D,jing..mis-haps

Mach

dont know if this topics been covered before,but what mis-haps have happened to dj,s on here? we all know about the dancer bumping into the decks and ruining a expensive record but theres allsorts of unusual things that can and do happen. on one occasion when i started out i had drank a bit too much to settle the nerves before my spot i opened up with "little ritchie" and was cuing in my next record when someone came up and started chatting to me i then played the second record and with the distraction then cued little ritchie in again..i therefore in the space of a 3 record spot played 1 record twice..slightly embarrassing i must admit, What amazed me was that the dance floor DID,nt empty, lesson learned dont drink and spin...well not to excess anyway.anyone else done owt silly.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Carrie Mehome

I've often wondered if DJ's mis-judge their time to nip to the loo when a particualr record is playing and they get back too late!! Never bumped into decks but I dropped a load of records in a record shop recently and the look on the shop owners face was a picture! I'm so clumsy..

Social source share

one record i used to nip to the loo to was darrell banks "our love"..i had it to a tee..i knew the exact time it finished and every note in the record, i would go have a pee..stop and chat at the bar, then stop again on the way to the decks .talk to more people.and you could see the look on some dancers faces as though to say you better get back behind them decks pretty quick otherwise were all gonna look stupid..but i always got there and it was as if i,d never moved.... :D

Social source share

One that im sure alot of DJs have done at one point is picking up the wrong needle to take the record off...i've done it a couple of times to packed dancefloors...ok granted...i've been a little worse for wear...but there is nothing more mind numbing than the silence that follows...and everyone looking up at you...their eyes implying 'What the fook are you doing?'

:D

Social source share

one record i used to nip to the loo to was darrell banks "our love"..i had it to a tee..i knew the exact time it finished and every note in the record, i would go have a pee..stop and chat at the bar, then stop again on the way to the decks .talk to more people.and you could see the look on some dancers faces as though to say you better get back behind them decks pretty quick otherwise were all gonna look stupid..but i always got there and it was as if i,d never moved.... :lol:

That's 2 chats and 1 pee in 2.5 mins (ish) :D Did you have time to let the bog door close behind you?

Edited by pete60
Social source share

I remember Soul Sam putting the wrong side on once :D ...but it was the instrumental so he meant to do it.... :lol:

Another time I was playing a track down the phone to a friend that he was going to buy off us and Joe my 3 year old wandered up and turned the record player off at the plug!

Edited by Reg
Social source share

Guest Carrie Mehome

On the flipside for us punters - loo breaks are carefully co-ordinated with records we dislike! Something for everyone eh! :thumbup:

Social source share

dont know if this topics been covered before,but what mis-haps have happened to dj,s on here? we all know about the dancer bumping into the decks and ruining a expensive record but theres allsorts of unusual things that can and do happen. on one occasion when i started out i had drank a bit too much to settle the nerves before my spot i opened up with "little ritchie" and was cuing in my next record when someone came up and started chatting to me i then played the second record and with the distraction then cued little ritchie in again..i therefore in the space of a 3 record spot played 1 record twice..slightly embarrassing i must admit, What amazed me was that the dance floor DID,nt empty, lesson learned dont drink and spin...well not to excess anyway.anyone else done owt silly.

I have stated this instance beore , but will do so again , as I am still urinated off by it ........

Going back many years - at the time of it being initially big on t'scene - I had secured a mint copy of " Thumb A Ride " , and had it cued it up ready to play in a spot , when a knob , off on his head with chemical smarties , came up on the stage .......

He had a lit cigarette in his fingers , stumbled into the decks , and dropped it onto the record ........

I shrieked in horror - yes shrieked - and brushed it off , but it had already burnt into the grooves where it fell onto .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

once at a venue where pork pie chris was dj,ing an as usual he was slightly the worse for wear ,he put a number on and started dancin on the stage , he only fell off the f**kin stage PMSL :lol:

just to clarify, that aint me folks no.gif .....even though i,ve done that myself.. :D ... laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!