Motown memorabilia auction

Motown Auction!!! Right now at the Universal music store.com ... get autographed albums, programs, and photos from yuor favorite Motown classics...check it out @ www.universalmusicstore.com/motown ...I just found out thru my internship with Universal..The auction ends soon..

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

HI CHALKY

FINALLY GOT ROUND TO PUTTING THAT TRACK ON A TAPE FOR YOU! JUST FILLED THE REST OF TAPE WITH A WIGAN NITER (ONE OF LAST FEW IN '81) AND WARRINGTON PARR HALL NITER IN 85/86 CANT REMEMBER WHICH. WILL POST BY END OF WEEK

CHEERS MATE

GRANT

Social source share

Guest SteveC

paid 20 quid for mine about 6 months ago and have seen it a couple of thimes since for 25 if I remember right , it is out there so wouldnt rush to give him 40,

I prefer ''every hurt''

I would've guessed the same - £20. Got mine for around that price some 12-18 months ago. Mind you we can always get into the 'its worth as much as you'll pay for it' debate.

Social source share

OH IT WILL BE 1ST TRACK READY TO PLAY ON THE TAPE CHALKY!! IT IS ONE OF THE BEST REOCRDS I HAVE EVER HEARD, THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME SO I HOPE YOU KNOW IT!!

GRANT

Suspense over, it's played as the Temptones - and is called "Thats When You Know Your In Love, studio acetate. First played at Stafford.

Social source share

• 5 weeks later...

AM STILL GETTING EMAILS FROM EBAY REQUESTING THAT I UPDATE MY ACCOUNT OR I WILL BE DELISTED. ALSO HAD ONE RECENTLY SAYING THAT I ENTERED PASSWORD WRONG 3 TIMES AND NEED TO REVERIFY (EMAIL AGAIN). CANT REMEMBER ENTERING PASSWORD WRONG 3X IN A ROW. ANYONE HAD SIMILAR, ANYONE GOT ANY MORE ADVICE AS LAST THING I WANT IS MY ACCOUNT TO BE DELISTED!!

THANKS

GRANT

Social source share

Grant,

Had the same telling me that my password has been tried 3 x & failed

& a request for me to change everything or my account will be suspended.

It asks for passwords for EBay & Email.

Think its a Spoof I have forwarded it to EBay I belive they never

ask you to forward any passwords. & wshy would they need E Mail Password

Beware Ian

Social source share

Also watch out for similar fake PayPal Emails.

Funny......I got two scam Emails from Lloyds Bank over the past two months, asking for my bank account details.  Had to laugh, as I've never banked with Lloyds!!!

Gene

E-bay and paypal will never ask you to do anything by e-mail. Any changes that need to be made will be done the next time you log onto your accounts. They may send an e-mail giving notice of impending changes but again, they will never ask you to reply to the mail.

Social source share

Also watch out for similar fake PayPal Emails.

Funny......I got two scam Emails from Lloyds Bank over the past two months, asking for my bank account details.  Had to laugh, as I've never banked with Lloyds!!!

Gene

Gene, ditto! Also had them from NatWest and Barclays ...... and I don't bank with them either!!!!

Certainly looks like some sods on the make!

Anyone heard of this one though? They didn't get me, but we have had people where I work who have been "stung" by this. Story goes .....

A colleague was called on Wednesday by "VISA" and her partner was called on Thursday by "MasterCard". It worked like this:

Person calling says, "This is Carl Patterson (any name) and I'm calling from the Security and Fraud department at VISA. My Badge number is 12460. Your card has been flagged for an unusual purchase pattern, and I'm calling

to verify. This would be on your VISA card. Did you purchase an Anti-Telemarketing Device / any expensive item for £497.99 from a marketing company based in Anywhere?"

When you say "No". The caller continues with, "Then we will be issuing a credit to your account. This is a company we have been watching and the charges range from £297 to £497, just under the £500 purchase pattern that flags most cards. Before your next statement, the credit will be sent to(gives you your address), is that correct?" You say, "Yes".

The caller continues . . . "I will be starting a fraud investigation. If you have any questions, you should call the 0800 number listed on your card and ask for Security. You will need to refer to this Control #". Then gives you a 6 digit number. "Do you need me to read it again?" Caller then says he "needs to verify you are in possession of your card. Turn the card over. There are 7 numbers; the first 4 are 1234 whatever, the next 3 are the security numbers that verify you are in possession of the card. These are the numbers you use to make internet purchases, to prove you have the card. Read me the 3 numbers." Then he says "That is correct. I just needed to verify that the card has not been lost or stolen, and that you still have your card. Do you have any other questions? Don't hesitate to call back if you do."

You actually say very little, and they never ask for or tell you the card number. But after we were called on Wednesday, we called back within 20 minutes to ask a question. Are we glad we did! The REAL VISA security department told us it was a scam and in the last 15 minutes a new purchase of £497.99 WAS put on our card.

Long story made short, we made a real fraud report and closed the VISA card and they are issuing a new number. What the scam wants is the 3-digit number and once the charge goes through, they keep charging every few days.

By the time you get your statement, you think the credit is coming, and then it's harder to actually file a fraud report.

Ba**a*r*s !!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!