Hot House Flowers

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Just come back from the Free gig of the above band in HMV in Oxford Street. !!

Pure soul (IMHO) and more beads than Irish Greg!!

Was saying on the way back to work, I am going to grow my hair again and sell all my soul records!! Of course I wouldnt actually do that. My hair is falling out so I might look like Max Wall.

Apart from Soul acts, does anybody really like or watch other bands or listen to other types of music??

I think it helps prevent boredom with listening just one type of music.

And like I said, they may be a hippy rock(ish) band, but they have more soul than 99% of these people you see singing RnB (????!!!!) on kids tv programmes or Top of the Pops!

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes Mikey i agree there are a lot of people who only listen to one type of music infact only one type of soul, theres alot of "music" out there and it does you good to atleast give it a go, of course we will all come back to what we love, so you are going to grow your hair etc after seeing Hot House Flowers, well i need to find a gold lurex catsuit because my latest purchase is a CD "Funky Town" (various artists) on EMI from Sainsburys for £1 and its great!!!! ;-) xxx

Social source share

Guest micksmith

me and the wife just love bruce sprigsteen. seen him 3 times. solid 3 hour gig. best was when we saw him up at the villa. he done war and edwin starr walked on and sang.

Social source share

Christ I love going to see live gigs, just dont like live music at a soul weekender! In the past year have been to see

White Stripes

Ash (twice)

Sum41

Weezer (twice)

Real Big Fish

and next week im taking my youngest son who is mad on the 60's band the monkeeys to see Davey Jones in Bromley :-))

Social source share

Gosh! it's so nice to finally be an advanced member, think I might make myself a badge for the 100 club this weekend, Mick, do you want one too? ;-)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

On reflection!!

Played some Northern at home last night and it is all staying in my possesion.

Good to see there are others like me though. And I agree with Janine, I love watching live bands, at one stage during a 6 or 7 year break from soul nights, I was going to or working at over 200 gigs a year and never got tired of it, but I havent heard of those ones you have been too see Janine.

And live acts at soul do's are really hit and miss too. But when they are hits!!!

Lorraine Chandler at Stafford, Dean Parrish at Cleethopres, were as good as any act I have seen. The Marvelettes at Hinckley!! Oh no.

Social source share

whats happened to the top 10 posters anyway - used to show on the home page didnt it? 

Yep Grant, took it off front page, cause always trying to keep front page fairly quick at loading, stuff like that slows it down.

Plus as forum is bit different it didnt count posts there

Once get time looking at putting stuff like that in seperate section

One Janine discovered , is in the "my assistant" bit at top of the forum page, you need to be logged in to see it, just give it a click, some could be usefull stuff like can see what new posts since last visit and so on

Social source share

but I havent heard of those ones you have been too see Janine.

WOW! Ash, Weezer, white stripes, all very big names in live music ;-))) and with some chart success behind them too, which I admit I don't follow the charts, but these bands are exceptionally good live act's

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Tell a Lie I saw Weezer at Glastonbury. They were on before Green Day.

Mates said I was grinning like a cheshire cat. Proper job finish with NEAT NEAT NEAT cover.

Social source share

THANKS MIKE

by the way must take a lot of your time keeping this site maintained, up-to-date etc, just a thank you from me for giving me access to some great reading, frustration, arguments, hints, help and access to some great records over the last 12 months that i have been a member

cheers

GRANT

Social source share

To be totally honest i very rarely listen to anything other than Soul, occasionally i'll play some Jazz etc, one thing that i do like to listen to is Sarah Webster-Fabio and the "Alchemy of the blues" album, sort of a poet -funk deal, the outstanding track being (for me) "Sweet Songs" but i did see the other year the ex Feetwood Mac guitar genius Peter Green, love the "Green Manalishi" track.

Soulfully yours Brett..........Had the pleasure of Mick Smith dancing happily next to me at the last 100 Club anniversary.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!