Berwick Weekender 2008

checking soul-source 'events ' i see there's a weekender in Berwick this weekend (7-9 Nov ) .Looks a good 'un - a bit different from the usual soul weekender fare , so we are thinking about poppin ' down (or is it up ? ) to this one from York . Have pm'd the promoters but no response to date -any info anybody ?

Andy

TASTE OF HONEY. FRIDAY NOVEMBER 21ST . MARIA WILLINGHAM . GARY HOLYMAN. JUMPING JOAN . TONY JACKSON . FLANNY . BEARSOUL . THE WALDORF HOTEL . MANCHESTER . 8PM - 2AM . DOOR TAX £5 . + XMAS ALL-DAYER SUNDAY 28TH DEC 12-11. SEE WWW.BEARSOUL.MOONFRUIT.COM FOR FURTHER DETAILS

Edited by andybellwood
  • Replies 5
  • Views 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

checking soul-source 'events ' i see there's a weekender in Berwick this weekend (7-9 Nov ) .Looks a good 'un - a bit different from the usual soul weekender fare , so we are thinking about poppin ' down (or is it up ? ) to this one from York . Have pm'd the promoters but no response to date -any info anybody ?

Andy

TASTE OF HONEY. FRIDAY NOVEMBER 21ST . MARIA WILLINGHAM . GARY HOLYMAN. JUMPING JOAN . TONY JACKSON . FLANNY . BEARSOUL . THE WALDORF HOTEL . MANCHESTER . 8PM - 2AM . DOOR TAX £5 . + XMAS ALL-DAYER SUNDAY 28TH DEC 12-11. SEE WWW.BEARSOUL.MOONFRUIT.COM FOR FURTHER DETAILS

Andy

Here is the link to the flyer with the phone number to contact for details - heard it was going to be busy so best to call ahead to make sure there are still tickets. https://thehideawayclub.co.uk/Berwick.aspx

You will need to travel "up" from York to Berwick on the A1. If you are looking for some good NS music on the Sunday (this event finishes at 4pm) then just head on up the A1 for about 40 miles or so, cross the border in to Bonny Scotland and come along to the East Lothian Soul Club All Dayer which runs 2pm to 12pm. Great across the board venue and featuring two of Scotland's finest DJs, Colin Law & Kenny Burrell.

Have a good weekend.

Angela

Andy

Here is the link to the flyer with the phone number to contact for details - heard it was going to be busy so best to call ahead to make sure there are still tickets. https://thehideawayclub.co.uk/Berwick.aspx

You will need to travel "up" from York to Berwick on the A1. If you are looking for some good NS music on the Sunday (this event finishes at 4pm) then just head on up the A1 for about 40 miles or so, cross the border in to Bonny Scotland and come along to the East Lothian Soul Club All Dayer which runs 2pm to 12pm. Great across the board venue and featuring two of Scotland's finest DJs, Colin Law & Kenny Burrell.

Have a good weekend.

Angela

many thanks Angela -link provided very helpful info and had seperate PM confirmation that the event is definately one -looks brill so we'll be going on either Sat or Sun , by train for the day -which unfortunally means we'll miss out on Suns East Lothian Soul Club All Dayer , which is a great shame not least because of Kenny Burrells impending retirement --one of the best and i'll never forget his generosity and kindness as a dj and with a rare 45 as a raffle prize , for a sellout yksoulcharity event three years ago, raising almost £2000. Hopefully we'll get to an East Lothian Soul Club event in the not to distant future .

many thanks Angela -link provided very helpful info and had seperate PM confirmation that the event is definately one -looks brill so we'll be going on either Sat or Sun , by train for the day -which unfortunally means we'll miss out on Suns East Lothian Soul Club All Dayer , which is a great shame not least because of Kenny Burrells impending retirement --one of the best and i'll never forget his generosity and kindness as a dj and with a rare 45 as a raffle prize , for a sellout yksoulcharity event three years ago, raising almost £2000. Hopefully we'll get to an East Lothian Soul Club event in the not to distant future .

No problem Andy. Hope you have a good time in Berwick. I agree with you Kenny is a top bloke and one of the best on the scene. Here is a link to Soul Scotland with the 2009 dates for East Lothian Soul Club and others to help you plan a wee trip North of the Border :thumbup: . You can get the train to either Dunbar or Edinburgh on the main east coast line up here. Cheers, Ang. https://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~abdnpaul/power.html

No problem Andy. Hope you have a good time in Berwick. I agree with you Kenny is a top bloke and one of the best on the scene. Here is a link to Soul Scotland with the 2009 dates for East Lothian Soul Club and others to help you plan a wee trip North of the Border :yes: . You can get the train to either Dunbar or Edinburgh on the main east coast line up here. Cheers, Ang. https://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~abdnpaul/power.html
excellent -got relations in Haddington so must do both -thanks again -if your at Blackpool , Whitby or In Crowd weekenders where i'm djin' please come and say hello -similarly if your ever Manchester way its A TASTE OF HONEY or if in York , the ever excellent York Soul Club www.yorksoulclub.com :thumbup:

excellent -got relations in Haddington so must do both -thanks again -if your at Blackpool , Whitby or In Crowd weekenders where i'm djin' please come and say hello -similarly if your ever Manchester way its A TASTE OF HONEY or if in York , the ever excellent York Soul Club www.yorksoulclub.com :thumbup:

Haddington is only 10 minutes from us - know it well. You might know Simon from down Leeds way who now stays up in Haddington. We are going down to Blackpool Weekender next weekend so I will be sure to say hi. Cheers for now.