Ebay's gone haywire

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

Has anyone noticed that ebay has gone wacky this morning?

The searches are throwing up different results.

All my 'special' searches aren't working anymore.

Let's hope it's temporary!

Weird. :-S

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi JT,

I'm afraid to say that irritating as it is, I think this is one of the "improvements" (sn*****!!) Ebay had proposed to the USA site. I noticed it yesterday, when my bookmark for R&B/Soul took me to their front page. From there, I had to search records firstly under the R&B genre, then Soul as a sub-heading.

It is a pain in the jaxsy but, then again, I guess it's just a matter of adapting to change. Having said that, the "Northern Soul" search on the UK site remains unaffected (for what it's worth, if you don't mind the odd pressing or two!).

Gene

Social source share

ive had a few emails asking for me to update my account - havent done anything about it yet as i hear about rogue emails like this for ebay. has anyone else had one, looks real enough, has anyone else had to 'update ' their ebay account details? i havent contacted them about it yet.

grant

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I got home drunk one night and replied to one of those emails....duh! The next morning my ebay account was full of mobile phones for sale on the German ebay! All buy it now, pay with paypal. Obviously a very clever scam, as I couldn't get into my account as they had changed my password.

I was also selling a bunch of rare funk at the time, and the scammers had emailed the buyers to tell them to paypal to another account. I luckily got hold of all the buyers and stopped anybody getting sucked in.

Nasty.

Be carefull out there grant!

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...42&category=306

Social source share

I receive these scam Emails purporting to be from Ebay about once a month.

In the words of Ebay, "we will not ask you to change any of your details via Email". They will normally ask you to make any changes through their web pages. Another word of warning; there is a similar scam which gives a hyperlink to Ebay - DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!! It is a bogus hyperliink, taking you to a bogus Ebay site.

Be on your guard; there is a similar scam Email purporting to come from PayPal. Best advice; delete any such Email the moment it arrives!!

If anyone has made the mistake of giving their details on a scam Email, my advice is to change your password immediately via Ebay or PayPal.

Gene

Social source share

Seriously, I get these bogus e.mails every day, I just delete them now. At first they bothered me but not now. One way of telling if they are bogus is to right click on the e.mail before you open it, then choose properties, then details. At the top you should see Return _path, which is were the e.mail originated from, on the Bogus one's it will say something like apache@localhost, or 64745273@ebay, there are many others. What i've also noticed is the grammer is also very poor. Even so ebay maintain that they never ask members to update their details through a link !. It must be done through your login. So just ignore them & delete them.

Social source share

Hi Grant,

I'm not surprised Ebay withdrew it! Basically, it was an ad in the "Records" section headed "Post your vitriole at Ebay changes here" and, for a laugh, those who posted their messages of disgust also placed a spoof high bid, as if bidding for a record which was on auction. About 20 people posted their vent on the Ebay changes (and yes, by the devil I was tempted, but held back!), and the top bid was something silly like $25,000,000!!

Ebay must somehow have taken exception to it - but have you read throught the thread on Ebay's chat board in disgust of the changes? JTrouble has posted the hyperlink above here - have a look, and you can see just how much hostility Ebay have created. Will they revert to the old standards? I think not!! After all, it is Ebay!!

Gene

PS - Incidentally, the guy who placed the "ad" was called something like "oneloosecannon"!!!

Social source share

Attention Ebay sellers, to the above post!

For all sales on Ebay, you probably know that Ebay charge the seller something between 5 - 10% of the final price. Just as well this was withdrawn, else the seller would have been charged a commission of between $1M and $2M, even if it was a hoax!!! Doesn't bear thinking about, does it?

Gene

Social source share

cheers JT, anyone else had this account update request from ebay recently?

Grant

I've had the odd one or two, neither e-bay nor paypal ask you to change your details via e-mail, all done when you log on to respective site. Delete them and report to ebay/paypal.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!