The Tempest

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Always popular on the dancefloor that one. gOOD luck a great dancer.

Yes Mate,

I know !!!!!!!!!!

But you were'nt the prat who left their album box open this morning , whilst you had a shower , when my 3yr old little girl decided to explore !!!!

End result : One cracked album and one p+++d off but loving dad !!!!

Social source share

Yes Mate,

I know !!!!!!!!!!

But you were'nt the prat who left their album box open this morning , whilst you had a shower , when my 3yr old little girl decided to explore !!!!

End result : One cracked album and one p+++d off but loving dad !!!!

No but I have come home to find my 2 year old son has decided to take all of my albums out of their covers and crayon on them.

Social source share

Ladies / Gents,

Thanks to everyone on this one who took time out to point me in the right direction , thankfully I'm now sorted ,

Firstly if you have never heard this track , then please do !!! It's a great underplayed 80's dancer , that is an instant floorpacker , happy memories of morecambe pier nighter , mid 80's, shuffling along with the other 3000 having a quiet night out !!!, aspiring dj's take note !!!

Secondly if I advertise in the WANTS section , I DON'T have a copy for sale OR know where you can get one , think about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Russ my copy is yellow with a stiif cardboard sleve and there is no blurred picture or whatever on the Cover,got my copy ages ago from Canada and its orig...never seen a boot or reissue of this Lp. Graham

Social source share

Russ my copy is yellow with a stiif cardboard sleve and there is no blurred picture or whatever on the Cover,got my copy ages ago from Canada and its orig...never seen a boot or reissue of this Lp. Graham

My copy is the same as you describe Gray...........also from Canada........just wondered about the reissues ???????????

Russ

Social source share

My copy is the same as you describe Gray...........also from Canada........just wondered about the reissues ???????????

Russ

Don't worry Russ the boots are from Canada and look the same except for a DOH! in the dead wax.

On both sides.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

In issue 6 of Tony Horns short lived but excellent "Soulin Mag" there is a good article about the Toronto based Scorpio label by rarel lp collector Magnus Blomquist (what ever happend to Dexter ? havent heard of him in a few years).Featuring all of the lps on the logo which were firmly aimed at the large Jamaican population in Canada as there are many reggae based tracks.

Adam

Social source share

Sean why do you only feel you were ahead of your time. You clearly were m8.

Agree. All the Cleggy boys were Steve, as you'll recall.

And none any more than Sam, who as Simon says really hammered this particular track.

Find it hard to pinpoint the date, but we've both mentioned this on here before, when (and why) do you think the NS scene ceased to accept new or recent releases as commomplace?

:)

Sean

Social source share

And none any more than Sam, who as Simon says really hammered this particular track.

Find it hard to pinpoint the date, but we've both mentioned this on here before, when (and why) do you think the NS scene ceased to accept new or recent releases as commomplace?

Sean

I reckon it happend when Guy started his Nighter , and Alex Lowes started his weekenders so around

1987ish .. maybe earlier ... I blame mafia types like Binsey who I can see lurking now :lol:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Yeh... sometimes it was like a carnival out there on the floor.... especially with the Preston crowd!

Carnival! :lol:

It sure was Sean!

An interesting question about the acceptance of new release material - or rather the mass acceptance of new release stuff. Probably mid to late eighties.

I know I harp on about Cleggy and Clifton Hall but the punters at these venues were living the dream in terms of music ,as I know some of the DJ's were - you included Sean. There were lots of us too - Hull, Lincs, Notts, Yorks, Lancs etc - we couldn't get enough and were as open minded as anyone on the scene then - and since.

I'm mixing this particular track up with something else - which I now can't get out of my head - it's not the track I was thinking of which is on an old tape Gav did for me ages ago.

It's so annoying - it'll come to me.

"There's a place we can go, where we can love one another" tra la la - "Over and Over"

Anyone who can put me out of my memory will get a big brownie point!

:D

Social source share

Carnival! :)

It sure was Sean!

An interesting question about the acceptance of new release material - or rather the mass acceptance of new release stuff. Probably mid to late eighties.

I know I harp on about Cleggy and Clifton Hall but the punters at these venues were living the dream in terms of music ,as I know some of the DJ's were - you included Sean. There were lots of us too - Hull, Lincs, Notts, Yorks, Lancs etc - we couldn't get enough and were as open minded as anyone on the scene then - and since.

I'm mixing this particular track up with something else - which I now can't get out of my head - it's not the track I was thinking of which is on an old tape Gav did for me ages ago.

