes it is a instrumental with great sax and very slight vocal chorus repeated throughout.

Very few are spotted nowadays and is rarely played. I own one but would not let go for £100.00.

J Manship had one recently for auction but what it fetched, without researching I would not like to comment. Please remind me and ease my troubled mind does a vocal version exist or was one ever produced and recorded. :rolleyes: .

Sorry this is not helpfull vandriver 12.

went for £112 on manships auction, i went 110, did not go any further as comments above say, any way was never produced on a vocal, and to be rare ther must be loads of oap,s on the soul scene with 1 of these up the loft anderson used to put them in his soul packs, so come on oap,s dont go to the bingo tonight get your grandchildren up that loft......................

Social source share

Guest Modern Skiptone

Was a big tune for Sam & Arthur back in the 80's

Dave,

Indeed it was - correct, even if it "was" unwanted soulbowl soul pack fodder as told above :rolleyes: . But anything's possible, I aquired two copies of Timeless Ledgend on Dawn lite in modern soul packs off Pat Brady, way back, to later go on and make a financial killing.

Ah well :( .

Social source share

Guest vandriver12

Dave,

Indeed it was - correct, even if it "was" unwanted soulbowl soul pack fodder as told above :rolleyes: . But anything's possible, I aquired two copies of Timeless Ledgend on Dawn lite in modern soul packs off Pat Brady, way back, to later go on and make a financial killing.

Ah well :( .

soul sam picked me one up from anderson must be 4 years ago, anderson made him play it to remember him what it was , and sam only paid cant quite remember £15 / £20 only because it was an instrumental then straight away sam phoned me and offerd it to me for £100, but thats not the point, got a price set in your head not in a hurray will eventully get or even swap.

Social source share

Guest vandriver12

Yes I agree never a Soul Pack Record , D127 on the list I think ph34r.gif

must just be scottish oap,s who got them in soul packs no for a start jolly from edinburgh & j buckley from tranent got theres in soul packs.

Social source share

Source Advert