Little Tommy

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Musically I don't see how it could become 'another Bill Bush' but since the one on ebay now is at least the 7th (yes the seventh) M/M- copy on ebay since Christmas alone you do begin to wonder a bit. This was not impossible before either though, a good record but definitely overpriced IMO considering rarity. The funny thing is that the first of these 7 copies went cheaper than any of the others that followed it! :lol: Let's hope it turns up en masse so we can all have one at a comfortable price. :lol:

Social source share

Let's hope it turns up en masse so we can all have one at a comfortable price. :lol:

Yes that was kinda what I was on about, I didn't mean that Little Tommy all of a sudden would start sounding like Bill Bush. :lol: I hope that several hundred original copies has been found and that the price of the 45 seriously plummets down so I can afford to buy a copy. That would really be great. :lol:

Social source share

Musically I don't see how it could become 'another Bill Bush' but since the one on ebay now is at least the 7th (yes the seventh) M/M- copy on ebay since Christmas alone you do begin to wonder a bit. This was not impossible before either though, a good record but definitely overpriced IMO considering rarity. The funny thing is that the first of these 7 copies went cheaper than any of the others that followed it! :lol:   Let's hope it turns up en masse so we can all have one at a comfortable price. :lol:

link

I made a mistake and sold mine for £60 in mid 90's hope it does come down in price, Bill Bush was once covered up by Butch :lol:

Social source share

In the event that there might be some interest there is a review here of some recent stuff by Little Tommy, and his artists. It's new material and not Northern.

https://www.lifeandsoulpromotions.net/part19.html

link

Thanks for the link, it was very useful to me!

I got the "Free Angela Davis" LP on Golden Triangle earlier this week and there is a version of "Baby can't you see" on it by Tyrone Thomas. I thought it could be Little Tommy, but was not quiet sure, but now I'm sure, that it's the same person.

Cheers, Martin

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Bill Bush was covered by Gary Spencer as Billy Lennox  :lol:   £60 is all it's worth IMHO  :lol:   :lol:   ohmy.gif

link

£60? What a rip off, inflation eh? :lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

Cheers, Martin

link

No problem. He's a nice man, still doing music, very today. he is 'little', his eyesight is not so good these days. he's in the Bronx, hates it and wants to get back to Virginia.

Social source share

I got the "Free Angela Davis" LP on Golden Triangle earlier this week and there is a version of "Baby can't you see" on it by Tyrone Thomas. I thought it could be Little Tommy, but was not quiet sure, but now I'm sure, that it's the same person.

Cheers, Martin

link

Tyrone Thomas released a CD last year with a couple of really nice retro tunes on it.Will post a mp3 if anyones interested

Pete

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!