Suinoz

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can someone clarify whether this came out as a promo only? It was released the same time as the unreleased/alt takes Connoiseur stuff that Tim and Martin put out after Martin had rummaged the Solid Hitbound tapes. I have them all. ALL are great quality Detroit tracks including a fantastic outing by L V Johnson called Recipe. (I think that is a Sevens 45 too). Were all the outings doen on White label demos or just:

Edwin Starr

Sharon Soul

M Davis and S Mancha

These are the only ones I've managed to find on promos.

Social source share

Can someone clarify whether this came out as a promo only? It was released the same time as the unreleased/alt takes Connoiseur stuff that Tim and Martin put out after Martin had rummaged the Solid Hitbound tapes. I have them all. ALL are great quality Detroit tracks including a fantastic outing by L V Johnson called Recipe. (I think that is a Sevens 45 too). Were all the outings doen on White label demos or just:

Edwin Starr

Sharon Soul

M Davis and S Mancha

These are the only ones I've managed to find on promos

"Love on a lease plan" -J.Taylor/"Got to get rid of you" -LV Johnson T-2

Have that on a demo though they look cream/buff to me. I guess WDJ is just wishful thinking on your part.

ROD

Social source share

Edwin Starr

Sharon Soul

M Davis and S Mancha

These are the only ones I've managed to find on promos.

My M Davis and S Mancha is a w/d not ever seen an issue Dave socan't help. Surely Tim would know?

Kev

Tim's not got the best of recollecton about this Groovesville/Connoiseur stuff. I'm pretty sure there must be test presses of them all, it's just finding them. I'm missing

The Professionals (Alt Take)

LV Johnson - Recipe

Joey Kingfish - I Wont Hurt You Anymore

If anyone can help out.

Plus...does anyone know if the Buddy Smith is alternative version?

Social source share

Source Advert