UNHEARD TRACK CAN HELP

I KEEP COMING ACROSS A RECORD BY SHEP 'FOOL TO FOOL' ON TNT (KEEP THE BLUE PETER JOKES!) BUT IN ALL THE 20-ODD YRS I HAVE BEEN INTO THE SCENE I CANT EVER REMEMBER HEARING IT!! PROBABLY HAVE JUST NEVER KNOWN WHAT IT WAS CALLED. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY SITE WITH A SOUNDCLIP OF IT, OR CAN ANYONE DESCRIBE IT, WHAT IT IS SIMILAR TO ETC.??:/ I HAVE LOOKED ON SOULCLUB.ORG - NOT THERE.

Social source share

• Replies 47
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Fool to Fool is a brilliant record cant help with any sites where you can hear it but its worth (or goes for!) about £20 - £40 depending on who you buy it from! buy it blind if you are into 60s soul, it doesnt get played very much cos its not worth £££££££

some come on DJs look it out and play it! :-) xxx

Social source share

Seems to be £50 on most lists these days, but Louise is right , buy it blind because as well as Fool to Fool being a top mid tempo dancer the other side is a top class stomper. As for Dj's spinning it I've been playing both sides on & off for a while now at Soul In The City. If you happen to be in the London area come & join us where you will hear loads of underplayed oldies like Shep as well as current biggies & classics. We are at ViVos bar 17 Watling St. EC4. 1st wednesday of the month 6.30 - 12.30 4quid after 7pm Free before with cheap booze till 8pm. Visit our website on www.soulitc.co.uk

Social source share

Go on Grant Buy it!!! you wont be disapointed, cheers David i had actually forgotten the B side ( i'm blond!) & well done for spinning it, i should have said you do sometimes hear it at "local do's but surely its good enough to be played at niters :-) xxx

Social source share

Guest micksmith

hi louise, you being a young girl won't remember that fool to fool(the uptempo side) was played in the 70s. flip side 'i'm sitting in' is a nice beat ballad gettin' some spin over the last few years. see you soon in cheltenham.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

just came in from golf so i'm fuller beans, tho' got stuffed. still as they say it's the talking part that counts-i don't think so.

Social source share

LOUISE I'VE BOUGHT ONE!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, I'LL LET U KNOW WHEN I GET IT IF IT'S A CASE OF 'OH ITS THAT ONE !!' - AS FOR THE GOLF TUNE - HOW ABOUT JEANETTE HARPER "PICK ME UP & 'PUTT' ME IN YOUR POCKET" (CROSSOVER BETWEEN GOLF AND SNOOKER I SUPPOSE). O.K. I'M OFF!!

Social source share

Guest micksmith

well louise can't reply to that as that records been on my mind all morning weather to sell it or keep it. well must go it's thursday and it's clean the house day. back after 1pm.

Social source share

LOUISE I'VE BOUGHT ONE!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, I'LL LET U KNOW WHEN I GET IT IF IT'S A CASE OF 'OH ITS THAT ONE !!' - AS FOR THE GOLF TUNE - HOW ABOUT JEANETTE HARPER "PICK ME UP & 'PUTT' ME IN YOUR POCKET" (CROSSOVER BETWEEN GOLF AND SNOOKER I SUPPOSE). O.K. I'M OFF!!

Well done mate you wont be disapointed ;-) xxx

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I have no idea what it sounds like either.

I go to most of the Soul in the City nights, so I must have heard Dave play it, but for the life of me I cant place it.

Dave, can you make a song and dance about it on the 6th April please, just so I know which track it is.

Social source share

Only if you phone me Mikey for a listen, however on the 7th I will certainly play it for you at Soul In The City (sorry mate couldn't resist that ;-) )

Social source share

Willie Tee, down at the club, holding Marble & IRON, shoot your shot, he says. FOUR Tops! he 'SHOUT's at the top of his Voice Masters.

You're playing Both Ends Against The Middle! You'll never reach the GREEN onions!

(the above was from Chris Lalor)

Social source share

Rose Batiste - Chip and Run

Robert Banks - Mighty Good Fairway

Tina Britt - The Real Swing

Just Brothers - Slice Tomatoes

Garnet Mimms - Hooking For You

Jeanett Reynolds - Pick Me Up And Putt Me In Your Pocket

Al Kent - Where Do I Go From Here (what I sing after driving off)

Impressions - You've Been Cheating (what my mates sing when they see my score card)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

IRON Knowledge band - Give me a little taste of your Mashie Niblit

The animlas - We gotta get out of this Bunker!!

I'll get me coat. Dave, see you on the 7th!!!

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

And my putting Skills:

Moments - Nine times

Jimmy Ruffin - I've been this way before (about ten shots ago)

Social source share

wake up Janine - i did the jeanette harper one !!!!!!!!:[ looking at the others you must have a good golf knowledge. Changing the subject slightly, driving home on the M60 Stockport last nite I was behind a car with the registration : N5OULR - beauty or what! Also where you have the name of the car company or whatever underneath it had NORTHERN SOUL. Cool dude. Anyone seen any others like this?

Grant

Social source share

Grant, you sound just like my Maths teacher at school ;-))

N5OUL - Kegsys I believe

And can't remember what Arthur Fenns was (anyone?) but recently sold to John Manship

Social source share

Arnold Palmer - Straight Down The Middle

This is straight up - not a C/U - it's a spin for Teddy Couldstone at the FLIPside Alnighters....

Cheers,

Joe.

Social source share

here's a challenge

name a soulful golf related soul 45

did hear a modern 45 all about sailing while back, so suppose it could be possible :)

Golf related soul? How about Willie Tee?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!