It's so annoying - it'll come to me.

"There's a place we can go, where we can love one another" tra la la - "Over and Over"

Anyone who can put me out of my memory will get a big brownie point!

:lol:

Southside movement "do it to me" ?

Edited by Adam G
Social source share

:rolleyes:

Sean

Err. I heard Richard play this well before Sam did, and at Clifton Hall. Richard sent me a tape with this on, and I got a copy from Soul Bowl within days.. Deffo CH before Cleethorpes Sean, if only by weeks. AND, it was before Sam was on at Cleethorpes. And while Sam had it, he didn't give it the first spin at Cleggy, I did.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying I played it before Sam, but I certainly did at Cleggy.

Social source share

:lol:

Sean

Err. I heard Richard play this well before Sam did, and at Clifton Hall. Richard sent me a tape with this on, and I got a copy from Soul Bowl within days.. Deffo CH before Cleethorpes Sean, if only by weeks. AND, it was before Sam was on at Cleethorpes. And while Sam had it, he didn't give it the first spin at Cleggy, I did.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying I played it before Sam, but I certainly did at Cleggy.

Well I did say 'all' the Cleggy boys - which includes you Steve :shades: - and I also said Sam 'hammered' it which Richard and you (and me) didn't!

"Over And Over" was never a big tune at Clifton Hall whereas at Cleggy it was a MONSTER!

But I guess what you're saying is that we were all just copying Richard! :(

Social source share

Always really liked "And When We Party" from the same album. Great club track.

That was such a monster club tune when I started DJing - for a while the Wild Bunch (Bristol hip hop/boogie legends) were the only ones to have it (covered up of course) in the city , and it was a joy to hear over a big system.

Two copies, with the break extended for ages - magic! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Best track for me on the LP is "What you trying to do to me". Quality tune.

Jordi

Totally agree Jordi :lol: - just posted this in Refosoul

Cheers

Pat

Yes "What you trying to do to me" is a real goodie - and an early Yarmouth play for me, you may recall Pat?

Still think 'Over & Over' is the killer for the Northern floors though!

Just a crackin' LP - but I don't believe there was ever a 12" of "Over & Over".

If there's one out there..... I want it :lol:

Sean

Social source share

Yes "What you trying to do to me" is a real goodie - and an early Yarmouth play for me, you may recall Pat?

Sean

Through a haze :lol: vague recollections Sean :lol:

I have another LP by Jay W. entitled Survivor on Qunatum Records from 1988, although nowhere near as strong as O&O this contains a killer ballad - 'Another Love In Your Life' - will chuck in Sweet & Deep later.

Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

Still think 'Over & Over' is the killer for the Northern floors though!

Just a crackin' LP - but I don't believe there was ever a 12" of "Over & Over".

If there's one out there..... I want it :lol:

Sean

Not forgetting the fantastic stepper off the album sean-Alice i'm in wonderland....choon

Social source share

Dave whats the crack with the yellow copies mate ?????????????

Russ

my mate mick waddington found a few yellow label copies and i got one from him but i was always

suspicious of the cover. like i said the cover seemed to be like a photo copied sleeve. anyway about a year later i bought another one but the label is a picture label of a black woman with her boobies out and not yellow. the cover is darker not blurred and the writing is clear as well. also the yellow label cover has a stain on it but its a photocopy stain coz its on all

the covers of the yellow label copies. the vinyl is the same on both issues tho. it was played as a new so the yellow copies

are probably represses and they must have lost the original artwork and just took pictures of the original cover to repress

the LP. i think the original picture label is quite rare. picking up a yellow copy should be easy

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Guest stromberg

Totally agree Jordi :lol: - just posted this in Refosoul

Cheers

Pat

very, very good, I didn't know this before.

So, what is the price of this LP?

tia thumbsup.gif ,

Stefan

Social source share

my mate mick waddington found a few yellow label copies and i got one from him but i was always

suspicious of the cover. like i said the cover seemed to be like a photo copied sleeve. anyway about a year later i bought another one but the label is a picture label of a black woman with her boobies out and not yellow. the cover is darker not blurred and the writing is clear as well. also the yellow label cover has a stain on it but its a photocopy stain coz its on all

the covers of the yellow label copies. the vinyl is the same on both issues tho. it was played as a new so the yellow copies

are probably represses and they must have lost the original artwork and just took pictures of the original cover to repress

the LP. i think the original picture label is quite rare. picking up a yellow copy should be easy

dave

Can you scan the labels & cover Dave, intrigued.

Russ

Social source share