• Replies 83
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Phil Richards

FRIDAY 28TH NOVEMBER A SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO " MIKE TERRY "

FREE ENTRY JUST PUT TOWARDS COLLECTION ON THE NIGHT AND ALL MONIES RAISED WILL GO TO HIS DAUGHTER BRIDGETTE .

THE PLACE IS AT JCT 2 OLDBURY , BRUNEL RD , OLDBURY , WEST MIDLANDS .

STARTS AT 9PM TILL 1AM .

MORE INFO INCLUDING DJ'S SOON .

Have a good Chalky :rolleyes:

Thanks for inviting me Chalky , it'll be an honour to spin some of Mike's outings on this special night .Best,Eddie

Thanks for coming Eddie , the thing that really pisses me off apart from Phil Richards that no other soulie / DJ in the area respects what I'm trying to do !

Mike Terry music will be remembered at Jct 2 with DJs -

Dave Rimmer , Burnely Dave , Pete Smith , Hitsville Chalky , Swoz , Eddie Hubbard ... plus more

Edited by Hitsville Chalky

Thanks for coming Eddie , the thing that really pisses me off apart from Phil Richards that no other soulie / DJ in the area respects what I'm trying to do !

Dave Rimmer , Burnely Dave , Pete Smith , Hitsville Chalky , Swoz , Eddie Hubbard ... plus more

Chalky good luck with your night I would have been there to add my support but I'm at Keys Park on this date, I'm sure its not a matter repecting what you are trying to do just a case of other commitments in most cases. Anyway hope you have a cracking night and raise a few quid in the process.

Gaz Lees

Chalky good luck with your night I would have been there to add my support but I'm at Keys Park on this date, I'm sure its not a matter repecting what you are trying to do just a case of other commitments in most cases. Anyway hope you have a cracking night and raise a few quid in the process.

Gaz Lees

Hiya Gaz many thanks Mate , I understand that you got other Commitments , have a good one , hope to see you soon

Guest Phil Richards

Thanks Pete for your help and support mate , Please to annouce TED MASSEY will be spinning also on the night .

The Mike Terry Night at Jct 2 Olbury.

with DJs -

Pete smith , Eddie Hubbard , Dave Rimmer , Swoz , Ted Massey , Burnley Dave , Hitsville Chalky .

Hi m8 will try and pop over to see you :D

Thanks Eddie, and Ted for going through collections and adding to mine. Now a very impressive and getting somewhere toward a definitive playlist of the Northern tunes, Guys who have not had chance to complie theri list, there's time yet thumbsup.gif

From the one's we 3 have between us, gonna be amazing.

Best

Dave

Thanks Eddie, and Ted for going through collections and adding to mine. Now a very impressive and getting somewhere toward a definitive playlist of the Northern tunes, Guys who have not had chance to complie theri list, there's time yet thumbsup.gif

From the one's we 3 have between us, gonna be amazing.

Best

Dave

Mike done tons and Tons of stuff , just a bonus of Ted Spinning the rare stuff for us Thank you Ted for taking part and to Dave Rimmer.... Looking for a woman :lol:

Hi Ian Thanks mate , you been to the venue before it was where the sunshine girls held their night. I could pick up up at same station like last time.

Okay mate will see if I can book the travel lodge and will get back to ya

Guest Phil Richards

Thanks Phil , your more than welcome to come a spin a few of mike terrys Tunes .

Its ok m8 don't want to dj will just pop over to see you :(

chalky, i didnt realise that i had to post on here to respect what youre doing, i just thought turning up on the night and putting to the collection would suffice.

chalky, i didnt realise that i had to post on here to respect what youre doing, i just thought turning up on the night and putting to the collection would suffice.

Maybe Chalky's getting paranoid in his old age, lol :D

Be great to see you there mate and everyone else, gonna be a real good nite and worthwhile :(

Best, Dave

Bit of a harsh statement that young Chalky, especially when you havn't spoken to all the DJ in the area :rolleyes:

Ken

Hi Ken, Chalky's offline currently.

I think it's perhaps best to keep the politics of this thread in particular, especially given the circumstances of this night.

I will agree Chalky could have worded things better. I think he's just a little worried that past bygones may spoil what should be a special night.

