8-9 taffy

9-10 dr pickles

10-11 johnny fingers

11-12 steve guarnori

12-1 karl heard

1-2 pete hulatt

Remix, 20-21 hermitage road, hitchin, herts, sg5 1bt

by car

M1 - Turn off at Junction 10 and follow signs for Hitchin (A505).

Follow the A505 (past Luton airport) and on to Offley Road

Stay on Offley Road (past Stopsley and Offley) and this will take you in to Hitchin Town

centre

A1 - Take the Junction 8 exit and turn on to A602. Stay on this road and it will bring you

into Hitchin Town

parking

We have a number of car and coach parks which are a 1 minute walk and free from 20:00hrs

until 07:00 hours. Prices vary after those times

by train

Remix is situated less than 10 minutes away from Hitchin train station

by bus/coach

the main bus stop is at the square, which is less than 5 minutes walk to Remix.

for tickets contact andy on 07833 798720 email northernsoul_1@hotmail.com

Edited by Andy Kempster
  • Replies 189
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Andy Kempster

cheers ady, looking forward to getting this off the ground, hoping to reveal the last guest dj for the night in the next day or. changing to a saturday was the best way forward, advance tickets will be on sale very soon

Guest Andy Kempster

Sounds like a good move to me Andy :(

Best

Molly

cheers mate, there seem to be some exciting new nights ahead of us for this area

perhaps its the shot in the arm we've all needed...Andy

cheers mate, there seem to be some exciting new nights ahead of us for this area

perhaps its the shot in the arm we've all needed...Andy

Agree mate :D by the way you and your good lady will be at Soulin'around in February. Coz I said so :(

Molly

Guest Andy Kempster

Agree mate :unsure: by the way you and your good lady will be at Soulin'around in February. Coz I said so :D

Molly

dont worry mate, we'll be there, try and stop us :(

As Andy stated in an earlier post,this is a very good project,outstanding DJ talent,awesome venue,so its about time we had a Saturday venture in our area.

As a co promoter of this venture we can confirm the DJ line up

Steve Guanori

Pete Hulat

Fingers

Taffy

Dr Pickles

+ our very special guest.........to be named this evening.

Flyers & freebies will be ready for the weekend,so watch this space.

on a footnote we feel that up and coming DJs should and will be given the chance to shine thru' as in the case of our very own Dr Pickles a young man with a true taste in soul music a future star in the making we feel..

Edited by toby
Guest Dr Pickles

Very excited to be part of the opening night.

Venue looks great. How dark does it go in there?

As one door closes another opens.

Looks like this will be the start of another great year.

See you there

Doc

Very excited to be part of the opening night.

Venue looks great. How dark does it go in there?

As one door closes another opens.

Looks like this will be the start of another great year.

See you there

Doc

Itll be all very cosy type,neon lights,girlies on rollerblades serving drinks,all very up market.........no doubt we will lower the tone of the place once inside :( ,Im going up to the club on Friday night at the owners reqest to have a look round.Belive me Chris its a great venue,its gonna be a great year for soul in Hetfordshire,I know that that andy has worked very hard on this project thats why ive gone in with him on this ,i belive it WILL be a massive success.

Toby..

Itll be all very cosy type,neon lights,girlies on rollerblades serving drinks,all very up market.........no doubt we will lower the tone of the place once inside :ohmy: ,Im going up to the club on Friday night at the owners reqest to have a look round.Belive me Chris its a great venue,its gonna be a great year for soul in Hetfordshire,I know that that andy has worked very hard on this project thats why ive gone in with him on this ,i belive it WILL be a massive success.

Toby..

post-505-1224514206_thumb.png

Guest Dr Pickles

Itll be all very cosy type,neon lights,girlies on rollerblades serving drinks,all very up market.........no doubt we will lower the tone of the place once inside :D ,Im going up to the club on Friday night at the owners reqest to have a look round.Belive me Chris its a great venue,its gonna be a great year for soul in Hetfordshire,I know that that andy has worked very hard on this project thats why ive gone in with him on this ,i belive it WILL be a massive success.

Toby..

Toby

Great to see you all animated and fired up. :ohmy:

With all the negativity on the scene at the moment it's brilliant to see people pushing for new and interesting nights.

If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Doc

Itll be all very cosy type,neon lights,girlies on rollerblades serving drinks,all very up market.........no doubt we will lower the tone of the place once inside :lol: ,Im going up to the club on Friday night at the owners reqest to have a look round.Belive me Chris its a great venue,its gonna be a great year for soul in Hetfordshire,I know that that andy has worked very hard on this project thats why ive gone in with him on this ,i belive it WILL be a massive success.

Toby..

Looks like a lovely venue mate, looking forward to your opening night and help you to lower the tone :wicked:

Molly

P.S Andy/ Tobes get some flyers to me when there done, and will take out on my travels.

Edited by MOLLY
Guest Andy Kempster

As agreed from yesterday our guest DJ has confirmed it is Karl Heard,

its great news all round, we are really excited about the appearance of Karl Heard at the Groovesville Soul Club, flyers will be completed this week so keep an eye out for them wherever you go, tickets will also be on pre-sale at the 100 club this week, via email northernsoul_1@hotmail.com or through https://www.soulofhertsandbeds.co.uk. don't muiss out on what is going to be a corking night of uptempo soul

Andy

Guest Andy Kempster

Just seen that Toby's image scolls several images of the venue.

