Bob & Fred - I'll Be On My Way - Big Mack

Pete S

BOB & FRED - I'LL BE ON MY WAY / INSTRUMENTAL - BIG MACK 6101.

Absolutely brilliant and still as rare as hen's teeth - this copy is the proverbial VG to VG+ 'great for dj-ing'. It plays fine with the odd click here and there and some crackle, but you can hear all of this in the sound file which is taken from the record. Will enclose a photo of the label also.

With this booking at between 1500 and 2000 for a minter, I'm asking 700 for this one.

cheers

Pete

post-1893-1225370221_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 55
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Never heard this before, what a brilliant record! Made my day :yes:

Its a great record and a fecking steel at £700.00.....I would snap your arm off Pedro but ive almost spent up :shhh:

I could do a tenner a week :no:

:D

Social source share

Thought i'd give this tune a listen as i've never heard it and recognised the it has the same label as Mae Young - Lets give out love a try. For some reason I thought being on the same label it could of been a similar kind of style(dancer) how wrong could i be :rolleyes: , I cant believe someone would pay £700 for this :thumbsup: , another example of rarity over quality :lol: but Each to their own and that :lol:

Social source share

Thought i'd give this tune a listen as i've never heard it and recognised the it has the same label as Mae Young - Lets give out love a try. For some reason I thought being on the same label it could of been a similar kind of style(dancer) how wrong could i be :rolleyes: , I cant believe someone would pay £700 for this :thumbsup: , another example of rarity over quality :lol: but Each to their own and that :lol:

You have to be kidding. It's one of the best Detroit records ever made and it absolutely oozes quality. You're the first person I've ever known who doesn't like it, honestly. It'd be a bargain at 1500 quid.

Social source share

You have to be kidding. It's one of the best Detroit records ever made and it absolutely oozes quality. You're the first person I've ever known who doesn't like it, honestly. It'd be a bargain at 1500 quid.

I don't like it either! :rolleyes: Good price though and I know most people just love this record.

Cheers

Richard

premium_stuff@hotmail.com

Social source share

Thought i'd give this tune a listen as i've never heard it and recognised the it has the same label as Mae Young - Lets give out love a try. For some reason I thought being on the same label it could of been a similar kind of style(dancer) how wrong could i be :ohmy: , I cant believe someone would pay £700 for this :lol: , another example of rarity over quality :lol: but Each to their own and that :lol:

Although a different style, the Mae Young is not in the same league as Bob & Fred, it's several divisions below :huh: There's far more quality in Bob and Fred than the mess of a record that is Mae Young (IMHO of course). But like you said each to their own wink.gif

Social source share

Thought i'd give this tune a listen as i've never heard it and recognised the it has the same label as Mae Young - Lets give out love a try. For some reason I thought being on the same label it could of been a similar kind of style(dancer) how wrong could i be :ohmy: , I cant believe someone would pay £700 for this :huh: , another example of rarity over quality :lol: but Each to their own and that :yes:

:lol:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion ,

personally i think its total quality from a listening and dancing point of view.

But to feel so strong as to give an opinion in a sales thread ,i would be interested to find out out what kind of record floats your boat g.gif:lol:

Really ,honestly :lol:

Social source share

:lol:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion ,

personally i think its total quality from a listening and dancing point of view.

But to feel so strong as to give an opinion in a sales thread ,i would be interested to find out out what kind of record floats your boat :lol::yes:

Really ,honestly yes.gif

I like it all Nev being a mod I pick the best from each genre :lol: . Rnb, Early soul, Jazz, Latin, Boogaloo etc but no 70's or x-over :lol: . Some northern records i cant quite figure out why they're so popular or expensive to me it's almost like there is something missing? Here's some that float my boat :huh:

Jimmy Phillips - She Belongs to Me :ohmy:

Sity and James - You needn't Tell Me

Jimmy Moore - Church Street Sally

Freddie Houston - If I'd Of Known

Parisians - Twinkle Little Star(never get bored of it)

Johnathan Capri - Build Me A Mountain(Awesome)

cheers

Callum.

Edited by callum_64
Social source share

Thought i'd give this tune a listen as i've never heard it and recognised the it has the same label as Mae Young - Lets give out love a try. For some reason I thought being on the same label it could of been a similar kind of style(dancer) how wrong could i be :huh: , I cant believe someone would pay £700 for this :lol: , another example of rarity over quality :lol: but Each to their own and that wink.gif

:lol: i agree each to their own but to say rarity over quality this record is pure class regards john' :ohmy: '

Social source share

TOTALLY AGREE PEDRO

MY FAVE DETROIT RECORD EVER

gasher

Have to also agree.... its absolutely oozin class, pure, class detroit. I love it, and if I had the money I would have bit your hand off. :huh: Will also agree that each to their own, but some people do make some rather stupid, unrelated comments on these threads. :ohmy:

Phyllis

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Was it you pete who said that Jonathan Capree was similar to wade in the water :ohmy: ?

just had another listen and i still cant see how this is such a great record, it must be my age in 20 years i might see where you are coming from.

