For Any Christmas Shoppers Going To Nyc

Guest bradcam

Guest bradcam

I started a post a little while ago for places to go record shopping in New York (thanks to all who responded). I didn't get to them all as I have a wife along with my soul addiction. But here's where I did try.

Birdel's, Nostrand Av., btwn Atlantic & Fulton, Brooklyn

(Take the A or C to Nostrand) I went in on the Saturday and was surprised there was no vinyl. Spoke to the owner, Joe, who said he had 45s in another room and if I wanted to go through them on another day I could. I went back on the Monday. He must have had a flood/hurricane at some point. There were thousands of unorganised 45s from the early 50s onwards in boxes, on shelves, in buckets and on the floor. Much of the stock is damaged beyond any hope but there seemed to be multiple copies of each so you generally could come across a better copy of something. I didn't find anything amazing but took a chance on a few. Worth a visit if you are there, go on a weekday. He charges between 50 cents to $2 for each single.

Went to Strider Records in the village. Not a place for browsing and it's book price but this man has vinyl. Go in with a list and he'll search the alphabetised racks for you.

I only managed one flea market on the Saturday at the PS321 school in Brooklyn. There are quite a few though and I think they're worth checking.

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started a post a little while ago for places to go record shopping in New York (thanks to all who responded). I didn't get to them all as I have a wife along with my soul addiction. But here's where I did try.

Birdel's, Nostrand Av., btwn Atlantic & Fulton, Brooklyn

(Take the A or C to Nostrand) I went in on the Saturday and was surprised there was no vinyl. Spoke to the owner, Joe, who said he had 45s in another room and if I wanted to go through them on another day I could. I went back on the Monday. He must have had a flood/hurricane at some point. There were thousands of unorganised 45s from the early 50s onwards in boxes, on shelves, in buckets and on the floor. Much of the stock is damaged beyond any hope but there seemed to be multiple copies of each so you generally could come across a better copy of something. I didn't find anything amazing but took a chance on a few. Worth a visit if you are there, go on a weekday. He charges between 50 cents to $2 for each single.

Went to Strider Records in the village. Not a place for browsing and it's book price but this man has vinyl. Go in with a list and he'll search the alphabetised racks for you.

I only managed one flea market on the Saturday at the PS321 school in Brooklyn. There are quite a few though and I think they're worth checking.

Thanks for that, am going 14th November :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!