If you can, just come along, relax and enjoy the night for what it is :rolleyes:

Best, Dave

Hi Ken, Chalky's offline currently.

I think it's perhaps best to keep the politics of this thread in particular, especially given the circumstances of this night.

I will agree Chalky could have worded things better. I think he's just a little worried that past bygones may spoil what should be a special night.

If you can, just come along, relax and enjoy the night for what it is :wicked:

Best, Dave

Don't deal in politics Dave, go where i want to hear who i want yes.gif been on this scene to long to let narrow mindedness stop me attending venues, besides got to cram in as many events as possible in before i croak (hope it's a good while yet). :D:lol:

Guest Phil Richards

Don't deal in politics Dave, go where i want to hear who i want :lol: been on this scene to long to let narrow mindedness stop me attending venues, besides got to cram in as many events as possible in before i croak (hope it's a good while yet). :thumbsup::lol:

We know that you tart :lol:

Bit of a harsh statement that young Chalky, especially when you havn't spoken to all the DJ in the area :thumbsup:

Ken

Hi Ken , maybe it was a bit harsh but i was only reflecting about recent events I've been involved in , I want this night to be really specail especailly for Mike Terry and urge alot for the support what i'm trying to do as you know i really love the artist's who i have became good friends with . hope no offence taken to you and the others in West Mids scene .

Hi Bill I was hinting just for a bit of support , like I explained in above post to ken, hope no offence taken .

anyway I'm off line now and a lot will more than likely say thank god :thumbsup: I'm handing this thread over to Burnley Dave .

and hope to see most at the Mike Terry Night at Jct 2 .

Don't deal in politics Dave, go where i want to hear who i want :lol: been on this scene to long to let narrow mindedness stop me attending venues, besides got to cram in as many events as possible in before i croak (hope it's a good while yet). :lol::lol:

Top drawer statement Ken, are you gonna be there cos I look forward to meeting you mate ? :thumbsup:

This will be a fantastic night i`m sure, one not to be missed :ohmy:thumbup.gif

Hi Harry

Chalky is currently offline, but I've just spoken to him and he's asked me to let you know that he has received your donation through the post today :rolleyes:

That is a top gesture mate, and speaks volumes about you shades.gif So from all concerned with this night, a massive thanks for being the first to contribute wink.gif

Best, Dave and Chalky.

All booked up and looking forward to a great night of detroit soul

see you all there

Ian n Odette

Great stuff Ian, a fabulous night of Mike Terry sounds ahead. Look forward to meeting you both ! We'll speak nearer the time, but am sure we can help a bit with transport. I have to drive right past that Hotel to get to the venue.

Best, Dave :rolleyes:

To my embarrassment I am going to have to pull out of this one. I had got Hitchin FC down in my diary for the 29th of the month. It's actually on the 28th, the same night as this.

As the booking for Hitchin was agreed first, that's the one I have to honour. My sincere apologies to Chalkie, Briles, and anyone else that this may cause problems to.

If it's any consolation I feel a right plonker :rolleyes:

I hope the night goes well. I know that the family really appreciate this wonderful gesture. Knowing the volume of stuff Mike either played on, wrote, produced or arranged, I just hope you have enough time!! Sincere best wishes to everyone involved.

Hi Rob, Chalky has asked me to reply on his behalf basically thanking you for your support. Thanks on behalf of all of us. :thumbsup:

Pure Mike Terry night, if he wasn't ivolved, it don't get played. That for me means a celebration of one of the very very best, be it musician, arranger, producer, everything his busy shedule and repertoire :lol:

with DJs -

Pete Smith , Eddie Hubbard , Swoz , Ted Massey , Burnley Dave , Hitsville Chalky. Not in this order thought, that'll be sorted soon.

For a great cause, come along support Friday Night if you possibly can :rolleyes:

Best, Dave

Edited by Briles

To my embarrassment I am going to have to pull out of this one. I had got Hitchin FC down in my diary for the 29th of the month. It's actually on the 28th, the same night as this.

As the booking for Hitchin was agreed first, that's the one I have to honour. My sincere apologies to Chalkie, Briles, and anyone else that this may cause problems to.

If it's any consolation I feel a right plonker :lol:

Sorry you can't do it, escapes can be made by humans, sorry meant mistakes :rolleyes:

Source Advert