• Replies 18
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Trevski

Mose Smith is EOS speeded up by a couple of revs pm.

Tis true. back in the day EOS was thought too slow for niter spins! :D

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Covered up as Moses Smith and speeded up by Simon Soussan, I believe, before being pressed and dropped from play lists as was the norm in those days. The Epitome of Sound was played later at the correct speed and pressed again with a photocopied label. Much better IMO at the correct speed.

SandbagS-101-1.gif ORIGINAL

----------------------------* BOOT *

Sandbag_SG-101b_B.gif Here's the BOOT ("speeded up")

----------------------------* BOOT *

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Covered up as Moses Smith and speeded up by Simon Soussan, I believe, before being pressed and dropped from play lists as was the norm in those days. The Epitome of Sound was played later at the correct speed and pressed again with a photocopied label. Much better IMO at the correct speed.

Correctomundo : Mr Saucepan was indeed behind the covering of TEOS as " Moses Smith " .........

He has hawked TEOS around , but due to the " speed " of the record , it received lukewarm reception , so he decided to speed it up to a more acceptable dancefloor tempo ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Correctomundo : Mr Saucepan was indeed behind the covering of TEOS as " Moses Smith " .........

He has hawked TEOS around , but due to the " speed " of the record , it received lukewarm reception , so he decided to speed it up to a more acceptable dancefloor tempo ........

Malc Burton

===

at least he was adaptable!

Social source share

Hmmmm . . . .Before my time I am afraid. I was but an empty space on the Wigan dancefloor :yes:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

We've had this discussion before. Both sides of Epitome of Sound were being played by Blue Max (uncovered and at the correct speed!) at the Catacombs, and was never, ever considered "too slow"! However Russ at Wigan speeded up "You Don't Love Me" slightly and covered it as 'Moses Smith', whereupon it was bootlegged as such in early 1974.

Social source share

We've had this discussion before. Both sides of Epitome of Sound were being played by Blue Max (uncovered and at the correct speed!) at the Catacombs and was never, ever considered "too slow"! However Russ at Wigan speeded up "You Don't Love Me" slightly and covered it as 'Moses Smith', whereupon it was bootlegged as such in early 1974.

Oh God! laugh.gif

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!