Bob & Fred - I'll Be On My Way - Big Mack

Pete S

to be honest mate He sounds pished as a fart but Id actually prefer it to Eddie

which is a rawer sound..Don is smooooother...I had the Don version on red and white bard issue and a one sided test press

but in all fairness I heard Don's version first so if it was other way round..who knows??

gasher

thanks Gash

that's the fella. not very good if i can recall corectly...??

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 55
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest chorleybloke

How's it going Richie anyway - you heading down under anytime soon??

Hi Pete

Im still looking to relocate but trying to find a job offshore from Perth

Still patiently waiting to get back down under..My new position offshore

means I dont travel anywhere with work anymore im 2 on 2 off on the Brent Delta. wellservices supervisor

so until I get a holiday for a month or a job for Woodside it may be a while before IM back.

where are you at the moment?? did you say KL last time or what

but youre not in Perth now are you?..still travelling aboput or is the wife still down there and you commute?

update me mate..regards Richie

In Monaco til June Richie then back to Perth. Straying off topic but what you bin buying lately - PM me.

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

to be honest mate He sounds pished as a fart but Id actually prefer it to Eddie

which is a rawer sound..Don is smooooother...I had the Don version on red and white bard issue and a one sided test press

but in all fairness I heard Don's version first so if it was other way round..who knows??

gasher

A red Eddy wow only seen the blue but a red Don's.

Last 100 Keith played Don I left singing it down the street and few friends said you pissed or what.

Both great versions if you have an Eddy you then need a Don like cheese and biscuits can't have one without the other.

Do you think the Don's version is a vanity record like he wrote it and had to release it, I don't know the numbers if its the first issue or second to Eddy.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

I think everyone I know prefers the first version of Soul Searcher they heard. Me it was Eddie Hughes. Don's version is terrible IMHO in comparison, heard better from a p*ssed up karaoke singer, how it got past quality control I'll never know :thumbsup:

Here's a Picture sleeve of another Don Hysong release posted on the Rare Soul Forum a few years ago.

post-225-1225637158_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Here's a Picture sleeve of another Don Hysong release posted on the Rare Soul Forum a few years ago.

post-225-1225637158_thumb.jpg

i thought i saw a picture of a ripped up eddy hughes sleeve and it was the same picture. leading me to think it was the same artists. also remember reading a story about 6 years back about a singing postman in ypsilanti named eddy hughes. never followed it up though.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

:shades: i agree each to their own but to say rarity over quality this record is pure class regards john' :rolleyes: '

LOVE IT! Pure class as John says. Lyrics always reminds me of when I left York to live in London in '89. Always gets me right in the heart.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!