Cheers

the only reason i can see jonathan capree is popular is because of the rarity of the record and the undoubted fact Mik makes it sound good (i like it when mik plays it as part of his set) ....other than that it's average

Social source share

Have to also agree.... its absolutely oozin class, pure, class detroit. I love it, and if I had the money I would have bit your hand off. :lol: Will also agree that each to their own, but some people do make some rather stupid, unrelated comments on these threads. :ohmy:

Phyllis

No stupid comments made mate, just an opinion what i thought about the tune. I seem to be in a minority with not liking the tune it must be me :huh: . I'll have to listen out for it maybe it may sound different out in a club? Like you said each to their own :lol: .

cheers

Edited by callum_64
Social source share

Was it you pete who said that Jonathan Capree was similar to wade in the water :ohmy: ?

I think a lot gospel records are based around the tune of wade in the water, though I'm far from expert on the subject. I posted a gospel record up in Look At Your Box today, wasn't making any great claims about it, just sounded quite uplifting.

Social source share

the only reason i can see jonathan capree is popular is because of the rarity of the record and the undoubted fact Mik makes it sound good (i like it when mik plays it as part of his set) ....other than that it's average

Disagree there davie, If it was in the same category rarity wise as something like LJH - Lets Start Romance or Leo Price - Hey Now Baby, it'd still be a big popular record, everytime it gets played it storms the dancefloor, I know i'd certainly be spinning it and making it just sound just as good. What a bizarre comment :ohmy:

Social source share

No stupid comments made mate, just an opinion what i thought about the tune. I seem to be in a minority with not liking the tune it must be me :ohmy: . I'll have to listen out for it maybe it may sound different out in a club? Like you said each to their own :huh: .

cheers

MATE...... only little girl :lol: ......that wasn't put out to you personally Callum, it was a sweeping comment in general, your comments were about said record, so you dont qualify. :lol:

Phyllis

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Disagree there davie, If it was in the same category rarity wise as something like LJH - Lets Start Romance or Leo Price - Hey Now Baby, it'd still be a big popular record, everytime it gets played it storms the dancefloor, I know i'd certainly be spinning it and making it just sound just as good. What a bizarre comment :g:

we'll have to disagree on that ..... it's nowhere near as good as LJH or Leo Price and certainly no way NEAR as good as the likes of Lee Dowell .

and i have no doubt you'd be spinning it

Social source share

we'll have to disagree on that ..... it's nowhere near as good as LJH or Leo Price and certainly no way NEAR as good as the likes of Lee Dowell .

and i have no doubt you'd be spinning it

Too bloody right I'd be spinning it, I've seen what it does to people when it gets played. If you could get your hands on a copy would you turn it down? If you were to turn it down you obviously dont believe you have the records to make it sound good. Lee dowell is awesome another one that is on the wants list since hearing neeef play it many years ago.

Cheers

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Too bloody right I'd be spinning it, I've seen what it does to people when it gets played. If you could get your hands on a copy would you turn it down? If you were to turn it down you obviously dont believe you have the records to make it sound good. Lee dowell is awesome another one that is on the wants list since hearing neeef play it many years ago.

Cheers

it's not my kind of record ...it's Miks kind and it fits his style beautifully .

though if i was offered one cheap , of course i'd buy it ...then sell it to you :g:

Social source share

Jonathan Capree I find this an odd record to be played at an R&B night, to me it sounds 70ts Gospel. I have seen it work in a few clubs but for me the tempo is all wrong for a Northern nighter.

Bob and Fred I liked when I first heard it played then went off it but if I got a copy El cheapo I think I would love it, great sound on those drums.

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

TOP TUNE EVER

BARGAIN WOULD BUY IT IF I DIDNT ALREADY HAVE IT

DEZZIE BOY...HERES YOUR CHANCE.

GASHER

I'd classify this as very listenable but would never be slaloming round tables if it got spun at an allnighter. Each to their own and all that.........

How's it going Richie anyway - you heading down under anytime soon??

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

How's it going Richie anyway - you heading down under anytime soon??

Hi Pete

Im still looking to relocate but trying to find a job offshore from Perth

Still patiently waiting to get back down under..My new position offshore

means I dont travel anywhere with work anymore im 2 on 2 off on the Brent Delta. wellservices supervisor

so until I get a holiday for a month or a job for Woodside it may be a while before IM back.

where are you at the moment?? did you say KL last time or what

but youre not in Perth now are you?..still travelling aboput or is the wife still down there and you commute?

update me mate..regards Richie

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Thought i'd give this tune a listen as i've never heard it and recognised the it has the same label as Mae Young - Lets give out love a try. For some reason I thought being on the same label it could of been a similar kind of style(dancer) how wrong could i be :lol: , I cant believe someone would pay £700 for this :lol: , another example of rarity over quality :lol: but Each to their own and that :lol:

:lol: Dreadful record, I remember leaving two copies at a well known dealers in St Petes in the 80's at $4.00 each, didn't know it at the time when he played it me I cringed. Fortunately it was on a friends wants list at the time so went back a couple of days later and picked them up.

Did Foster and Allen ever record in Detroit :g:

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

Thought i'd give this tune a listen as i've never heard it and recognised the it has the same label as Mae Young - Lets give out love a try. For some reason I thought being on the same label it could of been a similar kind of style(dancer) how wrong could i be :g: , I cant believe someone would pay £700 for this :lol: , another example of rarity over quality :lol: but Each to their own and that :lol:

Same label doesn't mean same music... Much as i like Mae Young - Bob & Fred will allways tip it for me; and listening to the sound clip, as i am now, it really is quite 'raw' which i don't think you get to appreciate when out. Liking just as much Eddie Hughes as an alternative - there is another on Bard; can't remember the name but i think it is best forgotten....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!