Click here >>>>>>>> Venue shots

Looking good :yes:

Doc

we shall be popping up there at the end of the week for a meet 'wiv da management' so i shall take some more shots then and stick them up in the gallery...andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Andy Kempster

now the last night of soul @ hitchinfc has sadly passed it is time for me to concentrate on the new GROOVESVILLE SOUL CLUB

so lets be having you, stand up and be counted for the new night in hertfordshire

tickets are on sale and you can PM me with your requirements

Edited by Andy Kempster
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Andy Kempster

tickets for the opening night will be on sale at the Blue Skies Xmas Party this Friday and also the Filthy Soul Alldayer on Sunday

you can also call me on 07833798720 to reserve tickets

tickets for the opening night will be on sale at the Blue Skies Xmas Party this Friday and also the Filthy Soul Alldayer on Sunday

you can also call me on 07833798720 to reserve tickets

Thats what i like to see the sales director on form yet again :D , Andy are you sure you can do two events over the weekend,mind you ,you have got your full time carer with you :unsure: .

Weve had loads of people from the north arranging transport all to support Burnley's finest mr Karl Heard.I know Chris Waterman is to venture out to this event,itll be good to see him ...

• 3 weeks later...

A blatent bump for this event(page 5 it was).

Weve spoken to all the DJs over the xmas & new year celebrations,and ALL are booked and confirmed to appear,our policy is not to tell the DJs what to play,they play whatever they want as the floor decides.

This is a very immpresive line up to get you going

We are also in the process of negotiating a deal to bring over a recording artist of the highest order for mid summer(date tbc) from Detoit Mr Steve Calloway (Profesionals) in conjuction with Hitsville Chalky.

So folks watch this space for further news.

you bring as many as you like Anton, see you soon mate

As Andy said bring along as many as you want too mate,you can now be our official resident gossiper laugh.gif .

Guest Andy Kempster

===============

Going to try to get along to this, probably the birthday party too if that's ok Toby?

Winnie :-)

just spoke to toby and he says winnie you are more than welcome you know that

Guest Andy Kempster

just spoke to toby and he says winnie you are more than welcome you know that

also tickets are starting to shift at a rate of knots now, so get in touch to order or make reservations....

my mobile is 07833798720

Guest Andy Kempster

Andy Hi,

looking good matey! :D

Could you please reserve 2 tickets for me and the little man

cheers

Yogi thumbsup.gif

tis done, my good man, be good to see the 2 of you...HNY

===============

Going to try to get along to this, probably the birthday party too if that's ok Toby?

Of course it is Winnie,the birthday bash or any other do would'nt be the same without you mate(how many shirt changes do we think on these 2 events Winnie :( )

Of course it is Winnie,the birthday bash or any other do would'nt be the same without you mate(how many shirt changes do we think on these 2 events Winnie laugh.gif )

============

The last couple of times I've been out, no shirt changes at all? Maybe a comment on the music? :D

Under normal circumstances, would be at least 6 between the two nights tongue.gif

Guest Andy Kempster

Hi Andy,

Just to let you know we sent payment for the tickets, let me know if you got it fella :yes:

Ady.

all sorted thanks Ady, tickets are tagged up and will be waiting for you

Is Karl Heard the most popular DJ on the scene at the moment? He was the dogs play things at the last Bidds. He guests at the new Coventry soul night on the Friday and then in hitchin on saturday night....this is going to be one hell of a weekend.

Guest Andy Kempster

Is Karl Heard the most popular DJ on the scene at the moment? He was the dogs play things at the last Bidds. He guests at the new Coventry soul night on the Friday and then in hitchin on saturday night....this is going to be one hell of a weekend.

and spins at the burnley nighters and 100 club, keep an eye out martin as we are going to bringing some great djs to hitchin over the following months. also, all being well some live pa's as well

:thumbup:

Bring it on Martin one hell of a weekend of quality soul indeed,i agree with your comments on Karl Heard awesome comes to mind here,but dont forget the other DJs here,With Steve G , Pete Hulatt , Fingers, DR Pickles, & Taffy an outstanding line i think you'll agree on that Martin.

As Andy stated tickets are selling fast.......its gonna be a good un !!!!

Bring it on Martin one hell of a weekend of quality soul indeed,i agree with your comments on Karl Heard awesome comes to mind here,but dont forget the other DJs here,With Steve G , Pete Hulatt , Fingers, DR Pickles, & Taffy an outstanding line i think you'll agree on that Martin.

As Andy stated tickets are selling fast.......its gonna be a good un !!!!

Indeed....a top lineup of DJs. God knows how I'm going to be on the Sunday for the alldayer....

No Martin deffo no cabbage please,unless its pickled cabbage :shhh: .

As you asked on the phone there is parking very close by,a car park opposite,a car park at the rear very limited spaces for the DJs and staff,and two car parks very vewry big ones at the top of Hermatige Road all free after 6 pm.

Guest Dr Pickles

Andy / Toby

Just back from the Six Hills Nighter and found Fingers putting out lots of flyers.

Based on chats in the smoking area we're defiantly going to be having a few joining us on the 24th. :shades:

I've pointed them in your direction for tickets.

ATB

Doc

Hi Chris,i hope you had a good nighter,thanks for spreading the word for this event,i went to Cambridge last night and again flyers for this event everywhere,i even managed to sell a few tickets(see Andy i can do it when i want to) :ohmy: .

It looks like we have created a monster at Groovesville,even the rat catcher Chris from stevenage is putting in an appearence.

Chris you'll have to foward on to me by the weekend your drinks requirments for your FREE bar at the DJ booth room,this is serious mate the owners put in a bar FREE for the DJs. :shades: .

Hope to see you at letchworth Friday for the birthday bash

Toby.

Source Advert