Guest geordiebri

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Does the 1977 album Sylvester have the FULL nine minute version of Over & over, or is it a shorter version?

Sylvester - Over And Over

Label:Fantasy Catalog#:F-5957 Format:Vinyl, LP

Country:FranceReleased:1977Genre:Electronic Style:Disco Credits:Arranged By [Rhythm] - Tip-N-Syl

Arranged By [string And Horn] - Leslie Drayton

Co-producer - Sylvester

Engineer - Eddie Bill Harris , Phil Kaffel

Other [Production Coordinator] - Nancy Pitts

Producer - Harvey Fuqua

Written-By - Sylvester (tracks: A2 to B1, B4) Notes:Produced for Honey Records Productions

(P) 1977, Fantasy Records, Tenth and Parker, Berkeley, Ca. 94710

Also available on cassette N° 30182

Exclusive distribution Musidisc-Europe

Rating: Submitted by:Tracklisting:

A1 Over And Over (7:14) Written-By - Ashford - Simpson* A2 I Tried To Forget You (4:47) Written-By - Wirrick* A3 Changes (2:51)A4 Tipsong (3:55) Written-By - Wirrick* B1 Down, Down, Down (5:18)B2 Loving Grows Up Slow (4:05) Written-By - Morgan Ames B3 I've Been Down (3:25) Written-By - Keener* , Galbraith* B4 Never Too Late (2:57)

Social source share

Does the 1977 album Sylvester have the FULL nine minute version of Over & over, or is it a shorter version?

Album - Sylvester different track length to the other album

Tracklisting:

A1 Over And Over (7:02) Written-By - Ashford - Simpson* A2 I Tried To Forget You (5:02) Written-By - Wirrick* , Sylvester A3 Changes (3:08) Written-By - Sylvester A4 Tipsong (3:55) Written-By - Wirrick* , Sylvester B1 Down, Down, Down (5:18) Written-By - Sylvester B2 Loving Grows Up Slow (4:05) Written-By - Morgan Ames B3 I Been Down (3:42) Lead Vocals - Izora Rhodes* , Martha Wash

Written By - Galbraith - Keener B4 Never Too Late (2:57) Written-By - Sylvester

Social source share

Guest geordiebri

Sylvester - Over And Over

Label:Fantasy Catalog#:F-5957 Format:Vinyl, LP

Country:FranceReleased:1977Genre:Electronic Style:Disco Credits:Arranged By [Rhythm] - Tip-N-Syl

Arranged By [string And Horn] - Leslie Drayton

Co-producer - Sylvester

Engineer - Eddie Bill Harris , Phil Kaffel

Other [Production Coordinator] - Nancy Pitts

Producer - Harvey Fuqua

Written-By - Sylvester (tracks: A2 to B1, B4) Notes:Produced for Honey Records Productions

(P) 1977, Fantasy Records, Tenth and Parker, Berkeley, Ca. 94710

Also available on cassette N° 30182

Exclusive distribution Musidisc-Europe

Rating: Submitted by:Tracklisting:

A1 Over And Over (7:14) Written-By - Ashford - Simpson* A2 I Tried To Forget You (4:47) Written-By - Wirrick* A3 Changes (2:51)A4 Tipsong (3:55) Written-By - Wirrick* B1 Down, Down, Down (5:18)B2 Loving Grows Up Slow (4:05) Written-By - Morgan Ames B3 I've Been Down (3:25) Written-By - Keener* , Galbraith* B4 Never Too Late (2:57)

thanks, all sorted, just bough the album

Social source share

Guest mel brat

The Fantasy (Demo only) 12" is very desirable, but I actually like the 7" version. Nice tight mix.

(Great memories of Graham Warr at Chaplins in Birmingham) :thumbsup:

post-4950-1224450644_thumb.jpg

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Now Bri has been sorted has anyone got another copy of the LP for sale? Keep meaning to pick it up but never get round to it.

As Mel says the 12" always goes for decent money, is it not to do with its connection to one of the big NY clubs.

Anyone got a soundclip of the 7" to compare?

Social source share

The Southbound STAR - THE BEST OF... CD (released in 1989) does have the 9+ minute version:

https://www.discogs.com/release/913876

It's a good set cool.gif

OVER AND OVER also appeared in the UK on the MIGHTY REAL L.P. (U.K. Fantasy FTA3009 ~ released in 1979), but I don't know how long that vinyl version is.

If I'd been wise enough to read this topic at the week-end, I could have dug out the L.P. and had a look... excl.gif

Social source share

Guest geordiebri

Now Bri has been sorted has anyone got another copy of the LP for sale? Keep meaning to pick it up but never get round to it.

As Mel says the 12" always goes for decent money, is it not to do with its connection to one of the big NY clubs.

Anyone got a soundclip of the 7" to compare?

ar

Alright Jocko, apparently the only difference is song length, apparently the mixes are both the same, apart from that.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!