Soul Essence 27 - April 17,18,19. 2009

Guest Gavin Page

Sorry Gavin, we can not get to this in April ~ God knows I could do with hearing some quality tunes!

We'll be in Oz celebrating Jim's 40th........having a toyboy hubby has its advantages ph34r.gif

Might need help getting him back on the plane though :lol:

• Replies 284
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

And I Swallow :thumbsup:

WE CAN SEE THAT !

" ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECT,WELL DONE TO BRIAN AND KATHY IN THE RECENT SUCCESS OF THAT LONG AWAITED HOSPITAL VISIT,ONE OF THE BRAVEST AND LIFE INSPIRING DECISIONS I'VE EXPERIENCED.AM PROUD OF YOU BOTH AND LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING YOUR SHARE OF THE WEEKENDS BEVERAGES !

Guest Gavin Page
" ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECT,WELL DONE TO BRIAN AND KATHY IN THE RECENT SUCCESS OF THAT LONG AWAITED HOSPITAL VISIT,ONE OF THE BRAVEST AND LIFE INSPIRING DECISIONS I'VE EXPERIENCED.AM PROUD OF YOU BOTH AND LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING YOUR SHARE OF THE WEEKENDS BEVERAGES !

post-3670-1233705703_thumb.jpg

Guest Gavin Page

Here`s another one Steve,this one back in the early days SE 3 1994,god have we been going to SE that long :D ,

also in the picture Steve from Cambridge.

post-2848-1233706275_thumb.jpg

Dave f..............

A dancing S.G as well :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gavin Page

Right troop ... Things really starting to move now.

We have one twin room left and venue pass's are selling.

Dont miss this one, we will have an update about next year soon and may be a new event as well !

See you in April :thumbsup:

Guest Gavin Page

Countdown well and truely on for THE essential event of the Soul calender. :)

For those who haven't got round to reserving their place, now's a good time to start thinkin' about it. :D

Pat

Looking forward to your set Saturday Lunch Time love :g:

Coming down for my 1st Yarmouth weekender & can't wait as it is also my Birthday weekend so plenty fallin' down water will be consumed but i will need a good restraunt for a meal...anyone help

This will be my 15th and I (we) have not found a decent restaurant yet, however, it all adds to the fun!!!

Mike

Guest stromberg

Then we will have to introduce you to Geoff Green - he is THE sandwich man. :g:

I'll bring him a german "Schwarzbrot mit Blutwurst" "sandwich", see how that goes down, hihi

Guest stromberg

Coming down for my 1st Yarmouth weekender & can't wait as it is also my Birthday weekend so plenty fallin' down water will be consumed but i will need a good restraunt for a meal...anyone help

see post 27:

"there are six of us germans this time, Steve.

third Soul Essence for me and I can't wait.

If only we could find something decent to eat in that town :g: "

looks like there will be big horde of hungry people roaming the streets of Gt. Yarmouth..

Countdown well and truely on for THE essential event of the Soul calender. :g:

For those who haven't got round to reserving their place, now's a good time to start thinkin' about it. :D

Pat

Hi Pat,

You got a spot on Saturday mate? I'll set my alarm don't want to miss you :thumbup:

Guest Gavin Page

Bob spoke to the Hotel yesterday, as you know there was a little doubt about 2010. Further that conversation all is in place for next year, date is just to be set.

Not long now troop :g:

there is a very strong possibilty that in exactly 6 weeks time, I shall be just as wonky as I am right now :lol:

can you tell I'm just a teeny weeny tiny bit excited....

Guest Gavin Page

there is a very strong possibilty that in exactly 6 weeks time, I shall be just as wonky as I am right now :thumbup:

can you tell I'm just a teeny weeny tiny bit excited....

Silly sod :lol:

41 sleeps !

Guest mark shepherd

41 days before i lose my soul essence cherry

all the organising has been done by pete foster,

so needless to say i will be residing in one of the afore mentioned flee pits fit to bursting

hes already informed me we are making 3 train changes to get there, another one of his cost cutting excercises

Add to that kev cane inebriated by York (1 train stop from Darlington, our boarding station) and demanding "let me tell you something about soul music shep.........etc etc etc" laugh.gif

we,re in for a rocky ride

can someone video the first 4-5 hours, i think we,re going to be late :lol:

shep

Guest Gavin Page

so needless to say i will be residing in one of the afore mentioned flee pits fit to bursting

hes already informed me we are making 3 train changes to get there, another one of his cost cutting excercises

Add to that kev cane inebriated by York (1 train stop from Darlington, our boarding station) and demanding "let me tell you something about soul music shep.........etc etc etc" :lol:

can someone video the first 4-5 hours, i think we,re going to be late :g:

shep

It will be good to see you buddy :lol:

Guest Adam G

Add to that kev cane inebriated by York (1 train stop from Darlington, our boarding station) and demanding "let me tell you something about soul music shep.........etc etc etc" :g:

can someone video the first 4-5 hours, i think we,re going to be late :shades:

shep

You are all tricky as, Shep !

