Martha and the Vandellas - I'll Have To Let Him Go - Oriole - £416

Fabulous Apollos - The Ine Alone c/w Determination - Valtone promo - £373

Sons of Moses - Soul Symphony - Soft - £118

Melvin Davis - It's No News - Ke Ke - £504

Masqueraders - How c/w I'm Gonna Make It - La Beat - £793

Larry Santos - You Got Me Where You Want Me - Festival DEMO - £230

Anna Belle Caesar with Lionel Hampton - Little Annie - Vergara - £276

Social source share

Little bit shocked by the price of the Ron Keith.. Great record would have put it about £250.00

What credit crunch :yes:

I THOUGHT EXACTLY THE SAME THING LAST WEEK WHEN FLOWERS "FOR REAL" WENT ON EBAY GAVIN........ CREDIT CRUNCH....NOT. :thumbup:

THINK WILL HAVE TO DIG MY COPY OUT.............MAY WELL BE ON THE CD SWAP CD :thumbup:

BEST

BULLY :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

I THOUGHT EXACTLY THE SAME THING LAST WEEK WHEN FLOWERS "FOR REAL" WENT ON EBAY GAVIN........ CREDIT CRUNCH....NOT. :thumbup:

THINK WILL HAVE TO DIG MY COPY OUT.............MAY WELL BE ON THE CD SWAP CD :thumbup:

BEST

BULLY :thumbup:

The price on the Flowers was bizzare, Ron Keith has always been the harder record IMHO.

Social source share

Carmelita was about £800 originally

the yellow plain label was the first issue..but the pink and silver leaf is miles nicer..

my fave label design ever..

So anyone want to swap me a Si Hightower slive/pink 2nd issue for a first issue plain pink?

but I reckon £300 is a more realistic price now.

gasher

Social source share

800, thats what I thought so i've lost touch with the pricing on that 45 a bit (lot) then. :thumbup:

it keeps coming up so it has gone down. craig moorer seems to have a lot that he'll never sell because he has 4 figures on it. i hope it goes down more though.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Little bit shocked by the price of the Ron Keith.. Great record would have put it about £250.00

What credit crunch :huh:

Gavin, Bully, sure got to agree with the seriously high price of Ron Keith....... but it has I suppose gained a little bit of a cult/demand attention over recent years.

But still not as good, as the easier to find, 1975 offering - Ron Keith And Ladys - Cant Live Without You (Sticks and Stones) A&M. A beauty of a record.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

"Ron Keith - Gotta Go By What You Tell Me - A&M - £458"

Didn't see the copy on Johns auction, was it a U.S. one?

So if this was a U.S. copy, how much is the U.K. one?

Pottsy - Yes. It was a US A&M general issue 45.

Would not like to put a price on the UK release, I am assuming UK A&M.

Nice eighties female version of "Got To Go By What You Tell Me" - Rov've on (Home Of The Brave 12") worth a listen.

Cheers.

Social source share

Pottsy - Yes. It was a US A&M general issue 45.

Would not like to put a price on the UK release, I am assuming UK A&M.

Nice eighties female version of "Got To Go By What You Tell Me" - Rov've on (Home Of The Brave 12") worth a listen.

Cheers.

I recall a UK copy being offered on here - sure it was about £125 / £150 ??? Earlier this year I think - and the only copy showing on Popsike sold at $109.......I wouldn't have expected it to go for anywhere near £250, let alone nearer £500.....some nutters out there !!!

Girf

Social source share

I recall a UK copy being offered on here - sure it was about £125 / £150 ??? Earlier this year I think - and the only copy showing on Popsike sold at $109.......I wouldn't have expected it to go for anywhere near £250, let alone nearer £500.....some nutters out there !!!

Girf

Blimey, I've sold about 4 UK copies, think the most I've ever got was about £75. The last one I put in the sales box was just over a hundred quid with no takers.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Blimey, I've sold about 4 UK copies, think the most I've ever got was about £75. The last one I put in the sales box was just over a hundred quid with no takers.

I like Engish stuff rather than U.S if I can get me hands on it. I paid £150.00 for my U.K copy.

Social source share

Gavin, Bully, sure got to agree with the seriously high price of Ron Keith....... but it has I suppose gained a little bit of a cult/demand attention over recent years.

But still not as good, as the easier to find, 1975 offering - Ron Keith And Ladys - Cant Live Without You (Sticks and Stones) A&M. A beauty of a record.

Hiya Nick,

picked up a Mint copy of that for about $8 as well in a nice A & M sleeve ..........., But to be fair Nick, do not agree with you at all. I have loved "Gotta Go" since it used to be an old Dave Thorley spin at the early Cleethorpes weekender's when the Modern room was upstairs.

For Me, "I Gotta Go By What You Tell Me" is the best of the two by a Country........... but then, I Gotta Go By What I Tell You!

BEST

Bully :thumbsup:

Edited by Bully Boy
Social source share

A fair price on the Masqueraders I reckon. It wouldn't have surprised me if it had gone higher than the £793 it finally sold for.

The promo copy of the Fabulous Apollos is also seriously hard to pick up (again not bad at £373). When I got a chance at that one in decent condition I snapped it up :boxing: . Now that one really is a double-sider! - although I must confess that I prefer Andre Williams on Ric-Tic out of the various vocal and instrumentals using the backing tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Richard

premium_stuff@hotmail.com

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Hiya Nick,

picked up a Mint copy of that for about $8 as well in a nice A & M sleeve ..........., But to be fair Nick, do not agree with you at all. I have loved "Gotta Go" since it used to be an old Dave Thorley spin at the early Cleethorpes weekender's when the Modern room was upstairs.

For Me, "I Gotta Go By What You Tell Me" is the best of the two by a Country........... but then, I Gotta Go By What I Tell You!

BEST

Bully :thumbsup:

No No, I am not going To Go By What You Tell Me - Bully.......but lets just settle for Mr Keith has a great voice, agreed wink.gif . And we both have great taste. :ohmy: .

Even if I don't like the too "sugar sweet" tasting group sounds on another thread...... :boxing: .

Tat tar for now.

Nick.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

...and how much for a Japanese 7" copy of this one, and indeed for CLWY as well?!

:rolleyes:

Who knows Dave - !!!!!!! But thanks for alerting me and I am sure others to these releases. Just had me first visit around Anoraks Corner and a great site to - very interesting. Gregg Perry 12" 0n Alpha £20.00 bargin.

Did I read also on here or did I dream it Mr Hennigan jocking in Japan recently.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

[quote name='Girthdevon' date='Oct 31 08, 03:52 PM' post='912210

and i'll be happy with my 50p UK copy from the bootie......

Girf

Social source share

Just had me first visit around Anoraks Corner and a great site to - very interesting. Gregg Perry 12" 0n Alpha £20.00 bargin.

Did I read also on here or did I dream it Mr Hennigan jocking in Japan recently.

Yep, Guy was over here recently and I took him along to a collector's night...we had a right laugh with the highlights being as follows...I'll never forget him playing 'Skiing in the snow' and punching the air in the excitement of it all, only to be soon topped by me running over to show him my latest purchase - a Japanese copy of the Chosen Few on Roulette - yep, 'Footsee', complete with pic sleeve, mind!

Flynny :rolleyes:

-ps Still have a Greg Perry spare!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!