Bobby Hutton, Piece Of The Action / Lend A Hand

Dean

Just watched an "Excellent" Piece of the Action LP go through on ebay, finished at $70.98 (£41.43), from Portugal. Raised a few of questions in my head:

Was this a bit of a bargain?

For OVO enthusiasts is this the way to play "Lend a Hand" out (seem to hear it out more than I see 12" being flashed!)?

Are any other tracks from this played out by anyone?

Apologies in advance if this is common knowledge, I've got some pretty big gaps in my knowledge.

post-5677-1224595586.jpg

Edited by Dean
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

For OVO enthusiasts is this the way to play "Lend a Hand" out (seem to hear it out more than I see 12" being flashed!)?

Just an added thought regarding the Original Vinyl Only, I know about the abc UK re-issue with Willie Hutch - Loves Runs Out (prob still one of my all-time top 20), but I wouldn't play Willie Hutch out on that, so somehow doesn't feel right to play Lend a Hand on it, even tho it's a legit issue. It's a snobbery thing.

Social source share

no a bargin is when you get one from an oxfam shop @£2.99 biggrin.gif

Shame on you Toad, you mean you didn't tell the charity shop that saves the lives of thousands of people that it was worth much more!! :sleep3:

If it eases your conscience, I'll give you £30 for it, you can give £20 to Oxfam and you're 300% up on the deal - everyones a winner ph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest mel brat

"Lend A Hand" is such a solid gold classic, you just gotta have it in the original album format aint'cha?

As an aside, are there more demo copies of this album around than black issues? Just wondered.

Social source share

"Lend A Hand" is such a solid gold classic, you just gotta have it in the original album format aint'cha?

As an aside, are there more demo copies of this album around than black issues? Just wondered.

I've had a few demo copies to sell on but never seen an issue Mel. Have you had/seen one ?

Nice album, but LAH is a killer tune.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

I've had a few demo copies to sell on but never seen an issue Mel. Have you had/seen one ?

Nice album, but LAH is a killer tune.

Had both, kept the demo, thought it looked nicer :lol:

Social source share

Just watched an "Excellent" Piece of the Action LP go through on ebay, finished at $70.98 (£41.43), from Portugal. Raised a few of questions in my head:

Was this a bit of a bargain?

Are any other tracks from this played out by anyone?

Apologies in advance if this is common knowledge, I've got some pretty big gaps in my knowledge.

I've always thought the 45 mix is a little different from the album cut, anyone agree, and are all the 45s from the original ABC press run?

mmmm' ABC w/d albums Nolan Porter, Natural Four, Ruby Andrews, Lamont , Laurence Hilton Jacobs...............nice to hear...... :lol: nicer to have! :yes:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Yes I received a black issue copy from Soul Bowl. I was a little disappointed at the time, as I'd have preferred a demo copy back then(!), but now I'm not so sure... smile.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!