I wouldnt get the train if you paid me ,We will be waiting for you at the bar though ............... its an Essence tradition. Virgins gets the round in! :lol: thats two hundred and fifty scoops please best bring the big purse!

Seriously though it will worth the travel (even the way your coming). I know you will all love it. Musically for me the best weekender there is although I havent been to a different one since Fleetwood/Southport in the 9ts. :lol:

Add to that kev cane inebriated by York (1 train stop from Darlington, our boarding station) and demanding "let me tell you something about soul music shep.........etc etc etc" :lol:

can someone video the first 4-5 hours, i think we,re going to be late :shades:

shep

don't worry Sheppy love... I'll look after you :g:

I'm presuming that you're the elected sensible adult for this weekend... so try to remember not to leave PJF on the train.. or on a platform en route :lol:

see ya in a coupla of weeks... xxx

Ah you'll enjoy it Stubbsy......The trick is not to peak too soon.....very easy to say, very hard not to. :thumbsup:

I know Steve :lol: Prestatyn, previous years has always been a typical example of peaking too early, i.e. getting there mid afternoon Thursday and going straight out on the lash :ohmy:

You are all tricky as, Shep !

I wouldnt get the train if you paid me ,We will be waiting for you at the bar though ............... its an Essence tradition. Virgins gets the round in! :D thats two hundred and fifty scoops please best bring the big purse!

Seriously though it will worth the travel (even the way your coming). I know you will all love it. Musically for me the best weekender there is although I havent been to a different one since Fleetwood/Southport in the 9ts. :thumbsup:

Right up for this Adam, you Boro lads, Bully and Kirsty have really sold it to us but I knew anyway that it was time for us to get our arses over there, shame Gaz and Baz couldn,t make it but they have commitments, as we get nearer I will text you the order in for the beer mate and because the food in the area sounds shite we,ll have chips steak and bannana fritter x3.

Kev

Guest mark shepherd

Right up for this Adam, you Boro lads, Bully and Kirsty have really sold it to us but I knew anyway that it was time for us to get our arses over there, shame Gaz and Baz couldn,t make it but they have commitments, as we get nearer I will text you the order in for the beer mate and because the food in the area sounds shite we,ll have chips steak and bannana fritter x3.

Kev

really looking forward to this .......and a few scoops..........might make a detour around the banana fritters mind

oh and nice last played track mr cane.........how good is that sonny ace / little girl 45.....hopefully it will get 1 or 2 outings over the weekend,

thanks for the kind offer kirsty :thumbsup::D

shep

Guest Gavin Page

I know Steve :thumbup: Prestatyn, previous years has always been a typical example of peaking too early, i.e. getting there mid afternoon Thursday and going straight out on the lash :rolleyes:

You can have a quiet little drink with me huh.gif

don't worry Sheppy love... I'll look after you :thumbup:

I'm presuming that you're the elected sensible adult for this weekend... so try to remember not to leave PJF on the train.. or on a platform en route laugh.gif

see ya in a coupla of weeks... xxx

shep the sensible adult,how very wrong you are kirsty! just ask him about his tour guides he does in his spare time [amsterdam,barcelona,manchester]

funny thing is everybody follows him :rolleyes:

looking forward to the weekend,see you all soon!

pete

Ah you'll enjoy it Stubbsy......The trick is not to peak too soon.....very easy to say, very hard not to. :lol:

No, the real trick is to peak....and then keep peaking all night long. You'll spot me late on.....i'm the one looking decidedly peaky wink.gif

Getting excited now, all this talk of peakiness....

Girrrrrrrf

No, the real trick is to peak....and then keep peaking all night long. You'll spot me late on.....i'm the one looking decidedly peaky wink.gif

Getting excited now, all this talk of peakiness....

Girrrrrrrf

As I remember it, you were in the last half dozen last year.......along with Gareth & Jock............all looking very perky, I mean peaky :lol: .

Russ

Guest Gavin Page

As I remember it, you were in the last half dozen last year.......along with Gareth & Jock............all looking very perky, I mean peaky laugh.gif .

Russ

post-3670-1237124863_thumb.jpg

post-3670-1237124905_thumb.jpg

post-3670-1237124930_thumb.jpg

Guest Brett F

Just got a couple of long time wants, that i'll be playing Saturday in my collectors spot, plus i'd like to play a wild Brazilian Jazz soul (?) lp only track, but if any hallucegenics are taken while listening to it then i don't want to be responsible for any madness, i did suffer on some mad acid trip whilst listening to it and ended up shaving all my bodily hair with a workshop rasp......... laugh.gif

Brett

Source Advert