Little Charles Walker With The Dynamites, Keb Darge, Corrina Greyson 13/11/08

Guest G-SPOT EVENTS

Guest G-SPOT EVENTS

Hello everyone,

I did the introduction as a new member of the site, and what a lovely bunch you are.

I also listed the event I've been organising with The Dynamites featuring Little Charles Walker, Keb Darge and myself at the Jazz Cafe on Thursday November the 13th.

Now I'd like to share a personal message from Leo Black, the founder member of The Dynamites.

Hope lots of you can come down and enjoy the show with us.

BTW, check out my page for half price tickets. www.myspace.com/corrinagreysonmusic

Take it away Leo....

WELL, it's finally happened. The planets have aligned in funky enough a way to get The Dynamites into London-town. And at the primo soul-spectacular, outta sight joint, Jazz Cafe.

I just wanted to put my own thing out there to all of you about this gig, because this is one we've had our sites on for a very long time; and Charles for a very, very, VERY long time. As soul musicians, Jazz Cafe is pretty much Mecca or Shangri-La or Nirvana or Somewhere Over the Rainbow or you get the idea. It's a great honor and we're all charged up and looking forward to filling up Shangri-La with shakin' bodies and some sweet and sticky southern soul mollases.

Our age-defying frontman, Charles Walker, was part of the 60's Northern Soul Scene in England, but he has yet to stomp on the Jazz Cafe stage. In a couple of weeks, he gets his chance, and I wouldn't want to be left out of what's going to happen. Even I DON'T know!

With Corrina Greyson and the genre-pioneering DJ Keb Darge on the bill, this will be, as we say when things are very, very funky..."Supa...mutha-bad," y'all (we also say y'all a lot down here in Tennessee--it means "you" in the plural).

It's our great honor to share the night with all of YOU in the vicinity of London on the funkiest of nights, Thursday, November 13. (And if you are not in the vicinity, I hear plane tickets are pretty cheap right now.) Dynamites and Charles Walker and Keb Darge and Corrina Greyson at Jazz Cafe? Oh, lawwwd, baby hand me my SHOES!!

So this is my "personal" invite to you to come share this very special night with us if you can. It's got all the makings of the EPIC night of funk and soul of the season. Also, our record is being released in the U.K. in conjunction with this show. CDs and LPs will be available at this show before they're in the stores.

See y'all there, now...

Do It With Soul,

Leo Black

Edited by G-SPOT EVENTS
  • Replies 0
  • Views 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply